Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Heather
As it's a nice sunny day here in Glasgow I went out and hoed the borders in the front garden.
Also cut dead bits off the rose bushes.

Although I had on gardening gloves, my fingers were numb when I came in.
stuarty
QUOTE (angel @ 26th Mar 2009, 12:09am) *
I was checking out the high beams on my car the other day and I could,nt get them to stay on, so I took the car to the mechanic, anyway it turned out that the high beams won,t go on unless the car lights are on, which I don,t have to do because they come on automatically and as I was trying these lights out during daylight of course the high beams would not come on, talk about
dumb, uh,,, anyway the man must have known I was,nt to bright so he did,nt charge me for his time or the lesson on car lights. tongue.gif

Angel you are wan lucky lassie a remember when the weans were younger a couldny get to change a 72pence side bulb and they charged me 10pounds labour to fit it nooo thats daylight robbery but a watched how he did it and a wouldny get caught oot like that again but thats surrey for you they think we ur loaded a wish laugh.gif
Rabbie
QUOTE (Heather @ 28th Mar 2009, 06:27pm) *
Although I had on gardening gloves, my fingers were numb when I came in.

Awe Heather, come oan in fur a big warm mug o tea, some choccy hobnobs, jaffa cakes an a nice lang blether.

We could pit the wurld to rights, or left. But I am twa dimensionally *sp* challenged *haha* I always look up for inspiration, then it rains...

<Getting ra kettle oan the bile.

Have to keep hushed aboot this wan, there is a caur load o GG on tour, an I bet the awe want oor jaffa cakes.

An I last heard Melody wus on the pipes!

biggrin.gif
lindamac
Iam just waiting oan PennyDainty & her Husband tae arrive,they are just back frae their holidays & are popping intae ma hoose furra wee cuppa cannae wait tae see ma pals ahve missed thum. wub.gif biggrin.gif
Anne1
Thanks Linda for update on wee Dainty ave fairly missed her especially her cheek, am stil sitting here waiting on this G/G child appearing but patience is a virtue possess it if you can seldom found in Women and NEVER in a man. laugh.gif
Anne1
thanks lLinda on update on wee Dainty ave miseed her especially her cheek, am still sitting here awaiting arrival of g/g/child wish it wid hurry up laugh.gif
Java
Oh that's a good wan Anne...laugh.gif laugh.gif
Anne1
dont know how a made two posts there kept getting cut off must have doubled up a think laugh.gif
lindamac
I was waiting fur the aircon man tae come with a new airconditioner for our loungeroom due tae the new recent one being faulty ,bugger said he widd be here at 8.30am tis nearly 2pm just got a call he cannae fit us in again untill next bloomin wednesday makes ye mad dint it? waiting oan someone who disney come Blehhhhh at least we can still make use of the aircon wilst we wait thats a small conselation I guess.

Annewann hen Pennydainty said hello & tae tell ye she gets her new internet oan in a couple of weeks time as awaiting a new company tae connect her back up as she was having problems with the original company so got rid of thum.cheers Anne hope yer gaun greatguns hen sure sounds like yeev been dain well pal Love ya heaps hen xxxLinda
lindamac
QUOTE (Java @ 29th Mar 2009, 08:27pm) *
Oh that's a good wan Anne...

Hows ye dain Greenyin? no doubts everywann & anywann hehehe hingin oot at any new swamps lately laugh.gif ye mustve made a packet oan yoan busruns did ye no?surely ye cin get a plane ticket oer here tae visit aussie swamps furra chinge pal we widd ferr gie ye a rerr terr if ye did come furra Aussie meet. wub.gif
wellfield
Gardening,Gardening,Gardening!
lindamac
biggrin.gif ahm gaun away tae the kitchen tae cook tonights dinner,a savoury mince n Noodles dish topped with Jarlsberg melted cheese n some secret ingredients tae kick it up tabasco n bitsa this n that tis very mmmmm & wintery oota season realy tis only Autumn here laugh.gif
Heather
I went into town today and booked two flights to America for two weeks leaving on the 5th July to visit my sister. I'm taking my g'son with me as a treat for his 18th birthday which is on the 3rd July.

My printer which was giving me a lot of trouble finally broke down, so today in town I bought a new one. It is a Printer, Scanner and Copier combined. I have a perfectly good scanner but it seems the combined one's are all you can get. I would have preferred an ordinary Printer and to add to the misery I can't get the new Printer to print. wub.gif
Elma
I'm feeling a bit down today, yesterday I was out and when I came in I got a voice mail from my cousin in Irvine saying that his Dad had died yesterday. This was my 99 year old uncle who lived in a lovely home in Ayr. He would have been 100 in July this year and I was hoping to go over for his birthday. I don't know if I will be going now, I'll have to think about it when I'm feeling a bit better.
Heather
Sorry to hear your sad news Elma.

It's a pity, as he nearly made the 100 years.

