Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Anne1
naw dainty a didnae shove him, and I like your logic 27stowst daughter/i/law has taken him to A& E this morning wub.gif
Heather
Good grief Annewan, are you and Neville in competition with each other to see who can do the most damage to themselves???

I hope Nev is Ok. But best to get checked out and be sure.

Your son will be scared to let you both out of his sight.

Do yer mammies know yer oot?? wink.gif
stratson
Trust all goes well at A&E for Neville. smile.gif

Had new digital electricity meter installed as I changed server.
Previous company had overcharged 290, went to the complaints place corner of Ingram St, and Queen Street. Within 3 weeks of my visit to them money repaid by electricity company.
Hence reason for change. New company has put me on a low tariff which is a good help.

Feeling not so nauseous today. biggrin.gif

Heather
Stratson thanks for that information, I never knew there was a complaints place in the town.

What kind of complaints do they handle????
wee sammy
I am putting a new windae in the kitchen over the sink so the wife can see me better when i am in the Dog House smile.gif at the bottom of the garden
Heather
I did nothing all day but laze about reading and watching TV.

Tonight we went out for a drink and it was hilarious when a crowd of girls came into the pub obviously from a Show of Presents.
The bride to be was dressed up as usual and the crowd with her had every pot, pan, tray, spoons and anything else they could rattle. What a racket they made and the men lapped it up making sure they got a kiss from the 'bride'. laugh.gif
lindamac
For awe Brides tae be Click to view attachmentOcht Heather I absoloutly loved it reading your post on The Fabulous Glesga traditions of the Famous "A Show of Presents Night" for the Bride tae be.Oh how I recal many a night fridays Saturdays usualy & awe the wimmen belting & battering intae anything that clanged & banged oan their road doon tae oor local pub,awe us weans wid follow the crowd o thum jist tae take part in the banter there & back to respective places wherein the perty was being held,Witta memory trip ye gave me there wow! I jist loved the thoughts ye provoked in my wee heart & mind pal cheers & thanks Heather it meant a lot to hear that title of "A show of Presents night" insteada the usual hens night LOL laugh.gif

QUOTE (Heather @ 30th Aug 2009, 08:13am) *
I did nothing all day but laze about reading and watching TV.

Tonight we went out for a drink and it was hilarious when a crowd of girls came into the pub obviously from a Show of Presents.
The bride to be was dressed up as usual and the crowd with her had every pot, pan, tray, spoons and anything else they could rattle. What a racket they made and the men lapped it up making sure they got a kiss from the 'bride'

Heather
Aye Linda, some of the old Traditions still live on.

I remember many years ago a girl I worked beside was getting married.

On her last day at work as a single girl, we dressed her up and as we worked in Ingram Street we took her round to George Square and made the usual circle singing and dancing all around her.
The town was busy with everyone going home so a big crowd gathered around all joining in the banter.

A man asked one of the girls what was going on and told her he was here on holiday from Sweden. She explained it was a Scottish Custom when a girl was getting married. He set up a Cine Camera on a tripod and filmed us. He said he had never seen anything like that before. laugh.gif

One of the gifts we bought her was an alarm clock. One of her friends who was going home with her set the alarm to go off when they were on the subway.

The next day she had us in fits laughing telling us that when the alarm went off, the 'bride ' was in a state trying to get the wrapping of the clock to shut off the alarm. Everyone on the Subway had a good laugh about it.
You could not pull a stunt like that nowadays, you would get arrested. wub.gif
Heather
I'm not long home from a 'Ladies Dinner & Dance' night down in our Chapel Hall. I really enjoyed myself, it was a good night and well attended. smile.gif

I don't know how my legs will feel in the morning, but I managed to dance the feet off my niece and her friend. The young one's have no stamina. laugh.gif

Heather
Well I won't be dancing for a while.

I slipped in the kitchen today and bashed my foot off the door.

I was in agony, so we went to the Royal Infirmary and they did a few xrays. I had broken a bone in my foot.
So now I am strapped up from the toes to the knee. I was also given crutches which I can hardly use as it's tiring on the good leg.
I have an appointment for the Fracture Clinic on Monday to see if they want to put a plaster on my foot.
The other worse part of it is our bathroom and bedrooms are upstairs.
I quite literally crawled upstairs tonight and came back down on my butt. sad.gif

I'm glad it did not happen last night as everyone would have thought I had too much to drink. I had only one vodka and lemonade, I was too busy dancing to drink.
stuarty
oh Heather a hope you are in not too much pain and try not to do a lot of standing up have a speedy recovery huggles from me to you
27stowst
Ouch! Ya poor wee thing. Ah've only ever had crutches wance aboot 8 years ago and jist couldnae get used tae them, kept losing ma balance! Probably hilarious tae see but ah felt right sorry fer masel. Click to view attachment
possilboy
i have just cut the grass now its time to work on my new hot house hope you all have anice day or night depending where you are
penny dainty
As little as possible if I get my way.
wee mags
we went to our grandaughters birthday ,whit a noise it was in an Arcade the weans had a rere time but auld granny wis done in at the end biggrin.gif
Anne1
Heather had to laugh at you after you taking the mick about Nev and I accidents and drinking lemonade whit a big fib, thought your nieces comments were very funny just thinking Cyber pub will be out of pocket now
Get well soon girl laugh.gif
Heather
Aye Anne, it's a true saying, 'don't mock the afflicted'. I'll clip her ears when I see her. ohmy.gif

