Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Anne1
Health Centre again for me to get last Iron injection yippee wub.gif
Anne1
also going to get some xmas wrappings
penny dainty
well get plenty Annewan you'll need it to wrap my pressies laugh.gif
joycewilson
Lol Penny biggrin.gif
Well its bed for me again....what an exciting life I lead eh lol rolleyes.gif
Hope everyone has a nice day xx
penny dainty
What am I doing today hmmmmm, well as little as possible I think.Ah well time to get up and stop dreaming.! laugh.gif
Anne1
you still working hard Dainty wan
joycewilson
Morning all, up early here...had a nice night last night had my friend and my Mum over for a few drinks and a catch up...today I am up and about early doing an over time shift on the check outs today from 1pm till 7.30 pm then going to my friends for dinner xxxxx
Anne1
just wrapping up xmas pressies dont mind buying but dont like the wrapping but its a labour of love wub.gif wub.gif
Heather
I'm still having problems walking so I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet!!!!

I'm sending my g'son out next week to get his sisters presents for me.
joycewilson
Today...Once I have finished catching up on line...I am going to try and find a hair dresser free to cut my hair...got out works night out on Sat night biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Thats it for me had enough sleep, but what do you do at 4.30am rolleyes.gif
Have a bit of a slower day today so I'll try to catch up on the miscellaneus tasks YUK !
Id much rather do big jobs around the hoose than aw the wee wans haha.
So furst its off into the kitchen tae get the coffee going Mmmmm.
Who wants a cuppa to get the day started, or aer'yis aw still in'yir beds lol.
joycewilson
Hi glasgowlass I will have a coffe ta biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
well here'yi go Joyce, a hope you like a tall skim latte its nice'n hot>>>>enjoy! tongue.gif
ashfield
Whit, nae stuff fur fatties laugh.gif I am going out to meet some old workmates for lunch but must feed the birds before I go. As predicted there was a heavy frost so got to keep the wild birds in fat, seeds and meal worms (it's ok they're dead). Bird bath has frozen as well so some fresh water as well. Hey Joyce, did you buy anything at the craft fair unsure.gif
glasgow lass
of course I did ash, whits acoffe wthoot a wee fatty.
are chocolate croissants ok, they're all the go here during the night smile.gif
ashfield
Might just have a wee kit-kat, don't want to eat too much now so I can stuff ma face later laugh.gif
stratson
Don't know if I will chance a wee walk, so cold. Havin' a cuppa while I ponder.

Anne1, your like me, love buying pressies, hate the wrapping. Mind you the presentation is so important, like pressies lookin' nice. biggrin.gif

Joyce, hope you can get a good hairdresser to cut your hair at short notice.
Is it anything special your works night out is doing?
Enjoy yourself.
joycewilson
Hi Stratson, We are going to a local pub have booked for over 20 of us to go for a meal and think its a Karaoke afterwards lol biggrin.gif
Should be a good night out looking forward to it...managed to get an appointment for Sat to have my hair done wink.gif
Heather
I've been very busy today.
Once my hubby finished the dining room he used the rest of the emulsion to do the Utility room.
Then I of course have do all the cleaning up. sad.gif

I had to wash a ventian blind which is just over 7 feet wide. The room itself is just over 8 ft by 6ft.
It was the people we bought the house from that got the Utility room built on, and why they got such a big window put in is beyond me. rolleyes.gif
The other window is just 1 feet wide and I take that blind off and put it in the bath. Hot water and a scoop of washing powder and leave the blind in overnight. It not only cleans the blind but also the cords. A spray of water to rinse the dirty water off and hey presto, a nice clean blind.

The kitchen gets started on Monday. More cleaning up for me.
Anne1
you want to come and do some for me Heather youve got bags of energy lassie laugh.gif
Heather
Annewan, I'll do your cleaning if you do my Christmas shopping. laugh.gif

But I'm not washing any venetian blinds. mad.gif
angel
QUOTE (Heather @ 4th Dec 2009, 08:33pm) *
I've been very busy today.
Once my hubby finished the dining room he used the rest of the emulsion to do the Utility room.
Then I of course have do all the cleaning up. sad.gif

I had to wash a ventian blind which is just over 7 feet wide. The room itself is just over 8 ft by 6ft.
It was the people we bought the house from that got the Utility room built on, and why they got such a big window put in is beyond me. rolleyes.gif
The other window is just 1 feet wide and I take that blind off and put it in the bath. Hot water and a scoop of washing powder and leave the blind in overnight. It not only cleans the blind but also the cords. A spray of water to rinse the dirty water off and hey presto, a nice clean blind.

The kitchen gets started on Monday. More cleaning up for me.
................................................................................

