Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
angel

It's a beautiful day here lots of sunshine , temp about -6'cel. so I'm off for a nice walk cool.gif
annie laurie
You put me in the mood Angel,
Been sorting and moving stuff all morning yes. and i have a load of junk also,
'Some for the Thrift [good junk} the rest for the garbage
Amazing how we collect stuff and it piles up .

So now i am off to the Care facility to visit Hubby,
Good feeling when you clear things out I think my house even looks bigger laugh.gif

Cheers
Anne1
Had another lazy day , next couple of days will be hectic Nev goes into hospital in the morning so by the time I take him him and get back it will be lunch time them will go back in for evening visiting, hopefully he will get out Tuesday rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
stratson
Window cleaner never showed so I tackled my sitting room windows(Big high bay wans) OMG had to wash inner curtain rail, never saw such dirt, anyway they are gleaming(Just a chamois and vinegar, polished wae kitchen roll. Even managed to hang clean inner curtaining.
Honestly I was knackered so made a coffee and got a dose of afternoon Jeremy and feeling brand new.

All being well tomorrow will tackle kitchen and bedroom. Just wish didn't have such high ceilings.

Anne1, trust all goes well for Neville, please convey my best to him. You also please look after yourself,

Love xx
Heather
Anne, I hope all goes well for Neville. Give him our regards.

Well I had another lazy day. I did my knitting while I watched an old video of, ' Gone with the Wind'.
I read the book last week, so now I will read the follow up book, 'Scarlet', which I have read many times before.

No wonder it's taken me so long to knit this sweater, I read too much.
Anne1
Thanks for good wishes for Nev, just been in to Gartnavel collected him, good news doesnt need chemo and surgeon will see him in six months what a relief folks biggrin.gif
stratson
Best news so far this year Anne1. biggrin.gif

Heather, read both of books you mentioned. Gone With The Wind is my all time Fave Movie..

No wonder knitting is taking so long, just enjoy your day.

Trying to get on with rest of windows today, can't get heated up just now.

Mind you, sitting here is not helping, Better make a move,,,,,,,beside the fireplace. biggrin.gif
angel
Thats good news Anne, a weight off your shoulders no doubt. biggrin.gif
Elma
Agree with Angel, Anne, very good news indeed. It must be quite a weight off your shoulders and Nev's too biggrin.gif

Didn't do a lot today, was bowling this morning then did my monthly grocery shopping. It is 10% off on the first Tuesday of each month at our local grocery store so get all of my groceries then. Did some financial stuff for both the Church and Theatre Society of which I'm treasurer, then on here to relax. It's just after 7 p.m. so I'd better go and get some dinner tongue.gif
Heather
Good news Anne. smile.gif

Well I have worked hard today. I emptied out the four drawers in my dressing table and did a clearance.
Now I'm trying to talk my husband into doing a clearance in his chest of drawers. He looked at me as if I was daft.
Men are bigger hoarders that women. Aye they are. tongue.gif
glasgow lass
biggrin.gif Anne a said it before in another thread but jist in case you didn't see it,,,,,,am very happy for Neve's good results. wub.gif
glasgow lass
biggrin.gif Heather do you ever stop, yer a busy wee bee so'y are.
Heather
Lass, I used to be a busy bee, but now as I get older, I am getting lazier.

But I did have a busy afternoon as I also did a clearance in the the four drawers under the bed where I keep the bed linen.
I just threw the lot in the bin as I could not be bothered hauling it down to Mary's Meals tomorrow. wub.gif
Anne1
Like you Heather I was always busy, either knitting baking cooking cleaning and now everything is an effort, who said getting old was fun rolleyes.gif
penny dainty
Glad to hear the good news about Nev Annewan , wee bit peace o mind eh.
Well im doing today what i usually do , going to work , ah me well it pays the bills lol and buys the occasional wee glass o red .heehee!
glasgow lass
have a good day at wurk penny, are'y stil nursing.
penny dainty
That i am Lass still looking at peoples gastrointestinal systems every day , lol then off to the gym afterwards.
glasgow lass
better you look at them than me panny. tongue.gif
penny dainty
Aye well sumbdy has to do it lol eh luss laugh.gif
Heather
Anne, I used to do a lot of baking, now I can't remember when I last baked.
One of my favourite's was a gingerbread loaf, I used to take one up to mum, she loved it. She was a smashing baker herself in her younger days.

I was up and out early today and did my shopping. Came home and washed the 30 wee panes of glass on the sitting room doors. I'll do the kitchen door one's tomorrow. sad.gif

Next I put on a DVD, ' Roots ' ( remember that series ) and did an ironing while watching it as it helps to pass the time as Ironing can be very boring.

