Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
patsy
I will second that Anne1 good luck to you today. Stratson it is good to here that your leg seems a bit better, that can only be good news. Enjoy your walk. CHEERS!!!!
stuarty
anne is that the independance of the seas because you are stopping at all the places i went last year you will have a ball a could go back again a tell you the shows on ice and the singers in the entertainment lounge are great everything is food is fantastic welldone
wellfield
Studying the California Drivers handbook!...have to renew licence and take vision and written test before the end of the week..now that I'm 70!!...have to wait in line for hours owing to the State and Government cut-backs!...who would have thought that happening in California..we used to be the richest State in the Nation....now almost bankrupt!!!
patsy
Is'nt it great wakening up to the sun streaming in the widow! There seemed to be much more activity going on outside to, it is amazing what a bit of sunshine can do biggrin.gif I am off to Hairmyers hospital this afternoon, I have a problem with my eyes, but thank god I am able to get treatment for it. I better get organised and get on with it.
Heres to a good day laugh.gif
stratson
Hi Patsy(Mamie). Hope all goes well with your eye appt.
Yes the sun streaming in the window is great but Hey, it's still bitter cold.
Later in day if it gets warmer, it should as is to be 6c. will have a short walk around the park
Will attempt some ironing, pulley contents should be dry.
biggrin.gif
patsy
Stratson ,you are right about the cold. The snow was still lying thick in East Kilbride and Hairmyres, it was absolutly freezing, talk about needing your fur coats and fur drawers, it was bitter.
The good news is it went well today as far as my treatment went, I go back in a months time and I feel very positive about the results . biggrin.gif
Hope you enjoyed your walk.
MAMIE
stratson
Mamie,
It was lovely and sunny, no snow in the city. I went to M&S, boughta Thomas the Tank, little jacket with matching cotton shirt , little Thomas denims a suit. Got a 3-4 year old, looks kinda big.Had a donor then got ona bus to the Asda, made some purchases and taxi home.
Enjoyed the freedom, my leg is feeling alright.

Am so glad your feeling positive about your eye treatment. So very important.

Anne. biggrin.gif
wellfield
QUOTE (stratson @ 1st Mar 2010, 03:43am) *
So it's back to reality Annewan. Hope all goes well!

Today am just so happy to see the sun shine. Have just got the wash up on the pulley.
Leg feels a lot better although still swollen, hope to get for a walk in the afternoon with my new best friend>>>>walking stick.

No cooking, have all my meals delivered, such a toff! laugh.gif

Hope you get better stratson...don't like the sound of that walking stick...no fun at all.
patsy
( Another dollar another day) looking out the window, the sun is shineing looks very nice,hopefully it will feel like that when we go out and about. I will do a bit of shopping and have my hair trimmed today, other than that probably bump into somebody for a wee blether.
Have a nice day to you all, and whatever you do enjoy
( MAMIE )
stratson
Staying home today, no sunshine in my area yet. The gardeners will be getting busy up at the allotments, this is when all the hard work is done. Can't believe I once took it in my stride.

