Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
joycewilson
Evening All, Hows everyone doing? I didnt get to bed till late this afternoon was waiting on a delivery, so lets hope its a quick night lol just want to get home to bed!
Heather
Joyce, it's all that working that takes it out of you. laugh.gif Have a good rest.
stratson
Rather you than me Joyce, is awful going short of sleep. Hope your night is not too heavy on you;..........and so to bed! Bless you.

Spent all day footerin' about doing bits and bobs. Feeling very tired.
Lucky have a nice comfortable bed awaiting. laugh.gif

Just saw you there Heather, hope all is well in your world. Nearly time for holidays.
Heather
Stratson, I would love to go away on Holiday, but this man of mine couldn't care less about Holidays.

I usually just Book a Holiday then tell him and watch him frown. sad.gif

I am bored to the teeth with all this Winter weather, and you won't be getting out too much either with it.

I was looking at St. Patrick's Coatbridge Web Site to see what was planned this year for St. Patricks Festival as they celebrate St. Patrick's Day for almost three weeks. There wiill be a good day out on Saturday 19th . laugh.gif

There are a couple of shows that look good, so I'll have to move myself and get out to Coatbridge and get tickets before they are sold out.
angel
Thurs we are in for another lovely day,so I will be up and about early to
take advantage of this truly wacky weather, Temps. reaching double digits into Fri and then back to Normal. wacko.gif
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 17th Feb 2011, 12:37am) *
Thurs we are in for another lovely day,so I will be up and about early to
take advantage of this truly wacky weather, Temps. reaching double digits into Fri and then back to Normal. wacko.gif

the weather is'nt looking as nice as I had thought , some rain but it's mild .so I'll just carry on regardless. smile.gif
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 17th Feb 2011, 12:45pm) *
the weather is'nt looking as nice as I had thought , some rain but it's mild .so I'll just carry on regardless. smile.gif

it turned out being a beautiful day after-all, and I also have two grandson's comming for supper
instead ot one, a nice suprise, they are cousins and I do enjoy their company,very witty young men and such a credit to their parents, so I had better get a move on with supper or they will be here before I know it.
Not much else on the boards that is of interest to me.
joycewilson
Hi All, Well another day of sleeping for me, looking forward to finisheing on Saturday morning for a week off work.
glasgow lass
Hi everybuddy laugh.gif ,,,,, am jist sitting here waiting for ma flight out of Mexico so thought ahd look in on you guys,,,, a hate waiting aroon airports for hrs,, but what can you do , stratson a see youve been not too well lately well a hope your feeling much better today.well a hear a bell ringing so a think its about boarding time for us,,,,, wee prayer everyone for a safe flight for us all,,, see yis aw later GW. Lass, wub.gif
Heather
I made treacle scones today. Now I'm having a cup of tea with a couple of the scones. smile.gif

Lass I hope you got home safely. smile.gif

Did you have a good time in Mexico??
Anne1
Usual Saturday for me coffee with Friend then afternoon Bingo so long since I had a win sad.gif sad.gif
penny dainty
Oh my its so hot today i canna find the energy to do anything other than sit here with the fan playing on me , phew what a stinker cool.gif
Anne1
dont make us Jealous penny.
Got my daughter g/daughter, g/g/son arriving for a few days from Ullapool, also got son here watching Celtic sounds like its gonnae be a noisy day for us biggrin.gif biggrin.gif but enjoyable especially if the Tic win
glasgow lass
Hi heather all back safely, thanks wink.gif , loads of washing to do today other than this am not doing much.Had a smashing time after the wurk bit of it all only prob was that we had a unexpected workshop for a fwe extra hrs but after that ,,, it was jist great, fab place with top accommodations so who can complain, and the best of weather food and fun !!!. In a few weeks a should be ready fur the world cruise Tommy wants to take ne on.....or has he forgotten already rolleyes.gif
angel

