Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Elma
Great to have you with us again Linda. wub.gif Take it easy now and don't try to do too much too soon, I know Neil will look after you but knowing you, you'll want to be up and looking after that wee grand-daughter of yours! Bless you.
lindamac
QUOTE (Elma @ 3rd Nov 2010, 03:59pm) *
Great to have you with us again Linda. wub.gif Take it easy now and don't try to do too much too soon, I know Neil will look after you but knowing you, you'll want to be up and looking after that wee grand-daughter of yours! Bless you.

Aye oor Elma darls Iam absoloutly smitten wi ma wee Grandaughter and by Goodness has her pesence in this world helped me tae fight for my rights to be here with her I adore her she is amazing! I just couldn't stand not cuddling Mikayla one day so grabbed for her because well I just needed a wee hugg from my grandbabygirl which did the trick as faurs I was concernt mind ye the Dr was non too pleased at the fact that in doing so the wee yin tugged out my canula lols ocht who cares ah let thum gie me anither yin it was awe worth it furra wee huggle with my babygirlie lols.Yer dead right aboot me doting oan my wee Mikayla Elma love her tae bits & of course my GG freends tae Elma thanks for yer kind words friend.xxxluv Linda xxx.
Anne1
Loely to see you back safe and sound Linda,mind and rest and take it easy lassie biggrin.gif
ashfield
Smashin' news Lindamac, great to hear you're on the mend. Take care.
Heather
Linda, it's good to see you back from what was a terrible experience.

I hope you gave your son a great big hug. Seeing you collapse must have awful for him, but he had the calm presence of mind to do what was necessary and get you to the Hospital thereby saving your life. A son to be proud of.

Take care and don't overdo things. smile.gif
RonD
Arra best there, Linda. No need to tell you to make the best of a second chance, that baby girl wants you around for a while yet. Kudos to your son.
stratson
Best post I have ever read on G.G., seeing you posting again. Linda.

Thankful you are back home among your own family. Continuing with your recovery. Hugs xx

annie laurie
Hello Linda

Just read your Post,

Just you take it a day at a time there Girl, O>K>
You are here for a reason, so take care of yourself first,

Love You
OXOXOXOX
angel
I had a good day today Learned a few things , thanks to Anne1

she is really quite clever for her height, biggrin.gif
Anne1
Cheeky girl Angel biggrin.gif ma mammy says a was the height of cheek biggrin.gif
Anne1
Having a wee jaunt thru to the Forge Market then to Celtic Park Shop to buy latest Home Shirt for Sons xmas present, then health centre in afternoon what an excitig wee day for me biggrin.gif
witshisname
Freezing ma Bahookie Aff...lol.Have a great day shopping Anne smile.gif
lindamac
QUOTE (witshisname @ 5th Nov 2010, 04:51am) *
Freezing ma Bahookie Aff...lol.Have a great day shopping Anne smile.gif

Witt yer needing is tae chinge yer name frae Witsees tae Penguin or Snawman pal lols laugh.gif Click to view attachment
angel
a mundane sort of day for me sad.gif
angel
today I met with some friends and got some shopping done and then lunch
a very pleasant time. smile.gif
auchenshuggle
having a rerr day cleaning up after the washing machine had a wee aw over the kitchen floor last night. turns oot it was the filter, i cleaned it but never put it back right, so when the wife done a wash it jist came right back oot again, it`s awright noo, jiost got twice as much ti wash noo wi using everything ti soak it up, then went to tescos, came back and put the dinner on noo am on the boards trying ti cheer maself up. rolleyes.gif
lindamac
QUOTE (angel @ 7th Nov 2010, 05:09am) *
today I met with some friends and got some shopping done and then lunch
a very pleasant time. smile.gif

Angel it is the elixir of life to enjoy lovely times with friends over some food and chatter glad you enjoyed your day luv Linda xxx
lindamac
QUOTE (auchenshuggle @ 7th Nov 2010, 06:00am) *
having a rerr day cleaning up after the washing machine had a wee aw over the kitchen floor last night. turns oot it was the filter, i cleaned it but never put it back right, so when the wife done a wash it jist came right back oot again, it`s awright noo, jiost got twice as much ti wash noo wi using everything ti soak it up, then went to tescos, came back and put the dinner on noo am on the boards trying ti cheer maself up. rolleyes.gif