Talking of meeting someone for a blether. I'd need to be fluent in a few languages as my area has changed so much. Can remember when I knew everyone it took an hour or so to get shopping done. Those were the days. sad.gif
Anne1
Been shopping today with my daughter Yvonne who wanted to buy Jeans & Trousesa which she got after we trailed all the shops at Falkirk and I managed to pick up a few wee things[wish they were wee] for my holiday laugh.gif laugh.gif
elso
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 3rd Mar 2010, 04:52pm) *
Been shopping today with my daughter Yvonne who wanted to buy Jeans & Trousesa which she got after we trailed all the shops at Falkirk and I managed to pick up a few wee things[wish they were wee] for my holiday laugh.gif laugh.gif
Holidays seem a long way off,where are you of to Anne? iam of to our wee but n ben in Spain in May for a wee week,just to tidy up b4 the letting season begins! then off for a month in August!
tammy
Enjoy yoru cruise Anne...sounds lovely! Phil and I are trying to book a trip to Scotland for this August. Hope we can manage it with our work schedules. Been a while, this time it will just be the two of us. Took the girls to Mexico for 10 day before Christmas, the sun was lovely and met a couple from Glasgow that we made friends with and hope to see when we come over. And another in England who I chat with almost daily...so nice!
Anne1
Elso we are off on a Med Cruise a golden wedding present from our 6 kids smile.gif where abouts do you go in spain we usually go to costa blanca
Anne1
Hope you make it back to Scotland for a holiday Tammy
Anne1
away to health centre for Iron Injection only 4 to go after this one smile.gif
joycewilson
Hi All,
Hope everyones ok...I have had a bad few days as I have had an eye infection, been to Dr and Victoria which both gave me the wrong medication...decided to go to the optition yesterday and she sent me to Gartnaval eye clinic..who gave me proper medication...so heres hoping...just popping to my dr with letter from the hospital this afternoon...need a wee walk outdoors as I have been in here and not been able to come on line much either as the light hurts my eye...take care all catch up later....
patsy
Joyce, hope all is well, with you.... Take care you won't be long till your back on the board. laugh.gif
patsy
going into Glasgow to do a bit of shopping, later tonight attending a world day of prayer for all the churchs in our area. biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Cheers patsy...getting there now...back on board biggrin.gif
I am not sure what to do today, I have been off work all week and as my eye has been sore when light hits it have not been able to go out at all....medication seems to be working now, so I might wander over to the shops for a wee stroll just to get some fresh air...hope you all have a good day x
Elma
I'm doing the same Patsy, well not going into Glasgow - bit too far laugh.gif but I am going to the World Day of Prayer this afternoon. It will be held this year in the Anglican Church. Each church in Kimberley takes a turn, last year we, the Presbyterian Church hosted it. It is great to get together with everyone from the different denominations and after the service we have goodies and coffee to round off the afternoon.
stuarty
i had to wait in so my medication would be delivered but it is a fast service from surgery 2 days not bad atall and my Stuart and his wee darling of a girlfriend Emma were visiting me 3day Enna gets made redundant at end of month so she was job hunting thismorning and they will be moving into a flat together if she gets the job ,also I have the district nurse seeing me nect week ad blood pressure is so unstable and my walking has deteriated big time so Im very down in the dumps as the hospice doctor wants to see me also so this is all happened today well thats life a suppose
stratson
Sorry to hear your not feeling so hot stuarty, I always used to say when a wis wee, it'll be alright the morra, usually it was. When you watch "Five Days" tonight your mind will be taken off aw yer troubles, a canny wait, it ends the night so ye'll get aw the answers................. unsure.gif .

Will call you tomorrow, will wait ti late afternoon in case the boys are round seeing you.x
Anne1
Keep your chin up Stuarty and once again thank you for your lovely gift Nev and I both enjoyed it so much[still got some left] smile.gif
patsy
Stuarty, you have a good friend in Stratson... Heres hopeing all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well. wub.gif
Elma
Been thinking about you stuarty during this week. I hope you will be feeling a bit better soon. As Patsy said you have a good friend in stratson and Stuart's girlfriend sounds like a keeper biggrin.gif Wish I lived a bit closer. wub.gif
patsy
stuarty , you seem to have so many good people around you, I know you appreciate them, and they will help to keep your spirits up. With their help, I hope today will be a little easier for you.
( Mamie)
stratson
Hoping to get to the B&M Store which recently opened in Woolworths old premises in Shawlands.

It's very good. Can remember years ago bringing lots of shopping from their store in Clevelys on my many trips to Blackpool. Apparently they have branches in Scotland now.

Prefer Shawlands to Victoria Rd, Even Argyle St. no longer is the same.

Joyce, hoping your eye has improved and you can be yourself again. Take care.! smile.gif

Nice to see Tammy back on the boards. Hoping you make it in August and the weather is nice for you. biggrin.gif

patsy
Stratson, there is a B&M store In Birkenshaw. I have bought a few odds and ends from it. You must be like myself , Blackpool is a handy place to go if you want away for a weekend. With the weather getting a bit better I have been thinking about booking up shortly for a wee break.
I was there about 4 months ago with my sister and I thought the hotel was terriable, I prefer Blackpool Promotions.
Cheers laugh.gif
stratson
Patsy, have never used the B/pool promotions. It all depends onthe type of break you want.

