Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
glasgow lass
murn we better keep an eye on those two, yi know how handy they kin be wae they crutches>>>>> yoor it ! tongue.gif
Heather
No crutches now, I handed them in today, although I'm still limping doing my Hopalong Cassidy. laugh.gif

I managed to get a shoe on today. I hope I can get it on tomorrow. wub.gif
stuarty
horrey a got my oxy supply tons of the stuff so a hoe ther wont be a fire as a have got everything from nothing on saturday to having everything by tuesday grrrrrr they dont know their ass from their elbow so thank god its sorted out noo
murn
haw Stuarty have you got a wee trip tae parliament planned on Thursday unsure.gif
murn
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 3rd Nov 2009, 05:08pm) *
murn we better keep an eye on those two, yi know how handy they kin be wae they crutches>>>>> yoor it ! tongue.gif

noo a know that I have a few extra hairs on ma chin bit....
Heather
I'm doing nothing today.

I did plan to put up the winter curtains in the bedrooms but I'm loaded with the cold so can't be bothered doing anything.

I had a Dental Appointment for this afternoon as I need a couple of fillings, but had to cancel it. I think the Dentist would have been annoyed at me sneezing all over the surgery. sad.gif
joycewilson
Hi All, I have done nothing today just slept..lol off to work now catch up soon.
Hope your feeling better Heather.....you really NEED those winter curtains up! brrr winters settling in can feel it coming! Have a nice night all xx
Anne1
Off to the Health Centre to start my Iron Injections again whit a life sad.gif
Heather
Jings Annewan, yer bum must be all black & blue by now. Would make a colourful picture. laugh.gif

I'm away to iron and put up the winter curtains in all three bedrooms.
I'll be needing some R & R by the time I'm finished. sad.gif
stratson
Going to shower and do my hair. Have a coffee, will then decide what to do. Doesn't look very nice out, like to try and get a walk. Plenty to do in the house to keep me busy.

Don't envy you Anne1 those injections. Hopefully your not too sore. mellow.gif

Heather, your lucky you don't have high ceilings, three bedrooms to do. Watch it on those steps, we need you for your Irish dancing. biggrin.gif
Heather
I worked hard today.

I took down all the bedroom curtains. Washed the window frames then washed the windows.
Ironed the curtains and put them up.

Then I cleared out the linen cupboard.
Does anyone remember the Austrian blinds/curtains we were all making years ago??
I made them for all the windows so I now have a bin bag full of them. One in particular is cream silk about 15ft wide, I almost put it back in the cupboard. I remember it took me all day to make it for the sitting room window. unsure.gif

I found blankets I got in wedding presents. laugh.gif
angel
we had a bit of a wind here yesterday and when I was reversing my car I ran over the bin lid which had been blown onto the driveway and had become wedged on the bottom front end of the car what a bloody noise,I drove about two blocks before I realized what I had done. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Heather
Oh Angel, what a racket that must have made. laugh.gif laugh.gif
joycewilson
Hi All, Didnt seem to ba able to sleep long today, probably due to a lot of work being carried out just outside my flat.
brrr its getting cold now isnt it? Like you Stratson I have the high ceilings too, I liek them but its a pain when painting or curtain hanging.
Hope you all have a nice night x
Anne1
today met my friend for coffee then went to bingo where I won £50 first in ages then when I got home got really good news that my 11 yr old Grandaugter Melissa qualifed for the Irish open Dancing Championship in Glasgow next year we are all excited cos it means we can go and see her take part as all her competions are held in usually in England biggrin.gif
Anne1
today met my friend for coffee then went to bingo where I won £50 first in ages then when I got home got really good news that my 11 yr old Grandaugter Melissa qualifed for the Irish open Dancing Championship in Glasgow next year we are all excited cos it means we can go and see her take part as all her competions are held in usually in England biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Thats great Anne, congrats to Melissa. Is that your holiday money started now wink.gif
Well a just had an email fae ma son who is down in Cancun Mexico , said that the weather is not so good and are ready for a hurricane, God help them am so worried. Anyway I gave him some great news to cheer him up, he has just passed yet another exam for entering into the Police Force, so he was very happy, that was the meeting with the phyciatrist>>>>>ah'd loved to have been a fly on the wall for that interview lol. So now Im waiting for my friends to come over for dinner, jist a light supperactually , I have made roast chicken/potatoes, asparagus and salad. oh with a nice antipasto first, I also russeled up a large pizza ( very home made style ) with a lovely garlic loaf, deep dish pecan pie/ice cream to follow, I hope they enjoy everything smile.gif have a great night everyone X.
murn
umm Lass a never got ma invite sad.gif

My sister jist went down to Mexico yesterday, at least I think thats where they went. Canny keep up wae where she goes, bliddy on holiday more than she is here. Hope it isnae Mexico.

