Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
angel
I,m not doing much today but yesterday along with my daughter-in-law
we spent the afternoon just out and about and enjoyed a lovely meal together ,it was also a great day weatherwise, smile.gif
joycewilson
Am off to Gartnavel Hospital, I had a bad eye infection a few months ago and it is coming back they have an open surgery, so I will get up there early....
Tori G
Awe thats not good Joyce, hope they manage to get it fixed for you soon! Getting in early is good sense. When they (doctor's) have a look I would be asking them to use their biggest magnifying glass they have, you never know there could be something minute=tiny, stuck inside.

Back to Topic> Today Im going to cut some branches off some tree's and bushes, then clean up inside the house and do some washing and and etc etc... (a woman's work is never finished sad.gif
Anne1
Had a busy morning so far dropped Nev of at Gartnavel 9am, back to local health centre to Podiatory dept to have my tooties checked out going to have a coffee and take it easy for a wee while
glasgow lass
Woke up to yet another lovely day, altho its been colse to 30c. just going to work
but ah'll make a short day of it so a kin just enjoy this nice weather.
Have a great day everywin. Lass.
stratson
Hope all went well at Gartnavel for Neville Anne. Bet you feel you can fly after visit to Podiatry, I did last week. biggrin.gif

Apart from lazing here at desktop, have been to Dr's., was Preparing veg and fruit etc..

While at Dr's son vacumed house for me, have yet to do bathroom, kitchen and hall floors, not a big job. Run the duster around, all the easy jobs. Isn't it great having all the windows open blowing in the fesh air. Lovely having sunny weather biggrin.gif
Tori G
Hi everyone, good to hear your all enjoying the warm weather, so I wont bore you about ours, lol, oh why not,... rain rain more rain, some sunshine, well that was today, lol.
Glad its the weekend now, be good to have a sleep in tomorrow. Well right now, sitting here with all the lovely people on Gg, may as well as Tim is recording some of his songs, in one respect i'm being serenade lol. The day here is fast approaching the midnight hour, and seeing I dont have to get up early I'll enjoy my time checking out whatever online. :lol

Pennyd hope you feel better soon! Stuarty hope you get your computer fixed.
Anne1
Yes Stratson Nev got on well today doesnt need any more procedures just got to go to outpatients , will get Date approx 6mths such good news for us all, cos last 5 procedures were clear and didnt even take a biopsy today yippee,thanks for news of Stuarty will answer pm later just to much rushing around today
glasgow lass
Anne wan, just read your post and it sounds like a celebration this weekend,think
the cruise did Nev a power of good. Well done Nev wub.gif
Heather
Annewan, it's good to hear Neville is doing well, long may it continue.

I was at Stobhill Hospital today for an Endoscopy.
They sprayed some stuff into my throat then put a mouth piece in to protect my teeth then put a tube throught that and down my throat.
I couldn't stop retching, and thought they would never finish.

Although I got a taxi to the Hospital, on the way home I got the bus into town and got off at the top of St. George's Road so I could walk down the Garscube Road.
It's amazing the changes there are in that area. I hardly recognised any place until I got to the Cowcaddens Underground and it's standing on it's own wee area.

The funny thing is, the Garscube Road looks worse that it did 50 years ago. It looked better when all the tenement building were there. wub.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Good mornin everyone. I woke up wae such a great feeling of anticipation this morning and couldn't wait to get my day started. Its beautiful out, about 20c. Going out with a few friends today for lunch and a bit of shopping, Have a great day you guys,,,,Lass wub.gif
lindamac
biggrin.gif Hello everyone just popped intae say Hiya and tae let yas all know Iam dain well enough just having a much more active life out and about these days not so housebound since my new injection treatment began late last year,the result for me is more mobility which Iam loving of course and it is naturaly very timely indeed since Ive a grandaughter now.

Ive been going out to Lunch shopping and movie day with a friend each Tuesday ,Have my daughter and Grandaughter every day from Friday through to late Monday nights ,we go out Fridays shopping usualy looking at everything tae dae wi babys lol cannae resist buying the wean summitt each week realy she disney need anything but well ye know what ahm meaning ahm sre yees dae mibees al open her a wee bank account insteada all the frilly stuff al think aboot it lol.

On Saturdays Grandad and I take Mikayla out and leave my daughter tae clean oor hoose not a bad wee deal we got gaun therr lol Truth is Iam loving the freedom and added mobility as well as the Happiness of being a grandparent.Mind ye ahm not fully well the now a wee tate slower the noo since got anither chest infection not realy cleared up since the chest and lung infection I had at christmas time howand ever ahm enjoying my daily living so much more and loving my girls with me so much too.