Och heather ,I'll just do my cleaning next year or maybe the year after ' nane smilies '
you cleaned them out..............Ha ha
Heather
I blame our mother's for all this cleaning madness at this time of year. It has rubbed off on us.rolleyes.gif

No stone left uncleaned, not even the coal bunker. Thank goodness for central heating.laugh.gif
lindamac
Click to view attachmentWhy on earth dae we dae awe this cleaning right nuff Heather hen makes nae sense does it gettin we washed oot n tired for the busyest time of year.Click to view attachment tae Awe ma GGGEMS! Missed yees awe By the way laugh.gif I couldnae agree merr Heather they mammys of oors knocked it intae us ferr n square tae hae a scrubbed hoose twice a year, ma hoose is only a year auld n its getting overhauled for the 2nd time ?why witt fur ahve nae idea, wur no in it long nuff tae durty it. Its jist the yearly habits int it hen?. who says we cancel awe cleaning fur christmas lets face it Jesus wiz born in a manger a durty messy stable he never complained did he ?
Anne1
We had our Xmas Dinner tonight in our complex a reallyy enjoyable 4 course meal.
We also had enterainment thrown in for good measure think this couple do the rounds of Nursing Homes and retirement places, well the music was really old fashioned and the guy passed our table saying are you enjoying yourselves do you like the choice of music up pipes my wee 89 yr old neighbour saying och a wid rather have the Slosh or the Alley Cat, give us something modern son, the guys face was a picture think he maybe thought we were all past it, but he duly changed the music to suit. laugh.gif
joycewilson
Hi All,
Have not done much today, as I was working last night, had a good sleep!
My friend from work popped up for a coffee this am after 7am and went home at 11am lol...back to work tonight then off till Tue ohmy.gif
Lol know what you mean about the cleaning being passed down from our Mums, think we all do this Christmas Cleaning stuff...I will get mine started at the weekend..NO REST FOR THE WICKED !
Elma
I have been so busy recently I have been out morning, afternoon and evening most days. However, last night I put out my decorations and tomorrow I hope to get all my Christmas cards written. Sorry if my overseas ones are late..... sad.gif

On Monday and Tuesday this week we, our Summer Theatre Board baked and baked.... we rent a local church kitchen and we made cakes, cookies, all kinds of candy then wrapped it all. We held our bake sale today and made over $1,500 so I think all the work was worth it.

When I got home I had a voice mail from a very good friend telling me her husband had died. They think it started with the H1N1 flu' went to pneumonia in his lungs. Sorry about the downer but I'm still in shock. Don't know if I'll go to the Memorial service, they live in Penticton, about 8 hours from me here.
joycewilson
Hi All,
Had a nice afternoon with my Mum and her friend, we went down to the Star Bar at Eglinton Toll for a pub luch was good to get together and catch up biggrin.gif
Heather
I finished writing my Christmas Cards today and posted them.
I posted the overseas one's last week.

I also wrote my neighbours cards and delivered them. But they were all quicker off the mark than me as I have a stack of cards already.

If I can rouse myself tomorrow I'll put the tree up. I don't usually put it up until one week before Christmas, but Maurice has brought the tree and decorations down from the loft.
A hints as good as a nod, right enough. smile.gif
stratson
Right now am about to retire. My son has brought all the Christmas decs. and lights down.
Like to get my big bay windows cleaned first and guess what, am just not in the mood.
Perhaps tomorrow----who know!
Zak is coming to visit wednesday with his Mum. Guess would be nice if it was all lit up for him.
Like you Heather, don't like them up too early.
Off to bed now, hopefully will awaken full of gusto. smile.gif

CAT
Just poppin by to say hello all. I've not had a chance to get on the boards between work and weans. My New wee grandaughter Cara is now 8 weeks and keeping me very busy. Work is complete madness but hey ho cann't complain it would be worse if we were quiet.

I put my christmas tree up with my grandson last week a bit early for me but he was so excited I couldn't say no. Needles to say being the work of a 5 year old it looks like a bit of a dogs dinner but Christmas is about the kids. It was a lovley wee night he's been learning carol's at school and him singing away in a manger as he put all the bobbles on the tree made it really special. WE got out our nativity scene and he told me all about baby Jesus just incase I didn't know laugh.gif

I'm working right up to christmas eve and I haven't nearly finnished my shopping. Does any one know the number for the shopping fairy?

Heather if manage to get her number for you will you clean my house biggrin.gif
joycewilson
I have been a busy bee this am..got all my ironing done and hung up...phew...coffee time for me now.....
stratson
Got my windows washed ready to put up decs,lights and Santa in the morning.
Did awaken this morning rarin' to go.

Got washing done, all hanging on the pulley. Will be dry in the morning.
Did a batch of cooking, prepared all the veg. for tomorrow.

Did not have son for dinner tonight, too busy, I had a light tea,twaw biled eggs mashed in a cup with butter, some brown toast Very seldom do I eat eggs.. Fair enjoyed it, lovely getting the place to myself.

