Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Heather
Penny, I heard on the news that Ipswich was also bad with the floods, is that where Goodna is?? my relations live there.
Anne1
Cant seem to post in Gallery dont know what am doing wrong so posting here

My wee Snowman Fraser

Anne1
Och Dad its my Turn now
angel
nice photos Anne.
Heather
Good picture's Anne. Fraser is certainly coming on. smile.gif

Whit ye daen sitting in the snow daddy???

I had to look at that picture carefully as the guy looks so much like my son. I showed it to Maurice and he said the same. wub.gif
Anne1
Its definetely his Dad Daniel laugh.gif
Heather
Anne, when I showed it to Maurice I asked him who he thought it was, he said, " David ".
Anne1
They say everyone has a double laugh.gif
stratson
Crackin' photos Anne1, so cute! biggrin.gif
stratson
Trying to get some sleep. In and out of bed like a yo-yo.

Expecting some family later in the day. smile.gif
Melody
Are you not sleeping well Stratson? wub.gif
stratson
Am sleeping o.k. Melody, is medical problem that has me awake every twenty mins. rolleyes.gif

Melody
Aw Stratson that's rotten for you. sad.gif Nothing worse than having disturbed sleep. Hope you enjoyed your visitors though. What did you bake this afternoon? smile.gif
Anne1
Had another Zilch and Footer day but will have to shift ma carcass tomorrow and make up for laziness of past two day s laugh.gif laugh.gif
Heather
I was so bored yesterday I went out a walk.
The old bones were so stiff with being stuck in the house because of all the snow.

I noticed the grit bin round the corner from us was full so I took a pail round and filled it, just incase we get more snow. It took me all my time to carry it back home.

Next time I'll use the wee garden barrow to wheel it home. smile.gif
Anne1
Got to go back to Doctors today chest still sore dont think antibiotics did much for me biggrin.gif
penny dainty
QUOTE (Heather @ 13th Jan 2011, 03:48am) *
Penny, I heard on the news that Ipswich was also bad with the floods, is that where Goodna is?? my relations live there.

Yes Heather it is over in the Ipswich direction
Elma
Didn't do too much today, we had about 2 feet of snow overnight so the roads were bad. My son-in-law and g'son came over and cleared my drive and deck for me. He also brought back my wee snowblower that he had borrowed so it will be easier for me to get the snow cleared from now on.
witshisname
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 14th Jan 2011, 12:22am) *
Got to go back to Doctors today chest still sore dont think antibiotics did much for me biggrin.gif

Hope you feel better soon Anne xx
witshisname
Usual Friday for me,Grocery shopping and hanging out with ma pals..whit an exciting life I have..lol
Anne1
Well been to Doctors seems Ive got fluid in my lungs again not chest infection, having to up some of my medication am fair scunnered way aw this.
Today got word Nev has to go to Gartnavel on 26th Jan for pre medical before going in on 31st Jan. for investigative op..Now we know we can now go down south for our friends funeral on 24th, what a bliddy month eh wub.gif wub.gif

WHO SAID GETTING OLD WASNAE FUNNY
Heather
Aye Anne, it's not fun and games getting old when the body starts falling apart.

I hope you feel better soon.
Take care. smile.gif
Anne1
cheers doll biggrin.gif
angel
well, I spent my morning in the kitchen, made meat sauce for pasta and made pie pastry
for fruit pies and a batch of muffins also have got stock going to make soup, O' and made some delicious shortbread, Ao I'm fine if anyone turns up.
It's a beautiful day here although a bit chilly -7cel. but once again it's nasty weather for the weekend.
Anne, I do hope all goes well for you and you have a safe journey to your friends funeral
and as for growing old ,well I aint gonna do it again. biggrin.gif ,

Anne1
Me too Angel think I will second time a by biggrin.gif
penny dainty
Saw a snake today , or should i say I SAW A SNAKE TODAY yes thats better , oh mighty me i dont do snakes and there he was as bold as brass on top of a wall, just a little one i add but a SNAKE! nevertheless.Mr Dainty pointed it out and he said its a childs toy , all green and scaly looking yuk , i saw it move that was no flamin toy , I was OFFSKY!
Anne1
Me too Penny would have run a mile laugh.gif
Anne1
Meeting my firend for coffee at Lunch Time, then will have a wee trip to Bingo and try my luck, could do with some rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
angel

looks like the snow is letting up a bit ,so I will get out and start shovelling,
thats about it in my neck of the woods ,I'm not complaining, I'm just glad that it is'nt mud and my house is still standing. smile.gif
lindamac
Click to view attachment
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 15th Jan 2011, 06:17pm) *
Saw a snake today , or should i say I SAW A SNAKE TODAY yes thats better , oh mighty me i dont do snakes and there he was as bold as brass on top of a wall, just a little one i add but a SNAKE! nevertheless.Mr Dainty pointed it out and he said its a childs toy , all green and scaly looking yuk , i saw it move that was no flamin toy , I was OFFSKY!

