Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
glasgow lass
enjoy yerself angel<<<<<<<<<<how was the wee sail>>>>>>>>missed yoo tongue.gif
angel
the sail was terrific Lass, first time ever on a sailing ship was quite an experience and the wind really churned up those waves, they had the sails full out 'just flying with the wind", but Tyler my grandson did feel a wee bit seedy but he did,nt through up ,anyway it was a great day,thanks for asking.......!Were you there. tongue.gif
lindamac
Hiya everyone biggrin.gif My weekends gonnae be a bitty quieter than last weekend,we are just doing dvds tonight & maybe dinner & movie tomorow night.Last weekend we went to our friends farm to stay & we took in all the winerys in the district[Stanthorpe] taste testing & buying thge ones we liked,I ended up buying a lovely blended red wine, a fortyfyed wine called moonshine madness that tastes like black syrupy camp coffee of all things,a vintage port & some liqueurs too,one that was particularly appealing believe it or not , was a Lavender liqueur with gold leaf flakes floating around in it,it was in a bottle shaped like a Dolphin so was more like a snow storm thingy rether than an alchoholic beverage hehehe the other liqueurs I got were simular but whisky& caramel & a brandy based type of creamy liqueur such as yer Baileys very very delicious this stuff.I think I wish I was back at Stanthorpe this weekend too laugh.gif Hiccic!
CAT
Gosh Linda sounds awffy posh. The cyberpub might no be able tae keep up wi they standards. Have ye had a word wi penny? I'm glad you had a great weekend you've been on a bit of a roller coaster lately so its good to chill out.
I'm working on Saturday I don't know how I'll cope I don't do Saturdays but this is my second this year Wow. Anyway it keeps me away from the shops biggrin.gif
wee mags
Iam finishing cleaning up my kitchen ,my Cousin that I last saw when we were about 8or 9 is coming for a wee day visit on his way To Scotland ,he lives in California, he is a Presbyterian Minister ,his dad and mine were brothers ,he lived in Dunfermaline ,Iam looking forward to our wee meeting ,
CAT
Fantastic have a great time Mags. I love to catch up with family I haven't seen for many years you get to remember all the fun stuff from when you were wee. biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Slept all day as I was nightshift last night...one more night to go thank goodness.
I have a frozen shoulder and lifting heavy boxes is sure hard..apart from not getting much sleep for the pain!!
Catch up tomoz x
penny dainty
Right Linda , comin over to pick up all those liqures you bought , well someone has to save you from yourself laugh.gif
stratson
Hope your shoulder is better Joyce. It sounds like heavy work you do. Now that son is home perhaps you should take advantage and rest when your off. Difficult I know, easier said than done!

Linda, you are one high flier, your description of your alcoholic bevarages is enough to put one back on the drink, Good idea taking it easy this weekend. laugh.gif

Today must sound very mundane. I'm off tae howk oot ma tatties. rolleyes.gif
stratson
Having a day at home. Family coming for dinner, have to run the vacum round the place,
Cleaned and prepared all my veg last night.

Chicken to marinate in frig for 1 hour, then bake in oven,also have apple crumble to bake, will make a custard hot sauce, maybe they will prefer vanilla ice cream, whatever!

