Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
angel

Stratson, I reallly don't know . but it just seems to happen from time to
time only on these boards but I will check with the server next time smile.gif
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 18th Jan 2011, 01:25pm) *
once again the boards have been very slow here for the past couple of days, it's very frustating, unsure.gif

oops frustrating... ohmy.gif
Heather
I was very surprised to see the picture of the wee 8yrs old girl Elizabeth on the Internet.
She was singing the American National Anthem when the microphone stopped working and the crowd at the hockey match joined in singing with her.
It was her likeness to my 9yrs old g'daughter that caught my eye.
When I show everyone who comes into our house the picture and ask who they think it is, they all say, " Emma ".

Elizabeth.

Emma.
stratson
Heather, you are so right, the resemblance to Elizabeth is striking.

Beautiful Grand/Daughter,,,,,,Stunning. God Bless Her.x smile.gif
Heather
Stratson, I was kidding Emma on as to why she went to America to sing at a Hockey game and did not tell us, she kept saying, " but I wasn't in America ". laugh.gif
I showed her the picture and she saw for herself how alike she was to that wee girl.
Her brother and sister were amazed at the likeness.

It's a pity Emma has on her school uniform instead of a red sweater.
Anne1
Yes Heather theres a very strong resemblance with Emma and the girl singing, what a pretty girl Emma is biggrin.gif
Anne1
I am still trying to get organised for going away in the morning, but at present it seem useless keep stopping starting it will end up being mad rush at last minute I am usually pretty organised when it comes to going away, got to have everything finished before tea time as my daughter is coming for tea and cut our hair, need to stop footering about laugh.gif
witshisname
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 20th Jan 2011, 08:03am) *
I am still trying to get organised for going away in the morning, but at present it seem useless keep stopping starting it will end up being mad rush at last minute I am usually pretty organised when it comes to going away, got to have everything finished before tea time as my daughter is coming for tea and cut our hair, need to stop footering about laugh.gif

Have a wonderful vacation Anne smile.gif
witshisname
Heather I saw the video of the little Girl at the game,felt so bad for her when she forgot the words to the National Anthem,but ut was lovely to see & hear all the Adults in attendance helping her along.
And your G/daughter does bare a striking resemblance to her.
Heather
Wits, I don't think she forgot the words, it was the microphone that cut out on her.
Apparently she has been invited back to sing again.
She has a lovely voice for an 8yrs old.
RonD
Heather, here's another vieo of that young girl and it shows here more clearly, and the resemblance to your grand daughter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmQ9MgJO16k...feature=related
Heather
Ron, she is amazing for her age. I wonder where children like her get their confidence from.
Anne1
Well folks thats me of on ma travels for a few days going down south to Funeral, hospital changed Nevs pre med so now having to travel back same day as funeral to be able to get to Gartnavel on Tues instead of Wed. Will look in and see what your up to rolleyes.gif
Heather
Anne that's a pity you have to come back right after the Funeral. At least you'll have a few days with your friend before the Funeral.

Take care.
stratson
Have a safe journey south Anne1, very sad circumstances. Bless!

Have my nieces funeral next week, her daughter just got D.C. AFTER Post Mortem yesterday.
such a delay for all grieving her loss.

R.I.P. Sharon..

Am at home today. Doing some catchup, washer going, must tackle some of the mountain of ironing have accumulated.

Hope all is well with you and yours Heather smile.gif
witshisname
Safe journey Anne & Nev,
well it's time to meet up with ma pals today and complain about this lousy weather we're having..lol.Who knows mibbe we'll take a wee tour of the local Malls and see if there are any deals on Easter Eggs.
glasgow lass
Are yoo no jumpin-the-gun wits lol. is it no Valentine chocolates furst laugh.gif laugh.gif
angel
I'm rearranging closets and drawers in the bedrooms today and now a lot of clothing going to the Salvation army and I now have a lot more space.
Happy Days!
joycewilson
Hi All, Had a good sleep and am organised for my last nighshift of the week.....looking forward to a few days off, catch up with things at home ...
Heather
Stratson it seems quite a lot of Funerals have been held up with the weather and especially with the holidays over the Festive Season.
It will be a sad day for you, so take care.

RIP Sharon

glasgow lass
Am not doing much of anything tonight,jist sitting here at home nursing a really horrible cold. Was out for a run the other morning and just mentioned to my frien that a never grt sick,,,, now look at me ! yuk!, See whit happens when'y bum'yer chat. huh.gif
penny dainty
Chores and more chores,ugh !
stratson
Hi P.D.,,,,If and when fog/mist clears would like to get to the shops,,,,then.

