Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Heather
I have three g'children, 18/11/8 yrs of age all sitting here playing, Wii, DS, IPod Touch & goodness knows what else and so intent in what they are doing. They are so quiet it's not real. rolleyes.gif

Give me a good game of Ludo and Snakes & Ladders, at least our parents knew we were there with all the noise me made. laugh.gif
big tommy
Dear Heather

Tomorrow (Boxing Day ) i will be 80. You know ? that last post was so true for me. in MY YOUNGER DAYS Christmas was not celebrated at all. .Even my father had to go to work ,Just as i did right up until around the 1960's.
Now ,we are made to feel ashamed if we do not spend a fortune on presents (BAH HUMBUG ) just joking ,Im not rellay like that,i am quite cheerful as a matter of fact.
I looked around atthe presents i bought for my family and there is not much change from a thousand pounds .
Nothing is grudged of course ,but when i look back i wonder when and how the advertisers began to make us feel guilty by not going on a spending spree.
But, my post to you is this. This is the very first Christmas i have beeb on my own,and it is not very nice..I had 49 wonderful Christmasses with my beloved Jean.
Thank god for my GG friends .
It is now 5.30 pm and my son is cocming for me at 6.00 pm for a little party.

My son in law and my daughtert and myself had a very bitter falling out in Juy and they left home. taking every stick of furnuture and my darling grand daughter.aged 15.

I havent seen them for 6 months now and despite arranging birthday presents and christmas preents for them . they sent them all back to me.

I THINK I WILL GET DRUNK TONIGHT.
Happy Christmas Heather
love tommy
By the way ,my son is 50 and my daughter is 43

Dont bother with my moaning . i feel better already
RonD
Tommy, by the time I post this you will have gone to your wee party. I think you had a heck of an idea by suggesting you get a wee bit fu'. It'll help clear the pipes biggrin.gif . Wishing a very happy birthday tomorrow and all the best in the new year.
Heather
Tommy my heart goes out to you. It's only the people we care about that can hurt us, others can only annoy us.
God Bless and take care.

The family are away home and my husband is having a wee rest, he ate too much food or maybe he had too much wine, he is not a wine person, not like me. laugh.gif

I'm listening to a few old Record as my husband bought me a new HiFi.
It's a neat wee player with mini size Speakers.
It plays all the old records of which I have plenty of. It also plays CDs and has an MP3 connection and a Radio. Plus a connection to the PC.
It also Records, but I don't have a clue what or worked out how!!!

I still have a lot of the old Single's & Albums and my g'daughters thought I was going mad when I put on Elvis' 40 Greatest Hits and started teaching them to jive. laugh.gif
Anne1
Tommy there is always tomorrow,, so enjoy tonight and have a wee bevy with the family that you have with you, God bless and A Happy Birthday for tomorrow pal as Heather says it only the ones who love us can cause heartbreak, so be strong
RonD
Today, we are off to an art supply store for new brushes and paints that my dear Mrs. Ron D wants. I hope to get an oil change for the van, then settle down to catalogueing my family tree stuff, that has been in disarray all Autumn.....it's a full life biggrin.gif
stratson
Today is for relaxing......besides on G.G. am watchin"g An American in Paris.", all Gershwins music in background which is magical , using leftovers from yesterday , saute potatoes, and doing sprouts in garlic, thay are tasty done like that, so dinner at 5p.m. for my son and I. Still large portion of gateaux left. What the heck, lidfe's for enjoying the best way you can. biggrin.gif
Anne1
Same here Stratson today is definetly for relaxing we had a busy day yesterday, and tomorrow Ihave the rest of my family coming for dinner., and all ive done today is nibble nibble nibble, still thats the fun at xmas time. rolleyes.gif
Elma
I've had a relaxing day today too, I came home this morning after being at my son-in-law's house since Christmas Eve. It is only 5 minutes away from me but it feels good to stay with all the family, we all gather there for the whole time. Had a wonderful Christmas, ate and ate and drank, played Cranium in the evening after dinner. Nice to be home again today though unsure.gif smile.gif
stratson
Just going to bath and shower, totally pamper myself,,,,,,,think you call it me time! Always busy doing other stuff for family..

Just a light meal tonight.