I always went to the S, Shore, , it changed, like every town, has problems.

Last few years went to far North , near Gynn Square, Always used the Mon-Fri. deal H/B which varies in price depending on season.

Have had good reports about B/pool Promotions.....Go for it, just be careful which hotel you choose.

I have no plans to travel anywhere right now, If things stabilise, who knows where.? biggrin.gif
Anne1
we are going to have a nice quiet peaceful day today as the last of my kids went home this morning so now we are getting back to normal[whatever that is] smile.gif smile.gif then maybe try the bingo tonight cos yesterday afternoon got 170 think my luck is in
Heather
Annewan, if you keep winning money like you have been doing, you will be getting banned from the Bingo. laugh.gif

When you buy one of those millionaire mansions will you invite us for cocktails??
Formal dress of course. laugh.gif
patsy
QUOTE (stratson @ 7th Mar 2010, 01:02pm) *
Patsy, have never used the B/pool promotions. It all depends onthe type of break you want.

I always went to the S, Shore, , it changed, like every town, has problems.

Last few years went to far North , near Gynn Square, Always used the Mon-Fri. deal H/B which varies in price depending on season.

Have had good reports about B/pool Promotions.....Go for it, just be careful which hotel you choose.

I have no plans to travel anywhere right now, If things stabilise, who knows where.? biggrin.gif

Stratson, I have been a few time with B/pool promotions, and a plus to that is you get a travel pass which is a big saving that is if you like to jump on and of the buses and trams.... Also, I think the hotels they use are much better than the other operaters,,, The last time we went was with Caladonian , the hotel was St Elmos, and I would not recommend it to anyone....... CHEERS biggrin.gif
Anne1
Another quiet day for us going for coffee in our complex at 2.15 and then quiet night in front of TV[a sign of aging I think] smile.gif
Heather
Having a bad day ranting and raving with a Manager at Scottish Gas.

Our Central Heating boiler was cutting out but as my husband was a Plumber & Gas Fitter he knew how to re-start the boiler but as he knows nothing about the modern gas boliers he wouldn't do anything else so we decided to get a Scottish Gas engineer out before the boiler broke down.

A young woman engineer came out last Wednesday and as she needed a new part came back on Thursday with it.
After she left I looked at the boiler and knew right away it was not running properly, she had the heating set at minimum and the temperature was at 80 degrees.
The next day the boiler would not come on and we were sitting here freezing. I called Scottish Gas and another engineer came out late afternoon. He was the house 10 minutes and after he left we noticed the that although the heating was on it was still running at 80 degrees with the temperature still at mimimun.
We can't even get a decent shower as we usually keep the hot water setting at two, now at that setting we get scalded.

So back on the phone again today slightly angry and we have another engineer coming out tomorrow.
I told the Manager if this engineer is as incompetent as the other two, they need not send us a bill as we have been left with a problem we never had before and I'll see them in Court first before I pay them. I will also sue them as we will have to pay another Company to sort out the problems to our heating that was caused by their incompetent engineers.

We will have to phone Ariston in England to get advice on which Company in Scotland can repair the chaos to our heating system caused by Scottish Gas.
penny dainty
Used to play a game in the Browniies called My BOILERS BURST, couldnt help but remember that when i read you story Heather, man that wasnt yesterday either lol.
Well we took a wee trip down the Gold Coast today and visited Movie world , got my photo taken with Java, tried to post it but for some reason i can't so you will just have to picture in your mind the dainty wan wi a big green ogre draped over her shoulder.Good photie too , shame i canny post it. biggrin.gif
stratson
Today will go for short walk after I have tidied up a bit.

Am so used to cooking dinner every day am feeling a kind of void now that I don't have too,

Pleased to be feeling well though, Nice wee bit of sunshine would be nice.

Patsy, the ST Elmos would not be my cup of tea.

