Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
angel
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 10th Feb 2011, 05:54pm) *
Or better still do it the lazy way Heather and jist pop them in the toaster wink.gif

No Lass, she is on a mission laugh.gif
witshisname
QUOTE (angel @ 10th Feb 2011, 07:06pm) *
No Lass, she is on a mission laugh.gif

Eggo's are alot easier to cook Angel as 'lass said...lol.Good luck on the waffles Heather,remember you can also add Fruit to them for added fun smile.gif
witshisname
Well it's another quiet day for me,had a wee walk across to the shops just to see what's on special(nothing),had a little walk up some heavily snowed streets & just enjoyed the winter scenery..Then I bolted for home..lol.
still too cold to be out more than 30 mins.
glasgow lass
mission impossible angel tongue.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif laugh.gif Aye wits, me 'n you have got it down-pat!,,,,,,,,,,,,,pronto !lol.
Heather
I was out just after 9am this morning and it was a nice sunny morning.

Hopefully we have seen the last of the snow. Please God. smile.gif

Lass, I can't pour waffle mixture into the toaster, I'd probably blow the house up. It was bad enough when I almost set it on fire a few weeks ago without blowing it up. ohmy.gif
Anne1
Had a nice wee walk today just to shops and back was enough , got to be up early tomorrow of to Edinburgh going by train as I dont fancy trying to find a parking space ther hopefully be back by lunchtime biggrin.gif
penny dainty
Off to the gym this morning , then home to make a peanut icecream cake for tomorrows dessert , Lindas coming for dinner and thats her request lol her favourite.No none for me , too rich . smile.gif
joycewilson
Hi All, Well I managed to get a few hours sleep thats me off work till Tue.....just going to stroll to Tesco and get a few things I need in.....going over to visit my wee Mum tonight for a few hours...
angel

I'm going out with my grandson this afternoon, it was his birthday , he is 19yrs of age now, so we will just play it by ear and see how the day goes.

witshisname
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 10th Feb 2011, 11:01pm) *
Had a nice wee walk today just to shops and back was enough , got to be up early tomorrow of to Edinburgh going by train as I dont fancy trying to find a parking space ther hopefully be back by lunchtime biggrin.gif

Hope you had a great Time in Edinburgh Anne,hopefully the shops had some great deals on smile.gif
Anne1
Hope you have a nice day with your g/son angel.
well I went to edinburgh today train journey good very efficient but on arr. dept every bliddy escalator was on the blink so many stairs to climb up and same coming down and folk like mad beggars rushing past you to catch trains was convinced I was for falling on ma bahookie,.
Gled a live in glasgow
witshisname
Usual friday for me,meet up wae pals do grocery shopping then back to theirs for Supper & a Movie,but I might take the camera out & take some pics as it's so sunny today.
Heather
I had an amusing day with the two g'daughters.

The 9yrs old told us she was at her school St. Valentine disco yesterday and she got a gift from one of the boys in her class. When she opened it up it was a Valentine card and a heart shaped box of chocolate's.
I asked her if she fancied him and she replied, " none of your business ". We all fell about laughing at that answer. laugh.gif

They then decided to make pancakes and the batter was that thick you could have used it to cement the walls. It turned out they did not have a clue what 'oz ' meant in a recipe or how many ounce's were in a pound. However, they made them, ate them and thought they were great. smile.gif
Anne1
wee change to my Saturday routine , got Podiatrist coming this morning she was supposed to have been yesterday at 4pm but called this morning saying she had hit a pothole and and twisted here front wheel, and after her visit shall meet my friend for coffee the a wee jaunt tae bingo, then a nice quiet night in biggrin.gif
stratson
Cooking then eating laugh.gif
angel

For my lunch today I made crepes, Filled them with strawberries topped with confectoners sugar and fresh cream, delicious enough to be sinful smile.gif
and for supper ,who cares!, cause I don,t laugh.gif
Heather
Gosh Angel, those crepes sound delicious, send me over a couple, my mouth is watering. Pretty please. smile.gif
angel
QUOTE (Heather @ 13th Feb 2011, 06:35pm) *
Gosh Angel, those crepes sound delicious, send me over a couple, my mouth is watering. Pretty please. smile.gif

On their way Heather, Post- Haste. biggrin.gif Bon Apetit.
Heather
Angel, I'll be on the doorstep waiting for the Postman. I think the crepes will go down nice with a glass of wine. smile.gif
angel
thats the only way to eat them with a white wine, I have just realised that, I've posted my lunch on the wrong thread, it must have been that wine. biggrin.gif
Anne1
Angel two servings for over here Nev thinks they sound brilliant biggrin.gif
Heather
Listen here Annewan, you tell Neville to keep his hands off those crepes. They are for me, I asked first. So there. tongue.gif

I finished my sweater today and now I have to sew it alltogether. It's a tedious job. sad.gif
angel
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 13th Feb 2011, 08:47pm) *
Angel two servings for over here Nev thinks they sound brilliant biggrin.gif

with compliments Anne to you and Nev," but get your ane wine" laugh.gif
angel
when we came from church this morning ,my sister and her husband came back here for lunch, so I made the crepes and we drunk " Mimosa's",

that is orange juice and in this case , with inexpensive bubbly
made like a punch. { the joy of it all }
Heather
Angel, is your confectioner sugar what we call icing sugar???
Anne1
What an unsocialable pair bring yer ain wine, and I asked first says Heather, mind you Nev likes wine but hes into Reds, so dont think theMimosa would have gone down well. och well maybe get an iivite when that Heathers no watching biggrin.gif
Heather
My beady eye is on you. laugh.gif
angel
QUOTE (Heather @ 13th Feb 2011, 09:25pm) *
Angel, is your confectioner sugar what we call icing sugar???

