Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
joycewilson
Woke up early this am....have got my washing in and did all my ironing...just going to have a chill out day as I am back to work tonight....might get a snooze later on...got to wait on the tv arriving. x
CAT
You have a good one Joyce. I know how hard night shift can be I did it years ago when my kids were wee and survived on about 4-5 hours sleep a day. Couldn't do it now though.
I'm stuck in the office all day and I fell a wee bit queezy I hope it comes to nothing as I go on holiday on Friday. Hubby went to bed at 7pm last night and didn't get up till this morning so maybe its a wee 24 hour thing. unsure.gif
witshisname
QUOTE (RonD @ 10th Jul 2009, 11:41am) *
Bob, why don't ye go doon tae the Scottish and Irish shop, ah jist shipped them some macaroon bars. smile.gif

Hi Ron, I haven't been down to Bell's corners in over a year now (faimily don't want me visitin sad.gif ).I think I might be going down to Kanata at Christmas time,so I may pop in and get a few Macaroons...and a Haggis,and mibbe some choccie digestives..oh I better stop,my mouth is waterin.
I'm actually sitting here with a bottle of Irn-bru that I was givin as a gift,and it's Magic.
stuarty
my big brother and i cleaned my bedroom cupboards and rails out ant threw away all my old clothes and books shoes etc and carpet will be lifted tomorrow to put new ones down and there was over 12 bags so del is going to do a car boot sale and then any stuff left will go in the recycle bins it is such a great feeling to be rid of clutter and a will declutter all my ornaments next week hopefully a havent had any news to see the oncoligist yet they meet on wednesday and a suppose a will see them next week hopfully rolleyes.gif
CAT
What a busy bee you are Stuarty. I have promised a de-clutter when I get back from Hols.
I'm working today and I'm in de- mob mode already and I don't finish until tomorrow. cool.gif
Going to Mum's tonight, I'd better take her somewhere good as I won't see her next week.
joycewilson
Hi all, I had no choice with the de clutter...my son has done it all for me......and I aint been too happy with a lot of it lol
Have a nice time with your Mum CAT xxxxxx
RonD
This is a "the things ah dae furr ma wife" day. We're aff tae an art show which is 20 minutes north and west o' here in the mornin' then back furr lunch then away to the local Ribfest fifteen minutes south o' here. Both urr free entrance so ah'm OK! Ribfest is where there a four or five big "bubba" booths that comes up fae the States and for $20.00 you get s great big plate of BBQ ribs an' ye get tae votes who's the best wan. Being vegetarians ye wid ask why we're gaun at aw. Well, there's lots o' other things gaun oan tae. We cin always get chips as a rare treat, and there's art and crafts displays (the real reason we're gaun), any way we socialize mair in this toon than anywhere so we're bound run intae people we know, an' lastly! They huv beer!
joycewilson
Hi All, Well thats me got up having my wake up coffee before getting ready to head to Irvine for the weekend.....looking forward to packing my bag and going away for the weekend....catch up on Tue when I get back xxxxx
angel
sad.gif I have a few errands to attend to today, and as it,s nice outside I think I,ll leave the car and walk, this auld body needs the excercise unsure.gif
Isobel
Went to the pooL as usual , then had a ride on my bike ,I ride round our square about six times.Now I am about to tackle the laundry. Its a beautiful day, not to humid. Getting ready for four days in New York.
witshisname
Had to go renew My Drivers license today..had a new photy taken & no the camera didnae break...lol.
I then went across the road tae a big Mall I haven't been in in almost 8yrs,WOW was I surprised to see how much it had changed.
The Highlight of the walk through the Mall,was seeing the Big Swarovski crystal shop they have now,Absolutely Gorgeous stuff.
I think the cheapest piece was $400 and I saw a set of Parrott's for just under $4,000 ohmy.gif .
So it was a nice wee few hours I had out of the hoose.
stuarty
i was at oncoligists today then my son took me to the carpet shop and a got a great bargain a got a plum bedroom carpet and underly for 181 pounds ans tomorrow night I willl be back in my bed room on my memory foam oh comfort a cant wait all new bedding and pillows sheets duvets etc and room has been all painted am deid chuffed so a am wub.gif thanks to Sturt for picking it up and Derek laying it a job well done from both boys xxxxxx from mum and big huggles
angel
went out to the Galleria mall today with my sister and bought myself a
couple of nice outfits so it was a very nice day for both of us as she too bought a couple of outfits for herself. tongue.gif
glasgow lass
was there last weekend angel,,,, am sure'yil look lovely in yir new outfits. Going somwhere special are you.
angel
I,ts difficult to get clothing that fits Lass, without looking like mutton done up like lamb, anyway I think I was lucky this time got two nice suits ,
one a jacket and skirt and the other a jacket and dress . I,ve got several events comming up in August due to my niece being Married beginning of November.....! So how did you do … tongue.gif
glasgow lass
Hi angel, a did pretty good concidering that it wasn't a planned shopping day
but sput-of-the- moment outing. I bought some nice Egyptian bed sheets, 350 thread count
and towels all in crisp white., as Im going to a bridal shower in a couple of weeks.
I knew exactly what I wanted to give as a gift but couldnt find as great a quailty up here
as I knew I would find in the good'ol USA. biggrin.gif
Heather
Ron I was in an Irish shop in New Jersey but did not buy any macaroon bars as I took a load of them as well as scottish tablet, chocolate caramel bars, raspberry ruffle bars, bars of aero, cadbury's milk tray and oysters, the wafer kind you put ice cream into.
I also took packets of potato scones and chocolate caramel digestive biscuits. laugh.gif

