Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Anne1
patsy sent you my home email address
patsy
Sorry Anne it still has'nt came through, its getting late I think I will leave it till tomorrow. Maybe you will be able to tell me how to get in touch with Martin. I'm off to bed. as Scarlet O Hara said in Gone With The Wind "TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY" biggrin.gif
Anne1
Patsy have sent Martin a pm for you
glasgow lass
Today am recovering from yesterday lol, a took ma mother for
her annual physical to doctors. She did her fasting for 12hrs so
she was good and ready for aw the tests that she" was to endure " her words of course rolleyes:. So after her exam she came ooty the office
all excited saying tae me oh dont get up hen am no done yit, whits next a says, aye jist a wee bit of blood work and a wee dribble in a bottle
and thats me. Away in to the laddies room wae her empty container
then she comes oot aw happy yelling am done noo, she puts her wee sample doon on counter beside lots of others jist so she kin fix herself
before we go out side, she turns tae get her container to give to the nurse
but forgets which wans hers, well she lets oot such a shreek, "were did ma pee go" Lass a canny find ma pee kin yi help me, so there we were going
through aw the samples till she finally found hers ,,,, the warm one lol.

Anne1
Can just picture the scene Lass was Bridie with you as well laugh.gif laugh.gif
glasgow lass
No Anne she got the day off rolleyes.gif , awk well a must say wee Bridie does a lot
for her as she lives closer to her than I do so am more than happy to do my bit when a can
and a usually end up having a good laugh wae ma mum, shes a funny wummin at times.
lou101
HI ALL.
JUST FOUND THIS SITE BYE MISTAKE,BRINGS BACK LOTS OF MEMORIES FROM POSSILPARK,LEFT THERE IN 1960 TO COME TO CANADA,HAVE BEEN BACK HOME MANY TIMES AND STILL GET ANGRY WHEN I HEAR PEOPLE KNOCKING POSSIL,SOME GREAT PEOPLE LIVED THERE,
I HOPE THIS GETS THROUGH,FIRST TIME TRYING.
Anne1
welcome to the boards biggrin.gif
Heather
Hey Lass, that was funny. laugh.gif

I had a good laugh thinking of you sorting out which sample bottle was your mum's. laugh.gif
RonD
Welcome to the board Lou.
Looking forward to another glorious day here in the 20's, gave me a head start in getting the yard in shape.
patsy
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 2nd Apr 2010, 11:04pm) *
Patsy have sent Martin a pm for you

Anne how do I send Martin a messag? I still have'nt received yoyr pm.
look forward to hearing from you.
Heather
Today Saturday, I spent a few hours clearing up the front garden. I put in some flowers to brighten the place up as the winter killed of some of my shrubs.

Then tonight ( still on Saturday ) we went to the Easter Vigil and it lasted 2 hours & 10 minutes. It did not seem that long with all the Easter Readings, and renewal of Baptismal vows. Then we had three people received into the Catholic Church. smile.gif
joycewilson
Happy Easter All....
Today my brother is finishing making the wardrobes in my sons room, so I will spend a few hours cleaning up and trying to get rid of loads of saw dust.Grrrrrrrrrrr
patsy
Well I had great plans for today, but low and behold, more wind and rain. I think I will take it as it comes, that means living in hope of some dry spells as the day wears on. I stayed put yesterday, so I will try and get out and about today, watch this space biggrin.gif
joycewilson
I woke up early and got all my ironing done...just having a coffee then Im going to get ready to go into town, still got some gift vouchers left from my birthday, also I am going to meet a lady I have been chatting to from another site for coffee, she is stopping by in Glasgow from Nairn on her way to NY....
Anne1
Today was a lazy day for me again just went visiting our daughter had coffee there came home and sat on ma bahookie doing nothing, enjoyed it though laugh.gif
stuarty
am still poorly life is shit and then some me thinks sorry but thats the way am feeling bahhh humbug grrrrrrr
Anne1
cheer up ma wee friend smile.gif
Heather
I went into town today wanting to spend some money treating myself. I saw nothing I liked, all I got was a 400gram ball of aran wool in a nice shade of blue. I'll knit another childs sweater with it.

Oh I forgot, I bought a Maeve Binchy book 'Quentins' I read it a long time ago. I love Maeve's books and will enjoy reading it again. It only cost me 2-50 in the Book Shop in the Savoy Centre.