Yesterday Neil and I went to watch our son play his rugby match and we had a walkabout afterwards before heading home tae a clean hoose and the yummy home made sausage rolls Id made for dinner in the morning before ah went oot lol

Todays lazy hazy day like it is for maist folks oan sundays we will likely walk around the lake and wetlands area at our home it is a beuteful sunny morning so thats looking very promising for later oan.Ah luv being a Grandma did ah tell yees that awereadys pals? lol wub.gif
Anne1
Having a quiet weekend cos since coming back fro holiday its been all go with usual Drs Nurses, Hospital appointments, so its relaxey vous for us laugh.gif laugh.gif
joycewilson
Hi All, I have had a great week off work....heading over to see my wee Mum tonight x
Heather
Linda it's good to hear life has improved for you which is just as well as in a short time you'll be running after your g'daughter once she starts toddling about. So you will need to get fit.

It's the day of rest, so I'm resting all day. laugh.gif

What do you make of that Annewan, she is just back from a terrific holiday and now she needs a rest. wub.gif

Hi Joyce, glad you enjoyed your week off. How is your mum doing???
Anne1
Today will be a busy one with family as its Nevs birthday[72] and the family will be calling, also getting my hair done , smile.gif smile.gif
stratson
Spent today at home, had a long lie in bed as yesterday was on my feet all day and worn out.

Spent the afternoon pampering myself, moisturising my feet etc. smile.gif

Happy Birthday to Nev. Anne, biggrin.gif . Enjoy the family and Nev,,,,,,,Aw Ra Best,
lindamac
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 31st May 2010, 06:04pm) *
Today will be a busy one with family as its Nevs birthday[72] and the family will be calling, also getting my hair done , smile.gif smile.gif

Click to view attachmentNeville matey hope yer years a braw yin matey Luv Lindamac xxx
Java
Ocht ah've jist seen this annaw...happy belated birthday Nev biggrin.gif

Ah wish folk wid warn folk that forget stuff that they're forgettin' stuff. huh.gif
angel
grandson is comming for supper tonight and I am still busy getting on with the jobs to be done around the house , ! Keeps me on my toes! , think I will just move to a wee flat. unsure.gif unsure.gif
angel
I,m going to see a variety show tomorrow' Fri.afternoon' in Hamilton Place,
it's called the 'Geritol Follies', I,m thinking that I should feel right at home with this one, Hope it's fun. biggrin.gif tongue.gif
stratson
Enjoy your Variety Show Angel. Good to see your back. smile.gif

Ventured to shops today, was such a glorious day, got some food shopping by which time feet were so swollen couldn't walk, had to get transport home. My son sat me down and massaged my feet with Scholls Rehydrating moisture mousse. Lay back on my recliner, within 1 hour I felt such a difference, it's wonderful for dry feet..

Am about to retire for the night.Bed>>>Shangrila biggrin.gif
Anne1
Hope your feeling better today Stratson take it easy wummin smile.gif smile.gif

going to a 40th Birthday Tea late this afternoon, then gonnae go to bingo tonight, so long since ive had a win a need the money
stratson
Today am going to upload photos taken at Stobhill Hospital of nephew Jackie's 62nd Birthday, my niece took me by car where we were joined by her hubby(just had stent for blocked artery inserted) and their son Ian. Jackie has spent last 6 weeks in hospital, it was a really happy visit.
Isn't it great within mins they will be in N.J. and Aus.

My son got me Windows 7 ultimate disc. Am going to get someone better qualified than I to do it.

Will try and get on with some cooking and cleaning,(story of my life.)

Thank you Anne1, am feeling fine this morning, Hope you and Nev. are doing well.

This is day for making all my free phone calls in U.K. aM GOING TO BE BUSY. laugh.gif
stuarty
am going to watch britain's got talent a wanted to put 100pound on janet cutler to win last thursday a would have got over 1000pounds back but a dont know what the odds is today but a dont think they will be as good as last week nevermind some you win some you loose and a havent even had a bet on the derby see ochayethenoo came second at 5/1 a used to bet a lot but gave it up when a stopped the smoking 6and a half years ago so savin money all around these days a think a will take aww my family on a haven holiday as long as a can take the dog if she is still with us as she is priority at the moment ,,,,,,,a fancy ted spread for the derby 10pound each way so a will see if a would have won mygod a have my gobbldygook heid back on again nothinh new there then laugh.gif laugh.gif
Anne1
Went for a walk today been trying to have a walk every day even if its only a short one, then sat this afternoon sorting thru my i pod, forgot my son had borrowed it,nearly fell of my chair with when Ibiza Anthems blared out, that will be coming off tonight when I figure out how to do it, this technology is doing ma brain in laugh.gif
joycewilson
Got a few hours sleep after my nightshift, then managed to get my living room floor oiled, all set for my new suite arriving Thur.
Back to work tonight then off for a long weekend...YIPPEEEE wink.gif
Anne1
We are of on an outing today we are travelling to South Queensferry by coach then going for a 2hr sail then at 4pm going for dinner at Local hotel,this has been organised by our wee committee in the complex. to be wet in morning but cloudy and dry by lunchtime biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
stratson
Anne1,
Your really with it my friend.
Good idea having a walk every day, they say is the best thing for you. I always try to get out.
Not always possible. Did today, got nearly blown away.

