Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Heather
Penny how is Linda getting on??

Give her my regards and tell her to get well soon.
Anne1
Thanks for update Penny give our love to her and Neil biggrin.gif

Today its the usual routine meet friend for coffee then of to Bingo a need a win biggrin.gif
stratson
Just doing my usual, very little. rolleyes.gif
stuarty
snap stratson laugh.gif
Heather
Snap, Stratson & Stuarty.

Oh wait a wee minit, I just took a washing down off the pulley and put it away. It was all so strenuous it used up all my energy which I don't have much of these days. sad.gif
angel
I going to get my ironing done today, it seems a lot more than usual,
Heather have you dumped some of your washing in with my ironing
well I had better go again ,my phone has been quite busy this morning. biggrin.gif
angel
well it's lunch time here so I'll away and get on with the rest of my day,
now that should be exciting. smile.gif
auchenshuggle
well today i am doing, not very much. the rain says it`s staying put, so i canny even get ma dug oot ti the park, jist making sure ma case is packed for thursday, at least the flight should be interesting wi this weather. rolleyes.gif
ashfield
Hope you enjoy your weekend up here Shuggle, the weather is gonny be great (aw naw, there goes ma nose again laugh.gif )
auchenshuggle
thanks ash, i`m sure i will enjoy it, hail,rain wind or p*%h. laugh.gif
Anne1
Just spent the morning at the Forge Shopping Centre with my daughter and am absolutely shattered she was buying so I was very good and didnt spend any money honest biggrin.gif
stratson
After I get through with all my bathing parapharnelia(can take 2 hours)will relax with a coffee, will then prepare dinner for son and I.

That,s my day, Am either slow or time does fly. laugh.gif
Heather
Jings Annewan, you could have popped in for a cup of tea/coffee and a comfortable seat as you would practically pass our house on the way to the Forge.

I could have poured the Holy water over you to revive you.
Bless you my child. laugh.gif
angel
I'm shampooing my living room couch today. " O' the joy of it all" sad.gif
Anne1
Heather I have enough problems finding your house with the Sat Nav on and thanks for the blessing
Hi Angel come on over and shampoo my furniture a dont mind one wee bit,Stratson just take your day as it comes doll biggrin.gif
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 27th Oct 2010, 01:06pm) *
I'm shampooing my living room couch today. " O' the joy of it all" sad.gif

I got the couch and the armchair done and tomorrow I will shampoo the
love seat, I also put up my winter drapes and moved some furniture around
so it was a pretty good day today. I will come around next week Anne and do yours. laugh.gif
Anne1
Cheers Angel biggrin.gif
witshisname
Well i'm up early as the concierge of ma building told me yesterday,that the Fire Department is stopping by tae Upgrade the detectors in all the apartments.And Naturally he couldnae give me a specific time of when they'll show up,so i've had aboot 2hrs sleep.
Anne1
Quiet day today just made a big pot of Broccoli & Cauliflower Soup, going for coffee in complex with ma wee neighbour this afternoon ,then biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Bingo Bingo tonight yippee
stratson
Hope your lucky at your Bingo Anne1.

Generally tidying up and dusting for me today. biggrin.gif
Anne1
Bingo Bingo, just found out my Daughter Maria has just won today 10,000 on Post code lottery, fan dabi dozi for them biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Lennox
Brilliant news Anne, what is a postcode lottery ? Is that the daughter who lives in Ullipool ?
Anne1
No its the one who lives in Falkirk [Maria] you pay a couple of s a month and your post code goes into draw, so several people in her street won as well
Lennox
Nice for them eh just in time for Christmas anaw biggrin.gif
Anne1
yes they are on a high
Heather
Wow Annewan, that is some win your daughter had. ohmy.gif
Good luck to her.

Is that her share or is it to be shared among a team of them??
stratson
I believe the total is shared with all who share the postcode,,,ie. Eight neighbours up a close share.

Hoping the 10,000 is Maria.s share. biggrin.gif
Anne1
Yes three people won including the her all got 10,000, each, get their cheque 28days so happy for her biggrin.gif it works out by how many tickets you play she plays one and other two neighbours also only played on e ticket, bet rest of neighbours wished they played its only a small estate where she stays
Heather
It's a good time of year to win that kind of money. smile.gif

She will have a ball planning how to spend it and if she has children they will have it spent already with all their orders. laugh.gif
27stowst
Click to view attachment
That's great Anne1! It's nice tae know someone who actually know someone who has won a decent amount (If ye know whit ah mean! tongue.gif )

Click to view attachment
Anne1
Sure does Stowie, biggrin.gif
Well a wee bit different day for me G/daughter & Boyfriend from Ullapool coming this morning they are staying with my eldest g/daughter Louise who is having a massive Halloween Party tonight thankfully her next door neighbours both sides are young so they are also partying with her.
This afternoon am of to ma favourite bingo with friend biggrin.gif
Heather
Hey Annewan, what's your daughter's address so we can all go to the Halloween party??
Then it will be really massive. ohmy.gif

I'll away and look out my Super Woman outfit. laugh.gif
Melody
Congratulations to your daughter Anne, that is brilliant news. smile.gif
Anne1
Melody dont think shes surfaced today yet probably still on a massive high from win
Anne1
Click to view attachment

Heres the Cheque folks
Paulines47
That's sooooo cool Anne. I've never heard of a postcode lottery before.