That's the big fella here, s'pose he will be making a cuppa fo his mammy biggrin.gif
RonD
We're gaun tae the Fegrus Highland games, the biggest in Ontario. Ma big bruvver is meetin' us there as he lives only 40 minutes away and we are an hoor an' a hauf. They're talkin' aboot thunder boomers though. Poor games goat flooded oot last year, their gate is gaunnae be doon. It is so sad, wi' events like this, the committee and the volunteers work hard a' year tae put it oan an' then tae be mercy o' the weather. Last night wiz nice. Our widowed next door neighbour had her 75th birthday party at her daughter's hoose and the whole extended family wiz there. It made us feel special tae, since we were only unrelated (tae them smile.gif )couple there.
wee mags
I hope the rain stays away Ron, I had a lovely day with my cousin and his wife ,they arived yesterday and stayed in the hotel that torag her hubby and chookie stayed at,we had a good chat and thhen we toured Nowaalk and they thought it just lovely ,then this morning it was off to ONiels for breakfast and then they headed for Newark airport ,they are waiting for their flight now so safe journey to them
RonD
Mags that sounds like a lovley day! We had a nice day at Fergus Highland Games ( another highland games ye missed Catherine!!) biggrin.gif , it poured down when we arrived but fine all day from then on.. I met my older brother there and we toured around and I ran into a lot of people I know through business and the games. I said to him did you notice all the people that said hello to me ...unless they see me coming first biggrin.gif Its very humid today, the first time we can complain about the heat this summer. Mrs. RonD bought a pottery dish with a Celtic design on it and I had a few beers so all was right with the world.!
penny dainty
Started work at 6.30 this morning , finished at 4 came home, tired and discovered the wee dog had been sick 7 times all in different places in the house. So once that was all cleaned up and an appointment made at the vet I get to sit down for half an hour , then vet , then make tea.
Was annoyed at first , but the poor wee dog looked so upset , I hadnt the heart to shout at her , well it wasnt her fault really , was it?
Anne1
going to a Mcmillan Nurses fund raising day in our complex weve got raffles cream teas and such like, should be a nice wee day laugh.gif
RonD
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 10th Aug 2009, 08:26am) *
Started work at 6.30 this morning , finished at 4 came home, tired and discovered the wee dog had been sick 7 times all in different places in the house. So once that was all cleaned up and an appointment made at the vet I get to sit down for half an hour , then vet , then make tea.
Was annoyed at first , but the poor wee dog looked so upset , I hadnt the heart to shout at her , well it wasnt her fault really , was it?

You are right Penny. No more than you would yell at a sick child. Even if the dog was doing something bad such as digging holes in the garden or knawing at the furniture. They don't understand why they are being yelled at or punished after the fact. You have catch a dog in the act of doing something naughty then you can let them know that is wrong.
stratson
P.D, hpe nothing seriously wrong with Molly, what did vet have to say? Trust not serious. Woof Woof Molly. smile.gif

Am very tired today and have been a lot recently, will follow this by taking it easy, go for a walk then home. Prepare light dinner for evening. That's about it for me today.
Mind you my g/daughter could turn up wiyh Zak then all could change. laugh.gif
Anne1
Today I have an appointment at Diabetic Eye clinic then we are of to Ullapool for the weekend, back Monday