Ye widdve hud me right at yer back annawe at least it was only wee spose lols ahve had a red Belly Black cross ma path as well as a carpet snake which is ok plus a deadly King Brown as well wen we lived by the railway lines at Algester they probably came off the trains EEKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anne1
Not done much today have been listening to Radio Gold wich plays all the music from the 60,s 70,s 80,s which makes for pleasant listening also been having a wee weep today cos it is my mums birthday she would have been 97 yrs of age cant believe shes been gone 6yrs .. I was very lucky to have her in my life till I was 66yrs old, but still miss her like mad smile.gif
angel
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 16th Jan 2011, 02:46pm) *
Not done much today have been listening to Radio Gold wich plays all the music from the 60,s 70,s 80,s which makes for pleasant listening also been having a wee weep today cos it is my mums birthday she would have been 97 yrs of age cant believe shes been gone 6yrs .. I was very lucky to have her in my life till I was 66yrs old, but still miss her like mad smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MUP9EUCE74

In my daughters eyes, hope you like this Anne smile.gif
Anne1
Aw Angel thank you so much now am havin another wee greet thanks again smile.gif
angel
unsure.gif oops Anne ,got your pms, I forgot to mention the thread.
angel
I have been out for a couple of hours and so glad to be back home
it is frigid outside, with the wind the temp. is around the -20s"cel and a bit , probably a bit more . well I guess it will be worse when we get into feb..
penny dainty
Work is beckoning sigh! ah well at least the sun is shining biggrin.gif cool.gif
Anne1
Going to start getting organised for going away Friday travelling down South away till Tuesday night,got to get car valeted its so dirty with all the bad weather, collect prescriptions got to get a couple of front door keys cut, son has lost his again says he left it here but thats his story and hes sticking to it. Been going to wash out fridge for last couple of days so thats top of my list today, och thats enough for now tired at the thought of it all laugh.gif
joycewilson
Morning Folks,
Well today I am going to meet my friend, we are going to the Cinema, prob have something to eat. looking forward to a wee cacth up...
Awwww Anne1 ( hugs) I still have my wee Mum shes 87, she is still with it and enjoying her life x x
Anne1
Thanks Joyce smile.gif
bilbo.s
Somebody has sent their Scotch mist and haar over to Andalucía. Please take it back as the temperature has dropped 5 degrees or so.
stratson
Aw the shame bilbo.s,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Am feeling better today so am going to clean my suite with leather wipes , generally run roonn the hoose wae a duster. Probably need to rest a while after. laugh.gif

Anne1, don't be doing too much, keep fit for journey south' a sad one.

Joyce, s'wonderful you have your lovely Mum, what a treasure. Enjoy your outing to cinema.

P,D, so glad you are able to go to work, was really bad in Brisbane, take care my friend. smile.gif
Anne1
Bilbo it wsinae me that sent the Haar honest laugh.gif
angel
It was probably t
bilbo.s
Click to view attachment

Never mind - this was yesterday. It is almond blossom time again - makes you think it is spring.
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 18th Jan 2011, 12:58pm) *
It was probably t

probably that wee Davy who sent over the Haar,poor wee tree. biggrin.gif
bilbo.s
QUOTE (angel @ 18th Jan 2011, 04:01pm) *
probably that wee Davy who sent over the Haar,poor wee tree. biggrin.gif

Aye, he´s ay bummin aboot his connections in high places. sad.gif
angel
once again the boards have been very slow here for the past couple of days, it's very frustating, unsure.gif
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 18th Jan 2011, 01:25pm) *
once again the boards have been very slow here for the past couple of days, it's very frustating, unsure.gif

looks like we're back to normal here, I hope!.
witshisname
well with this cold snap we're having I'm staying in ma Igloo again,but will probably head out in afternoon for a wee walk & get some soup at the shops.
stratson
Well, that's me aw done, suite as clean as a whistle, also gave furniture a wee treat,,,,"Mr Sheen" laugh.gif Bathroom, Hall kitchen floors., counter tops gleaming..

Has been so long since have been well enough to strike a blow. Am aw pleased wae masel. laugh.gif

Nae walkies, will do that tomorrow going to Surgery.

Angel, am wondering who your server is, perhaps responsibility lies there, no t G.G.

Have not had any experience of that except if Martin is updating the boards, he usually lets you know in advance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.