Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
RonD
We went to the local Fall Fair, its always fun looking at all the exhibits. Mrs. RonD entered a stuffed doll and received a second prize.
Melody
Brilliant Ron, tell her well done. smile.gif
big tommy
Dear Anne
Missed you as well .I wear a blue /grey jacket (mostly ) with a white wee badge saying H.M. Armed Forces
and the word 'VETERAN'
See you
Tommy
stuarty
this is my badge im wearing until november
big tommy
Dear Stuarty
Thank you for responding .The badge is exactly the same as mine.

But, tell me stuarty. How do you upload and post these images ?
Tommy
Anne1
Hi Stuarty Nev wears his badge all the time biggrin.gif
big tommy
Dear Anne
So do i .]with a bit of pride.the War pensions people encourage us to wear the badge .
if only everyone who served in the Armed forces applied for their badge itwould make a tremendous difference.
The address to applyt to is
Veterans Agency
Blackpool .
Simply add your service number and regiment YOU ARE ENTITLE3D TO IT
EVEN POSTHUMATELY
Tommy
Tommy Kennedy
QUOTE (big tommy @ 13th Sep 2010, 04:45pm) *
Dear Stuarty
Thank you for responding .The badge is exactly the same as mine.

But, tell me stuarty. How do you upload and post these images ?Tommy

Have you no wee 10 year old G/kis that can show you how,Tommy - or your neighbors kids rolleyes.gif

First 'Save' images to 'pictures' (give your image a 'Title', like 'Badge'
Then at bottom of ' Images thread' you'll see 'Attachments- below it 'Select a file' - accross from that you'll see 'browse'. Click on it to bring up Pictures - choose the pic/image you want by 'clicking it.
THen, click Manage current attchements.
When you add it to 'Reply'..post it your pic/image comes up.

Any problems, Tommy, you can email me anything you want posted and I'll post for you. Being much younger than you, my brain power has evaporated as much yours has tongue.gif
Anne1
wub.gif wub.gif
stratson
Am fair chuft, ma new TV is sitting Pride of Place in my sitting room. Picture is fantastic.!

It was murder since ma Tosh. went askew.

So today whilst I post this wee comment am a happy wee bunny. laugh.gif
Anne1
So glad you got it all sorted out Stratson enjoy doll laugh.gif
stratson
Thanks Annwan! biggrin.gif
auchenshuggle
good news aboot yer telly stratson, as long as ye dont get mixed up between the telly and the pooter, and rep[ly ti something somebody says on the telly , or is it jist me that kin only dae wan thing at a time? rolleyes.gif
Anne1
Quick trip to Town Centre got to go bank ,Asda s collect sons suit from Dry Cleaners then home laugh.gif
stratson
Hoping to get out later with son,

For now,,,,,still to shower,,,,,,auld slowcoach! laugh.gif

Oh Annewan, you are so energetic, good on you. biggrin.gif

irrie
went to put a wee line oan and got caught in a shower oan the way hame i wis like adrooned rat and the wind wid blaw ye aff yer heid so i will stay in watch the fitba the night
annie laurie
laugh.gif Happy you got your TV back again Stratson,
Now you are all set for all the good Winter programs to come right? Cheers
annie laurie
Off to do my Volunteering to-day
Then visit with my Husband who is in a care facility .
Volunteer for 5 Hours,
love it laugh.gif
joycewilson
Did some shopping earlier and decided to spend the afternoon pampering myself...better than going out in the rain lol....
Anne1
What a morning weatherwise, got to go out as wee neighbour needs to get leg dressing changed and blood tests done, finish there and pop in to Tesco which is next door to surgery get the papers and put on my lucky lucky lottery ticket[a wish] laugh.gif
angel
It's about 9am here and a beautiful September Morn,sunny and cool but very pleasant,so I have already hung out the washing and will get a few more chores done ,then will go out for the afternoon, smile.gif
Anne1
Having a nice quiet lazy day today, slept well but still feeling tired must be auld age again, that auld age gets into everything eh biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
angel
I know Anne , I,m not doing it again. biggrin.gif
Anne I did send you a package in the mail
hope it has,nt been lost. unsure.gif
Anne1
Hi Angel package arrived about twenty minutes ago thank you so much what a beautiful place would love to go visit there, thanks again biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
stuarty
i had my haircut at the hospice and a need to colour it but feel ikky the noo so it will be the morra then party time on saturday my twins will be 30 so pictures will be on facebook under stuarts name
Anne1
Hope you enjoy the party Stuarty, mind and get loads of pictures taken laugh.gif
Anne1
Having another quiet day as I am crippled with Arthritis every joint aching cant even have an anti inflammatory so its Paracetamol to the rescue, hope it eases of so I can get out for a while tonight, such is life[somedays] rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
stratson
Sad to hear your having a bad day Anne, I know all about it. Oddly enough am feeling good today,
Hoping to go to Tesco as have a 10 coupon I can use when spending 30, dislike not taking advantage of it. Guess you can only use it for food,?
Hope you make it out tonight. biggrin.gif
big tommy
Just in from my lunch club .It is on 2 days a week,Monday and Friday. Saves having to make meals on these days .
Also go to a seniors club on a Wednesday. Some days we have a set meal .at a costof two pounds.
Ye canny whack it.
Tommy
Elma
Good on you Tommy, isn't it great not having to cook some days smile.gif