Will flit between watching T.V. and G.G. TALK to my kin in Ireland. It's a Wonderful Life. biggrin.gif
angel
I,ll be away for a few days ,until just after NewYear so wishing all of you a wonderful 2010, Cheers tongue.gif tongue.gif
joycewilson
Morning all....oh its cold....not long in from work, Im gonna catch up on my sites and message boards then curl up and get a good sleep..Have a good day all wink.gif
stratson
Just you get all tucked in Joyce, it is even colder today. Look after yourself.
Happy New Year.
Today am gonna keep as warm as I can by staying home again, this weather does not entice me to go out.. Looking forward to all this ice and freezing conditions passing, then getting back to normal. sad.gif
Melody
Me too Stratson, it feels bitterly cold this morning. I always think that this week feels a bit out of time and space somehow, lack of routine I suppose. Either that or it's always just magical. smile.gif Keep cosy whatever you do pal. wub.gif
witshisname
I'm Heading back home to Montreal sad.gif sad.gif
Heather
I did all my shopping today. The butcher and the groceries. When I came home I had my dinner.

After dinner, I made sultana and maderia cakes.

Then I cleaned all the cupboards in the kitchen that were not done last week. Now I just have the floor to wash which I will do tomorrow, I'm too tired to do it tonight.

penny dainty
Okay whats the go here , is it a compulsion , a disease? Who can tell me? Every Hogmany I get the cleaning bug , i scrub and wash and hoover ect ect ect till the place is gleaming, my Aussie mates think i'm daft, but it has to be just so.
My bins will all be empty and before the new year rings in i will take whatever rubbish is left in the house and take it outside to the bin. A clean house , a clean start to the new year .
Is anyone else as obssesive as me at this time of year? smile.gif
Heather
Penny, it's those Scottish mammy's we had who are to blame for all this cleaning for the New Year.

Upstairs is all done, dusted and hoovered. The down stairs floors have been brushed. I'm relaxing with a wee cup of tea before I wash all the floors.

I keep asking myself who's idea was it to have wooden floors, when a run over the carpets with a hoover is quicker. rolleyes.gif
witshisname
Well it's bitter cold outside,so i'll nip across the road for some milk & Bread..and then i'll get stuck into the Goodies in the Basket smile.gif
RonD
Jings Bob, ye've been awa' too long, it's a boatle o' irn bru that should be first and foremost. biggrin.gif
penny dainty
Tinned Haggis???? ohmy.gif
Elma
Yes Penny.............saw it when I was over last in the Scottish souvenir department of the stores. Couldn't bring myself to buy it though, can't imagine what it tastes like. I prefer the real thing, thank you huh.gif laugh.gif
stratson
By the looks of the icy roads outside will be doing what I have been since a week past wednesday, staying home. Oh, for the thaw to get out walking. smile.gif
Elma
Thankfully all our roads get ploughed and gravelled as soon as the snow falls and we have a by-law in the town that everyone with a sidewalk has to have it cleared by 10 a.m. The by-law enforcement officer comes round to check.

Tomorrow, well later today, I'll do some shopping then prepare to have some friends in for dinner in the evening. Actually should get off to bed it's 1 o'clock, goodnight all. smile.gif
ilookedup
Today ... I'm trying not to eat! Weighed myself this morning, always a mistake after

Christmas.Penny, it's those Scottish mammy's we had who are to blame for all this cleaning for the New Year.

I remember my mother doing this a 11.00 on hogmanay, getting ready for people coming in. I go to the pub, it's easier.

Anne1
Going to have another relaxing day, was thinking of going to my daughters but the snow is falling wae a vengance so will be staying put dont want another broken hip sad.gif
joycewilson
Had a nice lazy day today...my son took me to Tesco for some shopping and have been in the rest of the day ....... biggrin.gif
witshisname
QUOTE (RonD @ 31st Dec 2009, 04:35pm) *
Jings Bob, ye've been awa' too long, it's a boatle o' irn bru that should be first and foremost. biggrin.gif

Och Ron,Gimme some credit..2 seconds after ma cousin gave me the basket.I took oot a botlle of Irn-Bru & Made a "Irn-Bru float" & it was deicious smile.gif ..it didnae even upset me that ma cousin called me a big wean fer makin it...lol.
witshisname
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 1st Jan 2010, 05:32am) *
Tinned Haggis???? ohmy.gif

