Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Anne1
Just back from hospital after seeing Dr who done my CT scans in Nov now wants to do more in July/Aug, is there no end to all these tests, should be grateful really I know, but jist having a wee moan, anyay Penny you made my day thanks for phone call.
Bought my self an IPod and am now trying to down load some cds onto it all i need is how to switch it on laugh.gif laugh.gif
penny dainty
Was my pleasure Annewan, here is that your Shirleywan I saw in the new recruits topic?I told her I was always nice to you, so she'll be my pal noo. laugh.gif
Thanks again for the beautifl gift, I'll wear them tonight when the family go out for dinner.
G.L what springs don't know what you mean! rolleyes.gif
scoob77
i am going to look at my new house today smile.gif
RonD
That's sounds like an exciting day, scoob! smile.gif
stratson
Looks like y'all have nice things happening. biggrin.gif

Am deffo immigrating this winter, mind you is feeling like it right now.
When are we ever gonna get a decent summer in Glasgow.?
Last year was a total wash out.
So far this one is being the same.

Down south seems to be getting any decent weather that's going.

So today looks like more hoosey stuff for me. rolleyes.gif

glasgow lass
Hi stratson, no I do not have a large yard/garden( you had asked me a few posts back ) its actually one of the smallest lots on the st, jist the way I like it, less work and fuss, yet a do love it when its all been cared for, about once a week is all it requires to keep it looking nice. The homes on my st are about 20yrs old, have lovely mature trees on each side that touch in the middle during the summer months and put on a spectacular show during fall, cheers Lass smile.gif
lindamac
Ahm jist gaun oot n aboot the shoaps the day taking it slow neasy huvney been well so shopping always lifts ma spirits or mibees ah should lift massel some spirits heheheClick to view attachment nah prefer the ither kindClick to view attachment laugh.gif
Heather
We had men from Environmental Health out yesterday as we heard noise's coming from the loft.

They said there was a family of squirrels up there and they put down a trap. The men came back today and one squirrel had been caught in the trap.
The men said they are young one's and called kittens. It seems the mother ate through the side tile of our roof, had it's young in our loft and left them there. The young one's don't know how to get out.

The men left another trap and will be back on Monday as they are sure there are another two squirrels still there.

So now we have to get a Roof Tiler out to replace the tile as it has a big hole in it.

I never knew that squirrels could eat through tiles, but the men said they can eat through anything and they have made quite a mess eating through boxes, insulation and everything in the loft. The danger is if they chew the electric cables and if they do, we will all go up in a puff of smoke. sad.gif

Linda, I hope you treated yourself sufficiently to give your spirits a big lift. smile.gif
glasgow lass
Well Im cleaning my house today a love that pledge small, so ah've got that Saturday morning feelin and its only Friday laugh.gif laugh.gif am a no amazing
glasgow lass
Heather a thought that it was only nurn who had a wee zoo at home smile.gif pesty wee thing eh! huh.gif
Heather
Lass, they are American grey squirrels, so I'm sending the bill for the roof repair to my sister in the USA, she must have brought them over with her when she was here last year. wink.gif

Actually we have had them running all over the garden for ages and watch their antics running up the fence and across the shed. I never knew they could run up the wall and chew their way into our loft. biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Oh aye Heather yi have'tae keep an eye on they American expats. We had some to Heather and they liked to go down the chimney for some reason. Thank god I kept the damper closed when fire was out, we had to put a steel wire grate around the chimney to keep them out, we've had no problem since, good luck Heather, biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Hi all hope your weekends a good one. Im just catching up on line then off to shower for my work then off work till wed night got loads to get done at home. Off to see my Mum tomoz night then the weekend is mine to mess about at home and pop on and off line take care all xxxxxxxx
stuarty
Lydia is here with her dad and she sat her stats and the school are trying to win her a scholarship to go to a private school as she is so advanced clever lassie thats me grandwean wub.gif

Heather
Lass, we don't have a chimney, none of the house's about us have them. The house's were built in the late 1970s.

We are reporting the mother squirrel to the Social Services for abandoning it's young. laugh.gif
stratson
Hope yours is too Joyce, trust all is well with your Mum, she will be lookin' forward to seeing you.
Things will work out, you'll see, you take care.x

G/Lass, your street sounds very nice. Think trees along the road does enhance the place.