I'll be going to our store to prepare the dvds for next week. Russell Crowe's Robin Hood comes out on dvd on Tuesday, I'm looking forward to seeing that over the weekend (we get to see the movies before distribution so that we can preview them), we have 19 of them coming in together with about 100 other titles, so I'll be in the store for quite a while today tongue.gif
joycewilson
Evening All, Well had a good sleep today after my nightshift last night....one more to go tonight...then thank goodness its the weekend...Have a good one folks... biggrin.gif
big tommy
Dear Elma
What kind of job have you got ? you lucky thing .MY FILM FAVOURITES are the classic M.G.M . musicals and the history of musical films .
I have quite a collection of them apart from about 200 other DVD's .I have some of James Cagney which i love .
But i can watch these musicals for hours on end . #Another favourite is a boxed set of Alfred Hitchcock movies .As you can see i am an addict.
Tommy
Elma
Tommy, it's not really a job as I am part-owner of a book and video store. I volunteer my time and go in when I want but on a Friday I do prepare the new dvds for putting on the shelves on the following Tuesday. It keeps me out of mischief, well......sometimes tongue.gif I'm like you, I enjoy the classics best and thankfully we have quite a good collection of them.
stratson
At this time am off back to bed. Chill in the air this morning. sad.gif
big tommy
dEAR eLMA
I am always in mischief .I love it
Tommy
it is what keeps me haooy
angel
Well I have a busy day ahead of me , my family are comming down for a visit this morning and will make a day of it, so that will keep me on my toes until I collapse, but I am glad to see them
and on Sunday I'm off to the States to do some shopping for myself , my eldest granddaughter is being married in two weeks and I just don't have a darn thing to wear, sad.gif ,my daughter-in -law
is comming with me so that should be a riot, biggrin.gif cheers
Anne1
Both Days sound good Angel hope you get something lovely to wear for wedding[nothing to wear who ya kiddin] laugh.gif laugh.gif
Elma
My son-in-law and a friend, both on-call firefighters, are roller-blading on the new trail to Cranbrook and back, a round trip of 60 Km. today as a fundraiser. They have raised quite a bit in pledges so far so hope they do well. I'll go down to the finish at our ice arena to see them return, there is a BBQ going on there too. smile.gif
Elma
Nearly forgot..... I am taking said son-in-law and daughter out for dinner tonight. They both have birthdays this month, Phil on the 8th and Alison tomorrow, the 20th. Can't believe she'll be 47, I still remember the long skinny thing she was the day she was born unsure.gif smile.gif
Anne1
Going to have a lovely lazy day Newspapers, Music, Computer hopefully we are having an us day, nae weans nae g/kids, just peace peace peace[am tempting fate] laugh.gif laugh.gif
stratson
Been enjoying watching T.V. since early morning.

Am about to prepare dinner ready for oven at 4 o'clock. Other than that like you Anne,,,,a lazy day.

Hope you get your peace ,, I know the feeling, you love your family, however sometimes

you need total relaxation. smile.gif

Anne1
Well we got our peace and relaxation yesterday, but been up most of the night cant sleep every joint and bone aching, will need to stop doing handstands and backflips biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
angel
Today I am planning to get outside and start some Autumn cleanup in the yard, I had a wonderful day with the family on Saturday and Sunday we had great fun shopping as I knew we would tongue.gif
my daughter-in-law thinks I'm the same age as she ,so when it comes to shopping for clothes
Never the twain shall meet. lol," but fun disagreeing also had a delicious lunch, so all in all it was a very successful shopping trip and we did'nt have to pay duty on our purchases so that was a plus smile.gif
Anne1
Glad you had a good weekend Angel what colour did you get for wedding rolleyes.gif
Anne1
Another quiet day for me can hardly waggle so stiff and sore,think a will need to hit the Paracetamol,, who said gettin auld is fun cos its not sad.gif sad.gif
stratson
Hoping to go shopping, son taking me to Tesco's. Let's hope weather improves. smile.gif
angel
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 20th Sep 2010, 11:49am) *
Glad you had a good weekend Angel what colour did you get for wedding rolleyes.gif

Well Anne I bought a two piece suit style outfit for the church " colour Purple"
and for the reception I bought a Mainly light blue shimmering
glittery two piece top and a black skirt, I did,nt get shoes ,I have a pair that I bought in
Grenada Spain about 4yrs ago which will do nicely, and some costume jewelry. smile.gif
Anne1
Sounds Lovely Angel biggrin.gif
auchenshuggle
seeing as it was such a nice day today, i decided to cut the grass, front and back, took the dog to the park, washed the windows once the sun went down. cooked the dinner and then washed up, thats why im late on the boards tonight. THE END. tongue.gif
Anne1
What a busy little B youve been shuggles biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.