Hi Lass, nice seeing you back from your travels and that you had a lovely time, any wee stories you would like to tell us ! EH tongue.gif
glasgow lass
Hi angel always great to come home tae the ones a love most laugh.gif a have a couple of wee stories to share with you, going out the flight was fine till landing in Mexico in the pouring rain and the last twenty minuts where spent flying through the blackest clouds Ive ever seen during a flight, the plane shook'n shook !, a wis so feert, and a wis biting into somebuddy shoulder wae fear, one of those white knuckle moments for me,finally touched down with a big bounce and screeching sound, a thought we were going too fast for a landing, but who am I to say, Going home was real smooth, must have been due to the fact that it was a lady pilot tongue.gif I could jist tell by her voice thst she was in complete control, it was smooth as velvet, everyone cheered her at touch down lol, wit a gal !:D It was a lovely resort angel with a steep price for individuals at $700 per night, but we were a group of 140 so a know the price changed significanty. H ave a few personal stories tae tell yoo, ah'll get to them after a put ma next load in EH !!!.
angel
too bad about your flight down lass, but all went well and you never got murdered in Mexico so you are very lucky indeed, eg. if one listens to the news, anyway looking forward to your stories, catch you later biggrin.gif
angel

well thats the boards up and running again, biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Morning Folks, Been off work on holiday this week, beeb kept busy as my sons Theatre Company have sold out at Rutherglen Town Hall, so I have been popping along there most nights...then of course joining them for a wee refreshment after it lol....todays my friends birthday and we are going out for a nice meal later to a local Indians for a lovely curry then off to see the show again...hope you all have a good one....... rolleyes.gif
glasgow lass
have a lovely time out joyce, we have a blizzard out and a have to get to wurk so am just aboot tae get the mukluks on, thats if mur'n has returned them, shes always pinchin ma things.Well am going to make the most of this day no matter what the weather!, see'y all later. smile.gif
angel
the roads are treacherous today , take it easy Lass! unsure.gif
penny dainty
having a wee trip to Sydney on Tuesday , work trip all expenses paid , staying at the Sydney Hilton , hmmmm could get used to that , be drinking my tea with the sticky oot pinkie soon . laugh.gif
angel
I'm just tooting my horn a little, My grandson has been accepted into
two universities ,now his problem is which one to accept, He is my third
grandchild to go this route , I am so pleased for him, now that makes just three more to go, although I'm pretty sure my granddaughter will be a cert for the following year. biggrin.gif wub.gif .
glasgow lass
biggrin.gif Toot away angel, great news.Will he be studying at home or away.
angel

thats still under discussion Lass, they have lots of options to consider
and as you know finances are so important, I does'nt come cheap
and thats for sure. smile.gif
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 27th Feb 2011, 12:21am) *
thats still under discussion Lass, they have lots of options to consider
and as you know finances are so important, I does'nt come cheap

and thats for sure. smile.gif oooooooops It doesnt come cheap laugh.gif

glasgow lass
Yes angel a know too well the cost of higher education, when mine was about four I began the big save for uni, altho it was still very far off it was worth it in the end to put somethig away every month,anyway come out of school debt free as it was all paid for.Mine loved school, who wouldn't , if someone else is paying for it biggrin.gif ,,,good luck to your grandsone angel. biggrin.gif
penny dainty
Went to some nice wee markets on the foreshore at Manly and then had a coffe and a good bacon and egg roll.Sun was shining , hmmmm yes a nice day .
stratson
Have appt. with Chiropodist today, first outing for a while. smile.gif
Anne1
Brilliant news for your grandson Angel biggrin.gif

Hi Stratson nice to see you on here today biggrin.gif
Heather
Well done to your g'son Angel.

My g'son finishes his Performing Arts Course this summer and he is trying to get into another College for a more advanced Course.
God love him, he has a hard road ahead of him but is still so determined he wants to be an actor.
I've given up telling him there are more un-employed actors than any other profession.
His parents are just letting him go ahead as they have said all they can say to him.
They were both at Strathclyde University, that's were they met and Graduated at the same time with the same Degree.

Stratson, it loks a nice day to get out and about and after your appointment your feet will feel grand and can go along the road singing,' these feet were made for walking'. wink.gif
glasgow lass
Hi everybuddy great news aboot aw the G/sons, Am just doing my usual, going to wurk soon and so happy a dont have to shovel out this morning, its raining ,,,, o' isn't it lovely to see the rain and feel it on yir face biggrin.gif , instead of sleat. Have a wonderful day everybuddy, am going to do ma best to have one also,,,cheerio.Lass,,, wub.gif
angel
good morning ladies, Stratson, Anne, Joyce, Lass, O" and Heather,I nearly forgot ! biggrin.gif and also Penny lol
It is good news about the grandkids makes everything so worth while,
anyway as Lass says,it is raining cats and dogs here but I hope that we are all of us just singing in the rain. Enjoy your day. and I hope Anne, that you and your family are having good news. biggrin.gif
Heather
The sun is actually shining here it's like a summers day. smile.gif

