Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
glasgow lass
What a smashin way to end the Fair, see'yi in the pub tonite then tongue.gif
Anne1
will do lass can afford a round now Heathers away she would take advantage of my generosity biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Staying home today, am a busy wee bee prepering for a birthay lunch tomorrow.Did most of the shopping yesterday so its cleaning and readiing what a can in advance, just some fresh fluers to pick up tomorrow for the table, market's opened early, but mind you there are some of the most beautiful wild flowers growing in the fields, just breathtaking to see, so a might just jump a fence and pluck a few, there could be none nicer in any store.Have a great weekend everyone...Lass smile.gif wub.gif
Anne1
Of to town centre today got a few bits and pieces to do and also go to the bank and deposit some of my winning,s certainly makes a wee change putting some in, manager will probably faint with shock that im not withdrawing och as long as a make somebody happy laugh.gif laugh.gif
angel
Maybe you can get back to spain after-all Anne ,thats a nice wee
windfall you got there.
witshisname
Congratulations on your win Anne,I bet ye got some nasty stares when ye belted oot BINGO!.
Today I'm waiting for the concierge coming to fix my shower,the hot water tap is just spinning round wae no water coming out,I need it fixed before before winter gets here...lol.
Anne1
Got another 220 on Monday night at bingo dont usually go on mondays but was easily coaxed by my friend to go while my luck was in so glad I did rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif Today going to see our daughter as its her 48th birthday so a wee tea party in store .
annie laurie
O.K. WHIT IS YOUR SECRET,

THERE MUST BE SOMETHING YOU DO RIGHT,

LUCKY, LUCKY,

SHARE'ES COM OWN TELL ME AND I MIGHT TRY IT
Anne1
Ma lips are sealed Annie tongue.gif tongue.gif
angel
well I hav'nt been doing much these last few days I had a bit of a mishap
with the step ladder and banged up my knee a bit ,I had just cleared some old leaves from the eavestrough on the garage and while comming back down I missed the last step, anyway I was,nt able to go downstairs to the computer until now, I'm still wearing a knee brace but I think all will be well
I see that wee Anne is raking in the money, Good for you Lady biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Anne1
Sorry to hear about your knee Angel hope its better soon.
Well today we had a wee trip to Aberfoyle and then on to Callendar took a couple of picture at Abefoyle so will put them up here okClick to view attachment

next picture you can see inside shop

Anne1
Click to view attachment

this is for our expat friends to enjoy

Anne1
Now for the Tablet Shop girls then next picture is inside shopClick to view attachment
Anne1
Click to view attachmentSweeties galore girls
Lennox
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 5th Aug 2010, 05:10pm) *
Click to view attachment

Yer a bad wee wummin annewan , noo am hungry dry.gif
witshisname
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 5th Aug 2010, 04:10pm) *
Click to view attachment

ahm sittin here droolin at that pic Anne,Thanks fer sharing it....I want that steak & Kidney pie fer supper tonight...lol
witshisname
Heading oot wae ma pal to the cinema this afternoon,he won some free passes so it'll be nice to be in a Air condtioned hall...Yay
Sorry to hear about your knee Angel,I hope it feels better soon xx
Anne1
put some pics of lochs in seaside pics
Anne1
Ive put loch pics on here insteadClick to view attachment Ive passed this loch several times loch but didnt know its name so ive put this notice up with it so you can see oops loch in next posts
Anne1
Loch VenacharClick to view attachment
Anne1
Loch Venachar againClick to view attachment
Lennox
wan word annwan >................................... Stunning !
Anne1
Loch Achray FolksClick to view attachment
angel
lovely photos Anne , is the woollen mill still there?I remember buying two really nice suits for
myself, of course I was a lot thinner then. sad.gif .
My daughter-in-law and grandson are both comming for supper to night, she is doing the cooking
so thats good ,however she has rapped me across the knuckles because of the step ladder incident, but the swelling has gone done a lot and I can get down the stairs now.
how you doing Wits, they say the weather will be a bit cooler for the next day or two, it's just been to hot,you take care now,, cheers smile.gif
annie laurie
Beautiful Pictures Anne1
Looks like it was a lovely day also,

Oh what I would gee for some of that tablet, rolleyes.gif
and the Pies and pastries,

Angel, take it easy,
You were very lucky, some one is telling you to slow doon, O>K. CHeers
joycewilson
Lvely photos Anne1 x
Hi All, hope everyones had a nice day...I slept through it...awww well never mind two more nights to go and Im off for 8 days YIPPPEEE .....
wee davy
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 5th Aug 2010, 04:10pm) *
Click to view attachment