Our wee complex raised 400 for Mc Millan nurses pretty good eh smile.gif
27stowst
400 quid!! That's brilliant. Well done. biggrin.gif How's Molly now? What did the vet say? Hope she's feeling better. smile.gif
27stowst
Sorry, started that post to say ... Enjoy Ullapool biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Hi all just sitting down with a coffee as I have washed the kitchen floor so have to keep out. Got my washing out am watching incase it rains...think it should be dry now....better get it in after coffee as it is SURE to rain lol rolleyes.gif
Heather
I did an ironing then some knitting while waiting for the rain to stop as the grass is badly needing cut. But the ground was too wet so maybe it will not rain tomorrow. Aye right.
Well we have to live in hope. rolleyes.gif
joycewilson
Hi all ben into town today...at last managed to get a nice light fitting from Next for my living room...having bother getting curtains my length grrrrrrrrrrr
Not long home had lunch off to get a birthday card posted off to my friend ...have a nice day all....lol Heather yeah we do live in hope lol x
penny dainty
Looks like Molly had a bad gastroenteritis, she was taken in and put on a drip overnight , we got her back on the Wednesday and she was flat for a few days , but thankfully she is all bouncy and puppy like again.
lindamac
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachmentOMG ohmy.gif Iam so sorry to hear Molly was ill hen how sad for the wee mite poor darls thats a heluva worry for yerself & Mr Dainty ,we know what it's like to have a sick dog matey ,they seem so helpless like weans sure they dae pal ocht ah wish wee Molly a speedy recovery & awe the best of good Health,cripes she lives a life of luxuary annawe ye widney hink she widdve ended up wi that? some folk jist take their duggs oot tae spread the germs eh? well some owners are careless & dae the wrang thing & some dinae clean up efter their duggs even when their sick.Oor poor darl Molly dog probably caught it oan her wee walkies due tae some careless dugg owner mad.gif .Hopefully Mr Dainty & yersel werent to upset for too long.Love tae yees awe! Ahm gled she is bouncing aroon again pals,gie her a wee cuddle frae us.xxx
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 20th Aug 2009, 03:13pm) *
Looks like Molly had a bad gastroenteritis, she was taken in and put on a drip overnight , we got her back on the Wednesday and she was flat for a few days , but thankfully she is all bouncy and puppy like again.
lindamac
Well ahve been hanging roon wi my daughter as she has had 2 weeks holiday so weev been tae shops n merr shops n merr shops LOl laugh.gif oot tae Lunches galore hospital appointments etc etc sorry ahve been affline so much folks missed yees awe jist the same though.ahm needing a rest thank Goodness she goes back tae work oan Monday hehehe ma purse needs a brek! laugh.gif
Anne1
well tonight ave been packing our case as we are of to england in the morning, going to be away two weeks babysitting[big babies] so looking forward to see them all as we havent seen them since xmas[too long] and Stratson ave got ma map so dont worry I wont get lost laugh.gif
lindamac
Las night we ended up out tae dinner at Lonestars steakhouse thereafter onto QPAC Theatre tae see the funny guys Hale & Pace,OMG I nearly hurt maself laughing seriously they were still as funny as always.

I said we ended up going oot but the truth is we forgot we had the tickets LOL laugh.gif our daughter came by tae say tae us tae hae a nice night oot & awe that & Neil & I looked at each other with Blank stares HUH huh.gif

Then Heather reminded us that she gifted us the tickets & a hundred bucks to go get dinner before the show as an early anniversary gift...

Ive never showered make up etc the lot so quickly in my puff OMG wur officialy auld what with becoming Grandparents soon & noo forgetting we huv a rer night oot planned.I was a Hilariously funny night awe the gether last night hehehe.

PS . Keep safe in yer travels Annewann make sure ye enjoy yer Grandweans hen Love tae yer good self & Nev xxx
stuarty
im sitting here listening and watching the pipe band championships at Glasgowgreen on bbc1 scotland on sky but you can get it live on the web also its great to watch them from all over the world nothing beats the skirl of the pipes and if you dont get goose bumps you ur no a true scot wub.gif
wee sammy
I just cut the grass and cleaned around the yard anything to keep me out of the Dog house wink.gif . Maybe she will let me go out for a Beer wub.gif
Anne1
today ive spent hobbling around as on Sunday we went to kids athletic meeting where I stubbed my big toe and was left with a badly bruised toe, yesterday when i got up couldny move my toe and today ended up at sons doctors and my toe all bandaged up so now cant even get a pair of shoes on great start to holiday and its same side as my broken hip great fun eh wub.gif wub.gif
penny dainty
Annewan, slap a big bit o steak on it , well they say it's good for black eyes , maybe it will help a black toe tongue.gif you can always slap it on the bbq afterwards, the steak I mean , not the toe. laugh.gif
joycewilson
Hi all, just slept today, dont think I miss much during the day when I see the rain, woke up feeling cold and shivery with runny nose sad.gif
angel
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 26th Aug 2009, 04:30am) *
Annewan, slap a big bit o steak on it , well they say it's good for black eyes , maybe it will help a black toe tongue.gif you can always slap it on the bbq afterwards, the steak I mean , not the toe. laugh.gif

Anne don,t listen tae that Penny, she"s mean as well...,she just used up
Aw the smilies,,, hope your toe disney fa aff.....ouch
penny dainty
Lol Angel , I often think the same , 2 is just not enough biggrin.gif There I left you one.
angel
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 26th Aug 2009, 10:01pm) *
Lol Angel , I often think the same , 2 is just not enough biggrin.gif There I left you one.