I know that feeling had the self same thing happen aboot 6wks ago and ah was thaT NO WELL TAE COULDVE SEEN IT AWE FAUR ENUFF BUT ALAS HAD TAE DAE THE CLEAN UP ANYHOO LOLS MURDER POLIS INT IT aUCHENSHUGGLE MATE[sorry accidently tapped cap keys there]Hope yer weekend was a goodyin despite that wee accident pal regards Lindamac.x biggrin.gif
Elma
Had a great day today, left about 9:30 a.m. to go to a Country Fair in a wee place an hour away, bought some jam, a Christmas pud and backed goods and browsed the other tables but didn't buy. Went back to big town nearest us for lunch and did some more shopping. Printed a bunch of photos from my camera and then returned home about 7:30 p.m. tired but happy. tongue.gif
ashfield
QUOTE (auchenshuggle @ 6th Nov 2010, 09:00pm) *
having a rerr day cleaning up after the washing machine had a wee aw over the kitchen floor last night. turns oot it was the filter, i cleaned it but never put it back right, so when the wife done a wash it jist came right back oot again, it`s awright noo, jiost got twice as much ti wash noo wi using everything ti soak it up, then went to tescos, came back and put the dinner on noo am on the boards trying ti cheer maself up.

That's the kinda surprise yi' don't need huh.gif How was yir trip up ere tae the land o' the (nearly) free unsure.gif
Anne1
I have been having a quiet relaxing day doing zilch really, Nev made the dinner , I visited with ma wee neighbour for 30mins or so, messed about with ipod and computer in all a me me me day a luv it biggrin.gif
angel
I have lots to stuff to deal with today and as the weather is lovely , I should get a move on, cheers smile.gif
angel
I ended up having a little problem with the car this morning !would'nt start !!
I called the CAA and everything is now just fine,, t'was the battery,
thank goodness for that , just a little inconvenience . smile.gif
Heather
I spent the day doing some knitting.
I'm knitting a wee topsy - turvy doll, but at this stage I'm not sure how it will turn out as I've never knitted one before. rolleyes.gif
stratson
Similar day to you Anne1, zilch, watched daytime T.V., made the evening meal, easy one,

footered aboot,,,"As you do",,,,,,and now, so to bed to guess what? Watch "The Little House" on itv1, laugh.gif
Melody
Oh Francesca Annis was scary in 'The Little House' Stratson. I like her I think she's a great actress that was some scary peformance. The ending I thought made the daughter in law a bit crazy as well though. mellow.gif
Heather
It's a wild cold windy wet day here in Glasgow.

I took our other Laptop to be repaired as it crashed last week. Then I went to Parkhead Forge for a wander round. It's a long time since I've been there as I'm more likely to go into town.

I bought Susan Boyle' book, 'The Woman I was Born to Be' and her CD' The Gift' and I am listening to it right now.

I didn't like the ending of ' The Little House'.

It left me wondering if the daughter-in-law was as mad as the mother-in-law, or was she just glad the old witch was dead. rolleyes.gif
angel
Not much for me today , but I will take a walk up to the store later today for a few odds n ends, the hardware store in particular smile.gif
witshisname
Good morning everyone,I'll be heading out shortly as my Concierge finally got around to fixing the crack ootside ma patio doors( there was a leak in my Apt) so whatever Caulking he used to seal up the crack,is stinking oot my Aptartment.
So i'll freeze maself ootside fer a wee while & hope the smell dissipates smile.gif sad.gif
Heather
I cannot believe it. wub.gif

Over a week ago I lost my Claddagh ring that my husband bought me in Galway 1984. As I have hardly been out the house in six weeks because of a chest infection I can't get rid of, I had a feeling I may have lost it in the house, but we searched everywhere even in the washing machine and never found it.
As the only place I had been a week past Sunday was Chapel and into the garage for the Sunday papers, I asked in both places but no ring was handed in.

Today I did a washing and when taken it out I always swing the drum round incase anything is left behind and I heard something rattling, it was my ring!!!!
I am so pleased to have found it and can't figure out what it was stuck onto for the past week as I have done other washes and never heard anything rattling.

Thank you St. Anthony. smile.gif
witshisname
QUOTE (lindamac @ 5th Nov 2010, 01:22am) *
Witt yer needing is tae chinge yer name frae Witsees tae Penguin or Snawman pal lols laugh.gif Click to view attachment

Linda I was actually thinkin aboot callin maself ''Bobcicle''....lol
angel
QUOTE (witshisname @ 9th Nov 2010, 03:44pm) *
Linda I was actually thinkin aboot callin maself ''Bobcicle''....lol

well Wits, you can't Pop------sicle -that,.... ha ha
stratson
QUOTE (Melody @ 9th Nov 2010, 09:37am) *
Oh Francesca Annis was scary in 'The Little House' Stratson. I like her I think she's a great actress that was some scary peformance. The ending I thought made the daughter in law a bit crazy as well though. mellow.gif

The ending left me wondering too!

Do you think perhaps they have left us wondering for a reason Melody?