Stuarty I'm sorry to hear your not feeling too good these days. I've missed you on the Boards.
Maurice has been the same, but he's feeling a bit better now. That's why we did not get away as I wanted to go to Dublin for Easter but he was just not up to it.
Anne1
Off to Health Centre for Iron Injection then on thru to Tillicoutry to the Marks & Spencer outlet to exchange a couple of tops I bought there the other day , maybe even have lunch out laugh.gif laugh.gif
joycewilson
Just been in from work a few hours, did a bit of housework, as my son informed me last night I am going to have a guest for a few nights, so thought I had better move...just having a catch up on line before bed...have a good day everyone biggrin.gif
Heather
Tonight we are going to a Club called 'The Viper' to see ' Saucy Jack and the Space Vixens'.
It's over at Kelvin Bridge, a fair trek for us but the G'son has the part as 'Jack'.

It's on tonight and tomorrow night, so his wee sisters will be staying over Saturday night so his parents can go to see him as it's a Club and the girls are too young to be allowed in.

Right now I am having my porridge and a cup of tea, then I will make a start on the housework.
stratson
Heather, well done your g/son, another entertainer on the boards, you must be fair chuft, good luck to him and enjoy.

Am feeling very cold this morning, so much so bed seemed the better option.
However must press on, after bath/shower will feel warm all over.

See how my legs feel and hopefully get a wee walk. Looks like it might rain.
Och well, we're neither sugar nor salt, we won't melt. laugh.gif
patsy
Stratson, I know what its like when the old legs don't go the way you want them..... Somedays I can walk smart without any problem but like yourself other days it is a struggle. I try and work out when the best time to take paracetamol to get me started , for example I have taken them this morning before my breakfast and I have plans to go into Glasgow, there I will go for a cup of coffee and have another 2 and that will help me till I get back home. As I have said other days I feel like a teenager. laugh.gif laugh.gif I should be so lucky. Anyway I hope you all have a nice day! I also have a daughter who treads the boards, it opens up your horizons!!!!! It takes you places you would not normally go.
joycewilson
Just messing about at home today, looks a like a nice day too...I am doing an over time shift on checkouts later on 6pm till 10pm.
Got my washing out to dry...have a nice Sunday folks.... biggrin.gif
Isobel
Really nice day here, but I have a doctors appointment so must go there. Having my daughter for dinner tonight , she only has an hour then back to school for meetings, so maybe just have a pizza delivered.Don't think her hubby will be here so it gives us some mother daughter time.
Anne1
Today we are of to the Garden Centre to get our plants for our Hanging Baskets and Tubs, and hopefully manage to get them all planted as well,first picking our g/daughter up from work for lunch take her back to Tax Office to and proceed to Garden Centre so a nice wee day ahead smile.gif smile.gif
angel
looks like it will be Anne so enjoy cool.gif
angel
yesterday was a busy day for me ,I did get some yard work done, and also went shopping for some patio furniture which I got ,and today I will just carry on with more yard work and also have dinner with my grandson tonight, O' and take the dog for a walk tongue.gif
joycewilson
Nice one Angel sounds like a nice day enjoy your time with your grandson......I should be asleep as I was nightshift last night woke up after two hours, so thought I would catch up on here and then head back to bed, work tonight...
Anne1
yesterday my lovely wee neighbour was taken into hospital and as her daughter had gone on holiday night before ive been running round trying to help, went to see her today and took usual things in that she would need, and her big worry was Anne I need to pay for your petrol need to pay for stuff youve brought in, after telling her politely what she could with the money, she seems to have settled down they think she has a wee clot on her lung, this wee wummin is up and out some mornings by about 9-15am on Dial a Bus before ive even got my brain in gear, totally independant, loves a wee joke and loves you to sit and Gab with her shes really a pleasure to be with, and she will be 90 xmas week, she phoned me tonight and said dont forget my novel and my crosword puzzles[novel was love story of some kind] dont know why am babbling on here but just thought I would share with you smile.gif smile.gif

