Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
stratson
Going to listen to the budget afterwhich will get mobile(hopefully) and get organised for Jordan(G/G/SON)coming to see me also having meal together.
Dreich looking kinda day, would like to try a wee walk.......we'll see! smile.gif
patsy
I have already been to the dentist this morning. I have To go back for a dreaded filling, mad.gif Later on in the day going to my daughters and her family for my dinner. Stratson you are right it is a dreich day, so if you are going out wrap up well
joycewilson
Click to view attachmentWell.....I was back to work last night! So its a sleep for me today just doing a bit of catching up on line before I zzzzzzzzzz
Have a nice day everyone! biggrin.gif
I had a great time at Dublin at the weekend.....just added a wee pic of Olympia Theatre in Dublin I was there at the weekend!

stratson
Hope all went o.k. with the filling Patsy
. Not to worry, I wrap up for the elements, can't stand cold or dampness. rolleyes.gif

Joyce you are defo a groupie, I see your son's show is at the Olympia.
Guess I'd be the same as you.

Staying home today, not doing much, catching up with all my u.s.a. rellies on Facebook.
My youngest g/g/child's photos are posted so will be having a longing lingering look at Alaina. smile.gif
joycewilson
Hi Stratson hows your day been? I dint get as much sleep as I should have as I had a plumber up to see about a leak biggrin.gif
Got a bit of housework done and got a washing on now....work tonight then I am off till Tue...hope you all have a good weekend biggrin.gif
patsy
Did some weekly shopping today, to save me tomorrow,. Q did any of you watch the film on 5 today, I did not see the beginning and wonder why the mother of the 2 boys left home what was the story there? I enjoyed the the bit when the mother of the bully boy tripped and fell on her posteria, in fact I LOL laugh.gif laugh.gif I thought it was one of these film with a few story lines with good acting and one that the whole family could watch in saying that I was watcvhing it myself.... All in all a very enjoyable film.

STRATSON< how is the pain in your leg , are you still getting out and about? , I hope it is much better.
stratson
Joyce, my day has been quite enjoyable,, footered about the house after finishing on Desktop.

My son came round to check if I wanted anything . I told him to come for tea if he wasn't too busy.
Have just made him a mushroom omellette, rustic chips and some beans...... very tasty.!

Glad you are off for the weekend after your nightshift tonight.. Enjoy your weekend Joyce.

Patsy, the pain in my leg has gone, now my feet are being attacked, must be the arthritis. It slows my pace. Och well, what can't be cured, must be endured.

When are you off to Blackpool? smile.gif
joycewilson
Hi All....Hope your weekends a good one....I am having a small refreshment calling it a night cap then going to head to my bed get a few hours sleep before my brother comes over as we are off out tonight...................Have a nice night all wink.gif
Anne1
Going to Glasgow today for World Irish Dancing Championship Competion youngest G/daughter competing, feeling a wee bit rough today thought Id pulled a muscle in my shoulder/chest area but beginning to feel like last time when I had fluid on my lung so will go to Doctors in the morning this getting old isnae any fun honest folks laugh.gif
stratson
Anne, hoping you are well enough attending Melissa's competition. Make sure you have a comfortable seating area. Have never been in Concert Hall, have no idea of seating.
All the luck in the world to your Grandaughter Melissa. Take care.x

Today am at home, expect family. Usual Sunday dinner extravaganza, biggrin.gif
Rabbit
Drinking lots of tea and messing on the computer and listening to music ... Which brings me to an interesting topic!
Glasgow's best, Justin Currie, has a new cd coming out soon everyone should give a listen to this at least and preferably buy a copy. To hear what it sounds like :

http://www.myspace.com/justincurriethegreatwar

or,

http://www.myspace.com/justincurrie

He is also on facebook somewhere ...

Hope you enjoy it.

(Husband is watcing over my shoulder and tells me this should be in the "jokes"section!)
joycewilson
Off into town soon to buy my Grand daughter Murron shoes for her Holy Communion, prob go for something to eat too, a girls day out with her Murron, her Mum and I................
Anne1
Well folks spent the day at Irish Dancing competion in Concert hall, Melissa danced her socks of she was in 100best dancers for her age group but discoverd that was for all of england in the end there was 248 Dancers there from America Canada Australia everywhere in her group so she didnt do as well as she hoped but am chuffed tae bits for her for reaching the Goal of World Championship have put a picture in gallery of Melissa her dad was in a wee huff because they had to wear make for competion [MEN] thanks for all the good wishes, by the way stratson we were up in the gods got up easily getting down was another matter but did enjoy laugh.gif
stratson
Just got out of bed especially to see how the comp. went.
Think it fantastic to have been asked to compete. We know Melissa is a champ, imagine in the world champions, she did well. I was willing her on in my mind. Have no doubt whatssoever your g/daughter is going places. Well Done Melissa.