Get back to warmth of house a.s.a.p.

Got to steam clean my black winter coat. Plus other articles from my mountain of ironing!

Can you tell I dislike ironing., Mind the days when I even ironed my man's socks. rolleyes.gif
angel
well I had a really nice day today, Sat.,unexpected company, My son and his wife paid a visit and stayed a few hours so we had a nice lunch together and a good old chat, brightened up my day. biggrin.gif
stratson
Put my meat in oven to roast,,,,

Generally cooking, no cleaning today,,,,,Is the day of rest.

Hectic week ahead(God Willing) mellow.gif
angel
Last night I decided to clear the fresh snow from my driveway just to try and keep up with it because the snow would continue for the rest of the night and this morning my neighbour came over and helped me,
so that has made my day, there has been lots of snow since last night
and the temps is about -22" cel., we're the warm spot.
Also I spent a couple of hours on skype this morning speaking with friends in the uk.,of course they are completely insane and great fun,
it's just been a lovely day so far. biggrin.gif
Anne1
Glad your having a nice day Angel, Ive just spent a couple of hours with Paulines47 catching up with all her news fair enjoyed the natter, hope the snow stays away from here biggrin.gif
angel
maybe you could handle a wee drap of ours, Anne! EH
Anne1
Naw angel its all yours doll biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Heather
Aye and you can keep it Angel. tongue.gif
angel
are you bunch ganging up on me unsure.gif
Anne1
Yep biggrin.gif
angel
Anne, read your pm ,, hope you have a safe drive back home ,without any snow.
Anne1
cheers doll biggrin.gif
penny dainty
I'll save you Angel , back at the gym again after a wee break , so feeling fit .
angel
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 24th Jan 2011, 11:15am) *
I'll save you Angel , back at the gym again after a wee break , so feeling fit .

Ok Penny I'll give you a call should I require your services. rolleyes.gif
penny dainty
Aye no worries , ahm poised waiting to jump like a coiled spring! :lol
Elma
I took some food and flowers to friends whose 28 year old son died of an aneurism in his heart valve last week. Had a nice visit with them, they are doing quite well considering. I didn't call her last week as I wasn't having a great time myself. Last Monday, the 17th would have been my eldest son's 50th birthday so I was feeling a bit emotional.
Anne1
Hope your feeling a wee bit better Elma
Well thats us back from our trip down south so after Nevs hospital appt today in Glasgow we wil be able to relax and definitely nae mair travelling for a wee while, glad to be back in my own wee house biggrin.gif
Heather
I'm off to the UCM tonight and we are having a knees up to celebrate Burns. But no Haggis, well I don't think so as we are having a buffet.
joycewilson
I have had a lazy day today, went to the bank to pay some bills, did an ironing and have messed about all day on line.
Back to work tonight, I really should try and get a few hours sleep, but cant always drop off....grrrr
Elma
Was at the Bowling Alley this morning playing in our league. Bowled over my average in all three games, very unusual for me right now ohmy.gif Have spent the afternoon finishing my reports for our Annual Congregational Meeting at the Church, they're done, yipee laugh.gif Now I can relax and catch up on some reading tonight.
Anne1
Definitely a lazy day for us both want to catch up on a couple of programmes ive missed and Never trying to finish a book hes been reading for ages .. Case we had away is unpacked and sorted so easy does it today biggrin.gif
stratson
Just a usual day for me, lazing around,

Perhaps after funeral of my beloved niece tomorrow will regain some semblance of sanity.
Just cannot concentrate on anything right now.
angel

for me today ,it's just steady as she goes
nothing special, Ho ,Hum! and now I'll just
go and have my morning tea and marmalade on toast.
you take care Stratson, Morning Anne biggrin.gif

angel
today wed. I ended up having quite a productive day,after I got rid of my
lazy mood , got my laundry room cleaned and rid of a whole lot of junk I
no longer need, now I'm sure that all of the posters here will be delighted with this news. biggrin.gif
Anne1
Had a wee trip to Town Centre, didnt buy anything just had a window shop and went and paid money into Bank for a bill biggrin.gif
Anne1
Today Friday, of to another funeral in Falkirk what a time it has been for families waiting so long for closure to their loss. R.I.P. Margaret
joycewilson
Morning All, Another nightshift over for me, one more to go...got my electric blanket on and am looking forward to a nice long sleep.....
Anne1
Meeting friend for coffee then afternoon Bingo, so long since ive had a win, maybe today s the day[maybe not] then home and nice quiet night in biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.