Yes Penny,you can get our national food in a can.I had my doubts last year when I tried it for the first time,but it tastes just like the kind we used tae get out of the butchers.This tin cost $8 and if my cousin had gotten me the regular Haggis(ball) it would've cost her nearly $20..but Mmmmm it sure is tasty wae a plate of chips smile.gif
witshisname
Just having a quiet day in,after spending new years day wae ma pals...plus it isnae looking to good outside so it'll be a day of watching movies smile.gif
joycewilson
Today my son and I are going to go for a nice lunch at the local Chinese or new Indian resturant locally.....sounds nice to me ..being treated!
Have a nice day all........
stratson
Anne1, glad your staying home, last year was tough for you, watch the ice, we are not getting any younger. Don't need anything else broken.

Joyce, nice son treating you too lunch, enjoy! Enjoy!

Am doing like I should, staying indoors, mind you, is starting to get too me.Stir crazy! laugh.gif
Anne1
Hoping our coffee afternoon is on looking a wee catch up with neighbours[aye a wee gossip] laugh.gif
Anne1
Decided tonight that my friend,, Nev & I would venture out to bingo we have a game called Hi Five with a jackpot of 250,000, well a women in the called on N0 5 which gave her a prise of 125,000 and the other 125,000 was divided between all othe players in the hall with a result of which we received a share out of we each got 615 means Nev I cleared 1215 between us no bad for a wee night out eh laugh.gif laugh.gif
angel
well Anne thats a tidy sum of money and a nice way to start the new year.

CONGRATULATIONS laugh.gif laugh.gif
joycewilson
Well done Anne...thats brill...well today Im not long in from work and will sleep the day away under a nice warm duvet lol brrrrrr biggrin.gif
lindamac
Click to view attachmentA rerr wee windfall fur ye Anne dolls that oughta get ye tae turn the heating up in awe yoan snawy cauld weatehr ahve been hearing yees ur getting at hame therr Brrrrrrrrrrr keep warm and enjoy yer wee pleasures hen.Luv Linda xxxx
stratson
Am absolutely thrilled for you and Nev Annewan. You deserve it.
Melody
Congratulations Anne and Nev, you do deserve it, enjoy. smile.gif
stuarty
Anne wan great start to the newyear brilliant wee touch a wish a went to your hall and a bet a lot stayed in because of the snow but aww the more for you all welldone these ur on anne lol
Heather
Wow Annewan congratulation, that is some windfall, especially to start off the New Year. smile.gif

Spend it wisely, like taking us all out for a drink. laugh.gif

Marion Niven Dougan
Anne that was great. My sis in law won 42,000 pounds in Bellshill Bingo a couple of months ago
auchenshuggle
smashing stuff anne, while yer luck`s in gewt they lottery numbers done.

well done, an spend it wisely so there`s nae regrets. awra best hen. wink.gif
Anne1
thanks every body for good wishes, today am of to Health Centre for another iron Injection when will they end, hopefully March. rolleyes.gif
joycewilson
brrr..not long in from work...it just isnt letting up at all is it?
Well Im all cosy at homenow. Really awful for some folks who can not get out at all. Have told my Mum not to go out the door we will get anything she needs over to her, she lives in a good wee area though where neighbours are all looking after one another which helps 100%.
Have a nice day all...keep warm wink.gif
Anne1
Had another lazy day, going out tonight to try our luck at the bingo laugh.gif
Tori G
Anne1, just been reading about you and Nev's win, congratulations. Hope you win today, goodluck.

Im sitting and relaxing, the boys are out and about, so its me for me time, Yippee.
joycewilson
Brrrr.......... it is not easing off this cold is it.
Good luck with your bingo Anne.....well today I had a lovely sleep in my cosy bed after my nightshift....Brrrr....back out tonight then off till Yue...looking forward to getting my supplies, visiting Mum tomoz night and staying indoors all weekend!
Anne1
Joyce how is your Mum doing well I hope smile.gif
penny dainty
Went to seaworld yesterday down the gold coast , it was a scorcher of a day , sorry to rub it in al you who are snowbound.
Anyway , saw the doplhins , oh my they were wonderful and so clever, i want one. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.