Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Anne1
YOUR ON DOLL laugh.gif laugh.gif
Anne1
Going for a wee shop look about[Nev says thats more expensive] nothing in mind but ever hopefull laugh.gif laugh.gif
Heather
Not a decent think on the TV this afternoon so I watched again, the first two episodes of, ' Anne of Green Gable's. As the weather forecast said it will be cold tomorrow, I will watch the next two episodes.

It reminded me of Annewan. Hi carrots. laugh.gif
Anne1
Your gettin awfy cheeky tae me Heather carrot Top Indeed laugh.gif laugh.gif
Heather
When my sister was over from America two years ago, she brought me the full series of: 'Anne of Green Gables' DVDs. She knew it was my favourite book from my school days.
It's has an episode added on that was never in the book, but it's good and I have watched those DVDs so many times I'm sure Maurice will hide it one of these days. unsure.gif

Sorry Carrots. laugh.gif
Anne1
Wish Maurice could hide you ohmy.gif laugh.gif
Heather
So does he. sad.gif laugh.gif
joycewilson
Lol awww Heather we wouldnt wanna hide you!
Hows everyone?
Im having my Mum and her friend over for lunch later todat then I prob will get a sleepfor back to work tonight, only three nights in this week then off a week! YIPPPEEEE
Anne1
Morning Joyce laugh.gif you will be looking forward to your week off laugh.gif
Heather
Aye Joyce, a whole week off and you can take Annewan out and help her spend all the money she keeps winning at the Bingo. That's if she didn't spend it yesterday when she went a dauner round the shops. rolleyes.gif
Anne1
Had a little trip to Falkirk today got Nev a couple of new shirts poor me got nowt sad.gif smile.gif
Anne1
just packing a wee bag as we are of to Ullapool for a couple of days, hope the weather holds laugh.gif
Heather
Have bag will travel. That's our Anne & Neville. wink.gif

I did an ironing today, right down to the last hanky. smile.gif
joycewilson
Hi Anne1 have a lovely few days away.....Hi Heather hows you? Im just having a chill out day, going into town tonight for a few drinks with on line friends...should be a good night....hope your all having a nice weekend...
stratson
Today am doing chicken cream and wine casserole, savoy cabbage Charlotte pottatoes.
For dessert Treacle sponge pudding and hot custard for my son and I.

Washing finished,all hanging on pulley!

Will ponder over a coffee what to do next?
joycewilson
Hi All, Just going to mess about on line all day be lazy..might have an afternoon voddie then a nap lol just gonna have a ME day.....
Hi Stratson, how are you? Pulley...wow my Mum still has hers they are great wish I had one...
Heather
Joyce, I've had a pulley for years they are great especially for your woollens. smile.gif
joycewilson
Yeah Heather my Mum has one too.
Hows everyone today?
I have started painting the doors in my hall....oooopsss was it the doors or me I was painting lol.... biggrin.gif
stratson
Hi Joyce, your Mum is a wise woman, I wouldn't be without my "Pullely"'

Your entitled to take it easy, your a hard working girl. biggrin.gif

Have just put up another washing.

Was at Doc.s today, it is bitter cold, am now relaxing on my recliner.

Leftovers from yesterday for dinner this evening, minus the dessert.

Enjoying popping online at my leisure. smile.gif
penny dainty
well been getting ready to take the van on the road for three weeks, holidays here i come .
stratson
Have a rerr time Penny D. biggrin.gif

Will be doing the same as yesterday, only a little less. Languish on my recliner later. Aye, it's a great life. laugh.gif
RonD
QUOTE (Heather @ 15th Feb 2010, 01:22am) *
When my sister was over from America two years ago, she brought me the full series of: 'Anne of Green Gables' DVDs. She knew it was my favourite book from my school days.
It's has an episode added on that was never in the book, but it's good and I have watched those DVDs so many times I'm sure Maurice will hide it one of these days. unsure.gif

Sorry Carrots. laugh.gif

I live not to far from a town where Lucy Maud Montgomery lived from 1911 until 1926. She was from Prince Edward Island but moved there with her husband who was appointed minister of the local church. She wrote many of her Anne of Green Gables stories here. There is an active LMM society which has bought the manse and the old church. If I think of it I will take a picture of the historical plaque , the manse and the church and post it..
joycewilson
Hi All,
Not long out of my bed had a late night last night, went to my Mums and got home about 10.30pm then sat on here with a few voddies...Relaxing with my time off work...well I did paint some doors yesterday and plan to finish the hall today or tomoz...my sons back at Rutherglen town hall with the play SINGIN IM NO A BILLY HES A TIM...so am going there tomoz night and then for a few drinks...enjoy your day all xxxx
lindamac
Stratson the cards came yesterday ma dearhearted friend so ahm Just saying tae ye and awe here a warming Thanks! especialy to you Stratson for sending me and my daughter beuteful Baby cards,My Heather and I were so delighted to recieve so many from yas,Thanks to all including oor Annewann and petalpeeps tae LOL

