Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Anne1
no plans for today gonnae take it as it comes, family got back last night late so still asleep, so am sitting nice and quiet so as not to waken anybody wub.gif wub.gif
ashfield
Stoap makin' aw that noise tappin' the computer laugh.gif
Anne1
just put utube on bette midler the bliddy thing blasted so loud a nearly fell aff ma chair, couldnae find the mute button quick enough biggrin.gif
stratson
Annwan, the rest will do you good,. Hope you are both well! smile.gif

Have just made a chicken & pineapple Tika Masala. Have Garlic Coriander Naan bread which will put in oven for 6 mins. Have some Tilda Basmati boil'n 'the bag rice,

Have a mate of Richard's(more like family) just arrived this morning from Canada, he is meeting up with my son this afternoon, haven't seen him for at least ten years, he will probabbly come to dinner. Look forward to seeing him, great lad. laugh.gif

Got 10 on the lottery last night, hope it's the start of better things!
stuarty
It is with a heavey heart that yesterday I had to put my lovley best faithful friend down to sleep yesterday my boy Stuart was with me I held her head and kissed her and told her I loved her as the injection was going to put her to sleep we brought her home and now she is at peace in the garden next to her great great great grandma ,,,,and Ishall get another rose bush ,,,My son Derek never stops surprising me as he and his partner Vicki are on holiday with Lydia and Viki's kids joshua and Violet and I got a beautiful bouquet today from him and Viki saying sorry about my beloved Trudy am missing her so much and hve got all the dog food together to give to derek when he gets back home oh she has gor her toys or pretend babies polar bear and tartan bear in her grave the vet was so kind as he knew we were doing the right thing and went with dignity and I could not let her suffer as she was swollen up with the cancer so RIP MY TRUDY MY CONFIDANT MY PAL MY EVERYTHING THROUGH THICK AND THIN Lydia will miss her
angel
I,m so sorry to hear about your wee pal Stuarty, take care,
big tommy
My Dearest Stuarty
That is so sad. My heart goes out to you.I could feel the heartache in your words.
LOve from tommy
Heather
Awe Stuarty, I'm sorry to hear your sad news. You'll miss her very much. sad.gif
Elma
Oh stuarty, I am so sorry to hear about your wee Trudy, you will miss her so much, I know how much she helped you through your bad times. sad.gif
Anne1
Aw Stuarty am so so sorry to hear about wee Trudy, I know how much you loved her and she you, How thoughtfull of your boy and his girl thinking of you like that, God bless doll take care
witshisname
Stuarty I am truly sorry to hear about wee Trudy,she was a lovely wee dog and as you say..you could just sit there and tell her your troubles & before you knew it she was bringing ye one of her ''babies'' or she'd cuddle up to you to make you feel better.
I know you'll miss her terribly but she's not suffering anymore,and that's a blessing.
Bob sad.gif sad.gif
auchenshuggle
so sorry to hear about your sad loss stuarty, even as you say it was the right thing to do, it still does`nt make it any easier does it?. memories are magic things, they`ll get you through it.

auchenshuggle. sad.gif

Lennox
Sturaty , sorry for your loss pal, I sent you a wee message wub.gif
Anne1
well folks we are of to Folkstone this morning will be back late Sunday a wee family visit to Nevs 2 sisters, thankfully less than a two hour journey biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
angel
hope yo have a nice visit Anne tongue.gif

don,t know what I will be doing today,
it seems more like a Saturday for me
I wonder if this is a bad sign unsure.gif
stratson
Spent today cooking, preparing evening meal and Sunday dinner, expecting the family.

Tomorrow will get a day to myself! unsure.gif
stuarty
thanks ma mammy1 eor the card it was so lovley and to delboy and viki for the big bouquet of flowers am still trying to feed her if a drop somthing on the floor a expect trudy to pick it up
stratson
Hi kiddo, am not surprised at your actions concerning Trudy. Hard to change habits after such a long time, She is still 100% on your mind, that's normal.

Hope your new oxygen arrived as promised.

Will call you tomorrow around lunch time. Hoping to get out to the park.

Take care,,,,,,Hugs.
big tommy
Dear Anne
Did Folkstone a few yers ago (maybe 3 ) Went with a coach company called David Urquhart.
Never saw much of the town though,as we went on a coach trip every day
.One day to Canterbury Cathedral another to London. and one day on the Channel Tunnel to Belguim ans Bruges .
Visited the chocolate factory there and managed to get some cheap booze.