Was at home all day today, you'd never believe the things I find to do in this wee hoose.
You'd think a regiment lived here, always in and oot for cups o' tea.

Och well, the Euro Millions is 110 Millions, canny wait tae check it the night, am no greedy, wan million will dae me fine laugh.gif
stuarty
a never got a ticket for euro the night sad.gif
Heather
Stuarty, the bad news is, you have won nothing.

Awe never mind, you have a clever wee g'daughter. smile.gif

My problems with AOL still go on. Yesterday I received a letter from a Collection Agency.
I sent it to the Sunday Mail Judge.
Anne1
Wha a miserable day for a Saturday well today not meeting friend for coffee shes sunning herself in Greece lucky wummin, still Nevs coming out to Bingo with me last night he called hefor 150 house but had to share still 75 pounds not to b sneezed at. He seems to be on a lucky streak long wink.gif may i last.
stratson
Hope Nev's luck holds. couldn't happen to a nicer guy. biggrin.gif
Aye, tis a miserable day Anne1.

Have to go to gardens as my tomatoes and bedding plants in greenhouse have to be watered, Maybe sew some seeds while there, hate to waste a journey.

Probably take the bus from there which stops at ASDA Toryglen and have a look around, take a taxi home.

So much for the good summer we were supposedly having. sad.gif
glasgow lass
I hope the weather picks up for you all over there, its not that promising here either. am going out wae ma big sister for the day laugh.gif, so see'yi all after biggrin.gif
Heather
This rain is non-stop. The bottom of our drive is flooded, you would need a pair of wellingtons to paddle through it.

Anne, hold on to that money, I might need a tap to bail me out when the Collection Agency come for me.

They're coming to take me away ah ha. sad.gif
angel
going out today and get some grocery shopping done and who knows I,just might find something nice to wear on my travels and tomorrow I will be doing my mothering thing, Happy mother day to everyone, hope the weather brightens up a bit. tongue.gif
angel
QUOTE (Heather @ 9th May 2009, 01:40pm) *
This rain is non-stop. The bottom of our drive is flooded, you would need a pair of wellingtons to paddle through it.

Anne, hold on to that money, I might need a tap to bail me out when the Collection Agency come for me.

They're coming to take me away ah ha. sad.gif

Heather does this mean you won,t be in the pub for awhile.... Just wondering!!! rolleyes.gif
Heather
Well Angel, if I end up in the clink, I won't be going to any pub.

AOL are now trying to make out that I knew AOL Broadband and AOL UK were two separate Companies, and I never did know that. So I told them if they are separate Companies, then AOL Brodband acted illegally when the gave my Bank details to AOL UK who were debiting my Bank account for 5-48 every month.
They said when you sign up to AOL Broadband you automatically sign up to AOL UK. But I have my Contract with AOL Broadband in writing and there is no mention of AOL UK or paying them 5-48 for McAfee every month.
McAfee would not download to my Laptop and I emailed AOL Broadband numerous times telling them this and to stop taking the 5-48 off my Bank account, but they still continued to take it, so I got the Bank to stop paying AOL.

So now it's at the Collection Agency stage.

I have already been in contact with the Sunday Mail Judge about this, so a few days ago I sent the Judge the letter from the Collection Agency.
Now I have to wait and see what happens. unsure.gif

It's enough to drive you to drink.
angel
hi Heather, Hope it all works out for you. smile.gif
Anne1
they are coming to take her away ha ha
angel
well got all my shopping done today,plus a couple of items for myself
so I,m quite happy but although I bought groceries I hav,nt a bloody thing for my own supper. tongue.gif
angel
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 9th May 2009, 08:54pm) *
they are coming to take her away ha ha.......................
..................How Soon tongue.gif
Anne1
very very very soon laugh.gif laugh.gif
angel
Dream on, Anne. laugh.gif
Heather
Heartless you are, so heartless the pair of you.

When the Debt Collection Agency come to my door I'll be out the back door and over the fence.

All this carry on for 64-00, and at the end of the day it's AOL who owe me money.