Could you make it to the aquarobic class at the Leisure Centre. I miss all of that part of my life.
It makes you feel so good. Do you have a pool near you.,

Hoping you enjoyed your sail and the evening meal, trust the water wasn't too rough.. TTYL biggrin.gif
Anne1
Thanks Stratson yes we had a pleasant sail and meal the sun came out enjoyed by all but now totally shattered biggrin.gif
Heather
It turned out a nice day Annewan, so I hope it was nice in South Queensferry for you Neville and the rest of the company. smile.gif

Where did you sail to???
Anne1
Hi Heather although it was nice was to rough to go and see Puffin and Seals on island we sailed around the Forth and down by Black Ness Castle under the bridges and thru the old dockyards where we could see Rosyth and Inverkeithing [not exciting but pleasant] biggrin.gif Then we had High Tea in Two Bridges Hotel
angel
that was nice Anne tongue.gif
Heather
Sounds like it was a nice day out for you all Annewan. smile.gif
Anne1
Absolutely nothing recovering from yesterday think will just let Nev pamper me feel a need to be spoilt for a change laugh.gif laugh.gif
stratson
The Landemar day in Rutherglen sounds like a nice outing,quite fancy a visit to it.
Hope the weather dtays dry. unsure.gif

Anne1
Having a quiet day today this ageing proccess cramps ma style a wee bitty, but will force myself to go to Bingo and if am really really good am getting to watch bliddy America v England tonight on tv how lucky can wan person be sad.gif sad.gif
angel
I got my shopping done early this morning,so now I,m home and watching the storm clouds gathering looks like it might be a nasty night ,so I'll just ignore everything and dance to Anne's music from Melody;s sing song thread. tongue.gif
Is anybody dancing...? biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Hi Angel, Hows things with you?
Well another Sunday, the weeks just fly by...I am doing a bit of overtime today just 1pm till 5pm...earns me a wee bit more...catch up later...
Anne1
Nothing on the agenda might go and scan some photos been meaning to do so for ages,promised daughters I would do it biggrin.gif
stratson
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 13th Jun 2010, 01:27pm) *
Nothing on the agenda might go and scan some photos been meaning to do so for ages,promised daughters I would do it biggrin.gif

Have just finished doing precisely that......scanning photos.

Recovering from yesterday after attending Landemar day, Traffic was closed off at Millst/Main Street

Walked to and fro the Arcade, getting some goods at Home Bargains. Had to walk back to Mill street for bus, so the auld bod not in good nic. Will cook dinner and then rest.
They got a lovely sunny day which was great, it was very busy and noisy, plenty police on patrol however all looked and felt a good aura. smile.gif
Anne1
Off to health centre this morning for blood tests great fun sad.gif
stratson
Oh my poor Annwan, you must be feeling like pin cushion by now. rolleyes.gif

Have to go to Health Centre also today, is quite handy for me.

Am still making a clearance of the excesses in my house. Son picking up bags for Marie Curie.

Really should get rid of the lot as am unlikely to get this weight off due to lack of exercise. I live in hope. unsure.gif
Anne1
Me too doll me too laugh.gif
angel
QUOTE (joycewilson @ 13th Jun 2010, 10:59am) *
Hi Angel, Hows things with you?
Well another Sunday, the weeks just fly by...I am doing a bit of overtime today just 1pm till 5pm...earns me a wee bit more...catch up later...

Hi Joyce I,m just fine thanks and hope that you had a good weekend although I see you have been working overtime, No rest for the wicked so they say! biggrin.gif
Anne1
not doing much loads a could be doing but the sunshines putting me off oh any excuse wil do
Just had a phone call wee neighbour needs a lift to Drs Appt, see devil finds work for idle hands
Anne1
Had a busy morning cleaning wardobe fixing out stuff for charity bag soon got fed up got sun loungers out didnt take long for sun to disappear looks like we are going to have a downpour, just got phone call from health centre Blood tests had good results and now wont need anymore iron injection s for at least 4mths and only neeed to up one extra tablet so things are getting better yippee laugh.gif
stratson
Great news Anne1. 4 months to do your own thing, best news is your health has improved. smile.gif

Spent the afternoon with my g/daughter. She has had a bad accident where her left arm and elbow were crushed. All the tendons were damaged. She has had surgery twice,going to take a year for it to be better. She has lost some power in her hand.Elbow was crushed so bad ,part is gone. sad.gif

Anne1
Hope your g/daughter gets better soon Stratson, ive got one xray tomorrow just checking to see if kidney stones gone and after that a should be laffin laugh.gif
Heather
Stratson that was certainly a bad accident. I hope your g'daughter makes a good recovery

I also did a big clearance of my wardrobe last week. Got rid of a whole drawer of t-shirts in good condition but rarely wear them now.

I packed up skirts and blouse's a couple of them never worn. You know the the usual, you buy something that looks lovely then it hangs in the wardrobe for ever.

I took them down to our Parish Hall last Thursday where the Mary's Meals people have tea & coffee after Mass, so they will send the clothes where they are needed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.