Take care.
angel
my condolences Elma, he was a great age nevertheless, hope you feel better soon. smile.gif
lindamac
QUOTE (Elma @ 1st Apr 2009, 10:21am) *
I'm feeling a bit down today, yesterday I was out and when I came in I got a voice mail from my cousin in Irvine saying that his Dad had died yesterday. This was my 99 year old uncle who lived in a lovely home in Ayr. He would have been 100 in July this year and I was hoping to go over for his birthday. I don't know if I will be going now, I'll have to think about it when I'm feeling a bit better.

Iam so sad to hear your Uncle didn't get to make his 100th Birthday Elma especialy iam sorry you didn't get to go back to see him for it friend my condolences God Bless & rest his soul heres a wee connell litClick to view attachment for his soul & for your wee heart tae heal darls.Click to view attachment
Gemini
Elma so sorry for your loss, 99 years young what a grand life he must have had.
Heather it would be grand if we got together again like last time, get caught up oan the glesga patter.
angel
getting on with the rest of my painting around here,hope to have a productive weekend. tongue.gif
stuarty
sorry to read about your loss elma what a great long life he had ,,,,

IM going to a 65th birthday party but if a dont feel well a will leave very early as am still chesty but a have not been out the door since a week ago last thursday and a will wrap up warm the sun is shining so brightly today it makes me feel better and a have had a good soak in the bath and a good exfoliation noo that in itself makes me feel a lot healthier wub.gif
stratson
Depest sympathy on the loss of your uncle Elma. In his 100th year, that's an achievement.
angel
well I had a very good day today,got all of the primer paint work done
and tomorrow Sunday, hopefully I will get the top coats put on. oops got company,
good night. smile.gif
*27stowst*
Elma, so sorry for your loss.
Elma
Thank you all for your condolences. As the cliche goes he had a good innings but it doesn't make it any easier at the time. All of his family (my Dad's) lived good long lives, two of them making it to over 100 so here's hoping I'll be around to bother you for a long time yet tongue.gif
stratson
Today am resting. Went to my allotment yesterday, it looked beautiful with all the Daffs , tulips, primroses, polyanthus and several others in bloom. The plumtree ,flowering currant and Forsythia all in blosssm. However lots of leaves and dead plants from last year, normally have this all cleared late autumn, due to health unable to do antthing, anyway I raked and then brushed all I could, hoe'd out weeds and dead plants and bagged the lot. This took me seven hours, was a nice day. Suffered the consequences, had a turn. Good news is am o.k. and a couple of my colleagues are going to do my garden for me this year so I can enjoy one last summer just sitting and enjoying the wild life and tranquility. smile.gif
angel
glad to see that you are ok Stratson, but you took to much on this time
and you have to learn your limitations, that is really nice of the others to help you out, although I do hope that you will have a few more years
enjoying your allotment if that is what you would like......
Go slow Lady,Take it easy... tongue.gif tongue.gif
Java
Ah went for a walk...and okay, technically it wisny the day, it was Saturday, but ma legs still think it wis the day...this was halfway through...whit goes up must come doon...huh.gif

Click to view attachment

Lennox
yer back green yin did you have to be air lifted down mellow.gif
RonD
I love to go awandering ...fal der ee! fald de ra!h!...with a knapsack on my back....!
That looks a great hike. Ah bet by this time yer gaspin' furr yer jeelie pieces and the boatle o' watter. ................... I really miss those types of hills, we are mostly flat here in Ontario.
Java
Ah tried but they couldny find me...said somethin' aboot camouflage...ye'd think two big green legs stickin up in the air would be noticeable sure ye wid...first wan tae mention tree trunks is oaf ma Christmas list...huh.gif
Java
Sorry Ron, didny see ye there pal...biggrin.gif Ocht, ah'm moanin' but it wis brill, despite the rain and hailstones...laugh.gif
wellfield
QUOTE (stratson @ 6th Apr 2009, 06:41am) *
Today am resting. Went to my allotment yesterday, it looked beautiful with all the Daffs , tulips, primroses, polyanthus and several others in bloom. The plumtree ,flowering currant and Forsythia all in blosssm. However lots of leaves and dead plants from last year, normally have this all cleared late autumn, due to health unable to do antthing, anyway I raked and then brushed all I could, hoe'd out weeds and dead plants and bagged the lot. This took me seven hours, was a nice day. Suffered the consequences, had a turn. Good news is am o.k. and a couple of my colleagues are going to do my garden for me this year so I can enjoy one last summer just sitting and enjoying the wild life and tranquility. smile.gif
Just you go easy Lass!
stratson
QUOTE (wellfield @ 7th Apr 2009, 02:50am) *
Just you go easy Lass!

