Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Heather
Patsy, it's good to hear your g'daughter is ok. But I bet it sure gave you a fright.
joycewilson
Glad alls ok patsy with your grand daughter....
I am just having a chill out night ...fleecy pjs and a lager HEAVEN...a girlie night in lol biggrin.gif
patsy
thanks Heather and Joyce, I think you will agree, when all is well everything is right in the world. smile.gif
joycewilson
Yep true patsy...have a nice day all.
Today I am stuck at home as I have a plasterer in repairing damage to my toilet...will pop to shops when he is done, then get myself ready to pop over to SECC and see my son performing AGAIN lol..could play the parts myself...aww well beats sitting on here all night lol x
patsy
Joyce I don't blame you for being so proud of your son. His play seems to be doing very well. It 's a pity he could'nt get you a walk on part and at least you woul maybe get paid.
That was a joke laugh.gif laugh.gif Like you I will probably just have a snack { or 2} Have a nice day whatever youall are doing..
stratson
Having a day at home,plenty in here to be keeping me busy, mind you, that's not saying it will be done.

Glad all is well with you Patsy(Mamie) Flooring can wait.!

Anne1, am dreading even tackling my wardrobes, I know am never gonna wear most of it again, parting is such sorrow. laugh.gif

Just noticed, half the day is gone and no a dish washed! biggrin.gif

What the heck, am gonna sit down with a cuppa.
joycewilson
Lol Stratson...I know what you mean...Where does the time go? I have got a few things done today, decided to stay at home tonight, sitting here with a dye in my hair and my alarm set for 35 mins lol tongue.gif
Anne1
just finished packing a wee bag we are of to Ullapool for a few days,weve got 3birthdays up there G/daughter Terri will be 21on 20th Daughter Yvonne on 24th and Then wee Fraser 1yr oldl on 31st,wont be going to 21st bit to noisy with music and young folk and probably lots o f boozing[showing my age] so looking forward to sseing them all again biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Awww lovely Anne1 have a great time.
I am going for a drink local with my brother, then we are coming here for dinner then off to the SECC to see my son in Singin Im No A Billy Hes A Tim AGAIN lol biggrin.gif
Elma
I'm packing up all my goods and chattels!!

The people who bought my condo months ago have at last sold their house so that condition has come off my sale, I thought it never would laugh.gif So.... I have bought a small house, still in Kimberley, and will be moving in there at the end of this month. It is brand new so I don't really have much to do, just move in, organize my furniture (I think I have too much!), buy a washer and dryer and there I am, I hope laugh.gif

I'll keep you updated......
Anne1
Hope you will be happy in your new wee house Elma biggrin.gif
stratson
At last Elma. A brand new house, think of the fun unpacking and orgaising your "Chattels" !
Must have seemed like forever waiting for the move.
patsy
Well girls, had a lovely day yesterday ( mothers day) So today I'm taking it easy , long lye and a tea breakfast... I will go out later for a few odds and ends, maybe meet my sister, if she is not too busy with her family. biggrin.gif
stratson
Hello Girls, am doing lie you Patsy, staying home. Glad you had a nice Mother's Day. biggrin.gif
patsy
I've changed my mind about maybe going out, I brought in the rubbish bins about a half hour ago, and it is really damp and cold. So like you Stratson I am staying put.
The only thing is it can be a long day, but between wee naps cooking and tv I think I will be OK. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Anne1
Been out for a walk and I agree its freezin cold up here as well smile.gif
joycewilson
Had a busy day...been parcelling up posters to be sent to venues all day, running around shops to try and get poster tubes...Nightmare!
Finally sat down had my dinner and have been asked to go into work tonight,........so...off to get organised for work..
Had a lovely Mothers day yesterday. Hope you all did too wink.gif
auchenshuggle
today was great, took the dog over the park for a walk , it`s so nice to be able to go out without a jacket on. then i had to fix a hole in the fence where the dog was escaping, so i did that in the sunshine too, out working in a t.shirt about time we had a wee braek in the weather.
RonD
Yesterday, I turned on the A/C in the van as the sun was warm enough I didn't want the it melt chocolate. Funny customers don't like chocolate soup.
joycewilson
Today I.....have cleaned the house fromtop to bottom and am now going to relax and have a few hours sleep later
witshisname
Starting Spring clean-up,got loads of auld furniture to toss oot sad.gif Congratulations on the new house Elma smile.gif
penny dainty
Still on holiday till Monday , so what will i do?
stratson
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 18th Mar 2010, 02:45am) *
Still on holiday till Monday , so what will i do?

