Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
angel
well thats Andy into the semi finals, in jig time I might add
Heather
Anne like you I always take more clothes than I need, so this year I'm limiting myself and being carefull.
Mind you I said that whenI went to Poland last year and even used a smaller suitcase and for the first time ever I was overweight.
I still say Prestwick Airport ripped me off as I was not the only one said to be overweight.
stuarty
hello all I got out of hospital today but some of my assessments had to be stopped as on tuesday they found somthing on my right lung and I have to go to Harley st alliance clinic fpr a P.E.T SCAN amd them I will go back to the harefield next wedneday for my results if it is just scarring the assessment will carry on at another date but if no i shall be sent to the royal marsden for treatment so am all confused and in fear but what will be will be and next wednesday roll on as a wont have any nails left at this rate so if am not to chatty you all know why huggles to u all from stuarty wub.gif
Heather
Awe Stuarty, I'm sorry to hear that news. I know it's easy to say but hard to do, keep calm and try not to worry.
When any of the family were worried about anything, our mum always had the same reply: It's all in the hands of the good Lord.

Here's a wee prayer of St. Augustine:
Trust the past to the mercy of God, the present to his love, the future to his providence.

Take care.
Elma
So sorry to hear your news Stuarty, however, don't give up I'm sure the news you'll get will be good. I will add you to our prayer group though. wub.gif
wellfield
Will be thinking of you Stuarty,be positive.
wellfield
Had a lovely day--I had a visit from a Glasgow couple who were out this way visiting their Daughter,great folks and great gossip,catching up on all the latest!
Anne1
Stuarty hang on in there you will be fine youve got a lions heart and theres loads of people behind you praying for you, Easy Does It girl
Thanks for my card from Rome.
stratson
Am presently watching the semi-finals on court one in between on G.G. Hoping for a Murray win.

To Anne1, thank you for my P.C.

Iwas in Blackpool 22-26th June, was unwell so only got abroad cards sent, was planning doing home one's from Cleveley's, c'est la vie!

My g/weans didn't get one either, however had bought the rock and other sweets so hoping that made up for no P.C.

smile.gif
lindamac
Iam offsky to the movies & lunch with a mate tomorow looking forward to it.
penny dainty
... and I'm going to work tomorrow, can't wait.Oh I'm such a liar laugh.gif
lindamac
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 6th Jul 2009, 04:46pm) *
... and I'm going to work tomorrow, can't wait.Oh I'm such a liar laugh.gif

