Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
angel
It;s comming up on 11am here and I've been already out and back, been
dealing with the usual household business, and some grocery shopping
and I decided to walk as it was less pressure on my knee which is doing fine, by the way!... so now i am going to see my youngest grandson and just play it by ear for the rest of the day. smile.gif
angel
Well we had a lovely afternoon
took my grandson and his young friend down to the swimming pool where they had a very good time, actually it was' bedlam' jammed packed with young people having a great time but it was very hot so they were all in the right place, afterwards we went to Macdonald's as a special treat and then to the icecream parlour, "the Dairy Queen" !don't know how they ever managed to finished that lot, then to the library to return their books
and did some browsing there, so it was a very nice day. cool.gif cool.gif
Anne1
Sounds like a good day was had by all Angel biggrin.gif
Anne1
Was going to do so much today but have been invaded by g/daughter & friend, then daughter and dog, Son arrived last night for short stay so it was bliddy bedlam with everyone talking over each other dont know how many cups of tea were made and drunk, thank god they all clean up behind themselves now for a wee go at the bingo, Nev & Son going to watch whatever moves on TV biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Anne1
Ive got a busy day ahead as yesterdays plans didnt work out, going to Tescos early, then of to Forge Market to exchange Pr Trousers and pick up a few bits and pieces, then coffee in complex this afternoon, then my other daughter calling in before we go away on Sunday, and sort out clothes for going away so a busy wee day for me and I won 150 last night at bingo so extra spending money , forgot my wee neighbour needs new hearing aid batteries promised I would get them for her, ave got a head like a sieve some days biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Heather
Annewan, if you keep winning all that money at the Bingo then you will be getting banned. laugh.gif

Where are you off to and for how long???
Heather
I ironed a mountain of clothes today. It took me three hours and there's still another mountain of clothes to iron. sad.gif

The usual after a holiday. rolleyes.gif
stratson
Spent a nice afternoon at my g/daughter's. It was good to see her and my g/g/son Zak again.

He has grown some and full of beans Adorable wee boy, just love him.
tongue.gif
stuarty
I was at the hospital wednesday and the found a narrowing in my throat but the said they could balloon it to widen it and a said no thanks and the found i have to take 3 lots of antibiotics for a week as i had this halobacteria pyyrolia or somthing to that effect a had this about 5 years ago but most people have it it is just my luck a got it again so a started them today and they are vile only 13 of each tablet to go bolk and a was supposed to go camping and my valve has blown on my portable liquid oxygen so am not meant to go anywhere so am just gonny watch the KENLEY airshow as i can see all the planes from my back door wub.gif
stratson
Just having a rest, feeling exhausted, don't know why, have done zilch so far! smile.gif
Anne1
Take it easy Missus just relax biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Anne1
We had a quiet day yesterday just sat out in beautiful sunshine and relaxed had a good old catch up on family news, was so peaceful, today is going to be different Nev & I are going out to have a wee look at shops and go into South hampton to check timetables for Ferries to Isle of wight and will maybe have a trip over next week sometime, we will eat out today and let family get organised for trip to Disneyland Paris tonight, so looking forward to a nice day out. hope rain stays away biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Heather
I did a bit of shopping today.
I went to the butcher, fruit & veg, Supermarket and the Library.

Got a very interesting book in the Library. The 19th Wife. Author= David Ebershoff.

It's about the group that broke away from the Mormons because the Mormons banned polygamy.
They call themselves the 'Firsts' and the leader considers himself a Prophet and everyone must do as he says.

Anne1
Hi Heather, well today was having a quiet day got in car after leaving shops and my walking stick slipped made a grab for it and staved ma bliddy thumb and its sore so sore a could greet sad.gif sad.gif
Heather
Ach your a poor soul Annewan. sad.gif

Put some warm water in a wee bowl and steep your poor thumb in it, that will ease the pain a bit.

Just be careful as you might have broken the thumb. wub.gif
stratson
Hoping the thumb is better Anne,

Sounds interesting book Heather. Enjoy!

Have chiropodist this afternoon.,,,,,that is good. smile.gif
angel
I decided to shred all my old bills, etc today day and ended jamming up the shredder,so it looks like I will be using the sissors until I buy a new machine. sad.gif
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 18th Aug 2010, 10:23pm) *
I decided to shred all my old bills, etc today day and ended jamming up the shredder,so it looks like I will be using the sissors until I buy a new machine. sad.gif

''' success,... I got the shedder to work this evening , it was a case of,when all else fails, read the instructions smile.gif
Anne1
Had a mixed day yesterday we went to see old time friends[48yrs] felt really sad when I saw how badly failed our Friend Johnny was from a big strapping man to a wee old man sitting there , this guy could captivate an audience telling a wee story or even a joke, and to see him struggle just to speak, was heartbreaking, but so glad we went... Afterwards had a pleasant time with his wife and family remembering all the auld days we had when we were young, truly a friendship which has lasted the years.
However today Im meeting up with Paulines47 at lunchtime and that will cheer us up smile.gif smile.gif
zascot
Angel, rather shred all the new bills, enjoy yourself and worry next month lol
angel
Zascot,,, good advice !I think! tongue.gif
Anne1
Yesterday we met up with Paulines47 at lunch time and very nice too biggrin.gif
Cash-Ma-Giro
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 20th Aug 2010, 01:39am) *
Yesterday we met up with Paulines47 at lunch time and very nice too biggrin.gif
Very pleasant Anne1, bet the meeting was good for the two of you.