Whatever takes your fancy Penny D. All depends where your caravan is parked!

Just enjoy whatever you do. laugh.gif
Anne1
On my last post on here I said I wa packing a bag for quick trip to Ullapool well we had to cut short break as I got a text message saying my sister had had a heart attack so we rushed down the road expecting the worst , then when we arrived at Stirling hospital [Tuesday] there she was walking round about and me expecting her to be wired up to all sorts of machinery, anyway outcome was she was sent to Jubilee Hospital yesterday[wed] and sent home last night they they cut into wrist and inserted wire[not steint] and repaired an artery which had clogged up and caused heart attack and today she was a little sore but full of the joys of spring, what a miracle modern medicine has become when before a heart attack usually meant death smile.gif
joycewilson
Awww Anne1 bet you got a fright....glad it all worked out for your sister and alls not as bad as it seemed for her.
Pity about you cutting your holiday short...but thats what you would have to have done as you would have it on your mind constant.
Hope your weekends a good one.
I fly to Dublin this afternoon there till Sunday looking forward to it biggrin.gif
Anne1
Have a lovely weekend Joyce smile.gif
RonD
Saturday morn! It wizz 18 degrees yesterday . It might rain a wee bit today but ah cannae wait tae get oot in the garden. Right noo its pear shaped so ah wull be cleanin' up the leaves and dea'in' some edging and filling in the holes and rollin' oot the bumps. Planning where 'll put some new perennials. Might even get a load tae the tip. If its really foul weather, ah'll open up a windae an' dae some varninshin'. Its nice tae huv choices in life. wink.gif
ricky1824
The weather outlook for the day here in Glasgow looks fine so we are going" fur a wee hurl doon tae" Helensburgh always been one of our favourite places park up at Rhu have a bit of lunch and then let my wife loose in the charity shops there are quite a few.
Ron D I've been reading some of your' posts and your' family seem to have been near neighbours in the Springburn area Huntershill St to be exact her Granny owned a couple of shops on Springburn Rd one at Huntershill St and one at the foot of the Balgrayhill the name was Woodrow ring any bells?
Anne1
I am jumping the gun a bit here by going ahead to Sunday 28th[instead of today] my youngest grandaughter Melissa is competing in the World Championship Irish Dancing Competion being held in Glasgow Concert Hall Melissa is in the top 100 for her age group, she is so excited about this as I am smile.gif smile.gif
RonD
QUOTE (ricky1824 @ 20th Mar 2010, 11:44am) *
The weather outlook for the day here in Glasgow looks fine so we are going" fur a wee hurl doon tae" Helensburgh always been one of our favourite places park up at Rhu have a bit of lunch and then let my wife loose in the charity shops there are quite a few.
Ron D I've been reading some of your' posts and your' family seem to have been near neighbours in the Springburn area Huntershill St to be exact her Granny owned a couple of shops on Springburn Rd one at Huntershill St and one at the foot of the Balgrayhill the name was Woodrow ring any bells?

I might ahve been in the shop Ricky, after tthe Swimming baths on Kay st. but to a ten year old it was alien territory for someone from up at the other end of Acuhinairn Rd.
RonD
QUOTE (RonD @ 20th Mar 2010, 10:52am) *
Saturday morn! It wizz 18 degrees yesterday . It might rain a wee bit today but ah cannae wait tae get oot in the garden. Right noo its pear shaped so ah wull be cleanin' up the leaves and dea'in' some edging and filling in the holes and rollin' oot the bumps. Planning where 'll put some new perennials. Might even get a load tae the tip. If its really foul weather, ah'll open up a windae an' dae some varninshin'. Its nice tae huv choices in life. wink.gif

Wel I raked leaves and dug up some fo the garden and generally tidied up. Good thing I did, today has been awful with a bout of food poisoning.
angel
Anne , Hope your grand-daughter does well in the irish dancing competition. Losey day here, think I,ll sail away once again to Sanzibar,
anybody interested. sad.gif
RonD
I haven't been to too many feiseanna but I do enjoy watching Irish dancing. I remember at the British show a few years I was watching a demonstration and I was quite taken with the colourful outfits and the curly wigs. It is especially nice to see the young girls keeping a straight face and engrossed in what they are doing. I chuckled to myself when I caught the eye of a eight or nine year old with her serious demeanor, she happened to look at me and I winked at her and she almost broke into a smile but caught herself at the last minute. Made my day. biggrin.gif
Heather
Aye Rond, Irish Dancing is a very strict discipline.