I started the other sleeve of my sweater. It's getting there slow but sure. smile.gif
penny dainty
Roots was a brilliant series Heather , koonta kintay , loved it.
Well work as usual then off to the gym and flogged myself , so feeling very self rightious {ano i spelt it wrong}, so having a cold beer now sigh , pure bliss , its stinkin hot again so the cold beer just lovely.
Heather
Penny, I've watched Parts 1-2. I've still got Parts 3,4,5,6 to watch which I will do later on when the housework is done. Right now I've just stopped for a wee cuppa tea.

Roots is the first DVD that I've had that plays on both sides. When I first got it I thought Part 2 was missing, then I discovered I had to turn the DVD over, the same with the other Parts.

The shows on TV are rubbish, so in the afternoon when ironing or knitting I look out the old DVDs or Video's and watch them.
My husband says he is bored watching 'Anne of Green Gable's, ' it drive's him mad. He said he has seen it 100 times, he is kidding himself on, he always falls asleep. rolleyes.gif
My sister brought the whole series over for me a few years ago and I just love it.

Enjoy your beer Penny, you deserve it after working so hard.
proudmaryhiller
Just in from shopping down in Byres Road and what a horrible day it is here in Glasgow, my goodness that Waitrose is a dear hole to shop in! don't have much of a variety vegetarian wise either, cheaper going to Tesco me thinks!

Loved Roots never missed it when it was first shown.

Heather is your 'Anne of Green Gables' the one with Kim Braden? what a lovely series that was, quite like to get the DVD of it.
stratson
Did absolutely nothing today except rest. Hope am o.k. for tomorrow, would like to get out, mind you, not blown away. Hope rain and winds give us a break.
P.M.H. You must have got a drenching in Byres Rd . I love Waitrose, do not have one on the South side that I know of.
Used to shop in it in the Edgeware Branch in the 80's when visiting my son.s home. It was expensive!

Heather, your so lucky having all the episodes of Roots. One of the best Shows ever shown on T.V.

Must ask my daughter to send it to me. Could watch it all over again. smile.gif

Heather
Stratson I bought the Roots DVDs from Amazon a few years ago.

If you can't get it, then when the weather picks up you can meet me in town one day and I'll give you a loan the Roots DVDs so you can watch it again at your own leisure.

Maryhillier, no it's not Kim Braden it's Megan Follows who plays Anne.
But I do remember the Anne of Green Gable's series with Kim Braden and it was good.

I've alway loved the bit's when she smashed her slate over Gilbert's head for calling her' carrots,' and when she tried to dye her red hair black, and it turned out green. laugh.gif
stratson
Heather, thank you for your kind offer. Very nice of you smile.gif

.My daughter Angela got me Celtic Thunder D,V,D, a couple of years ago, was not for sale in the U.K..

Will probably get it myself from Amazon if it is for sale in the U.K.

Would have been nice to meet up again, not walking good those days,,,,,,,See me shuffle along,,,,,Cue for a song. laugh.gif

penny dainty
well doing as little as possible today , the heat it terrible , but i think rain is on the way , it's getting very overcast, hopefully it will take some of the heat outta the air . cool.gif
RonD
QUOTE (Heather @ 4th Feb 2011, 08:00pm) *
Stratson I bought the Roots DVDs from Amazon a few years ago.

If you can't get it, then when the weather picks up you can meet me in town one day and I'll give you a loan the Roots DVDs so you can watch it again at your own leisure.

Maryhillier, no it's not Kim Braden it's Megan Follows who plays Anne.
But I do remember the Anne of Green Gable's series with Kim Braden and it was good.

I've alway loved the bit's when she smashed her slate over Gilbert's head for calling her' carrots,' and when she tried to dye her red hair black, and it turned out green. laugh.gif

Heather: A lot of the "Anne" series was shot in the next town to us called Uxbridge, Ontario. Lucy Maud Montgomery the author of Anne of Green Gables lived in a closer town to us called Leaskdale for 15 years because her husband Ewan McDonald was the the town's minister there. I drive past the manse where they lived just about everyday. Google Leaskdale for more information.
Anne1
Going out at lunchtime for a couple of hours a few bits and pieces to see to in town centre, hope the rain stops before then biggrin.gif
stratson
Trying to find lots of things not to do! laugh.gif
joycewilson
Morning Folks, Back to nightshift for me tonight, my wee Mums coming over for lunch later, I have my uniforms for the week to iron later..
Elma
Will be off to our store to receive the new DVDs that go on the shelves tomorrow, they didn't arrive on Friday as usual so it will be a bit of a rush today. Then tonight we have our Annual Congregational Meeting at the Church, preceded by a pot-luck supper at 6 p.m. I am making chicken wings to take with me and then as I am Treasurer of the Church I have to present the financial statements for 2010 and then the Budget for 2011, I hope everyone agrees with it all huh.gif
witshisname
I'm stayin in bed as it's comin doon again..bloomin freezin these days and not able to get out much,as the city is taking it's sweet time clearing the sidewalks sad.gif
Anne1
Went to town centre yesterday went to health centre had blood test done also had my b12 vitamin injection so am back on medical runaround again screammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm biggrin.gif
stratson
Am seeing my G.P. later today. got a couple of problems need attention so will have to discuss some positive action.