I did buy a cream coloured umbrella with shamrocks dotted all over it. laugh.gif
RonD
QUOTE (Heather @ 24th Jul 2009, 01:01am) *
Ron I was in an Irish shop in New Jersey but did not buy any macaroon bars as I took a load of them as well as scottish tablet, chocolate caramel bars, raspberry ruffle bars, bars of aero, cadbury's milk tray and oysters, the wafer kind you put ice cream into.
I also took packets of potato scones and chocolate caramel digestive biscuits.

I did buy a cream coloured umbrella with shamrocks dotted all over it. laugh.gif

Whit nae Walnut Whips? biggrin.gif
RonD
Today is pretty full. I will be in the park for the highland Games, helping the new director of vendors set up their booths in where WE want them.to be. I had done this for the last two years . so I know all their tricks biggrin.gif then I have to set up a booth for MDW and a friend of hers as they are selling some crafty things. Tomorrow we will finsh up the vendors for late comers.then I will be "rover" on a 'gator' and havea walkie talkie to "put out fires" as things occur on the day, whether it repairing a fence or getting ice for the beer tent etc. It s makes for a full day, but I love seeing everyone enjoying themselves.
Anne1
Normal laugh.gif Saturday for me meet friend for coffee then of to bingo
joycewilson
Hi All,
Just back from a funeral at Holly Cross Chapel, a dear friend of my Mums was buried today.
Was nightshift last night, so am feeling tired now......
BUT....
Its Saturday at last and thats me finished work till Tue. My fella is coming to mine for the weekend, we are off out tonight, then tomoz my Mum is coming here for a few hours. She starts her radiotherapy on Mon.
Hope you all have a nice weekend xxxx
stuarty
Iwent shopping for ribena and dogfood and a ended up spending 66pounds dear dogfood eh laugh.gif
stratson
It was a lovely sunny day today. Went for a walk got couple of bits and bobs.

Have spent most of my time in my kitchen, cleaning. cooking. washing all my produce from garden which I brought home yesterday, distributed some to neighbour once it was dried and bagged, managed to get the window and blind washed, looking bright.

Son and I had dinner, he's off clubbing it tonight.
Am just going to conclude then get into my goonie and watch T.V.

Have a nice weekend folks. biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Had a nice long lie this am catching upith lack of sleep from yesterday, just waiting on my Mum to arrive she will stay for a few hours.
Dont know what I am doing later on my fellla had popped down to a pub in Brighton to see an old mate he worked on Rigs with, so we might pop out local for a few later.
Have a nice Sunday all x
wee mags
well me and mike are off to O,Niels for our Irish breakfast wink.gif

angel
Hope both of you enjoyed your meal Mags, I know we did. tongue.gif tongue.gif
penny dainty
Same as usual , work , gym , home to make the tea, jings I really need to get a life!!
joycewilson
Got a doors appointment for this afternoon then having my son and his girl friend here for dinner as he has a case to pack as they are off on a cruise tomoz....my friend is coming over later to catch up x
CAT
Hi guy's jis back from Turkey it wis so hot ah thought a wis a turkey being slowly roasted laugh.gif

Back at work now sad.gif Had a great time but now it's back to work and cooking, cleaning, washing, ironing..... ye gettin the picture.

Joyce dae ye think there's any room in your sons case??
joycewilson
Hi CAT hope you had a nice holiday, went to Turkey last year and loved it.
Back to noraml for you now eh?
I am going to have my few wake up coffees then head into town need to get a curtain rod and some curtains today for my living room.
Room in Scotts case lol CAT I doubt it...I will have a more relaxing holiday here without him lol x wink.gif
davidhendry
Been sitting here for 8 hours trying to unravel the secrets of this machine.
No I,m the original numpty.So, now to unwind over a few glasses of our most famous export. It isn,t Scotch, but at 30Rupees a glass who cares.
Have a good all.
Regards.
davidhendry
MISSED OUT :DAY: Sorry.
CAT
Enjoy Davy ! I'm stuck in work and not too happy about it. My sons birthday today but as he's on night shift I may not see him but I'd better have cake ready just in case. A wee greggs number tae be precise laugh.gif
stuarty
I OPENED ALL MY BOXES OF FLOWERS AND CARDS AND A NEW BIRD FEEDING STATION nd my son stuart abd emma his girlfriend got me a porcilin mug with a yorkie and my name on it and loits of bird seed and different kinds of mixtures like sunflower bells aND NUT hangers coconut with fat ans seed in and some grub suet so my garden will be full of the little birds in the garden all installed so when a get up a shall be studying them to see what wee birds have visited it laugh.gif
penny dainty
Just don't hang any of them near the washing line Stuarty laugh.gif
lindamac
Iam getting us packed up to Go to my friends farm in stanthorpe for the weekend,It's freezing up there at night so it's the winter warmer jamjams & dressing gooney & jumpers etc.We are attending a family farewell dinner for my pals daughters return to teaching up north again ,so it will be a bitter sweet party. wub.gif smile.gif
joycewilson
Well came in from work just after 7am, had a joiner coming who was here till almost 2pm, did some housework and ironing while he was here to try and catch up a bit...was shattered by the time he left!!!
Never mind another bit of work complete...I sometimes wonder IF this flat will ever be finished.
My son went on a cruise on Tue so gives me a week to get things back in order as much as I can always easier when no ones around isnt it?
I will just have to do an hour a day then I have the full weekend, things are taking shape but rather slowly rolleyes.gif

