Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Anne1
Click to view attachment
Anne1
Click to view attachment

when we left the Wheel we went for a lovely pub lunch excellent folks
Heather
Good picture's Annewan.

You and Neville are looking great. smile.gif
stratson
(Last time I saw you guys, neither used walking canes. I have joined the club. biggrin.gif )

Looks a very interesting day out. Your both looking good. smile.gif
angel
nice photos Anne, smile.gif
Anne1
Thanks folks, Stratson Nev was just holding my walking stick till I took photos laugh.gif
Anne1
Well its an early start for us today , we are of to Perth for Presentation and afterwards on to Ullapool till Sunday afternoon, looking forward to the wee break and seeing our wee Fraser[who I hear is a right handfull] laugh.gif laugh.gif
angel
hope you have a nice time Anne , as for myself I am feeling a bit lazy today so I had better get moving and get on with my day. smile.gif
Heather
Have a great day Anne and give Neville congratulations from all of us. smile.gif

All the nice girls love a sailor. laugh.gif
Paulines47
Can't wait for Anne1 to get to a computer & show us Nev's presentation pics. smile.gif

Today, I seem to have done nothing!! Partly cos' I didn't get up till 11.45am!! Naughty!

I did manage to pop a CV into a shop in the village & go to the bottle bank but that's nearly it. Must try harder tomorrow.
auchenshuggle
today i took the dog over the park for must have been about 3hours or so. we met up with one of the dog walkers who frequent the park, so, my dog had a good old runabout, it`s good to see 15 dogs all getting on together, normally when the two walkers are out at the same time they have about 30+ dogs on the go, and everyone does what it is told, it is quite a sight to see. after that i came home, cooked the dinner, washed and dried, then put the dishes away, had a cup of tea and came upstairs to go on the computer to catch up on the boards. and they all lived happy ever after.

THE END. tongue.gif
Anne1
Click to view attachment

We were not allowed to take pictures during presentation so this was taken afterwards Nevs official photo will be thru next week and I will post it then There were Approx 150 medals presented this morning and again 150 this afternoon, again the same tomorrowClick to view attachment.
THE PINGAT JASA MALAYSIA MEDAL
Heather
Terrific picture's Anne. You look so elegant in that lovely outfit you are wearing. smile.gif

Of course Neville looks handsome too and the Medals are very impressive. smile.gif

stratson
Congratulations Neville on your Malaysian Medals.

Looking grand the two of you biggrin.gif .

auchenshuggle
congratulations on your medals neville, i bet yer as pleased as a dug wi two tails. looking very elegant the two of you. happy.gif
Anne1
thanks for nice comments having great difficulty posting as no fixed signal near here.
For my vanity yesterday in wearing small 2"in heel am in agony my foot & ankle all swollen och well they pride comes before a fall laugh.gif
stratson
Such a shame Anne1, elevate your foot,,,,,,,rest!

A s a woman you don't feel dressed without a heel, I wore heels all my life, could not have walked properly in flats.

No longer have an option.

Lucky now to even walk in flat shoes,,,,, rolleyes.gif
Heather
Oh dear Anne, the things us women suffer for our vanity, but still it was worth it as the occasion called for the best foot forward. laugh.gif

Bathe the foot in warm water, then put a tubiegrip on the sore ankle it will help the swelling but remember to take it off at night.
RonD
Not sure what to do today but its off to a bad start when it was dark when I woke up at 7 a.m.
Paulines47
Congratulations Neville wub.gif

Very impressive medals....did you know there were gonna be two? I thought it was one.

Didya 'av a tear in yer eye Anne? (I did.)

Really pleased for you both. xx
Anne1
Large Medal also got Bar, small medal for Dress wear[same medal
] yes Pauline a wee tear
TeeHeeHee
Congratulations Nev. You looked great. Great picture.
Thanks too, Anne for the wheel pictures. Touched those wonderful horses last year with big Kriss biggrin.gif
angel
glad all went well at the presentation Anne and you looked very nice so did Neville,ha ha
hope you now have a lovely weekend with your family biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
A see'yis have matchin walkin sticks yoo two, and ahve told'yi aboot wearing they stillettos rolleyes.gif ,,,, Anne big congrats to Nev well done, and you look so pretty in pink wub.gif
witshisname
Congratulations Neville on receiving your Malaysian Medals,you both look terrific in the pics smile.gif Hope the rest of yer wee holiday is full of fun(chasing wee Fraser aboot)...lol
witshisname
Well I got the weekly grocery flyers in today,so I bolted doon to ma local grocery store as they Had chicken wings on special...so I bought 6 Boxes..lol.Normal price per box $11,on sale this week 2 boxes for $10..a real good deal smile.gif
ashfield
QUOTE (witshisname @ 14th Oct 2010, 07:46pm) *
Well I got the weekly grocery flyers in today,so I bolted doon to ma local grocery store as they Had chicken wings on special...so I bought 6 Boxes..lol.Normal price per box $11,on sale this week 2 boxes for $10..a real good deal smile.gif