Straight back, arms straight at your side, eyes straight ahead, and of course straight face but with a pleasant look on it to show your enjoying yourself. laugh.gif

I didn't actually go to Irish Dancing but we had to learn some Irish dance's every year in the Youth Club for our St. Patricks Day Concert.

I think I told this story on the Board another time.

We were learning the Irish Washer woman one year and when we had to flick out our skirts we started carrying on. Not knowing the Priest was standing at the back of the hall watching the rehearsal, we flicked our skirts that high you could see our knickers. He banned us from doing it, we had to learn another dance instead. laugh.gif
stratson
Now here's a Champion Irish Dancer. Anne1's g/daughter. Good Luck for Sunday Mellissa. hugs&xxx
stratson
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 22nd Mar 2010, 12:54am) *
I am jumping the gun a bit here by going ahead to Sunday 28th[instead of today] my youngest grandaughter Melissa is competing in the World Championship Irish Dancing Competion being held in Glasgow Concert Hall Melissa is in the top 100 for her age group, she is so excited about this as I am smile.gif smile.gif

and not a bit of wonder about that Anne, am all excited for both of you.

You know she will skate it....nae bother tae Melissa.
Anne1
Thanks Stratson I couldnt find that photo of her laugh.gif
Heather
Melissa sure is a lovely wee girl. Good luck on Sunday Melissa. smile.gif

I picked up some more dead plants in the garden today and raked out a bagful of moss from the back garden.

Then I looked out an old video of some shows I taped years ago.
I did some knitting whilst watching: The Steamie, Rab Nesbitt's Christmas Greeting and The Bells of St. Mary's. smile.gif
patsy
Anne what a lovely wee girl. In fact I think she resembles you! The dresses are a work of art on there own !!!! Good luck on sunday, Anne I'm sure you wil be sticking your chest out with pride. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
QUOTE (angel @ 22nd Mar 2010, 06:42pm) *
Anne , Hope your grand-daughter does well in the irish dancing competition. Losey day here, think I,ll sail away once again to Sanzibar,
anybody interested. sad.gif

I might be angel, Ive not been away in nearly a month sad.gif
angel
gee Lass you must be bored already tongue.gif
angel
What a beautiful photo Anne, she is a winner even if she never dances biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
aye angel maybe we kin have a wee drink in the pub, you might need wan if your going on
hols with me laugh.gif laugh.gif
stratson
Today will be like yesterday, at home. Did nothing. Have to smarten up my ideas today as my g/g/son will be coming for dinner tomorrow. Probably prepare it today.
Feeling so tired past couple of days.......maybe am just lazy! laugh.gif

Just read back posts and read of your sister's heart attack Anne1, I agree, we are so lucky we are in the age of all this technology. Pleased sister is doing well. smile.gif
angel
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 23rd Mar 2010, 01:41am) *
aye angel maybe we kin have a wee drink in the pub, you might need wan if your going on
hols with me laugh.gif laugh.gif

..................................Lass we could go see Wellie in sunny Cal. he has a swimming pool... ha ha
angel
Stratson hope you are feeling better and a bit more energized soon. tongue.gif
Gemini
Anne1 funny you should mention the competition I had to work at the bingo last night and another worker who is originally from Ireland came to me to tell me her daughter was leaving Friday for Scotland as she is competing also big affair then I take it, just looked at the picture what a lovely little lass she is and I wish her all the luck in the world.
Heather
I went into town today to see if there was anything nice I could treat myself to, like a couple of new sweaters, and some new flannelette sheets. I got nothing!!!

Why do the shops think we need to have so many cushions in our homes?? All we need are a decent choice of cushion covers.

I was nearly lost trying to get out of the St. Enoch Centre. I couldn't find the stairs to get down to street level as I had gone in through Debenhams. I had to wait for an elevator to get down and I came out into Argyle Street.

There is what looks like new Flats being built in Argyle Street right round into Miller Street.
The building has thick netting around it but it looks right a balcony right round the flats on each level. Surely it can't be new a new Office Building.

Another row of shops have been demolished and left an empty ugly space.

George Square is a mess with an Art Fair being held there.

I wish I had taken the camera with me to take photgraphs of the place's I have mentioned.
stuarty
a hope the wean wins anne1 she is so pretty and will break a few hearts along the way
joycewilson
Good luck to Mellisa Anne1 thats brill....keep us updated!
Today I have just finished an ironing and thought I would pop on line and have a coffee before I shower and head to the shops...back to work tonight for me!
I was in Dublin at the weekend had a beill time though Very Expensive!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.