Ta a bundle Penny tongue.gif
Heather
Jings Annewan, your quickly becoming an accident looking for a place to happen. rolleyes.gif

Your no responsible for yourself when yer oot. wink.gif

Joyce, I've had a runny nose since I came home from America to all this rainy weather.

I'm having one of my sleepless nights. I went to bed at 10-30pm and could not get to sleep and it's now nearly 3am in the morning. It's not as if I sleep during the day. I am worn out from lack of sleep as I've hardly slept the last three nights.
27stowst
There's nothing worse Heather. Everything always looks or seems worse in the middle of the night. Have ye tried a wee hot toddy?? Or even hot milk? (Ah couldnae take that masel!! tongue.gif ) I've always been a night owl, even when ah worked full time! Hope ye get tae sleep soon. wub.gif
Heather
Stowst, I've tried every remedy in the book. I have bought every sleeping pill on the market. The last one's I bought were from Boots and the girl assured me they were really good. I was to take just one at night shortly before going to bed. It did nothing for me, so I tried taking two and did not even get a yawn out of them. sad.gif
penny dainty
Red wine Heather and plenty of it , come see me in the pub , i'll sort ye oot biggrin.gif .I swear by it when I cant sleep blink.gif
RonD
QUOTE (RonD @ 25th Aug 2007, 05:46pm) *
Tell us whit's up , urr ye goin' tae the shoaps or the pictures? Java is building a shed. Inga and I urr going tae the local children's camp where they're huvvin' a fund raiser wi' a Jazz Festival. It's an Estonian group so ah'll be drinkin' Saku beer.!!

This the first entry intae this post two years ago and this weekend is the third Jazz Festival. It has become such a success. Of course ah jump in feet first and ah'm knackered fae putting up signs and fencing. Huv a look jkjazz.ca Java did ye finish that shed yet?
Java
Ah refuse tae answer that oan the grounds it might incriminate me huh.gif Have a great festival pal...

(...wheesht George, they'll hear ye...) huh.gif
Heather
I tried that as well Penny, it did not work. If I take a couple of glasses all I get is a headache. rolleyes.gif
Gemini
today I have doctor's appt at 12 then I am going to p/u my sister and take her out for her 75th birthday it looks kinda dull out there so I hope the rain if it comes stays away till I get back home.
stratson
Nice surprise for your sister Gemini. Lovely she is in N.J with you. Enjoy your lunch. biggrin.gif

Are you near Cherryhill? My daughter lives there?

Went shopping to the ASDA today, all the jewellery(gold and diamonds) watches was half the marked price. Got a few Christmas presents in advance.

Also got a stock of light bulbs, after coming Tuesday will not be on sale, just the new eco ones, I don't like them. The fire bulbs, spotlights, screw in ones etc. Almost finished,
New law retailers will be fined 2,000 if they sell them after the ban.>>>Official. smile.gif
angel
Hi Anne, hope your poor big toe is feeling a bit better today,
Last week my cat scratched my leg just above the ankle and the darn think became infected, ' eg, the ankle' biggrin.gif so anyway I ended up with having to be on antibiotics for the past week but all is well now, I do hope you are feeling better. cheers
Anne1
Thanks Angel im not to bad still cant get shoe on but to crown it all Nev had a fall after he got out of bath, but luckily only staved his wrist my son says we are a liabilty to him think we will be getting shipped home early sad.gif Think this aging thing is catching up wae us awfy quickly smile.gif
27stowst
Nutatall Anne1, it's nothing tae dae wi' age!! How many times did ye faw when ye were a wean?? tongue.gif tongue.gif
angel
you see Anne ,you just listen tae stowst, she,s got a point there, I never gave that logic a thought before. laugh.gif
penny dainty
Hmmmm likin Stows logic too Angel.
Here you Annewan , did you push Nev oot the bath so you could dip yer big toe in it?? laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.