The young one's nowadays have no respect. rolleyes.gif
glasgow lass
thats a shame Heather, couldn't help laughing at you on your butt ( sorry tongue.gif ) it did sound funny, Anne wan might be able tae give you a tip on how tae use crutches, am sure she'll tell'yi that they're good for more than walking with , take care Heather, Lass. wub.gif
Heather
Aye lass it's back to baby steps again. sad.gif

You've got to laugh or you'll greet. laugh.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Just got home not so long ago, whit a lovely day it is why cant it be like this all yr round, am so happy for ma boy as he has been applying to the Police Force ( thats were he wants his career ) and again today he had yet another of many interviews, he's just called me to say that he has passed once again so he is begining to get closer to his goal, other than this am not doing too much for the rest of the day >>>>>>> well a might sit out wae a pina colada on ice Mmmmmm tongue.gif a have an exter lounger for anybiddy who wants to put their feet up( just not on me though haha )
betty2
Got an early call[620am] headin for the airport to pick up my sister who is arriving from usa, 1st visit home in 23 years. Got a big family do planned for her . Did.nt post any of this previously , as with the internet you never know how things get leaked out. Was reading a bit about this in the press recently, seemingly thieves watch the internet for people writing about their holiday plans.. This can lead to burglaries of their home. It has made me very cautious about personel events of my life being made public..

Was being extra careful with the party plans did,nt want to spoil her surprise. biggrin.gif This is really gonny be a trip down memory lane for her
betty2
PS Once home from the airport goin back tae bed tae catch up on ma beauty sleep tongue.gif
lindamac
Ahm awfy fed up wi this day ahm dain nowt much merr than hurtin! ahve hud wisdom toothache & mouth ulceration for 4 days noo ahm jist nursing maself wi awesoartsa panadol & some sorta adult formula of bonjela stuff & it isney gaun anywhere fast wish ah hudda magic wand. sad.gif ma heid hurts annawe did ah tell yees? LOL ocht ahm a big wean! ah know laugh.gif
stratson
Lindamac, toothache is "the hell o' aw diseases. Hope it eases soon.

Betty2, you definitely never can be to careful with your home and personal security. Enjoy your sister's presence.

Today am waitin' oan plumber! sad.gif
witshisname
sittin here wae pillows up agains't my ears trying to block out all the machinery on my patio.I hope they get the wall & paving stones sorted soon,my eyes are rollin roon my head..lol wacko.gif wacko.gif

Hope ye feel better soon Lindamac xx
RonD
Ah'm away to Renfrew, er Renfrew, Ontario that is. Ma wee trouble 'n' strife is visiting a pal and so ah'm aff tae bring her back hame. The break is nice, but it will be nice tae huv her back but you lot urr no tae tell her, mind!
stratson
It is the most glorious sunny day here in Glasgow, am planning after shower to get dressed and go walkabouts as far as my legs will take me. Think will head past Queen's Park and do Charity Strut in Shawlands. laugh.gif
CAT
Hi Guy's,
Just poppin in tae say hello. I've been missin in action for a while or is that missin aw the action laugh.gif
Been so busy I don't know where tae start. It's good tae get 5 mins tae maself so I just thought I'd pop in. Startson I hope you had a nice walk in queens park I've not been there for years.
Work is so busy and my family and extended family have been keepin me busy with trials and tribulations so a wee walk in the park could be just wat I need. I'll drive past that way tonight whilst out with mammy fuor our wee drive.
stratson
Hi Cat>>>I don't go into the park, I walk round it,up Pollokshaws Rd, enroute to Shawlands.
Nice to se you back.

Had some legal business to attend to this morning, am now having a coffee and going to rest at home, am kinda tired. Son making dinner this evening.(Maids day off!) tongue.gif
weedoc
am off on holiday to turkey for 3 weeks just ready to leave for the airport hope the good weather holds for those of you left behind in sunny glasgow.
stratson
Great for you weedoc. Enjoy yourself and lap up the good weather. biggrin.gif
stuarty
QUOTE (witshisname @ 10th Sep 2009, 04:14pm) *
sittin here wae pillows up agains't my ears trying to block out all the machinery on my patio.I hope they get the wall & paving stones sorted soon,my eyes are rollin roon my head..lol