Yes it is Anne but don't make icing with it for you fruit. just sprinkle it over and cut the strawberries in to small pieces biggrin.gif
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 13th Feb 2011, 09:44pm) *
Yes it is Anne but don't make icing with it for you fruit. just sprinkle it over and cut the strawberries in to small pieces biggrin.gif

another try,--- slice your strawberries into small pieces sprinkle your icing sugar over them
place on crepes and roll ,meanwhile take nice sips of the mimosa that makes one helluva difference ,sprinkle rolled crepe with icing sugar and cream on the side if you wish. biggrin.gif
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 13th Feb 2011, 09:52pm) *
another try,--- slice your strawberries into small pieces sprinkle your icing sugar over them
place on crepes and roll ,meanwhile take nice sips of the mimosa that makes one helluva difference ,sprinkle rolled crepe with icing sugar and cream on the side if you wish. biggrin.gif

thought you where Anne , sorry.
angel
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 13th Feb 2011, 09:31pm) *
What an unsocialable pair bring yer ain wine, and I asked first says Heather, mind you Nev likes wine but hes into Reds, so dont think theMimosa would have gone down well. och well maybe get an iivite when that Heathers no watching biggrin.gif

jist gie him a cup a tea then. biggrin.gif
Heather
All this talk of wine has led me to pour out a nice glass of Baileys Irish. I got a bottle of it for my Christmas and I still have not finished it. I might even have two drinks.

I've been playing all my old records tonight. Right now I am playing Elvis 40 Greatist hits.

Anyone getting up to jive?? laugh.gif
angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LasWINTwft8

right get up Heather laugh.gif lets jive .
Anne1
Gon yerself Girls biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Morning Girls....
angel
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 14th Feb 2011, 06:36am) *
Gon yerself Girls biggrin.gif

thats me wearing the fringes. wub.gif

good morning Joyce . biggrin.gif
Anne1
Hi Joyce rolleyes.gif

Angel how did I guess that was you wae the fringes at the jiving cos if Heather had been there she wid have been wearing white ankle socks and sandshoes and a wee short black skirt, & top a know her style biggrin.gif
angel
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 14th Feb 2011, 03:52pm) *
Hi Joyce rolleyes.gif

Angel how did I guess that was you wae the fringes at the jiving cos if Heather had been there she wid have been wearing white ankle socks and sandshoes and a wee short black skirt, & top a know her style biggrin.gif

Anne you know me ...it's so important to keep up with changing times . LOL

Anne, I have been really busy this morning with gutting out the basement
and I've just stopped for a bite of lunch and it looks like I'll be in this darn basement the rest of the day.

Heather
Actually Annewan, my skirt was shocking pink and it looked great with my white knickers. laugh.gif

I watched the afternoon film while I stitched my sweater together. Now I just have one sleeve to stitch and it's finished. smile.gif
penny dainty
Went to see Billy Connelly last night , funny , funny man, i had tears pouring down my face laughing.Still as rude and sweary as ever .Did a stint using the C word , one of my pet hates , well he even made me laugh with the way he used it , it was so apt.A good night .
angel

glad you had a nice evening Penny biggrin.gif
angel

http://lshs64.com/enjoytheride.html

this is nice... biggrin.gif
irrie
QUOTE (angel @ 15th Feb 2011, 02:57am) *

Morning Angel. Nice pictures and good advice for everyone. Cheers
Anne1
Morning Irrie
Thanks Angel tha was lovely biggrin.gif
angel
good morning Anne to both you and Irrie, it's just a beautiful morning here but of course "cold', anyway I am taking a little advice from my previous post and running away, I'm just going to get in the car and go for a drive,something like a mystery tour,don;t know were I'll end up but I'll do a little window shopping , have lunch,and just follow my nose, hope both of you have a great day. biggrin.gif
witshisname
Good afternoon everyone,just another day at home looking at all the snow ootside. Aaaaarrrggghh I want spring!!!
Isobel
Just home from a few weeks in Punta Cana. Its still cold here but snow is melting fast as it is starting to warm up double didgets for the weekend. Roll on summer.
Heather
I hope you had a good time Isobel.

I did nothing today except shopping, Library, reading and make the dinner.

I'm reading a book and it is heartbreaking. It's an auto biography about the dreadful cruelty the author as a wee girl received from her dad and his partner.

It's the kind of story that makes you want to reach out and hug that wee girl.

Street Kid by Judy Westwater.

angel
QUOTE (Isobel @ 15th Feb 2011, 05:49pm) *
Just home from a few weeks in Punta Cana. Its still cold here but snow is melting fast as it is starting to warm up double didgets for the weekend. Roll on summer.

Isobel, nice to see that you had a good vacation biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.