Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
angel
that is so sad Elma, my condolences.
annie laurie
Hi Elma,
Sorry to hear that was your friend,
I heard about it on the News,

Summertime always so many accidents and drownings, here,

to-day I have to do my housework, dust is piling up, and some laundry,

Heather, I was told that Marigolds keeps ants and wasps away< have you heard that ???

Not to wild about the smell of Marigolds, rolleyes.gif dry.gif

Heather
Annie, no I did not know that about marigolds. I didn't know there was any smell off them.

We were going out today to buy a new lawnmower but all the rain put us off. sad.gif

I kept busy by washing down the walls in the bathroom then starting to sew together the bolera I have just knitted myself. smile.gif
stratson
QUOTE (Heather @ 19th Jul 2010, 08:39pm) *
Annie, no I did not know that about marigolds. I didn't know there was any smell off them.

We were going out today to buy a new lawnmower but all the rain put us off. sad.gif

I kept busy by washing down the walls in the bathroom then starting to sew together the bolera I have just knitted myself.

Oh Heather, wish I had some of your energy. Was once a cleaning maniac, could not sit still.
Wish I could even get motivated. huh.gif

angel
well i'm going to a friend's house tonight for supper,
so thats nice , no dishes to wash tongue.gif
stuarty
my dear Elma I hope her husband was not involved in the accident but he must have seen it my sympathy goes to all of yor;e frind's friend and family 57 is no age these days ,

I took trudie to vets today and got more steroids for her she was given 6 weeks worth and vet said if she changes bring her straight back so its one day at a time for my wee dogg oh I do love her so much she gives me the strenth to carry on as does my LOVLEY LYDIA I dont get to see her much but when i do i enjoy everytime Isee her
Heather
I went to the swimming pool today with the two g'daughters. We had a good time and I got plenty excercise swimming the length and breadth of the pool.

Afterwards it was into McDonalds for lunch then a walk through Easterhouse Shopping Centre.

I spent the afternoon stitching the rest of the bolera together and started knitting the edging bands.

Meanwhile the girls played on the Laptops then we watched parts 1&2 of Anne of Green Gables.
The eldest g'daughter is reading the 1st Anne book so she took the DVDs home with her.

I have just finished reading a really good book:
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini.
It's about life in Afghanistan and the plight of women under the Taliban.
Also husbands who can beat and batter their wives any time they want and marry girls young enough to be their g'daughters.
stuarty
I was at the hospice today and an artist painted me in watercolour on paper so I will get it framed soon and shall take a pic when done wub.gif
angel
My neighbours car would'nt start today so I took her for a doctors appoinment she had ,then we did some shopping around and went for lunch, was quite nice and then picked up my grandson who came for supper so that was my day. tongue.gif
witshisname
Usual Friday for me,goin tae pictures and then later on Going out to a Nice Restaurant with my pals!
Elma,My sincerest condolences on the loss of your friend..such a young age to pass away.
Anne1
Going for coffee and a wee natter in complex then tonight Im of to bingo to try my luck while since ive had a win laugh.gif
Melody
Enjoy yer coffee and good luck Anne. smile.gif
Heather
I was in town again today for some last minute shopping as we go away on Tuesday.

Do men ever listen to what we say. I told that man o' mine I would buy a luggage scale when I was in town today because he was convinced his luggage was over weight.
He was out when I came home and when he came home I showed him the luggage scale and he started laughing, he had also bought one!!!!!!!!!

To add to my annoyance I bought mine in Debenhams 7-99, he bought his in Hughes 2-99!!!!!! wub.gif
They are identical and also have a tape measure and in similar packaging. If I had not opened mine I would take it back.
That gave him another laugh.

I can't believe the difference of 5 on such a small item.

Hows that for getting ripped off?? mad.gif
Anne1
see heather you should have known your better half would buy one just to be awkward laugh.gif
Anne1
Out for coffee with friend then we will go to bingo try our luck once more laugh.gif
stratson
Heather, enjoy your holidays!

No luck with lottery and Euro mills , not even a tenner. Maybe tonight will be the night!

One of my neighbours exchanged house for one in London yesterday, sad to see him go, a decent young man, A couple originally from Glasgow are new tenants.

They are laying new wooden floors right now, hammering away up there. Apparently they felt it was time to come home, whatever that entails.