Will hopefully get to the local shops before my appt.

Hope your injections make you feel stronger Anne1 smile.gif
Heather
Rond, I had a look at Leaskdale and it was interesting.
My sister was in Prince Edward Island quite a few years ago and she sent me table mats with Green Gable's on one side and a map of the Island on the other.
I laughed when I saw a place on it called; New Glasgow. laugh.gif

I'm off the the UCM tonight and it is our Auction Night.
I think some people use it to get rid of their un-wanted Christmas Presents. I never see anything I want to buy, but I enjoy the chat and the tea and biscuits afterwards. smile.gif
angel
I was out this morning for about an hour, "a wee bit shopping" and I had also tried to do a little work outside the house,but it was an exercise in futility, it is very cold just now, must be with the wind, around -18' cel.
well anyway hope all goes well for you Stratson and Anne and you tae Wits. biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
just having a wee keek in angel, where a am its abig beautiful blue sky, said its -20, ah'll know that in a few minuts when a go out for lunch, TG a brought ma dog-ear hat today http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0044FN2PW/ref=as...ASIN=B0044FN2PW
angel
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 8th Feb 2011, 05:23pm) *
just having a wee keek in angel, where a am its abig beautiful blue sky, said its -20, ah'll know that in a few minuts when a go out for lunch, TG a brought ma dog-ear hat today http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0044FN2PW/ref=as...ASIN=B0044FN2PW

Ur they no jist the cat's whiskers, biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Finally am home, it was a cold wan and am zonked because a didn't get nore than two hrs sleep last night, wis up most of the night watching the Kardashians, a right girls show,,, make-up'n hair, boy friends,a house daddy and six kids of whom four are adults, so a sneaked down-stairs curled with a big blanket and a few hot cuppas till anout 4am,,yawn, after that there wis nae sleep tae be found rolleyes.gif .I missed the movie Letters to Juliet it was on at the weekend am told, its on again tonight ( paid cable ) I hear that there is beautiful scenery of Italy and also a beautiful love story, so am looking forward to that tonight, have a great night everywin, am away tae make the pop-corn.
stratson
Have rested all day. Making dinner , then on to the recliner for the evening. What a life! laugh.gif
Heather
I'm doing nothing today except play games on the PC, read a book and do some knitting. smile.gif
Anne1
Also had a very lazy day yesterday am getting used to these Stratson, while your knitting Heather wouldn't mind a big Aran Cardi if you can fit in biggrin.gif
Heather
I'm still knitting that aran sweater Anne. If I spent less time reading and being on this PC it would be finished by now. smile.gif

I'm just finished trying to make waffle's again. What a mess, once again the mixture was all over the work top and the waffle's were woeful. They were sticking so hard to the waffle pan I had to wait until it was cooled down then pour water on them, then strip them off right into the bin. laugh.gif
angel
QUOTE (Heather @ 10th Feb 2011, 03:00pm) *
I'm still knitting that aran sweater Anne. If I spent less time reading and being on this PC it would be finished by now. smile.gif

I'm just finished trying to make waffle's again. What a mess, once again the mixture was all over the work top and the waffle's were woeful. They were sticking so hard to the waffle pan I had to wait until it was cooled down then pour water on them, then strip them off right into the bin. laugh.gif

O'well heather,just stay with pancakes,you probably have ruined your waffle pan, you should have used the cooking oil to clean up the mess.
Heather
Angel the waffle's pan looks ok. I'll just keep trying but the problem is how much mixture to put in the waffle pan how long to cook.
This lot looked cooked on the top but when I peeled it off they were not cooked inside.

I think the next time I go to the USA I'll have to ask the Rio Diner for lessons on waffle making. laugh.gif
I love their Belguim waffles.
angel
Heather just put a couple of large spoonfulls of batter on each waffle section and spread with the spoon, also I'm wondering because you must be using an adaptor, are you getting the right temperature, that could take
a wee bit practice, cheers smile.gif
Heather
Angel, the pan has five settings and I have just noticed the book I got with it does give the settings. What a dummy I am. rolleyes.gif

I tried to judge the amount today but as soon as I closed the lid the mixture spread over the place.

I'll keep trying as I'm bound to get it right sometime. Probably by default. laugh.gif
angel
QUOTE (Heather @ 10th Feb 2011, 04:59pm) *
Angel, the pan has five settings and I have just noticed the book I got with it does give the settings. What a dummy I am. rolleyes.gif

I tried to judge the amount today but as soon as I closed the lid the mixture spread over the place.

I'll keep trying as I'm bound to get it right sometime. Probably by default. laugh.gif

Heather, when all else fails , read the instructions, lol ,and make sure the
waffle plates are hot enough.
glasgow lass
Or better still do it the lazy way Heather and jist pop them in the toaster wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.