Nope jist called nephew they went tae Dominican.
Biancax3
what i do every sunday

recover from friday and or sat and watch C4 and sometimes easties

i was only out on friday but i have had a 2 day hangover huh.gif
joycewilson
Done Nothing at all today...lazed about the house in my fleecy pjs lol biggrin.gif
Oh Bianca a hangover...NOT good rolleyes.gif
glasgow lass
QUOTE (murn @ 7th Nov 2009, 11:46pm) *
umm Lass a never got ma invite sad.gif

My sister jist went down to Mexico yesterday, at least I think thats where they went. Canny keep up wae where she goes, bliddy on holiday more than she is here. Hope it isnae Mexico.

Nope jist called nephew they went tae Dominican.

Naw a know a never sent you an invite>>>a wee burdy told me that yive been under the weather so a thought yi might no have an apetite, your on the "A" list for next time wub.gif
murn
how did yer son make out with Ida?
glasgow lass
I have not heard from him again, he'll be on cloud nine ( a hope not literally ) aft the good news a gave him. I know if it gets really bad they will catch flight home, so far so good, but Ive not had the weather station on yet to see whats what , so lets hope all is well. Hope you managed Ok yesterday at the gym and that you are feeling better now wink.gif
Anne1
Early Start for us today Nev has WellMan clinic this morning then in the Afternon we Have a visit to see Cardioligist , so keeping my fingers crossed all is ok there
Anne1
Got the ok for Nevs heart today Cardioligist says it was a faulty reading and gave him an ECG then gave him an Ultrasound and all is well thank god biggrin.gif
Heather
That's good news Anne and a big worry off both your minds. smile.gif
Anne1
Just had a very pleasant evening in our little complex we had a Group called The Close Shave Barbers Chorus, plus I won a bottle of Red Wine in the raffle, we also had nice supper smile.gif
Heather
Well done Anne. You seem to be having a lucky week. Winning £50 at the bingo then a bottle of wine tonight.

It's said luck comes in three, so watch out for the next one. smile.gif
stratson
Glad Neville got the all clear from the cardiolodist. Sounds like a good complex you have there.
Nice early gift, the red wine. Buy a lottery ticket tomorrow, sounds like your luck is turning.
biggrin.gif
Charlene and Zak were here today, that's why am late on the boards. Zak has so much energy, a wee comic with it. Just love him to pieces. (Mind you, looking forward to lying down).
We are truly blessed. smile.gif
Heather
Hey Lennox, where are you tonight??

On our TV right now is; An Audience with Donny & Marie.

It's on for one hour. smile.gif
Elma
I was at our local Remembrance Day Service at the cenotaph this morning, a lovely service, lots of people there and it snowed but was not too cold. My favourite part every year is the fly past of an old bi-plane, he flies in over the mountains so low that we can see him wave from the cockpit.
Anne1
That sounds lovely Elma.
Back to old routine for me of to Health Centre for Iron injection only 3 to go smile.gif
Anne1
As a treat today the Doctor gave me my Swine Flu Jab watch this space

Heather
That was good of him Anne, it shows he was thinking about your health.

We have not had it yet, so let us know if it affects you in any way.
Anne1
So far Heather no side effects except large lump on my arm but nae pain, getting ready to nip up to Ullapool for two days taking my daughter back up and taking Frasers Bulky xmas pressies up, will go back there in Dec with all the other goodies smile.gif
penny dainty
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 11th Nov 2009, 08:05am) *
Just had a very pleasant evening in our little complex we had a Group called The Close Shave Barbers Chorus, plus I won a bottle of Red Wine in the raffle, we also had nice supper smile.gif

See that bottle of red wine you won ................I like red smile.gif
Well today will be spent helping my kids who moved into a wee flat together a few weeks ago , to tidy up after a low life scumbag broke in and stole all their personal belongings when they were both at work.The police have been in and dusted for fingerprints , but very little chance of getting anything back.It makes my blood boil, low life &*%^&*'s.
Heather
Scumbags right enough Penny.
I hope the children are insured as the young one's don't often think of that.