Today doing much the same as every other day, taking it easy! laugh.gif
Anne1
Managed to win 125 a wee bit f luck but would have liked a big bit o luck laugh.gif
Anne1
going to have a wee trip into Falkirk today havent been for ages , need a few bits and pieces and it takes us out for a wee while and get my joints moving rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Anne1
Very quick trip to Falkirk was raining quite heavy with drizzle the kind that soaks you thru and thru, and nae brollies wae me sad.gif
angel
it is a glorious day here with no humidity so I've been outside in the yard
getting a little tidy up done ,will take a walk up to the post office for a few
stamps and get some groceries so thats my exciting day today , I might look and see what else I can do but probably won,t look to hard.
Heather ,hope you have a great vacation... tongue.gif
Anne1
Hi Heather hope you and your better half & g/kids have a brilliant holiday take care and behave and watch out for Sailors biggrin.gif
angel
My son and daughter-in-law have just called they are on there way down for a visit so that will keep me on my toes today, My granddaugher is also comming home from B.C, she lives there , she is getting married this Oct. so it.s a busy Aug. ahead for all, as there are several wedding showers
planned for that month, however I don't think I will be attending all of them I want to take a trip down to Cape Cod.
Anne1
you are going to be a busy lassie Angel and Cape Cod sounds nice
angel
now to figure out whats for supper, sad.gif
Anne1
Well today I am going to clean out drawers & cupboards in kitchen been meaning to do it since last week so todays the day biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Good job once its done Anne1!
Well today I woke up after having a horrible dream...hope to get back to sleep for a few hours for work tonight rolleyes.gif
angel
well so far I have dealt with a few email letters plus some pretty good jokes and as this is garbage pickup day I got that load outside.
Beautiful day here and the air is so fresh no humidity, just might go for a drive and a walk about or come to think of it, just might visit with my sister,
if she is'nt on the golf course or I just might go along with her , have a good day everyone ,whatever your up too. smile.gif
Anne1
Lovely sunny day here so we took a wee trip down memory lane we drove thru to Helensburgh where we lived for 18mths away back 1961 drove thru Rhu and Ardencaple so lovely and peaceful drove on to Faslane Naval Base but now nothing like it was when Nev was stationed there in Subs, big high wall and Barbed wire everyplace, could see remains of Peace camp where all the Nuclear protestors are based still quite a few of them there then had a slow drive back to Helensburgh where we sat on wall and had a fish supper, lovely pleasant afternoon biggrin.gif
Anne1
A very quiet day went to shops for odds and sods then coffee in complex so tonight its bingo bingo bingo, hope am lucky biggrin.gif
Java
Ocht ah wishd ah'd known ye wur lookin' Anne, ah coulda gave ye some sods for free laugh.gif
Anne1
your so kind doll biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Java
Mind let me know if ye want any mair, it's nae trouble ...

Mystic Meg says yer gauny shout oan number six....but it'll be a false call laugh.gif laugh.gif
Anne1
Oh cheers bet it bliddy jinx s me aw night youve had it lassie am warning you sad.gif sad.gif
Java
Ahhh...my work here is done laugh.gif laugh.gif
Anne1
bad bad lassie wub.gif wub.gif
Java
Tae make matters wurser, yer actually gauny be up oan number therty two but that'll be jist efter number six is called and you'll be that busy thinkin' aboot me sayin' ye'd false call that ye'll miss yer shout laugh.gif laugh.gif
Anne1
ya bugger java a wont be able to concentrate right enough och am no gon now
Java
Tell Nev he owes me a fiver...ah bet him ah could get ye tae no go laugh.gif
Anne1
Nevs nae chance of a fiver a he would only have a fiver if a had won ya muppet
angel
laugh.gif laugh.gif is'nt that Java is so dependable Anne.
Java
Ocht aw that wis happenin' in Cummernaud bingo...completely different story at Coatbridge. Wid ye like me tae phone ye a taxi? laugh.gif

Hallo Angel, didny see ye there biggrin.gif
stratson
Your day sounds quite interesting Anne. I know you like getting around, such a blessing you drive especially since having all those falls. Your a survivor for sure. and added blessing of a loving husband. Good Luck to you for your Bingo session tonight. biggrin.gif

Just got photos from my cousin in Ireland, is making me longing to see them. sad.gif

angel
not a problen Java,, I'm away tae the music store to see if I can find a couple of C.D. "s TaTa
Anne1
Aye Angel Javas got some endearing ways wae her but as bingo mascot shes [cannae swear] awful and naw dont get taxi never been to coatbridge and dont want tae so get aff ma case ya muppet biggrin.gif
Anne1
Hi Stratson isnt this weather awful may get better at weekend hopefully, would richard not go to Ireland with you or would it be to much for you unsure.gif unsure.gif
Java
Oh Stratson, ah wis jist thinkin' aboot you. Ah'd tae venture tae Manchester earlier this week and ah wis stuck in traffic oan the M somethin' or other. There in the middle o' Manchester in aw their glory wis a wee section of allotments laugh.gif Somebody had put a lifesize plastic coo in the middle o' theirs laugh.gif
stratson
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 30th Jul 2010, 06:04pm) *
Hi Stratson isnt this weather awful may get better at weekend hopefully, would richard not go to Ireland with you or would it be to much for you unsure.gif :

Afraid the problem is mine. Lucky to get to the Park, My time frame walking-wise is at best 2 hours.
Hopefully it will change for the better.

Que sera-sera.
smile.gif
Anne1
Well folks so glad I didnt tell java I was going to Bingo today or she would have jinxed me and the result was I won 950 yippee laugh.gif laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Thats great Anne, did'yi tell Nev yet!:ph34r:
Anne1
Yes Lass he got his cut[jist a wee cut though] laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.