The hotel was great with plenty entertainment .I actually palled up with a woman from Glasgow to be her mate on the trip .
We had a great time
I.Wish i could remember her name *lol*
Tommy
RonD
Our local children's summer camp is having their annual fundraiser, the JK Jazz festival. Artists from all over the world, Cuban, Estonian and Canada's own Peter Appleyard and Sophia Perlman. We enjoy it so much , Mrs Ron D , the music, me just helping out, I did all this perimeter fencing this week and put signs and then did whatever needs to be done. Its good to help out. I might even have a Saku beer (Estonian) at the end of the day wink.gif
stuarty
today I treated myself to 2 new sofa beds in the sale at asdas 220pounds each a was going to buy 1 at 8oopounds but a thought it would have been a waste of momey as Ihave been sleeping on the settee for a few years as climbing up mount sturties was getting harder every day and it was wearing me out so now a can eni meeni manni mo what is the bed sturty will go tonight as I now have this is true 1 kingsize bed in my room a futon double with 3 foot bunkbed in another then a 3 foot bed in the other also a blowup air bed and stuarts fishing bed so a can have the world and his wife to stay noo a can open a B AND B HA HA beds avalible food self service as a would blow you all up with my oxygen ha ha so my weans and partners can stay if they want a night oot as the grandchildren can sleep downstairs and a can keep my eye on them aww ,,,,,,,,,AM still missing trudy a thought she was on my feet lastnight and a dropped a bit of smoothie icelolly and said here trudy then a picked it up and ate it the floor was clean as my cleaner came yesterday yeeehaaaaa wub.gif wub.gif a think a have gone stir crazy or trudy crazy or both its very hard trying to stop saying are you ok trudy life is crap somtimes as am missing her bigtime but no more dogs as Iwont be around to see it sad but true
big tommy
Dear Stuarty
I have told you before .Your life does'nt have to be crap.
Tommy
Heather
Stuarty, here's a wee happy /sad song for you. You can think of Trudy while you listen to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf31kyAb3ZI
Heather
I spent the afternoon watching South Pacific on the TV, all 4 1/2 hours of it.
Lt. Cable got killed again. boo hoo.

Anne1
Not long back from a pleasant w/end in Folkestone, tired but happy rolleyes.gif

Hi Tommy we also went to Canterbury had a look around the town Nev likes going back there as thats where he was born rolleyes.gif
big tommy
Dear Heather
I watched it tooo .A truly marvellous film and wonderful music.
Then down to my daughter in laws for my diner .A perfect day.
Tommy
Heather
Our Freezer packed in and I had to go out today and buy a new one. I wasn't really surprised as it's been acting funny for a while.

I was going down Swinton Road and passed a young guy I would guess in his late teens. He was drinking something out a paper cup, finished it then threw the cup into a garden. I said to him, " that's not a very clever thing to do " he just growled at me. sad.gif

It was just as well my husband was not with me or he would have told me to shut my mouth because you never know if those guys will turn on you.

I have just sprayed my roses. I was having a senior moment and poured the Multirose into the watering can instead of the sprayer. I had to pour it all back into the sprayer.
I left the watering can out as I'm going to put Evergreen Weed & Feed on the lawn later on. After I wash, dry and put away the dishes.

It's a true saying, ' a woman's work is never done'. rolleyes.gif
stratson
Started cleaning windows today. Got the bay windows in living room done and fresh inner curtains hung.My ceiling is so high, was sweating getting the hooks on the rail.

Will continue tomorrow,( mind I could do the lot in jig time.) unsure.gif

Heather, I feel exactly as you do when people throw waste on the ground, however am not
opening my mouth, you just don't know when they will turn on you. mad.gif
Heather
Stratson, I know what you mean with the high ceilings, we had them in Kingspark. When hanging the curtains I always had to use the ladders which I don't like doing as I don't like heights.

I also called that guy 'a litter lout'. I should keep my mouth shut, or one day I'll get thumped by one of them. sad.gif
Anne1
Got a washing on will put it out to dry and then im going to sit and make most of the sunshine , got a book im trying to finish so that will be my day biggrin.gif
big tommy
Anne
Will make myself some breakfast and that will be the start of the day. Then jump in the car and maybe take a wee run down the coast to Largs.
Have a bite there and watch the water for a while. Back then to Glasgow and who knows what the evening migh bring.
As you say,We have to make the best of any sunshine we get.
Good luck
Tommy
stratson
Continuing windows, son moved steps into kitchen for me., it's quite a narrow window so will not take so long. Then the bedroom one, another mountain to climb.