Please accept this 100 quid note and make sure oor Stratson ,Annewann Petalpeeps,PennyDainty and awe the rest of yees that shared in oor delight and also spoke out well wishes to us regarding our baby Girl Mikayla Rose right here on these boards.whomever wants a wee drinkie oan me , get wann wull ye,moneys with the bartender oan duty.cheers& Many many Thanks tae awe! who sent me and my wee lassie Congratulatory cardsand well wishes on the birth of her daughter& my wee Grandaughter luvyas heaps for being so thoughtfull cheers! xxxxLindamac xxxxxxxxxClick to view attachment
stratson
Still resting this leg, back to Doc's tomorrow.
It's funny how when you have to rest you think of all the things you should be doing, when your fit your thinking of what you can avoid. Am a great putter offer. laugh.gif
Anne1
Me too Stratson and ive also got Health Centre tomorrow for Iron injection what a pair of lame ducks eh laugh.gif
Heather
I'm great at puting off things I should be doing, to another day.

I was more organised when I was working and got through more on a flexi day off than I do now I have all my days off. Still who cares, as my mum always said ' the house will still be here tomorrow'.
When we were older it made us laugh when mum said that, as before we got married we were not allowed out on a Friday night. Our 5 apt. house was taken apart and cleaned from top to bottom every Friday night. We older one's had our chore's and God help us if they were not done properly. Then there were the chore's mid-week that we had to do before we went out.
Who remembers the lavender floor polish? We started with the polish at one end and worked our way down the room floor then went back to shine it up. rolleyes.gif
It bugged me that our brothers were not expected to do anything as housework was women's work.
Friday is still my house cleaning day. My Doctor told me I'm a slave to my genes.laugh.gif
stratson
Yes Heather I remember the lavender floor polish, I was the only girl at home.(Lila was married) so it all fell on me, my brothers had to do other chores, I always resented being a skivvy.

We are so lucky nowadays with all our mod cons.

Don't suppose it did us any harm. smile.gif

Hope it's not too sore Anne getting your iron jags I got a course of them many years ago, they hurt. Looked like a they were for horse's .
Never mind pal, we are made of strong stuff. smile.gif
joycewilson
Oh well last day of my wee holiday from work...back tonight for two nights then off till Tue...need to get my ironing all done today for going back... sad.gif
Anne1
Didnt get out today, the roads in complex werent cleared til about 1 hour ago, so no injection no shops, and then we found out one of neighbours was found dead in his house so all afternoon its been police ambulances, then finally undertakers arrived, such a sad end to a very nice man
stratson
O.M.G. Anne1, must have been a terrible shock for you. It has been a miserable day.R.I.P.

Will your Dr. take you tomorrow or do you have to arrange another appt.
Hope your feeling alright.

You should have seen the state of me hobbling in to surgery holding on like grim death to my walking stick. The auld legs very shaky. Saw Dr, am going to the New Victoria tomorrow 9.a.m. to have leg x-rayed., pain has never ceased, she says it's not D.V.T. Hope she's right.
Be glad to get diagnosis.

Home Services brought the first 2 weeks meals today, they certainly look very fresh.
Will start on them tomorrow, no more standing in the kitchen preparing meals.
Certainly a life of leisure. rolleyes.gif
joycewilson
Awwww Anne1 sorry to hear about your neighbour...thats sad.
Hope you manage to get to the doctors..is the snow still bad?
Hi STratson sorry to hear your having a bad time with your leg.....hope you get sorted.
You having meals delivered then?
Went back to work last ngiht after my wee break, just tonight to go and I am off again...need to finish painting my hall at the weekend not much to do so may as well get it done.
Hope everyones doing ok....
Anne1
Morning Joyce, got another appointment for Iron Injection this morning, snow seems to have stopped so will get out and about just shortly, you will be looking forward to you time of again eh
Hi Stratson hope you get on alright at the Hospital keeps us informed och theres life in us old girls yet biggrin.gif
patsy
good morning girls,!!!!! well I have had a long lye, and still feel tired, what does that tell you, either I am a lazy so and so or age has crept up on me. Stratson , you will be glad to get to the hospital today, whatever is causing the pain, they will get to the bottem of it. Anne 1 take it easy today give yourself a wee treat after your injections. Joyce don't work too hard,as good gear is scarce. For me when I looked out at the weather , I think that is what made me go back to bed!!! I will be meeting my sister later and catch up with all her news.
Take care girls, after all we are girls till we are 90. Patsy (alias Mamie) I had to change my name as I could not get back on with my old account. wub.gif
stratson
Hi Patsy(Mamie). Wise decision going back to bed. Yes I went to hospital, The New Victoria Infirmary, it is absolutely beautiful inside as well as out. You no longer call it x-ray, all very posh, now named>>>Imaging". anyway 2 weeks to wait for results. I commented to radiologist," It can't be an emergency then to which she replied, "Not as far as we are concerned", am none the wiser.. The good thing is if it were really serious they would not have allowed me to leave the hospital.>>>>"Or would they?" huh.gif

Have a good catch up with your sister Mamie. Wrap up well.