Hope you are feeling alright Anne, will hear how you get on at Drs. tomorrow. smile.gif
Anne1
Thank you Stratson... What a morning supposed to be first day of british summertime well its snowing here what a start to the day and ive got to go out in it to Doctors, its no fer
Anne1
Been at Doctors not lungs thankfully, strained muscle in neck shoulder area what a relief nae hospital biggrin.gif
angel
that,s good news Anne,,, I,m doing nothing today ,except take the dog for a walk, we are both supposed to benefit from this excercise but i,m not convinced tongue.gif , I,m wiped when I get back tongue.gif
joycewilson
Brill Anne1 well done to your wee grand daughter thats great...
Today I had a long lie and have not did much at all off to my grandsons First Confession tonight...dont know much about theses things lol....
Anne1
Well I wont be moving from home today the snow is lying very deeply already so glad we dont need to go out for anything ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
Heather
I went out just after 9'0'clock this morning wrapped up in a warm coat, hat, scarf, gloves, boots and wearing the thermal underwear. ph34r.gif

I came home two hours later frozen and soaked to the skin with a brolly blown to bits and a splitting headache with the cold wind blowing the rain, snow and sleet into me. wacko.gif

Back to winter!! did we ever got away from it??
joycewilson
Lol Heather, we never get used to it though do we?
Same here popped to shops and its really cold and wet out there.
I have my brother John over doing a few odd jobs in my flat today!
Back to work tonight for me! mellow.gif
angel
its a very nice day here so I will put myself together and get on with my
usual humdrum chores, sad.gif
stratson
Haven't put a foot over the door today, it looks wild and wet out. Haven't seen any snow.
Have spent most of the day in bed, Just had a cuppa and a croissant, no appetite, enough fat on me to last a montrh. laugh.gif

Heather, did you have to go out.? Your a brave one.!

Glad you stayed home Anne1, your so accident prone, best at home in those elements.

Stay warm Joyce on your nightshift. smile.gif
joycewilson
Morning all another cold one here in Glasgow! Finished my nightshift just going to catch up a bit on line before bed, I have to wait around for the postman, as he has a parcel to deliver!
Hope you all keep warm!
Hows things with you stratson? Hope alls going ok for you. rolleyes.gif
Anne1
Morning Joyce, yes another cold snowy day , thankfully I dont have to go out in it, but Nev does he has to pick up g/daughter for lunch [ her weekly date] laugh.gif
patsy
I went to the eye clinic yesterday, for injection. Today I won;t be doing much but I think I will have to get out for a wee while as I get stir crazy laugh.gif I will be phoneing my sister shortly to see if she wants to meet for a wee cup of tea and a blether. Have a nice day girls, whatever you are all doing. biggrin.gif
angel
a very pleasant day here but a busy one , I,m having company for supper tonight and as usual last minute decisions for desert. smile.gif
stratson
Like Anne1 and others am staying home, it's very cold outside,
Really no need to anyway.
Like Patsy there was a time I would have cracked up stuck in the house, not any more, am at the self preservation stage. Hope your eye is o.k. Patsy. -5 out there so be careful, wrap up. smile.gif
patsy
Stratson, I did go out , but I was glad to get back in.... My sister was not as daft as me she declined my invation for a cup of coffee in Morrisons. To crown it all my new umbarella blew inside out laugh.gif . You were right it was freezing.
Do you think you will be able to work in your allotment ths year ? I know you would enjoy out in the fresh air if the weather was good.
I had my 3rd eye injection yesterday. Out of the blue I was diagnosed with AMD a condition that can be serious, but thankfully there is a new treatment ( injections ) which has had a lot of succsess, so I am saying my prayers that I will be one of the lucky ones, as far as it goes, I think it has worked but will have to wait for my next examanation. As it is I have had no problems and can still do all the things I always did. I am very fortunate. biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Hi Everyone.....not long up, had a good sleep....just listening to the news seems the weather in Scotland is bad at places....glad I dont have to venture far to get to my work!
Patsy sorry to hear about your eye, hope the injections work for you.
See you ventured out Patsy an umbrella does you no good out there! lol
Hope your dinner goes good angel and I am sure your desert decision will go down well!
Im the same now stratson....I dont mind not going out...dont know if it is that we have the computer now so there is always something to do.
Well off to see what I am going to have to eat...life is weird when your nighthshift as its breakfast time for me biggrin.gif
patsy
Joyce, I think you are right about having a computer. It certainly passes the time when you live on your own. CHEERS
Anne1
just back from Health Centre where ive had Glucose tolerance test done plus Iron injection so think a wee treat needed here so of to shops for something nice wink.gif wink.gif
stratson
Gosh Anne1, must have been early appt. Get something nice for yourself, you deserve a wee treat. biggrin.gif
Will brave the cold and smile at the sun, have some business to take care of today.