Nice post to read. smile.gif

cash
Anne1
Cheers Cash yes it was good biggrin.gif

Came downstairs cos I couldnt sleep thought a wee cup of hot chocolate will do the trick, guess what I missed the bottom stair and smashed into the wall and nearly ripped my toe of my foot, so thats left thumb, left toe, same side as broken hip already toe swelling up och am scunnered wae this am beginning to feel like THH , MAYBE A NEED A NEW LEFT LEG
annie laurie
Och Goodness sake Anne1

here is me thinking you are down in England visiting your family,
and having a lovely visit and nice weather to boot ,

So sorry to hear that, you have to slow doon wummin
I bet you did not put a light own either ?

Have you tried the Melatonian for helping you to sleep.
Not habit forming and you don't need a prescription either,
I used it when i was going through my rough time last Year
and it sure did help me,
Take it easy there
hopefully you are not in to much pain Anne

Thinking of You,
cheers
OXOXOXOX

Anne1
thank you Annie, yes no light on wub.gif wub.gif
ashfield
What,.......... were you using the night vision goggles cool.gif laugh.gif
joycewilson
Hi All, Well last night of nightshift tonight!! Thank goodness. Hows it going with everyone? Any plans for the weekend? rolleyes.gif
Heather
Good grief Annewan, does yer mammy know yer oot or are you trying to make Neville a widower???

I can't afford a wreath right now, I need my money for Rome. laugh.gif

If the thumb is still swollen maybe you need to have it x-rayed.

For goodness sake watch where your going. wub.gif
glasgow lass
just read about you Anne, hope its not to serious. Another fall, thats all I have been hearing about this week huh.gif
hope you feel better soon. wub.gif
Anne1
Thanks girls I do seem to be accident prone this week, but will be careful honest biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Aye ashy using night goggles but not successfully
angel
just unfamiliar with your surroundings Anne ,hope no more falls for you smile.gif take care,

I've decided to go back to my first love ,and that is reading , been away from it for quite some time now but took out a couple of books from the library yesterday so that will take care of this weekend for me. smile.gif
Anne1
Enjoy your peaceful reading session Angel biggrin.gif
Anne1
going out shortly to see if I can find some sunshine here in England,all weve got is Drizzle Drizzle and more bliddy Drizzle ohmy.gif
RonD
Is it true yer pals call you Lucky, Anne? smile.gif Take care o' yersel' we need ye oan this board.
big tommy
DEAR Anne
I can give you a new leg *S* .I have had a #spare'left leg for 62 years.It is in pretty good nick and im sure would do you a turn .
ONLY thing is ,you have to strap it on and take it off when going to bed.
Tommy
stratson
Windows badly need cleaned. Taking down inner curtaining,,,,,that's a start! rolleyes.gif

Afraid all this rain will delay cleaning.

Another day at home for me, usual other chores. will keep me busy.

Hope my Lottery comes up,
big tommy
DONT WE ALL
Elma
Having a lazy day at homs, pure luxury!!! tongue.gif
Anne1
Ended up going thru to Winchester where the rain eased up whilst we were there, took some photos of Cathedral and put them on board,but going to have an early night, ended up watching that stupid x factor what a load of garbage

ps Tommy thanks for offer of leg but will make do with what ive got cheers smile.gif
Heather
Aye Rond, Annewan is lucky at the Bingo, but not lucky with legs eleven and not very hip either. wub.gif

Winchester Cathedral
You're bringing me down
You stood and you watched as
Annewan fell down. sad.gif
Anne1
Very Funny Heather but a never fell laugh.gif laugh.gif
Anne1
Well folks think the rain has stopped[fingers crossed] so will get organised and go sightseeing round here maybe go to Salisbury and area rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Anne1
who uncrossed their fingers its back on sad.gif sad.gif
Anne1
thanks Ron laugh.gif
big tommy
Dear Anne

Life gets tedious ,dont it ?
Tommy
Anne1
Click to view attachmentToday we took a trip to Stonehenge and Salisbury Cathedral, heres some pics from Stonehenge others in Cathedral Thread
Anne1
Click to view attachment
Anne1
Click to view attachment
Anne1
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.