Anne1, glad you got taken trhis morning for your injections. As you say at least you can walk out today. Hope your bahookie is not to tender, aye, us girls sure go through the mill, never mind, we will get there. Take care and rest your weary ash. laugh.gif
patsy
Stratson! I would take the radioloists wordsfor it ,it sounds to me it is good news. You will be looking forward to the good old summertime, to get back into your allotment, that is a great pastime if you like that sort of thing.
Anne1 and everybody who has been commenting, enjoy a lovely day, whatever you are doing. CHEERS wub.gif
joycewilson
Click to view attachmentHi All, Well thats another weekend here, how time flies as we get older eh lol....
I am going to get myself ready and am going to a pub in Linwood tonight to see my son perform in the play he is in...lol I could play the parts myself...look out for his van around Glasgow
stuarty
ave got a jaggy throat when am swallowing grrr oh thats sore ha ha anne1 sorry to hear aboot the old fella ,stratson look efter that leg and mamie wellcome back enjoy your night oot joyce am going to look for cheaper car insurance 252pounds they can get lost oh a mlost this post about 2 hours ago and found it again the pooter is going nuts laugh.gif
patsy
Thanks stuarty for your comments. I had my 2 daughters for dinner tonight. I enjoy these times together Hope you all had a nice day.......( mamie) biggrin.gif
Anne1
Today im trying to recover from the shock of a surprise party last night in our wee complex hall, didn't have a scooby about any of it, our six kids all the g/kids g/g/child Nevs 2 sisters B.I.L my brother &.S.I.L my nephews Nevs nephews and my sisters & B>I.L loads of friends that id been speaking to on the phone day before not a clue about any of it,
Then to crown the night eldest g/daughter said now we are going to play a game[a hate games] Nev & I had to pick lucky numbers between 1 and 8 anyway out come of it was we were given a prize which is a 14 night cruise of the Med taking us to France Spain Gibralter,Italy[Sail 1st May] cant believe it how lucky can some people be we were both totally gobsmacked and so happy just to see our 6 kids together was told eldest boy was in Brazil youngest in Ireland with work commitments but it was all fibs sorry to be going on about it but am just so happy
Melody
Mornin' Anne, that all sounds wonderful, ye nearly had me greetin' here. wub.gif Not long until May, enjoy it all what's given with love is the best present ever.
patsy
Anne1 No wonder your are gob smacked !!!!!!! the suprise party was such a wonderful surprise , but now to look forward to a cruise in may OMG ! Neville and you can have a second honeymoon, yippee. You both deserve the best, you are a lovely couple. CHEERS
joycewilson
Awwww Anne1 thats lovely....what a nice surprise all your kids together like that...lovely to hear something nice like that...hope you got lots of photos x
patsy
Anne I have looked at your photos, you must be very proud of your family. You are highly blessed wub.gif ( mamie)
stratson
What a wonderful surprise for you and Neville Anne, a cruise in May(your birthday month too)

You are the best parents and g/p's to your family and they all appreciate all the nice deeds you do.
Am so happy for you.
Catherine
Fabulous Anne.....Enjoy Enjoy pet. biggrin.gif
Elma
Enjoy your cruise Anne and Neville, what a wonderful way to celebrate your 50 years together, you certainly deserve it and shows how much your are loved by your family. wub.gif
lindamac
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment wub.gif Congratulations my sweetyheart friend Neil & I are so Happy for you and Nev ,enjoy yerselves and know that you two are the deserving kind since you are both so considerate of others and so cheerful and Happy to Bless & help others, God Bless yees baith Anne & Neville.

We are so Happy for yas ,Have a Ball you two! Neil and I send our Love & we are so sorry for missing your anniversary ,somehow I had it in my head it was in March silly me Ive got Grandma heid/brainwash it's awww focused oan the wean at the moment pal sorry ,I wouldve sent a card sooner if I remembered cripes we chatted aboot it as well there was me saying ah better send yer cerd early then ah go and furget dafty ah uhm ocht pal we still will send a cerd it's yer Golden year all year isn't it hen so shall send ye the cerd anyways. ocht doll yees ur a magic couple seriously yees ur braw folk so deserving of a lovely cruise LOL Meeting ye and getting tae know yees in person explains to me why ye got such an amazing Gift from yer faimly hen pure deserving are ye baith.wub.gif
Anne1
Well its back to the old routine today of to the Hospital for CT Scan , gasping for cup of tea but had to fast since midnight unsure.gif unsure.gif
stratson
So it's back to reality Annewan. Hope all goes well!

Today am just so happy to see the sun shine. Have just got the wash up on the pulley.
Leg feels a lot better although still swollen, hope to get for a walk in the afternoon with my new best friend>>>>walking stick.

No cooking, have all my meals delivered, such a toff! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.