Only wee treat I am having is a Silentnight Bed Topper. Bought a new mattress, ortho, My back is aching, so until my body breaks the bed in hopefully Topper will ease my back. sad.gif
Had a perfectly good mattress, however it was too marshmallow fo my spine.

G/G/SO HAS LAID CLAIM TO IT.
patsy
Well girls that 's me had my filling today. It was no bother at all, I wonder why I get worked up when I have to go to the dentist, maybe it's to do with bad memories of the school dentist, a long long time ago. Remeber those days ,maybe I was just a big fearty.
Stratson, tell me what is a bed topper. I also have a sore back,( some days worse than others ) and I know I definatly need a new bed, let me know if it has helped you.
Whatever you girls are doing the rest ofthe day enjoy it. As the saying goes we are girls till we are nintey. rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
joycewilson
Oh patsy, I remember the bad memories of the dentist when I was young...also getting the gas YUCK...like you my childhood memories have left me a big fearty too!
Well thats another night shift over! One more to go lol thats all I seem to do is count down till im off lol.
Got my brother coming over again today, he started building wardrobes in my sons bedroom yesterday and they are taking shape! they are going to be excellent as he has made them to plan as to what Scotts needs are. Cant wait till its finished and I can clean my house and relax again.
have a nice day all biggrin.gif
Anne1
Your one busy wummin Joyce take it easy laugh.gif
joycewilson
Hi Anne1 hoows it going? Whats your plans for the weekend...wonder wit the weather will be like eh?
stratson
Good Morning ladies,
Having a joiner coming to repair my firesurround.
Hoping to get my bedroom window(huge) washed this morning.
Got some cooking to do.
Easter eggs awaiting the children on Sunday. Ironing needing done.....if have the energy left for it.(any old excuse.) laugh.gif
joycewilson
Hi stratson...sounds like your going to be a busy bee! Suns out for now biggrin.gif
patsy
Top of the morning to you ladies! I have just looked out to see what the weather is like and I was pleasantly surprised, looks it like it isgoing to be a lovely sunny day.
Well I think I will spend the morning getting some house work done, and later as this is good friday attend the stations of the cross. I wonder if there is any children left who hard boil an egg and paint it for easter sunday laugh.gif laugh.gif not many I would think
joycewilson
Hi Patsy, Hope your days a good one! Looks nice out there but it is cold! rolleyes.gif
Anne1
Patsy see you on the board have sent you pms have you received them
patsy
Anne1 Thanks but no I have'nt got your emails. I am about to go to church , then going shopping, I will get back to you later on today , to tryand work out what is going on. Thanks again Anne!
patsy
Anne1 I have sent you a message, I hope it gets through to you alright. You can let me know. THANKS ANNE biggrin.gif
stratson
Just about ready to go to bed, probably did too much(never got the ironing done). I was a busy bee Joyce.

Patsy A Topper is a foam mattress, fitted cover provided with it, it goes on top of your existing mattress, is about 4cm.s thick You then put your own fitted sheet on top,Make your bed the usual way. This foam cushions your bones. I can't quite make up my mind about it because it feels exactly like my original mattress. Soft. Perhaps is defeating the purpose of the orthopaedic mattress.
Will soldier on with it and after a couple of weeks will see if it has helped break in the new one,

Definitely no aching bonea with it Patsy. smile.gif

Goodnight girls.

Anne1
Patsy got pm hope you got reply tell martin if they are not coming thru
patsy
QUOTE (stratson @ 2nd Apr 2010, 08:13pm) *
Just about ready to go to bed, probably did too much(never got the ironing done). I was a busy bee Joyce.

Patsy A Topper is a foam mattress, fitted cover provided with it, it goes on top of your existing mattress, is about 4cm.s thick You then put your own fitted sheet on top,Make your bed the usual way. This foam cushions your bones. I can't quite make up my mind about it because it feels exactly like my original mattress. Soft. Perhaps is defeating the purpose of the orthopaedic mattress.
Will soldier on with it and after a couple of weeks will see if it has helped break in the new one,

Definitely no aching bonea with it Patsy. smile.gif

Goodnight girls.

patsy
STRATSON ! GOOD NIGHT,SLEEP TIGHT
patsy
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 2nd Apr 2010, 10:31pm) *
Patsy got pm hope you got reply tell martin if they are not coming thru

Anne I'm still not getting your mail. How would I contact Martin?
Anne1
patsy swnd me pm like before
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.