Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Anne1
Well thats me back from having Xray done just got to wait fr results hopefully will be ok laugh.gif
stratson
Was all go here this morning. Neighbours family called and mother didn't answer door or phone, her hubby is in hospital. Family had to get police to break door in, good news she was not there,normally she puts keys through my door, not this time, police phoned hospital, she was admitted 3 a.m. this morning. Am a very light sleeper, they must have been very quiet. Presently joiner is fixing the door, looks like it will need a new door. Maggie is 86, it was her b/day yesterday Just so glad she is going to be alright
, After that prepared dinner and got some ironing done, lovely sunshine on my face, windows all open.

Best get dinner served now for 5p.m. smile.gif
Anne1
out for lunch then our other two daughters dropped by to see Nev youngest one stayed on and we downloaded pics from her camera then printed a few will need to check my inks kinda funny looking, then daughter and I went to bingo but no luck, just dropped her off at my other daughters where she is staying till Tuesday morning then back to Ullapool, been a busy day shattered now biggrin.gif
Heather
Expect for pulling a couple of weeds out the garden I've done nothing else all day.

Read the Sunday papers to see what's going on in the world.

Yesterday I did a big clearance of Curtains and now have a pile of them to get rid of.
Next week I'll get someone from Mary's Meals to pick them up as they are too heavy to carry.
Anne1
Heather do you have local contact for Marys Meals they call at our Church once a year and I always keep stuff to donate to them they do fantastic work, would be easy if I had a number for them cheers me dear biggrin.gif
Heather
Annewan, the Mary's Meals Group in our Parish do tea, coffee & scones after 9-30 Mass every Thursday morning in our Parish Hall, 10am-11-30am.
That's when I take my bags of whatever down.

They are also in the Hall on a Tuesday morning but just to pack anything donated.
Anne1
Cheers Heather
stratson
Today will continue with the ironing, hopefully no distractions. Probably stop after an hour to rest the legs,
Amazing how much you get through in an hour with the steam generator though! mellow.gif

Heather & Annwan, very nice to hear of your charitable deeds. It's a very good charity. smile.gif
angel
I took the dog for a run in the park today " Well he ran , I walked tongue.gif ,then took him home and went for a few groceries got home about midday I.m wiped ,the humidex reading is 31 cel. outside . I,ll just stay in the air conditioning and wait for the severe thunderstorms that the weather station in predicting,, cheers. sad.gif
stratson
Today am reflecting on the life of my nephew Jacky who passed away at 3 a.m.
Is very sad, he had his 62 nd Birthday June4th, was the last time I saw him.
Your out of all the misery now son....................R.I.P.
angel
My condolences Stratson. smile.gif
Anne1
Sorry to hear your sad news Stratson
Anne1
Been out and about today went thru to Bishopbriggs, had a wee shop in Marks, and bought some nice wee treats for us, also went to the new shop there to see what its like as we have one opening beside us shortly, so nice morning out biggrin.gif
Elma
So sorry to hear about your nephew, stratson, my sincere condolences. You are doing the right thing thinking about all the happy memories you have had with him, that is what you can cling to. wub.gif
RonD
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 24th Jun 2010, 03:09pm) *
Been out and about today went thru to Bishopbriggs, had a wee shop in Marks, and bought some nice wee treats for us, also went to the new shop there to see what its like as we have one opening beside us shortly, so nice morning out biggrin.gif

I have to tell you annewan, that its changed in the 50 years when I lived there! The end shop by the park across from Morrison's used to be the Kenmure picture shop, spent many a Saturday matinee there.
OzScot
Condolences Stratson. 62 is just too young.

Ben
RonD
Stratson just noticed your note on the passing of your nephew. It really hit home since I just turned 62 on June 8th. My wife and I lived in the country near gorgeous parks and rivers and we have making ourselves to go out and appreciate our surroundings. Your sad news only makes want to do it more often. My condolences to you and your family.
Anne1
Quick trip to Tesco and Post Office then going for afternoon coffee in our wee complex, then Bingo tonight forgot to say got 250 on Tuesday night maybe ma luck is changing at last rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
angel
I think you are very at the bingo Anne..."good luck" now I going outside to was the car , it has turned out to be a nice fresh day, No Humidity. tongue.gif
angel
QUOTE (angel @ 25th Jun 2010, 05:39pm) *
I think you are very at the bingo Anne..."good luck" now I going outside to was the car , it has turned out to be a nice fresh day, No Humidity. tongue.gif
...oops , wash the car

angel
tomorrow Sat. is my grandson's graduation from high school so we will be spending the afternoon attending that and then going out for dinner. biggrin.gif
stratson
QUOTE (angel @ 26th Jun 2010, 04:08am) *
tomorrow Sat. is my grandson's graduation from high school so we will be spending the afternoon attending that and then going out for dinner. biggrin.gif

It's a wonderful day in his life. Love the way they celebrate. I attended my g/daughter's in N.J.
My heart was full of pride all in their white dresses. Put on a great display. Memorable.