It really spoiled it for me.! huh.gif
Heather
Me tae Stratson. rolleyes.gif
Melody
Me too girls it was a peculiar ending. Especially at the end when she was seemingly so content at taking over that household where she had been so unhappy. A really strange ending.
glasgow lass
Heather thats really great news, about the ring. Ive lost something too. My g/gmother gave me her own very old rosary beads that Ive carried with me all of my life, never left the house without them not once. About two/three months ago I changed my bag as a do from time to time and a remember having the beads in my hand but jumping into the car I put them in my lap thinking I'll get them safely away when a stop. I forgot they were in my lap and I got out of the car, they must have fell onto some sidwalk in the city even tho Ive gone back and walked up and down the same sidwalks, they've not to be found, I pulled the car apart, and the same,,,nothing! Im really heartbroken at this loss. I went into a particular building that I was in that day to ask if anyone had found handed them in , the concierge said oh yes I have them right in the drawer here, I saw them from a distance, same color and all, but when he handed them to me they were not mine. Im praying that Ill find them Heather.
Heather
Awe Lass, that's really sad especially when they were so special to you and from your gran whom they once belonged to.

Sure there are times we could kick ourselves for being so careless.

Did you try the Police Station ??? It's surprising the things that get handed in.

I'll light a candle to St. Anthony for you.

When I sent my sister an email telling her I lost my Claddagh ring I got one back in big black letters saying:

Dear St. Anthony look around, something's lost and can't be found.
proudmaryhiller
Aw Lass that's just awful I hope you find them, you don't think maybe a street cleaner may have picked them up, that's maybe something to think about.

My dad's sister many years ago wen't into a phone box and put her purse down, unfortunately she forgot to pick it back up when she left and the only picture she had of her mother (my grandmother) was in her purse, she was absolutely heartbroken and never got her purse back, I hope the thiefs who took it were proud of themselves. sad.gif
glasgow lass
smile.gif Thanks girls, our streets are a bit different with thousands of people using the same parking place on any given day, they may have been crushed, and I seriously doubt that they would get handed in if they had been found in the vast busy city, the only chance was outside the building. I check every once- in - a while, so yi never know! One day they might just be there.Thanks again.
Heather
Aye well you never know Lass, look how I found my ring and it will always be a mystery as to how it came to be in the washing machine when that was already checked.

All I can think of was that it got caught on a towel when I was putting some of them away but how come when using the towel we never noticed it. As I said a mystery with a happy ending. rolleyes.gif

Mary, some people will keep anything and not give a thought to what the item means to the person who loses it.
stuarty
im pleased you found your ring as it was annoying you heather,,,,,,,,,, when a used to drink a was always loosing 1 false tooth and every six weeks or so a would drop it and stand on it or hughie it doon the loo thank god they days are over ha ha
Anne1
Was supposed to be taking my wee neighbour xmas shopping today but shes not feeling so hot, so now I will do one of the dreaded jobs associated with xmas ,wrapping some parcels up, love picking and buying pressies but hate wrapping as ive no patience whatsovev wae fiddly sellotape and tags, once I get started I will be fine just getting started is the thing biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Heather
Jings Anne, your wrapping Christmas presents and I have not given Christmas a thought never mind buy presents. rolleyes.gif

I always get a list from my son as to what the g'children want so there are no disappointments. I haven't asked for it yet, so I better get my skate's on. wub.gif
angel
Four of my grandchildren only want money,so thats what they get,and the other two are always very pleased with their gifts plus a few dollars for good measure. However it is really nice to give gifts, it then is a pleasure for all concerned. smile.gif
Anne1
So much for wrapping pressies yesterday never got done and today all ive done is footer around doing zilch, except went in and sat with my wee neighbour who isnt feeling so good she loves a good natter so that passed some for her shes such a lovely wee soul biggrin.gif
angel
I,m doing much the same as yourself Anne, and it's thoughtful of you to
go sit with your neighbour. I did get a little bit of painting done this morning in the downstairs bathroom so I did do something useful. ! I guess !.
Anne1
Back to Friday already where has the week gone to.
Today must get my act together cos tomorrow Wee Frazer ,His Mum, & Granny arrive from Ullapool staying till Monday then they are away to Eldest sons house in Hexam for 7/10days.,definetly need to do pressies today before Daughter arrives or she will be doing her nosey in cupboards and finding what she shouldnt/
Will go for Coffee in complex this afternoon and round it of wae Bingo tonight, am shattered already wae just thinking laugh.gif
stratson
Am sitting exhausted efter readin' aw the stuff Annwan is daein; the day! laugh.gif
Anne1
biggrin.gif laugh.gif
wee davy
annwan's day yesterday!

and today all ive done is footer around doing zilch

where on gods earth diz that saying originate frae? ah know av used it masel - but it must have some basis of fact.

anybody know?

(haven't heard it in years btw) smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.