I know the feeling.
We were broke into years ago, a few days after Christmas, and the house was ransacked.
The guys were caught because the dad of one of them reported him to the Police as they had been to his door and described the items stolen. The dad saw one of the items in his sons bedrom so phoned the Police.
It was a fancy table lighter my sister brought back from abroad as a gift for us.
We did not get anything else back as they had been sold on.

Then a 2/3 years ago while I was cutting the grass in the front garden two wee boys ran up and told me a man had jumped over the back fence and ran into our house through the back door which was open.
The boys were delivering newspapers and saw the man hanging around and wondered what he was up to. Apparently he had stood across from our house watching me.
When I ran into the house he had gone with £78 I had left on the table.
The ironic thing about it was, my husband had left the back door open when he went out to check on our sons house as he and his family were on holiday.

That guy was also caught for another incident and told the Police all the house's he had robbed.

Of course we did not get the money back and there was no use claiming the Insurance as they would just have said we were at fault for leaving our back door open. sad.gif

penny dainty
Makes u wonder if insurance is worth it sometimes , getting them yo pay out is no mean feat.
Yes they were insured I did it myself so I knew it was done .Thank goodness for Mums eh!
joycewilson
Morning all, looks like another wet cold day here, I am up waiting on the Virgin telephone man arriving to sort my line, phones been playing up for a few weeks and its driving me daft. Then I plan to go to town and get my son some book vouchers from Borders for his Xmas, then popping over to Mums for a few hours later, Have a nice day all wink.gif
stratson
Not at all promising day Joyce. Just make the most of it, hope is dry for your trip to town.

Just popped very large leg of lamb in the oven for 2 hours , after browning for 30mins ,plan slicing and freezing one it has cooled and rested..
Silly me thought it was £5.99, surprise surprise, that was per kilo, actual cost£11.99p.
So much for observation. and new spectacles.

Weatherwise is day for the house, that's exactly what am doing.

mamie
I'm off to Glasgow Argyle Street. If it rains I will put up my umberella and splash through the puddles like Gene Kelly. It's a wonderful life. I better get myself ready or I wo'nt make it.
Have a nice day however you spend it biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
scoob77
today i am going to do what i do everyday.......TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but back in the real world i will be cleaning the house, from top to bottom, and later i think i'll start wrapping xmas pressies up..
stuarty
oh stratson mammy1 a love roast lamb it is fantastic oh my mouth is watering so much

oh im looking at prices of ukalele's as Lydia is learning to play one so a said a would buy one for myself and we can both learn together and she never got a learning book from school as they ran out so a shall buy her a book so george eornby and his society here we come leaning on the lampost waiting for a certain little laddie in oour case if you get ma drift laugh.gif
Heather
We're sitting in a muddle and will be for the next few days.

The dining room is to be painted and I had to empty the Wall Unit as it had to be moved and it is filled with many different types of ornaments. They are all on the table that has been put into the sitting room which means we had to move armchairs around.
There are more ornaments on the worktop in the kitchen.
The place is like a bomb hit it. sad.gif
Anne1
Snap Heather , we had place decorated a couple of weeks back and are now waiting for new suite to be delivered meanwhile display cabinet is emptied in case we have to move it to fit furniture in and all ornaments keep getting shifted from one place to another, Nev says ditch them but ive got to many memories attached to them like gifts from kids & g/kids and stuff of my mother & grannys. so roll on new furniture unsure.gif
Heather
That's the problem Anne, the ornaments with the memories attached to them that we can't part with.
I still have some wedding presents of a 15 piece gold coloured minature coffee set, and two china Tea Sets and some nice crystal. I could go on forever.

Not to mention the glasses with Baileys Irish and an Irish logo on them that I bought in Dublin many years ago. laugh.gif

I have Silver Wedding presents still in the boxes, they are under the table. laugh.gif
wellfield
Ah' The stories and memories that are behind the things in our china cabinets!---We were just discussing our china cabin contents today as we were putting the stuff back in place after (Finally) finished installing new laminate flooring and stairs,tomorrow I'm doing a carpet runner on the stairs,complete with the old style brass rods,sorta' reminds the wife and I of the old Country!
joycewilson
Cant sleep...so am up and about...just going to ponder around the house do my ironing so my things are ready for going back to work then who knows depends on the weather lol ...that means I will be at home all day lol biggrin.gif
penny dainty
Yet another scorcher here in downtown Brisbane , phew !!!
joycewilson
Morning All, Off to bed soon for me rolleyes.gif Hope everyone doing okay......cold wet windy....and my street is a workmans zone driving me crazy hard to sleep as they are working weekends too! ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.