The Claremont on N. Shore is good, near to town and entertainment. biggrin.gif
Heather
We had another Gas Engineer out this morning and he finally fixed our Central Boiler.
It was exactly as we thought, the first one put the circuit board in upside down. rolleyes.gif

He didn't know he was talking to an old tradesman. Maurice just sat there smiling and shaking his head at the way this guy tried to bamboozle us with a load of tripe. Even I knew he was talking nonsense, especially when he denied his colleague was incompetent when she made such a silly mistake.
Maurice told him I might sue the Gas Board for getting scalded when I was taken a shower because of her error. laugh.gif

RonD
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 9th Mar 2010, 07:52am) *
Used to play a game in the Browniies called My BOILERS BURST, couldnt help but remember that when i read you story Heather, man that wasnt yesterday either lol.
Well we took a wee trip down the Gold Coast today and visited Movie world , got my photo taken with Java, tried to post it but for some reason i can't so you will just have to picture in your mind the dainty wan wi a big green ogre draped over her shoulder.Good photie too , shame i canny post it. biggrin.gif

Here Penny, a photie o' you an' Java. Ah thjink java must huv put a hex oan it,w when you tried becasue it didnae show aff her new stache. Sorry ah must have double clicked smile.gif It let me post the smalle thumbnail but it wouldn't let me post the expanded version. Anywey yeez get the idea.
penny dainty
Cheers very much for that Mr.D biggrin.gif
stratson
Is a lovely sunny day, perfect for walking. Will try a look around the local shops. Who knows how far ? rolleyes.gif
Anne1
Been to health centre had blood tests done had iron injection now going to sit back and take it easy wink.gif also shopped in Asda spent a lot more than I intended
patsy
well the weather has certainly taken a turn for the better. I'm off to buy flooring for the bathroom, it is not before time, as I have been talking about it for ages. Well everybody enjoy your day whatever you are doing, to be able to get out and about is a great blessing.
I enjoy having my breakfat with Mathew wright at 9 15 on 5, it starts my day. I think he can be too arragant at times, but better than watching Jeremy Kyle. laugh.gif laugh.gif MAMIE
Anne1
Mornin Patsy[mamie] cant stand Jeremy Kyle think he exploits people on his show have a nice shop laugh.gif
patsy
Anne 1, I agree he is sooo full of his own importance, what gets me is how he struts around the stage shouting at all these poor souls depending on him to cure their ills. I think Graham should have this show, he comes acros as genuine and has a more compassionate manner.
Thats my gripe for today . laugh.gif laugh.gif
stratson
Hello Mamie and Annewan, my day has always started with Jeremy Kyle, This morning is the first time in ages have turned channells as they are all repeats , the one's today are particularly depressing. sad.gif

Mamie, have you decided on colour for bathroom flooring? Hope you get what you'd like. Enjoy! biggrin.gif

patsy
good morning Stratson, I believe the in colour is ash grey, colours come and coours go, so I think I will see how that looks. Funny enough, I watched J K this morning , it was depressive subjects, he was slightly better in handling them this morning, but I think the program is all about himself, I much prefer Trisha, she manages not to make herself the important one, and to me comes across more genuine.
joycewilson
Got my line from doctor for work go back on Tue night....does get boring when your no well!
Saw a bit of Jeremy Kyle today it was actually ok for a change...the wee boy Keith who was murdered by Hindley and Brady, his Mum was on it....
Thinking of popping into town to get a nice new outfit for Dublin! x
Anne1
whats on in Dublin Joyce or have I missed something rolleyes.gif

Today Ive been busy clearing out wardrobe I get bored quickly doing this so have stopped and started a dozen times ,a wee cup o tea, a wee phone call, now a wee look in here but definetely got to finish son as every thing is on the bed, screammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wub.gif
patsy
there was a change of plans today. I was just going out the door when the phone rang. My g/daughter, had been taking into the hospital for observaion, the flooring for my bathroom went out the window, I had more to worry me. Thankfully all was well and she was discharged later on in the day.... So again girls, alls well that ends well. biggrin.gif I hope you all had a lovely day. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.