Jings, they'll be flyin' out the store at that price, well they would if they wurn'y deid laugh.gif
Heather
Oh Ashfield. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Paulines47
Got up bright 'n' early today, had a bacon sarnie, drove off to Chittern in Wiltshire, sat in a pen with some gorgeous 'wee' Kune Kune piglets, photographed them, scratched their tummy's, said 'bye cute piggies', went to Porchester to collect some round fenders for one of the boats, came home........& collapsed.........from exhaustion! biggrin.gif

Well, that was three quarters of the day anyway.

auchenshuggle
was that 3/4s of the day ye were collapsed wi exhaustion, ye must have been flying roon everywhere then, nae wonder ye needed a wee lie doon. tongue.gif
Elma
We were driving home from lunch yesterday when we saw a bear at the side of the road, not an unusual sight here just now. However she seemed to be looking at us rather directly and then her two cubs suddenly appeared right in front of the car and proceeeded to cross the road to her. When they arrived they made their way up the hill, the wee ones, well not that wee, followed her a bit more slowly than she, we watched till they disappeared into the trees.

We have lots of wildlife here, a mother doe and her two fawns took up residence under my deck for the summer. I first saw them on the day they were born, all shaky legs and big eyes. All the deer are a problem in our town eating everything in the gardens. A Council committee has just been formed to decide what can be done with them as they are becoming a menace, only the tourists like them dry.gif (sorry, off topic!!)
Anne1
Just got back from very relaxing Weekend and brought a sore throat and cold back with me doctoring myself up with Lem Sips hope they work quickly[had flu jab last week as well] will catch up with laundry and have a nice time catching up on my recorded programmes, and reading thru the posts on GG
stratson
Like most days now, am doing very little nor do I have any desire, this is a new way of living for me.

There was a time when I couldn't sit down, always had to be busy.

Must be an age thing.
Anne1
Snap Stratson Snap biggrin.gif although sometimes on the go am quite content to sit and do nowt
angel
well I have done nowt all weekend and now have a guilty conscience,
I think that I was born with one so I should get a move on ! I guess smile.gif
Heather
It would seem we are all getting a bit too lazy in our old age.

I was just thinking this morning that the older I get the more I understand my mother. But mum was still out and about everyday when she was 90 yrs old.

Mum woud call a taxi and go to the Shopping Centre, do her shopping then go into the cafe to meet up with a few of her friends and have a cup of coffee a slice of toast & butter and a chat. In time only mum was left of that group. sad.gif
angel
weatherwise it has been a beautiful morning here, glorious sunshine , mild breeze and just a bit of a bite in the air, an ideal autumn day.
I took my car in for it's safety check/cleanair" and everything was fine so that's that for another two years got a few groceries, came back home and put away the patio furniture for the winter and also cleared away more dead leaves which will probably continue until April or May
and now I am just having a cup of tea, then I will go back out in the yard after lunch. cool.gif
Anne1
What a busy wee B youve been today Angel biggrin.gif
angel
there is a dead squirrel on my drivway sad.gif , and I have been thinking about moving it for the last
two hours , no more thinking for me, just go do it. O' dear ! sad.gif
stratson
Spent today at home, Stuarty visited with me, it was great to see her,didn't seem like a year since we last met, time goes by so quickly,,,,,,,and we are both here. We had a good old-fashioned blether. Linda just feels like part of the family,,,,,,,what a fighter she is. A trooper.

Hope the weather improves for the rest of her stay, hopefully will see you again on this visit.x biggrin.gif

Anne1
Glad you had a nice visit with Stuarty today Stratson biggrin.gif
angel
I've had a very good morning ,got a lot of baking done and a bit of a tidy up around the place, biggrin.gif
so now I might get a chance to read my book, it's called the "Angel's Game" biggrin.gif I'm really enjoying it.
Anne1
Just had a nice wee half hour chat wae our own wee stuarty so nice to catch up eh rolleyes.gif not done much else today other than catch up with emails phone calls a nice wee lazy day, then tonight am ready for the Jingo Jingo hope a win
angel
looks like another nice day here , I think I'll just hop in the car and
go for a nice drive, have lunch and just sally along , wherever! smile.gif
Anne1
have a nice wee sally along angel rolleyes.gif
glasgow lass
Silly,,,,,, laugh.gif Sally ph34r.gif
stuarty
im having a day in bed and catch up online as my pooter was not working it kept saying cant find connection so a persevered and yes am here laugh.gif
in my bed
zzzzzzzzzzz and experimenting with buttons on gg a have never used before
angel
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 22nd Oct 2010, 02:17pm) *
Silly,,,,,, laugh.gif Sally ph34r.gif

I know Lass but I just love it lol

it's fun being silly... lol
Elma
Yesterday I was at a meeting in the morning, on to the Church to move tables around for the Harvest Tea we are having on Saturday. In the evening was at our Camera Club Show which was terrific. Today was back to Church to set the tables with the cups, etc. then went for lunch with a couple of friends then into our store to prepare the cases for the DVDs for distribution next Tuesday. Home now relaxing and I'll stay in this evening tongue.gif
penny dainty
Went to see wee Linda in the hospital smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.