Hopefully will survive the day. laugh.gif

stuarty
im recovering from yesterday as my son and his fiancee Emma took me shopping and as this was my first proper shope since Trudy was out to sleep I thought the dog section would get to me but no it was a lot quicker than that I got tothe chease isle and trudie and I loved smoked cheese with ham and my son said 10 packs mum and a burst out crying as I would be sharing a bit to me and a bit to the dog so it went down to 6 packets but a had some yesterday and it did not taste the same and could not stop a felt so daft as STUART AND EMMA were cuddling me in the shop a then I got to the fruit section and cried again at the figs and grapes as she loved them also am sure there will be many days like yesterday oh the pain am going mad I wil have to ride the storm a suppose eh mad.gif
stratson
Stuarty, it's normal behaviour, your greaving for trudy as you would for a family member. Trudy was your family for so long. ..........It all takes time. Take care darlin'.

Still got bedroom window to do. Debatable whether it will be today!

Have no other plans. smile.gif
Anne1
Another lazy day in sunshine, son & D.I.L all went back to work yesterday so it was just the kids and us, and today they were bored nothing to do, fed up and all of a sudden two friends turn up and now they aint bored but gone with friends swimming, before football match tonight and athletic training, such is life.
Going home tomorrow night looking forward to my own wee hoose and my own bed yippee laugh.gif laugh.gif ,
joycewilson
Had a sleep after nightshift and am now trying to catch up with a months washing of my sons...please let us have sunshine to dry it all! Lol wink.gif
angel
well as I;m going away this weekend, I've been busy this morning getting
a few thing put together into my suitcase and hoping that I wo'nt forget
what I will need while I am away ,also some ironing done and a little mending, so as I go along I just throw whatever comes to mind into the case, which reminds me I better put in my passport, don.t get anyplace
without it. smile.gif
Anne1
have a nice weekend when it comes Angel laugh.gif
angel
I,ll be away for about 10 days tongue.gif now don't you be sad about that
Anne cause'' AM COMMIN BACK'' laugh.gif
big tommy
Happily ,my senior citizens club started up again today.
IT WAS SO GOOD TO MEET UP WITH ALL my friends after 3 months,especially the widow ladies who i missed so much ,and i am glad to say was missed by them. Thats what they told me.
Tommy
Anne1
Make the most of the companionship Tommy its nice to have friends biggrin.gif

Anne1
youd better come back lady cos a wid miss your cheek biggrin.gif
Heather
Yes have a nice time Angel and don't waste time worrying about what you have forgotten to pack as you'll find you will manage perfectly well without it.

Hurry home Annewan and being the police with you as some of those illegal immigrant have moved in to your house and claimed it as squatters rights. wub.gif

I'm for the off next Thursday.

Can anyone remember if the electric plug adaptors we use in Spain can also be used in Italy??

Maurice said the adaptors we used in Spain are the same one's we used three years ago in Italy. I'm not convinced.
I think I will take the plug into town next week and check it out as I will need it for my hair tongs, kettle and iron.
No I'm not taking the kitchen with me, the kettle & iron are wee travel one's. smile.gif
Anne1
yes plugs are the same
Heather
So it's two to one.

If you are both wrong I'll be walking about Italy with my hair standing on end. Oh well, I can always buy some gel and spike it up. laugh.gif
Anne1
well we are all packed and ready to go when Son & D.I.L get back from work just been sitting in sun enjoying the day Nevs gone afor nap as it is a long drive home biggrin.gif
angel
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 1st Sep 2010, 08:29pm) *
youd better come back lady cos a wid miss your cheek biggrin.gif

well listen to the kettle calling the pot black tongue.gif
Anne1
well thats us back safe and sound looking forward to getting back into my own wee routine laugh.gif
Anne1
Cheers Heather ive just come home to a postcard from Spain thank you doll laugh.gif
joycewilson
Hiya All,
Well I am away today for the weekend, myself and some friends are going to Port Patrick for a few days, almost packed just a few more things to sort out then we are off....hope you all have a nice weekend ....... wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.