meant to say ive put couple of Official Pics of Melissa at competion in Gallery
Anne1
Just back from Garden Centre with last of the plants we needed for our hanging baskets and tubs and guess what its decided to pour wae rain Great Timimg eh laugh.gif laugh.gif
jeep
Snap Anne1. We are also just back from the Garden Centre but it is"nt raining here in Rutherglen.
Maybe it"s still to reach us smile.gif Jeep
beth
I am f for (am I allowed to say buggered?) I have worked all day in the house and garden.I have a cleaning lady and a garden assistant once a week and I think I work harder than them. The house is sparkling, the garden always looks great, I am covered in clabber, having a bacardi before finishing planting the winter seedlings and having a bath. I will have another Bacardi during the bath and then we will sit outside, have a braai and watch a movie. laptops are brilliant. I will probably open a bottle of red wine with my food. That is my usual saturday
Anne1
Sounds a good Saturday to me Beth so enjoy.
Yes Jeep Rain never came to much just disappeared as quick as it came smile.gif smile.gif
Anne1
Just back from Bingo where I won 200 yippee, more holiday spends laugh.gif
Anne1
We are going out to lunch today, then having lazy day reading papers and such like and today also starts our countdown to our holidays, will start my packing tomorrow, roll on cruise smile.gif smile.gif
Java
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 17th Apr 2010, 09:32pm) *
Just back from Bingo where I won 200 yippee, more holiday spends laugh.gif

Mornin' doll...ah know yer wee pensioner brain isny whit it should be...ah think if ye cast yer mind back it wis me wot won it and jist asked ye tae collect it for me...it wis, honest...ask Nev...laugh.gif
Anne1
you are wan wee chancer doll, who says a even told Nev a won laugh.gif
auchenshuggle
got ma chainsaw oot, an pruned the daughters trees in her back garden.
when the sun comes oot, ye start daen things like that, huv ye noticed?.
i must say, it`s a wee change ti be in the garden wi jist a t-shirt on.
a think a need ti either get a new chain fur ma saw, or sharpen this wan,
oh woe is me, the dilemma. unsure.gif
beth
We prune oors in the Autumn. Kin ah borrow yir chainsaw.Ye shood see ma trees
RonD
Beth MDW discovered a lovely SA wine called Beachhouse. Our neighbour is the distributor here in Ontario and we enjoyed last year at our local Jazz festival.

Just pruned my Jasmine bush with a hand saw. There was only big dead branch to be done. "Shuggle," we are fortunate enough to have a fellow who's sets up in the farmer's market each week that sharpens saw and the like for like you I would just buy a new chain to tricky to sharpen the by my self.
Anne1
Supposed to be starting to pack my suitcase but cant get going, then remembered ive got the Podiatrist coming at 1pm hope its not sore cannae stand pain wub.gif wub.gif
Anne1
Just had my feet done magic nae pain yippee laugh.gif
joycewilson
Nice one Anne1 a nice wee start to your holiday eh?
I have just got the dinner on, having a friend of the family in Australia to stay, he has been stranded in Birmingham because of the volcano trouble....told him to come here and stay till theres any signs of something happening, so had to rush arron do my housework and get dinner on the go...lol
auchenshuggle
re. the chainsaw, i think a will jist get another chain ron.d. it`s a wee bit fiddly. today a took the dug up the vets, she wis in a fight wi a fox an got hersel bit. a think the fox came aff worse though, so she`s on antibiotics an painkillers, she hud a couple a jags as well, which perked her up a bit. mibbe that`ll teach her ti come when a shout her noo. sad.gif
Anne1
poor wee dog
auchenshuggle
aye poor wee dog, jist because shes called princess, she thinks she can behave like wan, still fur aw her faults shes a right wee character.
Anne1
Just back from Falkirk got a few last minute bits and pieces for holiday, didnt spend to much dont want Nev tae start moaning, beautiful sunny day thru there but a chilly wind rolleyes.gif
stuarty
Anne1 where you gone on your hollybobblies is it on a boat oh it is a forgote cruise thank god its wisny a plane you would need to hijack a few emu or is that emui well it great packin a get aww excited so a dae am jelous cause a had a great time on mine last year a would love to go on another a have not been in here for ages am so catchyupin the day as my morphine has been spacing me oot a felt as if a was floatin and it was no a nice feeling so a have been cutting down the dose and will find my own level and sort it oot eh ,,,, a hope everybody is feeling ok and the sun is shining but cold at night so am on here ok a must have a pinocchio aboot the gg hoose's ok peeps huggles wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.