Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Anne1
Have a nice weekend Joyce no to much voddie laugh.gif
Anne1
Unpacking cases is first thing on the agenda today, wont take to long as everything was packed nice and neatly folded nae dirty washin all weve got is what we travelled in so easy peasy, then going out to lunch rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
joycewilson
Click to view attachmentLol Anne1......I have a bottle of voddie packed ...my wee Mum brought it ove rlast night and slipped me 20 for spending...awwwww....
Hope you have unpacked and have a really nice day.
I am waiting on my lift...cant wait......I have had a great week, my son Scott picked up a Stage Award for BEST ACTOR at The Edinburgh Fringe on Sunday...it was AMAZING!
Now Im packed to get away from it all...Im still on a high!
Anne1
A well desrved award there Joyce also lovely picture of you both biggrin.gif
stratson
Glad your home safe and sound Anne1.

Joyce, that's got to be framed, pic of you and Scott.....Beautiful. Have a great time.

Apart from having to stay home I can't get my digital on my t.v. Have e-mailed Toshiba, maybe they have the answer,,,,I have done all I know. ohmy.gif
Paulines47
Glad you got back safe & sound Anne1......& that you took the Glasgie weather back with you..... laugh.gif (It must be about 23 degrees or more here today.)

Beautiful sunrise too this morning but I forgot to take my camera to work with me!

Liked your photo's too....it reminds me of how much we take our beautiful surroundings for granted.
Anne1
Cheers Pauline lovely to be back and yes weather glorious here today , both a bit tired but will recover quickly, mind and put boat pictures up biggrin.gif
stratson
Where are your photos Anne1, is there new one's? smile.gif
Anne1
Stratson think Pauline was referring to the Cathedral ones and ones she hadnt seen in whit ye daein the day biggrin.gif
Paulines47
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 3rd Sep 2010, 05:32pm) *
Cheers Pauline lovely to be back and yes weather glorious here today , both a bit tired but will recover quickly, mind and put boat pictures up biggrin.gif

....not sure where to put the boat one's?????
Paulines47
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 3rd Sep 2010, 11:42pm) *
Stratson think Pauline was referring to the Cathedral ones and ones she hadnt seen in whit ye daein the day biggrin.gif

Spot on. Hadn't seen this thread till yesterday (3rd!)

Sorry, Stratson if I caused some confusion there.
stuarty
im still waiting for my portable oxygen to be fixed 4 weeks and counting am well peed off and missing my trudy sooooo much today oh my wee baby has gone sad.gif
Anne1
Hang on in there Stuarty a day at a time doll
Paulines47
So sorry about Trudy, Stuarty....I saw your piccy & she looked lovely.

Having spent a lot of my 'growing up' years with dogs in the family, I can understand what you are feeling.

I know that cat lovers would disagree that dogs make better pals....but it's true....my mother still has the ashes from most of her dogs so that they still remain with her.

My own 'baby' is still alive but I had to get her re-homed ( sad.gif ) Every year, I send some money to buy Ruby a Christmas pressie.
stratson
Have been making dinner. Casserole. Green beans and Baby new Potatoes prepared to go on later. Bought a ready made Trifle........all sorted.

Now going to bathe and shower, pamper with Baby oil.

Time that takes will be ready to put veg on to boil.

Nae rest for the wicked! laugh.gif

Anne1
Had a busy morning so far, went to bank, then Health Centre to get my wee neighbours hearing aid batteries then in to Asda, needed to get a wee pressie for neighbour who cant get out to shops herself, this afternoon will go down to complex for coffee, after that theres Tennants Asoccation meeting, so a busy wee day laugh.gif
stratson
So far have only arranged with Toshiba for Tech guy to call Wednesday to resolve problem with DTV updating. Service is free. Such a relief. smile.gif

After lunch, dust , tidy up and get some ironing done.(Don't like trailing out ironing board. not a lot of space.)
Anne1
Dont like the ironing board period Stratson laugh.gif
auchenshuggle
easiest way roon that is ti iron the collar and cuffs and pit a jumper on, naebody will know the difference. tongue.gif
Paulines47
....I just love ironing....(no joke!) Marvellous when done in front of the TV, on a wet day. I well remember ironing the week's wash when I was about 13, at 6.30am on a Sunday morning, to surprise my mum....or rather, to stop her 'whingeing' when she got up(!) cos' she always got very 'moany' about doing my dad's shirts.

I was self-taught, with the aid of the home economics teacher, about how to iron a man's shirt.....and a tea towel!! Makes me smile even now.