Today surfaced half past two, am out of sync, for sure.
Got washer going then make a light meal for my son and I. Some life, eh! rolleyes.gif
Anne1
Getting dead excited its nearly time to watch the England Germany match aint I a lucky girl come on England, [cough cough splutter] laugh.gif laugh.gif
stratson
Doing likewise Anne1, hurrying finishing in the kitchen, Dinner all cooked. for later Naturally we will be rootin' for England, hope they kick ass. laugh.gif
angel
what a shellacking for England "big time" I hoped that they would win
Now I will go with a South American team as my favourite....??
angel
I had lovey time on Sat. at my Grandson"s graduation, it was a tad long but nevertheless very well done and he did very well also,afterwards we went out to dinner and had a wonderful evening,food was delicious ,company very sociable and of course the wine was outstanding. rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
Anne1
Congratulations to your G/Son angel glad you had a lovely day out, bet the wine was really good laugh.gif laugh.gif
glasgow lass
QUOTE (stratson @ 24th Jun 2010, 10:10am) *
Today am reflecting on the life of my nephew Jacky who passed away at 3 a.m.
Is very sad, he had his 62 nd Birthday June4th, was the last time I saw him.
Your out of all the misery now son....................R.I.P.

Just read your sad news stratson, I am sorry for your loss,may Jacky rest in peace.
lindamac
I guess our maker takes some of us sooner rather than later Iam so sorry for your Loss dear Stratson God Bless you in your Grief may you be comforted my dearhearted friend.xxxClick to view attachment
stratson
Thank you Lindamac for your words of comfort. smile.gif

Got a busy day at home ahead, ironing first job to be tackled. Looks nice and sunny.
Meantime will have a coffee. then back to bed for a couple of hours.
Heather
I got this in an email today. It will cheer you up. laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iNtOWLS7aY

angel
I decided to shop locally this morning so instead of driving I took my little shopping buggy and walked I was back home again just before 11am
and the heat is already to much, the temp is over 30"cel. and with the humidity reading we are into the 40" cel. and it will get warmer as the day goes on, so whit are you guys doing ? sad.gif
stratson
You have my sympathy Angel and all who are suffering the humidity . Best indoors with air conditioning.
Remember too well the humidity. was dreadful
My daughter tells me there is a heatwave in N.J. Too hot for comfort. mellow.gif

It is blustery showers here today, was a little windswept out shopping(I have my buggy too!)

Just relaxing before bedtime, going to watch some t.v.
Heather
O Boy what a day I had.

I went into Direct Holidays to book a holiday to Tenerife. I got a price then headed off to the Bank to get a chegue drawn up. Waited in a queue, got the cheque then headed back to pay the holiday.
I was totally amazed when the girl on checking up her PC told me she could not accept the cheque, apparently when she tried to book the holiday the price had gone down. wub.gif
I asked if they could just pay the difference into my Current Account, but they could not do that. She said the price of holidays can change up or down during any day.
So I would have to go back to the Bank and get the cheque cancelled and get another one for the new price. So to save any further bother she booked the holiday so there would be no more change's in the cost.
Back to the Bank, wait in another queue only to be told by the Teller she could not accept the cheque and I would have to go back to the Travel Agency and get a letter from them to cancel the cheque. I refused to do that and pointed out I only got the cheque a hallf hour ago and it was drawn on my own Bank Account. So off she went to speak to her Manager who agreed to accept it.
Got a new cheque and back to Direct Holiday for the third time. The girl dealing with me couldn't believe that I was expected to get a letter from them to cancel the other cheque, she thought I was kidding her on. We finally had a good laugh about it.