That's why I refused to pay them. tongue.gif
Anne1
a believe ye tongue.gif
stuarty
I joined GG4years ago today the best thing i have ever done on the internet met friends and ahd laughs and tears and great happyness and genuine friends thanks to you all for 4 years and the best has yet to come whoopeee wub.gif
Anne1
well im off to the physio again so that I get fit for ma holidays and then afterwards a wee bit of holiday shopping for me.
Fours is a long time Stuarty glad you joined doll or I wouldnt have met you laugh.gif laugh.gif
stratson
Anne1, nice sunny day should also help, you deserve the upcoming holiday after the bad times recently. smile.gif

stuarty, seems like I have known you forever, we were all lucky when you joined G,G, smile.gif

Is such a pleasure having sunshine and feeling good, at least some gardening will get done. Going to make up my lunch box and medicines for today. hope to catch up later.
glasgow lass
Looks like a lovely day here, sun's out but still chilly, forgot to get something at the mall on Saturday,,,,, so busy talking, then its off tae work till about six tonight laugh.gif laugh.gif
Heather
I've been ironing all morning so that is it all done. Not as much as a ribbon left to iron, but the next lot is coming up soon as I have a washing on.
It's true, a woman's work is never done.

I had the Environmental Health here again this morning and the trap they left caught another squirrel.

I had a laugh when they came, they announced themselves as Pest Control and I told them the pest was at the Doctor's. laugh.gif

On their way out one of them said there still one squirrel in the loft and he would be back tomorrow as he needed it to finish off his Davie Crocket hat. :lol

Anne when and where are you going on holiday????
angel
Hi stuarty, I must say it has been an experience meeting you on the boards, never a dull moment and what you did to the english language
has been quite an accomplishment, so here hoping that you have another great four years on the boards , be well, Angel. tongue.gif tongue.gif
angel
hi Heather, when you said the environmental health, for a wee minit I thought you had,nt paid them either. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Heather
No no Angel, a mammy squirrel climbed up the wall, ate through a corner tile and got into our loft. She had three young one's then got off her mark and the wee squirrels are eating everything they can get their teeth into and scurrying about everywhere. So we called out the Pest Control people and they set traps to catch what they call ' kittens'.

angel
Heather had a similar problem a few years back but it was birds in the loft,
so I called in the people and they did their job and put little frames over the loft vents to keep the birds out, anyway a few days later I could here what I thought was birds chirping/ tweeting so I called those guys back again, they checked all over the loft but not a bird in sight and then, an then! Low and Behold they discovered it was,nt the birds I was hearing, it was the battery in the smoke detector that was running low and it emits this sound to let you know it,s time to replace it, . Now and then there,s a fool such as I . tongue.gif tongue.gif
Anne1
oh angel nae comment laugh.gif
angel
aw Anne jist try.. laugh.gif
Heather
It's really is squirrels we have Angel. When they go into the trap to get the food the trap breaks their neck. unsure.gif

When they came down today with a dead one in a bag one of the men asked me if I wanted to see it.
I told him, " if you open that bag you'll be picking me up off the floor because I'll pass out ". He laughed as he thought that funny, but I was serious. ohmy.gif
angel
hi Heather, I do believe you, hope you get rid of them because they are very distructive and you will have to get some work done with the tiles to stop them getting in again. smile.gif
joycewilson
Hi all...having a cuppa....been busy with housework and washing all day today and yesterday....so good to get things out to dry...have a nice day all xxxxxxxxx
Elma
It is election day here in British Columbia, 85 ridings in the Province. I am getting ready to go to work in our local arena where I am supervising 9 polls. It's going to be a long day as we are open from 9 am to 9 pm and then the votes are counted there too, I expect to be getting out of there about midnight as we also have a referendum at the same time!! Hoping to hear the right results at the end of the day..............we'll see biggrin.gif
stuarty
QUOTE (angel @ 11th May 2009, 02:19pm) *
Hi stuarty, I must say it has been an experience meeting you on the boards, never a dull moment and what you did to the english language
has been quite an accomplishment, so here hoping that you have another great four years on the boards , be well, Angel. tongue.gif
aww thanks ANGEL you bring a lot to the board yourself so keep postong girl as a love GG its a great place to travel and not even leave the hoose wub.gif
penny dainty
that it is stuarty laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.