Bet their kiddies have already 'earmarked' their Xmas pressies? laugh.gif
angel
Congrats. to your daughter Anne ,a nice little windfall. biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
great big win ,, CONGRATULATIONS!. laugh.gif laugh.gif
angel
halloween is always a busy evening for me ,around 5.30pm the little monsters start comming to the door and this is usually pretty steady until around 7.30 or so., I,m glad when it is all over wub.gif
Anne1
Had a very quiet peaceful day today, dont get any kids guising down this end , think its because we are in sheltered housing complex cant say I miss it, had plenty when all my kids were young biggrin.gif
stuarty
HI Anne1 a joined it last year but a dont think many really south of the borders win a know northern Englad win a lot and a canclled mine before a came back up hame as 8 pound a month could go to the pdsa or cancer people so good luck Anne a hope she has a big spend up and all her neighbours wub.gif

sorry got off topic a went to burrell collection and slapped the thinker on his derie aire but a dont know how to upload my pics from phone to internet as i have a good few pics to show
irrie
Mornin everybody.Ahm no daen much masel but the better hauf Marlyn is daen jury service.Ah jist hope shes no involved wi anything that means shel get shown a foti wi blood oan it cos she will jist faint an im no kiddin
angel
It was a very quiet halloween on our street last night, not many children out and about, I was quite suprised, now I'm left with a load of candies sad.gif anybody want some?.

Where Have Aw The Weans Gone smile.gif
Elma
House parties or the Mall, Angel. I didn't have anyone come to the door either, but I had eaten about half of the candy during the week anyway, so it should be all gone this week laugh.gif
It has become more of an adult celebration here with bars having costume competition etc.
angel
thats my problem Elma ,, I'll eat them myself. biggrin.gif sad.gif
Anne1
Going to a wee musical night in our Complex, Closeshave Barbershop Chorus ,theres about 12/13 guys in this it was excellent last year, nice to go out and not far to travel home at night a light supper and Raffle biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Anne1
Lovely wee night was had by all and to make it even better I won 2 raffle prizes, supper made for us so who can ask for more biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
went shopping at lunch time wae ma pal then back tae wurk,,,noo gone tae watch coronation st biggrin.gif
angel
I was out this evening "Tues" and on my way home went into the super- market for groceries, saves me in the morning and thats all folks. sad.gif
lindamac
biggrin.gif Hello there to all my adorable and lovely GG freends,Java,Stratson ,Lennox,Annewann,Heather,Elma,JimmyD,RonD,Stuarty and all you others you know whom you are THANKYOU EVERYONE for your Loving prayer and thoughts for me!!!!
I just popped in tae let yees awe know ahm hame frae the Hospital and Iam slowly heading towards getting as better as I can get apparently the Bloodclots in my lungs will take up to a year to disperse with the help of blood thinner WARFARIN. I just cannot find the prayer topic to pop into it & thank all you beuteful GG pals for helping me spiritualy on through what turned out to be a very near death experience that was to thereafter become a wake up call of a lifetime, My son through the grace of God unusualy had a day off work and was able to save his wee mammys life apparently I collapsed & lost breath for 5 seconds and then again wilst he was driving me to hospital which wasa few mins up the rd from where we live. Turns out I lost breath wilst on the journey and my son punched my chest [which was all he could do as he was driving] Turns out he diverted a clot that was headed for my heart which split and ended up in the left lung instead so the reality of that was my son saved my life and got me to hospital on time for the Drs there to carry out the good work they did to get me where Iam today in recovery from several Blood clots in my 2 lungs which initialy was misdiagnosed as a chest wall infection by the GP at the time as well as 6 wks prior,somehow the lungs kept hurting and weren't getting better at all,according to Profesor Walker I had been building up blood clots in both lungs over that entire period and there was never any infection at all on hindsight he was able to come to that realisation funny how hindsight always has its own story to tell eh freends.

My Professor Walker told me he usualy fills in Death certificates with the words Pulmonary Embolisms however it gave him great pleasure to be writing those words down on my release form to be let out of hospital so after 11 days of expert and wonderful care both physicaly as well as spiritualy Iam on a slow mend with a new promise to live every day as it comes and grab hold of all that Iam and LIVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those of you members that have been around a long time know me well and have met me Ive not had the best health for a young 47yr old however now I look at whatever the heck it is & will fight the good fight of longterm illness, I will get on regardless ad despite any of it and shall enjoy my daily life with much more appreciation and joy,I adore my family and my 9mth old Grandbaby Girl Mikayla and the very fact that there are freends like all of your good selves sarrounding me I can only have reason to get better n better and hopefully smaller and smaller too lol[thats just a wee wish fer massell there ] Thanks to all whom have prayed or had a special thought for me in recent weeks GGers I love you all and the dedictions of the dear Glesga folks frae hame many many Thanks to every one of you sure it is great to breathe life each new day and see what the world chucks at us to make us survive eh sure it is?

Take care everyone of you and may your daily lives be touched in a way that makes you feel as Happy as I do right now albeit ye perhaps not touched in the negative way I was of course thats from my heart to your own ,may you all find a new joy and reason to be glad you're alive today thats what I want you all to have for your good selves ,Love to all of you dear GG freends Iam grateful for you all in my life & now Iam hame I shall indeed try to pop into chat to you all as often as I can be good and be careful out there freends Love Always Lindamac xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:wub:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.