At least the holiday was 242 cheaper then the original cost so that made it all worth the tooing and froing. smile.gif

So we are off to Tenerife in a few weeks time and taking our two g'daughters with us.
The eldest g'daughter and her brother was with us a few years ago in the same Hotel and it is a really good family Hotel with plenty activities for all ages.
glasgow lass
Whaw what a day Heather!, I book on line its much easier, and use my
credit card, been doing it this way for yrs, couldn't go back to doing it the other way again.
Many times Ive seen the prices change right in fornt of my eyes, got lots
of great deals online can saved a few hundred $ at times, from one minit to another
it can change, all of a sudden I'll see free air, when just a minit before the air was
not included,,, glad you got it all sorted out.
stratson
By the look of the sky will be a rainy day, Very cool. Probably stay home and catch up on household chores.
Mind you rather that than be suffering the humidity and heat of our friends across the pond.

What a carry on Heather to book your holiday, glad it went favourably in the end, Something to look forward too. G/daughters will be jumping with joy.

Haven,t been abroad in a few years. Having said that, no longer have the desire. Couldn,t take all the hassle. smile.gif
Anne1
Got up very early was so stiff and sore now cannae get back to sleep, might as well stay up as im taking my wee neighbour to Drs at 11.30, got to go to Tescos need to get 2 birthday cards again as I cant find the ones I bought on Sunday, Memory please come back all is forgiven laugh.gif laugh.gif
Heather
Lass it would be easier to Book online but I don't have any Credit Cards. I just have my Bank Visa Debit card and it Debit's right into my Current Account.

My husband is the old fashioned type and deals only in cash. He uses his Bank Card to wiithdraw money and he has never had a cheque book. As I said, he is old fashioned. rolleyes.gif
Anne1
Heather I use my Visa debit card to book on line and buy goods it just works same as ordinary visa give it a try
Heather
Aye Anne, provided you have enough money in your Current Account to pay a big amount.
We pay our Electricty, Gas, BT Phone & Broadband, Council Tax etc through my Current Account and we have done that for many years.

If I had paid the holiday by Visa Debit Card I would have been in the RED and I don't like paying interest to anyone and the Banks know how to charge high interest on overdrawn accounts. sad.gif

I did ask the Bank if they could tranfer money from our Odinary Account to the Current Account but they said it would take 4/5 days, so it was easier to get them to give me a cheque.

I do use the Debit Card for smaller amounts but never go over drawn.
I check my Bank Statement every month and square it right to every penny.
angel
Heather I use Visa for so many things , and when the statement comes in
I pay the whole amount then ,I do not pay any interest at all. smile.gif
angel
I,m in and out of these boards like a gas in a peep today, just feeling lazy
I guess, sad.gif
stratson
Join the club Angel. Let's say we are resting! laugh.gif
angel
I'm with you Stratson, anyway its about 720am ,near enough , and I,m going outside to water the plants before it gets to hot, by the time evening comes which is better for the plants I,m just to tired , hope you hava a good day. Today is my youngest grandson's birthday He is now 10yrs
and no stopping him now,so I will be going to attend that wee celebration. biggrin.gif
Anne1
Be good at the party Angel laugh.gif
angel
Anne they had a party for him at the weekend with all of his young friends
and yesterday we just had ice-cream and cake, he did get lots of nice gifts although mainly money,thats what they seem to want nowadays,
buy their own pressie.s, and now I off to get the older boy who comes for supper, tongue.gif
glasgow lass
Great to hear about your grandson angel, CONGRATULATIONS!

I have a long day ahead as yi kin see its jist gone six am,
oh well, no rest for the wicked a hear.Looking forward to tonight tho
Ill be meeting friends in the city for a night out, dinner and a wee bevvy.
Have a smashing day everyone, and enjoy the fab weather this weekend wub.gif
HIHO HIHO! its off tae wurk we go lol, biggrin.gif
stratson
Am planning getting the sewing machine out, have to put tape on inner curtaining for rail on bay window. Eight metres wide. Just too much to sit and handsew.

Other than that very little else. perhaps some ironing.

G/Lass, you enjoy yourself tonight, your only young once. biggrin.gif

Angel, is today a rest day after your company yesterday,
Do you use hose or watering can?
Do you have vegetables as well as flowers? smile.gif

angel
have a great night out lass , I'v just been on singsong dancing with Raul Malo, that's the best I can come up with anymore.

Good morning Stratson, hope you have a good day ,I went to use the sewing machine the other day and darned if I could thread the bloody thing ,so I just hand sewed ,luckily it wasn,t anything like you had to do.
Stratson I don't have vegetables only the flowers and they are in planters
I will use the watering can when I am giving them fertilizer but in general it's the hose I lug around to get to the other plants, I am really not a gardener i just go around and try to keep everything tidy and watered.
tongue.gif
Anne1
Had a lazy day annoyed a few folk so now am going to Bingo to see if a can win a need the money honest laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.