You could've brought your's & Stratson's down with you Anne & I could've done it for you. smile.gif
Paulines47
QUOTE (auchenshuggle @ 6th Sep 2010, 08:33pm) *
easiest way roon that is ti iron the collar and cuffs and pit a jumper on, naebody will know the difference. tongue.gif

biggrin.gif I know people who do just that.
auchenshuggle
aye me, ma wife when a first met her, used ti go mad when she seen me do that, a says whose gaunny know? an she says ME, so a hud ti start ironing the whole lot, women eh!!!. rolleyes.gif
stuarty
Iget my nwe sofa beds tomorrow and called the council charged 10pounds but dont carry the furniture up stairs a best get my super woman outfit on what a laugh but i shall have the last laugh as it weighs a ton and a hope the lazy barstewards hurts their lazy backs grr a xmas tree is still in pathway because they say its private property it all croappy noncense grrrrrrrrrrr rolleyes.gif
stratson
Hope your new furniture has arrived without too much hassle stuarty,,,,

You can relax now and enjoy it. smile.gif

Having a lazy day, will only be making evening meal and cleaning up dishes,

that's my whack for today. biggrin.gif
Anne1
I also had a lazy day[am gettin good at these] Stratson just pottered around and made dinner laugh.gif
Anne1
Click to view attachmentWell I am not going Midgy Rakin like these two my 23yrold G/Daughter Leanne and G/G/Son Fraser
Melody
Fabulous photo Anne, they are just lovely. Ah can never resist the urge to do things like that because ah'm wee it's a big temptation. laugh.gif Brilliant.
Anne1
Cheers Melody, it was Leannes new Bin delivered to her new wee flat laugh.gif
Melody
laugh.gif Good on her. Dae ye think she would have given me a shot?
Anne1
Och Aye definetely rolleyes.gif
Melody
laugh.gif
RonD
"bin there ..done that " but nae T shirt! biggrin.gif
ashfield
laugh.gif

Annewan, could she no have got a flat wi' two rooms an a roof huh.gif
Anne1
It was the best she could get Ashy laugh.gif
auchenshuggle
i`ve heard of downsizing but that`s taking it too far. rolleyes.gif
Anne1
Got an appointment at Diabetic eye clinic today thought it was every two yrs had it done last year, maybe changed system, . rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
glasgow lass
Got lots to do the day as am leaving tonight ( very late flight ) for ma holidays and a have so much energy a dont know whit tae dae wae it.Im off soon with a friend for a seven mile run, I'll get the rest of the packing done, not taking too much this time as want to bring some nice vino back and a have to put it in the case. I'll gee the hoose a wee clean so its nice for the waens, a know they'll keep it up rolleyes.gif ,other than that ,,, nothing too much going on here.So anyway guys a just really wanted to say cheerio to you all, take care of yirselfs and dont be giving me a show'n up while am away lol.XXX, Lass. wub.gif
glasgow lass
PS,,,,,,, a hope they dont burn any korans till a get back unsure.gif .
stratson
Hope you get a nice wine selection in your case Lass. laugh.gif

Probably just "Bikini'"s your packing!

Roasting large chicken(2k) with wild sage and red onion.mmm

Having to take things easy now however do little chores at my own pace,,,,,getting there! tongue.gif

ilookedup
No one else at home, so I had planned to do a bit of computing; a bit of guitaring; it's still warm enough to get the hood down, so I thought about going for a drive; I was going to go to PC world to look for a new computer. In the end I've done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I had an incredibly tasty and unhealthy dinner & am 1/2 way through a bottle of wine and looking for something mindless on the TV. Ah quality time...

smile.gif
big tommy
If you want mindless ,try the X factor
joycewilson
Morning Folks,
Just having a wake up coffee then got some housework to do before I head to work, got some friends coming over tonight, looking forward to seeing them x
Anne1
Hoping to coax Nev into going to Forge Market for an hour, could drive maself a suppose rolleyes.gif
stratson
Not a lot, catch up on phone calls, laugh.gif

big tommy
Dear Anne
if you are at thr Forge Market today ,keep an eye out for me .
Am the wee guy winae teeth and using a walking stick The good looking wan. I try to go there every Sunday.
tommy
Anne1
Must have missed you Tommy weve just got back from there will watch out next time biggrin.gif
auchenshuggle
just booked my flight up to glasgow for october, 53.93p return which i thought was pretty good, so roll on october till a see the dear green place again, aye a hope the suns still shining, ive got a wedding ti go to. biggrin.gif
RonD
Nothin' like dancin' in auld streets biggrin.gif
Anne1
Got to take wee neighbour to Drs for check up, she cut her leg in Tescos friday, so just makin sure shes ok biggrin.gif
stratson
Give you one guess?

That;s right, staying home! laugh.gif

Need yer wellies oan the day also souwester. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.