Enjoy your weekend linda x
Heather
Linda I don't like these goodbye parties. They can be very upsetting to emotional people like me.

When I was coming home from America I said to my g'son. " I hate these goodbye's ".

After we got through Customs and waved the final goodbye to my sister, I saw my g'son looking at me but I just stared ahead. A few minutes later he looked again and the tears were flowing down my face. He gave me a hug and said, " your right gran, your not very good at these goodbye's. sad.gif
penny dainty
OOH I feel ,for you Heather, I am exactly the same , I hate goodbyes with a passion, I get so upset. sad.gif
CAT
Just spent a lovely we half hour reading through some old topics and also some new replys. What a fantastic place this is everyone has an opinion and as far as I can read on the whole most people weather they agree or not the alway's agree to disagree in friendly grown up way.
LOVE IT!!

It's a great wee place to unwind smile.gif wub.gif
joycewilson
Agree with you CAT a great site and lots to look at too.
Well I had a good sleep today, just having a few coffees to wake myself up before I get ready for work. Off to East Kilbride tomoz to see my friend and have a wander round the shops x
Anne1
Nae bingo for me today, going out for Birthday lunch with daughters &g/daughter my middle daughters birthday is Tuesday but as they all work its gt to be today, maybe manage bingo the night[hopefully]
stratson
Was planning a trip to Ayr if weather was nice, however, surprise, surprise Joyce, alternative is a trip to East Kilbride as shops are all undercover.
In the meantime am pondering. biggrin.gif

Have a nice lunch with the family Anne1, get tae yer bingo the night, you might miss the snowball.

Euro mills, will be paying me£6.44 for two numbers and 1 lucky star. My son has had this 3 weeks in a row. Afraid it does not excite me>>>>Am hoping for the big one>>>Oh happy days. laugh.gif
RonD
Oh wonderful, ah slept in tae hauf seven, the highland games finished last Sunday, Monday we cleaned up the park, then it seemed as though aw ma customers hud sugar withdrawal, ah worked tae 8 every evenin' this week. That's a lotta walnut whips. So today, a liesurely breakfast, then huv a look at a neglected yard then off tae a barbeque at ma sister's in law wi' another couple. Life's good again.
penny dainty
Where's my curly wurly mr D?
stuarty
just had a lazy day and duvet dived nearly all day as a wanted a shut the world off until a got a few calls oh and stratson we do laugh when we chatter the world and its wife away you always make me smile thanks mammy1 you r 1 in a million huggles xxxxxx wub.gif
27stowst
Ah went tae Barras wi' ma grandson and got a border cos he's just papered and painted his room. We took a quick walk round but it was almost 4pm and most places were closing. We then went to Asda at the Forge and he got a wee stereo and then we went to Tesco Shettleston and he got a dvd player. We came home and chilled for a while and he played with his new stereo and made the dinner. Then we went and put his border up! Room looks lovely. Hope ye feel more like facing the world and saying eff it tomorrow Stuarty. Big hugs hen. biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Morning all got to get some shopping done today as my son comes home from his holiday today...and my nice we eflat will be upside down again mellow.gif
Had a nice weekend got all I was looking for in east Kilbride one shop as well got a lovely coffee table, lamp table, lamp and mirror will be delivered in a week or so.
Shopping for me then a wee lie down later as its back to work for me tonight x
stratson
Well done Joyce on saturdays shopping.Your doing well in the furnishing dept.
I didn't get to E.K. on Saturday. Ended up at Mandors looking for fabric. Got a good soaking with it.
Was in the Savoy Centre and was looking at a unit with some beautiful coffee tables and lamps , all in a black theme. Was very attractive. One in particular £375.......(only looking) No plans to make any changes)

Have got my bedroom window done and inner curtaining on rail.(used to get all my windows done in an afternoon, how times changes your habits.) Going to shower as I feel very warm.

Will attempt to put the ironing table up. The ironing fairly mounts up. Wish I could twitch my nose and it miraculously would be completed. laugh.gif

angel
going now to pick up my grandson., he comes for supper tonight. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.