laugh.gif Ocht ma poor wee Penny gots tae work hard furra penny awwweee.A penny fur yer thoughts hen LOL have a good day pal see ya oan the weekend eh.
penny dainty
Indeed you will biggrin.gif
Anne1
Got to go town centre,few odds and sods to see to, going to have lunch out then home,
Catch up with you soon penny laugh.gif
CAT
Hope ye don't get caught in that rain that just came on Anne.
I'm stuck in the office today filling in a 3 million page tender document. I feel really groggy as I had to take my strong pain killers twice during the night so might just put my head on my desk for 5 mis. ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz
glasgow lass
Hi Cat, good to see you back, a was the same last week as a hurt my knee doing cartwheels and was gived pain killers, tylenol#3 with codeine, a took wan and a was like a zombie for rest of the day, kin'yi hear me ,,,, wakey wakey wake up!. smile.gif
CAT
Just about lass. Good job ye wee here tae wake me. Roll on home time I'll be hittin the hay early the night rolleyes.gif
stratson
As little as possible today for me, not long out of bed. Had a good rest after a hard evening working in my allotment.
Ifeel for you Cat and Penny, know what it is as I am in constant pain controlled with medication, often nod off and hallucinate.
Cat, rest is the best cure I have found so get home and rest, even just elevating yourself on a recliner.
Those tablets Penny , Tylenol and Codeine are dangerous, you probably are aware of this.
No wonder only one knocked you for ten.
Keep well. smile.gif
CAT
Well I'm still awake (I think) Not long before I go home although it's about 7 before I get to sit down or in tonights case lie down laugh.gif
Stratson I feel for you as I only have this problem now and again I don't think I could function if I had to take it on a regular basis.
Anne1
Hi Cat, nice to see you back on the boards wel,l I missed the rain but now we have thunder and lightning and its quite heavy ages since we had the thunder thankfully, today am trying to be good and catch up with letters and pm s been so lazy since I got back.
Lass whit were you doing kartwheels for???????? laugh.gif
joycewilson
Hi Everyone,
Not long up, having my toast and coffee. I had to get up for the telephone man coming this am as I have had a fault in my line a few days now, think it is something to do with the work going on outside my flat!!
Never mind all sorted now, I have the joiners coming round later on to do some shelves in my hall and living room cupboards....does not look like a great day weather wise so I will mess about indoors and try and get some housework done xxx
stratson
Joyce, your a busy wee bee. Am hoping to get up to garden. Weather is not too promising so all that could change. House would get dusted and vacumed. C'est la vie. smile.gif
CAT
I'm just having a wee break from work. Still not feeling too clever so I'm not going to push myself too hard today. mellow.gif
angel
As it was my grandson"s 9th birthday ,this weekend we went on little mini vacation for a couple of days as a birthday treat to one of the beach resorts not to far from here ,he had a wonderful time and now today I am doing nothing, I feel like I have done a few cartwheels myself cool.gif tongue.gif
witshisname
I went oot today and got maself a haircut as i got fed up wae aww the weans pointing at me and shouting "SANTA'',I let the auld beard grow too long and since it was nothing but Grey it was depressin...lol.
CAT
Nothin up wae looking like Santa he's the most famous guy in the world and loved by millions biggrin.gif
Feeling a wee bit better the day so catchin up with my workload. Going out tonight on my usual Wednesday night drive with mum. Please don't let her want fish and chips tonight I'm not ready for that. Maybe we'll stop in somewhere and I can get a wee light bight.
stratson
Just lazing around, doing washing, vacum and dust a wee bit polish here and there. If any energy left before teatime will get the chamois oot. All at my own pace which is slow those days.
laugh.gif
CAT
QUOTE (stratson @ 8th Jul 2009, 02:33pm) *
Just lazing around, doing washing, vacum and dust a wee bit polish here and there. If any energy left before teatime will get the chamois oot. All at my own pace which is slow those days.
laugh.gif

If thats lazing I hate tae see ye busy Stratson laugh.gif If you've any energy left I know a wee place in the East End that could do with that sort of lazing..So if yer no too busy........
stuarty
WAS AT HOSPITAL TO GRT TOLD THAT IT IS DEFINATLEY CANCER IVE HAD BETTER DAYS WILLIAM CAME DOWN WITH ME BUT HE WENT TO PIECES AND WAS AS MUCH USE AS A CHOCOLATE TEAPOT SO IM BACK AT MY LOCAL HOSPITAL FOR A CONCULTATION AS TRANPLANT OP IS NOT AN OPTION NOW AM GUTTED AND TO BE HONEST TEARFUL VERY TEARFUL A SUPPOSE ITS ALLOWED ON THIS OCCASSION wub.gif
glasgow lass
Annewan a do them for wee latino.
Anne1
Stuarty stay strong a day at a time
Anne1
Lass tell me n o more y poor wee Latino laugh.gif
CAT
Stuarty I'm saddened by your news but Anne is right stay strong girl. When your given such a diagnosis things seem very black. But I know from my own and close friends and families experience even the worst sounding cancers can be dealt with. The main thing is to take in as much posotive information as you can and fight the negative. Again as Anne say on day at a time. Thing of you Big hugsxx wub.gif
angel
thinking of you Stuarty, I can,t read the other "prayers of hope thread'
because of those bliddy adverts.
Anne1
Early rise for me today got hospital appointment for another CT scan so back to the waiting game for results, also got to go to bank and do a few bits and pieces then will take my wee neighbour down to our complex for coffee as normal rolleyes.gif
CAT
My you are a busy bee Anne ! I'm stuck in work but I've got a lot on my mind today so I'm not concentrating too well. Popping in and out of GG can be quite theraputic smile.gif
witshisname
well it's an early start to the day for me,so I'm wunnerin why the sun isnae up...lol.
Just another friday for me,wait til my pals show up go catch a movie,get the shopping in and do laundry..soooo exciting..lol.
RonD
Bob, why don't ye go doon tae the Scottish and Irish shop, ah jist shipped them some macaroon bars. smile.gif
Elma
Not too much today, finish the laundry (where does it all come from!), pay some bills, off to the post office and then the bank and then on to our store to do my volunteer job getting the DVDs prepared and in their cases ready to put out on the shelves on Tuesday. While I'm in the store I'll have some gelato, freshly made in store, it is soooooo good, my favourite is tiramisu or caramel............... who will join me? tongue.gif tongue.gif
joycewilson
Hi all...mmmmm Elma that sounds lovely...
Well I have slept all day as I was nightshift last night lol seems to be the story of my life !!!
Well last night tonight till Tue...so I am just having a relaxing coffee before I head to shower...looks like its been a nice day here today x biggrin.gif
angel
have to go , going out for a fish tea tonight with some friends. tongue.gif
penny dainty
Shopping this morning , then slaving over a hot stove making dinner for tonight, well no really , scotch broth is in the slow cooker and the chocolate mousse is chilling in the fridge, steak pie is made and I'll do the veg's later.
Anne1
Usual routine for me today meet friend for coffee then afternoon bingo rolleyes.gif
stratson
Going food shopping today, giving garden a day off.(Need it to rest my weary bones) laugh.gif