I'm sorry I didn't make more of an effort earlier on and go into town.

witshisname
I'm looking through the classifieds to see if anyone is selling some Huskies,i'll need em if I wanna get out of the apartment..lol.
Heather
Is it that bad Wits. You have my sympathy. sad.gif
Elma
If you find some Wits, let me know I could do with them too biggrin.gif We have had 10 more inches of snow overnight and it's still coming down hard and fast!! Don't know whether to wait until it stops or to go out and shovel now. However the temp is up to 0C so that's a plus laugh.gif
witshisname
QUOTE (Heather @ 28th Feb 2011, 05:44pm) *
Is it that bad Wits. You have my sympathy. sad.gif

Hi Heather,this year seems to be a little more difficult than others..there just seems to be no end to this snow.I'm including a couple of pics(hope that's ok) to show you what I see out of my Living room & Bedroom windows.
"Ground level view'' is looking out living room door,and the other is from the bedroom.Will do Elma,I think they would be big sellers this year..lol.
Heather
Oh boy, better you than me.

Remember when we were young we couldn't get enough of it. Snowball fights and making slides everywhere. smile.gif

Now I hate snow. sad.gif
angel
I'm not doing much of anything today, just a few tidy-up chores around the house and listening
to my favorite music on my ipod and posting on the wrong thread," biggrin.gif : just love my ipod" wub.gif
Anne1
Told you, you would luv iPod angel biggrin.gif
angel
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 4th Mar 2011, 08:24pm) *
Told you, you would luv iPod angel biggrin.gif

Yes Anne, it's the best gift ever, all my favorites and also those
that I love from sing-song. biggrin.gif
Heather
I did the usual Friday house cleaning. rolleyes.gif

After carefully watching my waist line these past few weeks, that terrible man of mine came in today with a big bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk for me and there are 40 square's in it.
I tried to ignore it, but being a chocoholic it was very difficult especially when it was sitting there winking at me. The chocolate, not the man. laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Thats wit am dae'n noo Heather,, hoose wurk,,,YUK! Friday night doing house work, ever heard the likes of it. At least you had a nice big sweetie for afters.Am rushing to get done as there is a show on about Gadaffi at nine, so a want everything done and poot away. Cheers averybiddy smile.gif wub.gif
Heather
Lass, I'm used to doing housework on a Friday.

Once we became teenagers, the girls in our family were not allowed out on a Friday night as the house was cleaned from top to bottom. Down on our knees washing floors then back again when they were dry with the tin of Lavender floor polish, then back again to shine the floors up.
Then there was the dusting and polishing the furniture.
I really resented having to clean my brothers bedroom while they went out on the town dancing etc and we even had to do their ironing. sad.gif

A couple of years ago I was having tests done by my Doctor and he came to the house one Friday and I was doing the housework. He told me off and said I should be resting, I told him it was the way I was brought up, he said I was a slave to my genes. laugh.gif

Old habits die hard and I'm still a slave to my genes.
joycewilson
Morning All, Just having a nice glass of fresh fruit juice, then got some things to get done at home, off to work for my overtime shift this afternoon....hope you all have a nice day x x x
glasgow lass
Am trying tae get oot the door tae the gym but am going to have to shouvel, looks like we had lots of snaw during the night, thought we were done wae snow rolleyes.gif ,,,so am stalling this morning guys. sad.gif
wee mags
I done not a bliddy thing the day its raining or should I say pouring ,we have flood warnings but its just my basment that get flooded ,Iam used to it .so I will just get some knitting done
stratson
Hello mags this past week is the first dry weather we have had, rained incessantly 6 prior weeks,

Must be terrible being flooded. Enjoy your knitting!

Will attempt some housework today,,,,,,,,a first for a while.

Must stretch my legs, perhaps a wee walk later with my son.

Used to be such an active person,,,,,,,changed days. rolleyes.gif
bilbo.s
Got my washing out but keeping an eye on the gathering clouds. Friday night I was gobsmacked to see a car with 2 inches of snow on the roof - it was from a much higher village. We had a thunderstorm last week and a shower of hail.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.