oh yummity yummity!! lol ive just drooled awe oor masel!! lol laugh.gif
Anne1
What a miserable day its hissing it down just got back from Forge Market, getting a couple of things for going away next week maybe even get some sunshine when away, Pauline47 says weather still nice down there, Going to Bingo again tonight so heres hoping biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
angel
well I've taken off the knee brace and I've replaced it with a tensor bandage,so I'm hoping to get out tomorrow,I did'nt do much damage on my knee just my pride, also a lot of pain ,stretched the ligaments that's all,
so hopefully I'll be fighting fit when I go off on my own little vacation tongue.gif
joycewilson
Hi All, Well not long up, just having a few wake up coffees...omg! The Rain! Typical....just in time for me being off work Grrrr,,,,
stuarty
welldone anne1 on aww them wins can a rub ma wednesday lottery ticket on your bum fur luck,,,,,,,,,, a have been off line due to adverse weather conditions so a had a mammagram wednesday and a barium meal today and it certainly was not any meal a would serve to anybody the gloopy white stuff and then the fizzy crystals to swallow and then told not to burp whilst they are moving your'e body all angles what a laugh a felt sick until a got hame and had a nice cuppa tea mmmmmmmmm a was ok after ma cuppa and a go back next week to hospital for my endoscopy and barium meal results am peed off way hospitals a tell you oh its great news about marion getting the cancer free diagnoisis aww a bet the family are cock-a- hoop yipee for you all Marion wub.gif
Anne1
Well folks since the Sun is shining am going to have a wee trip to the Barras havent been for yrs then will backtrack to the Forge again[2nd time this week] and have a wee nosey there, looking for a wee bargain or two biggrin.gif
Anne1
Well folks what a disappointment at the Barra s what alet down the place was boggin never seen so much junk in all my days, remember the days when it would be full of guys shouting out about towels lino , carpets, every stall had something decent to sell even all the wee shops on the main road have all changed, god knows what the tourist or visitors see in it, will not be revisiting there sad.gif even the food stalls like hot donuts, hot rolls sweets oh yuk
Melody
I used to love going to the Barras on a Sunday Anne, I loved the atmosphere and the folk. Sad to say it's not the same at all now.
Anne1
its like night and day Melody did you see I put some Maryhil pics up for the girls
angel
like yourself Anne if I never see that place again that would be too soon.
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 8th Aug 2010, 02:10pm) *
like yourself Anne if I never see that place again that would be too soon.

I,m refering to the Barras smile.gif
joycewilson
Hi All,
I had a nice long lie today, then started to get organised for my Mum and family coming over, we are having a wee day for my Mum who was 87 yesterday x
Anne1
Joyce hope your Mum had a lovely day for her birthday biggrin.gif
stratson
Happy Birthday to Joyce's Mum. biggrin.gif

C U Annwan, nae wonder a canny get ye oan the phone yer ay oot gallivantin'.

Wiz the same yesterday. That's it, nae mair til next sat/sunday(free calls) rolleyes.gif

Has been a lovely day, was in the park when my daughter in N.J.'S pal came and gave me a hug, was a pleasant surprise, she was cutting through taking her g.kid'd to Mac/D's
She sent them on ahead(they are teenagers) had a good blether. She accompanied me across to my house, made my day. Now she knows where I live will be returning.
Anne1
sorry I missed you Stratson will try to remedy that
Today am having a lazy day promised my son I would download family pictures on to cd for him and also scan some other ones that I finally got round to sorting out, whit a life eh biggrin.gif
stratson
Am going to clean my suite and polish around the living room before son comes to vacum for me.

Have to make a clearance around my recess, that's my office, so much to shred.

You couldn't swing a cat in here.

Meantime am having a coffee. biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Click to view attachmentThanks for birthday wishes for Mum Anne1 and stratson, we had a nice wee day, had my grandkids over and had a wee party for her....
joycewilson
Hi stratson, Im having a coffee break. Just oiled my floor and cleaned out some drawers...
angel
i'm just sitting here wasting time smile.gif
stuarty
lydia and her wee brother alex and her mummy came to see me today but lydia wanted to play games on the pooter and her mum said would i look after her as she wanted to go shopping so we had some granny and lydia time together ,,,she is going to be a bridesmaid at her daddy and vikki's wedding on the 27TH OF DECEMBER THIS YEAR waiting in invites being posted they are getting married in the wee catholic chapel on the hill then reception in the hertfield manor betchworth it is supposed to be beautiful .
Anne1
Thats something to look forward to Stuarty so get your glad rags ready doll biggrin.gif
Anne1
Joyce thats a lovely picture of your mum & g/daughter with the birthday cake glad you all had a lovely time biggrin.gif
Anne1
Am havin another lazy day[aye ok Nev another] sortin out stuff to take down south downloaded loads of pics on to dvds yesterday so thats another wee job done and last night done a handwash of blouses and tops that just need a sapple thru and nae ironing hung them in shower overnight and now they are dry, but also need trousers pressed and I hate that will talk nice tae Nev he doesnt mind ironing and then will just relaxy vous and listen tae ma Ipod biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Im finally having my driveway paved today, only waited over a year as a kept getting bumped out when a bigger job came up for the workers. They are out ther talking jibberish and am not waiting around till they are done, s'long as they keep the lines straight am sure it'll be fine.I'll not pay them till a get back,,,,,,so am sure the lines will be nice'n straight lol.
So am away to do holiday shopping for maself, see if a kin find a deal. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.