Not rock the cradle tonight. smile.gif

Joyce, you remind me of myself at your age, always on the go, work, home and family.
Will keep you young, I still feel young, guess most people do, just the body, wear and tear. laugh.gif

Heather
I've still not got the tree or decorations up, I couldn't be bothered. rolleyes.gif

Yesterday I did the ironing and I spent today reading and knitting.
Anne1
I am of to Health Centre[iron inj] then thru to Falkirk for a wee bit of M&S shopping then tonight we have Xmas dinner at my daughters church, so a busy wee day biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Hi All, As usual I slept all day after my nightshift.....off to work soon another night.... biggrin.gif
penny dainty
Right shortie made, cake ,made , gingerbread made, tablet made, hooch made , no no no ignore that last comment , it all lies laugh.gif
joycewilson
Today, I am going into town with my 8 year old grand daughter Murron to buy her anew outfit for Christmas....looking forward to a girlie day! biggrin.gif
stratson
Today aam staying home as I will until the snow and ice are gone Yesterday . My niece drove me home after delivering pressies for my nephew and my brother's g/g/kids. Enjoyed the afternoon with my family, had a smashing view of the snow falling blizzard like.
2 of my nieces helped me from the car to the entry of my close, the roads were treacherous, everywhere .I guess people would be well advised to stay home if they can.

Joyce, have a lovely time with your g/daughter, try and get home before dark so you can see whee your walking.,,,,,,,,,,,,Happy Christmas. biggrin.gif
penny dainty
Doing a double shift tomorrow and i get Wednesday off yipee holidays begin.
penny dainty
Tis Wednesday and yes I AM OFFICIALLY ON HOLIDAYS yipee! laugh.gif
joycewilson
One more nightshift to go then Im off till Sunday night...looking forward to some family time...HAPPY CHRISTMAS ALL ..HAVE A GOOD ONE!! tongue.gif
stratson
You too Joyce, enjoy your holiday.

Going to try and venture out today, if too slippy will return to the house.

Large parcel from daughter in America, will open on Christmas day. Love surprises. laugh.gif
lindamac
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentThank God for his Son dear friends that believe the same as me and I also thank God for everyone elses beliefs and the fact that theres always our faith in someone or thing to get us through all times of our lives together in this one Earth and world regardless tae oor differences eh.Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentHeard yees ur haein a white christmas Scotland wish ah wis hame wi yees honestly dae.My wee daughter Heather and myself went to take me tae Dentist for merr dental work and Bleaching to a root canaled tooth therafter squashed in a visit to a family friend and dropped off pressie for her wee grandson and therafter also had our hair done and head massages etc then finished it off by going oot tae dinner together and it was pure magic tae feel so close to my wee lassie and remanisce over her as a wean etc and ahm so proud of her huge babybump cause ah know theres only 3 wks left until Mikayla Rose is here OMG ah can barely contain maself here having a busy wonderful time so Iam.hope you all will have a fabulous christmas and Nerday pals wish yees awe the best every one of you.Ahve nowt tae get done its awe done we eat oot christmas day and eat cold Ham n salad at night time so wurr awe sorted oot.ahve wrapped the gifts thur unner the tree just need it tae be christmas day noo lOLLuvyas awe pals of GG ma GGGEMS!Iam officialy intae christmas eve time noo as its efter midnight 1.10am actualy so ah better away tae bed wi massell or al be tired tomorow canae huv that can we LOL wub.gif biggrin.gif
witshisname
[quote name='Heather' date='16th Dec 2009, 10:16pm' post='275223']
I've still not got the tree or decorations up, I couldn't be bothered. rolleyes.gif
[quote]
I'm the same as you Heather,I haven't put decorations up in years.I figure who's gonna see them?? so I just look at the houses behind me and enjoy their lights...lol
Today I'm packing up for my trip to my cousins,will be spending a few days with the family.
penny dainty
Made the pink custard for the trifle and cooked the roast beef and the ham , boiled the tatties for the tattie salad , getting the table laid in a wee while all set for tomorrow .Christmas music is actually on took me a while this year but i think i'm actually getting into it now. biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Wornightshift last night....finished at 7am...got home almost 9.30 am. I decided to go back into the Supermarket when I finished my shift and get my shopping done, finally got home then...my son came in he had said he would get our booze later on as it was too early for me to buy it when I was in...so...I went with him lol. And...picked up another load of shopping. Home now and just relaxing after doing some house work...bed soon for a few hours shut eye rolleyes.gif
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!
stratson
Have opened pressies from my daughter in N.J. They were beautiful, my son has just given me new telephones, too technical for my brain to absorb at present.
My g/daughter and sons arriving 2p.m. They are staying for dinner, Did most of my cooking last night, just veg and potatoes to roast, make sauces. Dessert is all ready to serve.

Right now am having a cappucino relaxing and reading the board.
Get dressed before the troops arrive.
Hope y'all have a happy Christmas day. smile.gif
mamie1
Hi stratson merry christmas to you, and all on gb,. iam in a hurry so will be back later.
Tori G
Merry Christmas Stratson darls and everyone too of course.!!!

I had an Absolutley fab day today with my immediate family (Mum Dad Partner Son And Mother Inlaw) rest of siblings for a change doing their own thing.
Just lovely warm summer day here in Oz (beautiful 27degC)...nice breeze too thanks to a cyclone up north, (sorry to those it caused disarray for my heart felt thoughts go out to them).

It was so wonderful to hear that the first sound outside I heard this morning was a Kookaburra,...awsome!

May you all have similar experiences for your season on your side of the world!

God bless!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.