Anne1, hope you have some luck at bingo this afternoon.
Hope you are fully recovered from your fall in the snow. smile.gif
lindamac
My daughters expecting our 1st Grandbaby so Neil & I took our daughter & her fella out to purchase a new cot for their expectant baby,I also bought a portacot for keeping at my house for when baby arrives so we had a wonderful time doing new Grandparent baby shopping biggrin.gif Thereafter we caught Iceage movie at pictures wth them.My saturday was restful & we went tae pennydaintys hoose fur dinner so I spent the evening eating awe that delicious grubb oor pennydainty made fur us Pure Magic especialy that chocolate mousse pure sin in a dish laugh.gif aye double delish!
penny dainty
Took a wee trip into Brisbane city centre today, hadnt planned on going in , but so glad I did.Wall to wall Glasgow Celtic supporters in the Queen Street Mall.Celtic are here playing the Brisbane Roar in a friendly and it is amazing the amount of Supporters who have come over for the match.All you could hear was Scottish accents and football songs "and the Glasgow Celtic will be there", brought a wee tear to my eye.There I was in the middle of Brisbane surrounded by my kinsmen, a truly awesome experience.Wish now I had gone with Mr Dainty and Mr Lindamac to the game.
lindamac
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment ocht sure it's magic that The Celtic are here tae say Hello tae us expats frae Sunny Scotland,ocht wish ah was in the toon wi ye the day hen.I betya oor JimmyD & Celtichick widdve jined us had they been nearer tae us annawe Penny Click to view attachment

QUOTE (penny dainty @ 12th Jul 2009, 04:08pm) *
Took a wee trip into Brisbane city centre today, hadnt planned on going in , but so glad I did.Wall to wall Glasgow Celtic supporters in the Queen Street Mall.Celtic are here playing the Brisbane Roar in a friendly and it is amazing the amount of Supporters who have come over for the match.All you could hear was Scottish accents and football songs "and the Glasgow Celtic will be there", brought a wee tear to my eye.There I was in the middle of Brisbane surrounded by my kinsmen, a truly awesome experience.Wish now I had gone with Mr Dainty and Mr Lindamac to the game.

Ocht I know witt yer meaning penny hen I was thinking the very same thing maself as ahm sat at this PC alone laugh.gif we shouldve gone wi thum pal,mibees the next time eh/
CAT
Just popped back in as I'm having a wee break from my Ironing. We're going to Turkey on Friday morning. I love holidays but hate packing. As usual my oh so rightious other half has his all ironed and packed already. I've been dropping hints all weekend hoping he'll take pity on me and do mine laugh.gif It's hard to live with such a speciman of organised prefection laugh.gif
angel
been living in a constuction zone this past week, the city is putting in new storm sewers in the road outside, it sounds like bedlam with the noise and all the dust that those great machines make, anyway it,s now about 5.30pm so all is quite until tomorrow 7.am when all hell breaks loose again.
so now I am away out now to cut the grass and Cat you have a nice holiday. smile.gif
penny dainty
Just got a beef casserole in the slow cooker then off to work , could be 8 or 9 before I finish tonight, depends when the doctor decides to honour us with his prescence as to when we start, the sooner we start , the sooner we finish. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.