Hope ye feel better soon Lindamac xx
hey bob go help them it will get the job done quicker rolleyes.gif then you will be able to sleep
stuarty
QUOTE (weedoc @ 16th Sep 2009, 12:18pm) *
am off on holiday to turkey for 3 weeks just ready to leave for the airport hope the good weather holds for those of you left behind in sunny glasgow.
aww weedoc have a great time and a will try and get to see you before you go to bali in october ok enjoy the turkey a hope its stopped rainin as it was pourin doon for a week or so so take the sunshine with you huggles wub.gif
stuarty
a would love to clean ma hoose up but a have no energy a get so bloomin frustrated grrrrrr dry.gif
witshisname
QUOTE (stuarty @ 16th Sep 2009, 03:34pm) *
hey bob go help them it will get the job done quicker rolleyes.gif then you will be able to sleep

Hi stuarty,thankfully the work is almost done with my patio.The wall is up and all they have to do now is flatten the ground again and lay the paving stones.They are now doing the apartments at the front of the building,i'll put up some pics when it's aww done. smile.gif

Well today i'll be goin thru ma closet gettin aww the winter clothes oot,it's bloomin freezin here today(I love it)
Anne1
Well today Ive been trying to put some order back into our life cos since we came back from England 2 wks ago things have been hectic hardly had time tae bless maself let alone get on the boards, Monday I spent at Health Centre started Iron Injection,[5wk course] then yesterday Nev decide at last he had to see Doctor about his hand that he thought he had only sprained when he fell so couple of hours at Health Cenre again then of to Monklands hospital where the discovered he had a fracture in it now hes had his hand strapped up[god that means a will have tae cook and dae dishes hope he heals awfy quickly]
So hopefully will have time to get posting again laugh.gif
penny dainty
What a bunch of crocks we are , I pulled a muscle in my leg today at the gym, it hurts , sniff!
Anne1
aw diddums sad.gif
stratson
and tae add tae aw that ma left leg is playin' me up. laugh.gif

Anne1, poor Nev, it must be sore. your gonna jist hiv tae use paper plates, aye, some people hiv aw the luck>>>>>

Hope things get better. smile.gif
Anne1
Nae fun in getting auld is there Stratson hope your leg eases up doll biggrin.gif
Anne1
Nae fun in getting auld is there Stratson hope your leg eases up doll biggrin.gif
Java
Mornin' Annewan wub.gif

Ah'm wonderin' if it's safe tae come in here...everybody seems tae get injured when they post in here laugh.gif
Anne1
you can come in and help the injured java :lol

a keep getting double postings and its no ma fault honest
mamie
I think we are all in the same boat, with one thing and another. I was in glagow yesterday and could hardly walk by the time I came home wink.gif the bad news is I have to go back into day.!!!!!!!!!! one thing and another, it' no funny trying to get something to wear for a special occasion and another thing comfortable shoes that seem comfortable. Never mind as the saying goes it will be alright on the night, after a couple of glasses of wine, so if you see a wummin hirpiling aroon glasgow today, you'll know it's me. laugh.gif
CAT
Mamie you have my sympathy, when you need something for a special occasion thats the time you can never see anything.
I'm stuck in the office all day, quite glad really as I was out at business thing last night. A wee sail doon the clyde it wiz braw. It was great tae see the city from a different view. I wish I had taken my camera. We left from the pontoon outside the Crown PLazza which faces across the water to the BBC building at paccific quay. It was a stunning view on a lovely evening. I had taken a wrap with me in case I got cold but didn't need it. Maybe something to do with the wine!
Imagine me wee Cat fae Pollok sailing doon the clyde, quaffing wine eating canopes and disscusing architecture. Ma mammy will no believe me anyway maybe it's best not to say anything yiz aw know wit she's like aboot me goin near water laugh.gif
*wilma39*
Cat I know what you mean, sometimes when we look around we realize Glasgow is such a great city. When I'm in G/ Square there is always visitors clicking camaras. Talking about a sail doon the clyde, a couple of years ago I took a wee boat from the Broomalaw down to Braehead shopping centre, the man who was at the helm. told us all about the history of the ship building companies and the ships they built for all over the world. Anyway yesterday I managed to get something to fit me laugh.gif So lets go girls it's time to party, I'll forget about my pains and aches after I have a couple of glasses of wine.
witshisname
Headin over to the Cemetary and putting down some flowers for ma wee Ma,she would have been 78 today mellow.gif
annie laurie
Hello Bob,
Thinking of you, lovely of you to remember
She is watching over you and proud of you I am sure
Take it easy
Enjoy the rest of the day,

Feel like a blether come own in
Anne1
Had a wee drive up the Garsube Rd onto the Maryhill Rd then up Lochburn Rd on way to cemetary, felt very nostalgic
today seeing all the old places that meant so much to me, finished at cemetary and came back through Lambhill into Saracen then home still feeling a wee bitty weepie and nostalgic but it will pass sad.gif
Heather
Hey Anne if you passed out the Edinburgh Road you should have dropped in for a cup of tea.

With your hip, Neville's fractured hand, and my broken foot, we could have managed a cup of between us. But if not, we could have got Maurice to make it. He doesn't have a lot of breath to spare but he can still walk as he has two good hands and feet. laugh.gif

My commiserations to all of you with your aches and pains.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.