Thank you wellfield. smile.gif

stuarty
I am still in shock as my neighbour in the semi ajoining mine 's house was in a very large fire on sunday and my loft was full of smoke i was questioned by the police as it was me who called the fire service as I was sleeping and the neighbour who was on some drug and or drink was off her head and she was shouting abuse at me for trying to let the firemen the pitfalls of her house dirty needles etc but she was noncompismentus so i went indoors and I never got any sleep and am coughing goodstyle but the door never stopped knocking yesterday and I dont know where the ambulance men took her to but her house is uninhabital when the fire service men came to see me yesterday they put up new smoke alarms as my one upstairs did not go off so the put 10 year ones and they said sombody must have been trying to break into my house years ago as bricks are missing and that is why my loft was full of smoke so now a need to get the council to come check my loft and fix where the bricks have been removed so one of her nice dodgy boyfriends at one time must have tried to break into my home am fueious at the situation and have been feeling sick with dispair at all this madness at my door and im minding my own buisness a hope she never gets to come back to this house as my nerves cant take much more but still peace and quiet for a few months at least they boarded all the house up yesterday and cut her water ,gas,and electric off so nobody can gi in or out thank god am just in pieces today and my head is bursting so thats me today sad.gif
Heather
What a fright to get Stuarty. You should have gone to the Hospital and got a check up.

Get on to the Council right away and get that loft wall fixed as soon as possible.

I can understand the fright you got as many years ago when we lived in a top flat house, the house below us went on fire. I looked out the window wondering why a lot of people were staring up at the building and they shouted at me to get out the house. When I went into the hall it was filled with smoke and I did not know what to do. I just grabbed my 2yrs old son and got out to the stairs when a young man who lived across the street from us came running up the stairs, took my son from me and pushed me ahead of him right down the stairs. He took us into his house and his wife looked after us until we could get back into our house. We were lucky as our house only got smoke damage.

Other's were trapped in the building and had to be taken out by the Firemen. Ironically one of the Firemen was my brother-in-law and he made straight for our house, and knowing the layout of the house he quickly searched it to make sure my son and I were out.
annie laurie
HI Stuarty,
I agree with Heather I think you should have gone to the Emergency for a check up,
Hopefully you have seen and heard the last of the ugly neighbour,
Take care of yourself and try and not worry I am sure the council will get the repairs done soon as they will not wont to loose money not getting rent from the other house, hopefully you will get a nice neighbiour
your Guardian Angel was looking after you for sure, CHeers

annie laurie
Hello Elma,
Thinking of you,
Just read your posting to-day 4/7/09 re your Uncle,

Take care 99 was a great age to live to,
I think you have inherited your Dad's genes you dont look your age My Dear

stuarty
Stratson you take it easy noo and just let others do your work in the allotment better to be safe than sorry wub.gif
stuarty
I have come to the conclusion that am loosing the plot as last night a was heating the water for my water bottle and the next thing am trying to put a teabag in the hole of the water bottle no a wasnt on the fire water a couldny stop laughing at myself an what if a never realised and did put it in and went to empty it noo thats a scary thought am sure seniour moments are coming fast and furious rolleyes.gif
RonD
Did ye at least get a good cuppa oot tae it?
stuarty
naw Ron a had tears of laughter in my eyes what a doughball a am laugh.gif
stratson
Noo there's a good idea stuarty, jist pit a cup aside yer bed and in the mornin, Voila, pour oot yer tea! laugh.gif

Good we can laugh at ourselves,. Am continually forgetting things.
Today kept maself busy, footerin' aboot wae this and that, vacumed the house, had a shower, did my hair, and pampered my feet.

Made a pot of coffee to sustain me til tea time.

The diet's went down the Swanee, just ate a whole Toblerone. Feel a deserved a wee treat. biggrin.gif

Gonna try and get out tomorrow, is supposed to gonna be nice.
RonD
Don't worry Stratson, I start a new diet every Monday, its the guilt that makes it taste so good wink.gif
Also don't worry aboot the forgettin' things so long as ye remember ye forgoat it!!
joycewilson
Afternoon all..I really shouldnt be here biggrin.gif
Need to get myself moving and get to shops as I want to get my shopping and things in for tonight as I plan to chill out on computer ALL night xxxxxxxx
wellfield
Makin' up a wee Easter basket to go visit our wee 20 month old Grandson!
stuarty
just foundout that DELBOY'S partner is having a home warming party tonight I wish them well in their new home and a would have got them a nice gift but if am not told there things it is her loss a wonder howmany or her friends she has left will go to the party as she has made a lot of enemies with her childish behavior of beer pouring over peoples heads act ;or the agumentitive attitude with whoever is in the fireing line act ,or just her miss personality of rudness act, pulling her child through a resturant with her shouting at him with everyone looking act, am so glad a never got invited as a have held my tounge for too long with this woman she tried to get my son to take a 5000pound loan out at my address and a found out and made him cancel it as a dont have loans ever and why should it be from my address so the kybosh was put on that 4 weeks ago but am so glad am not involved with her as she just is not a nice person am writing this down because a just had to share it the saying goes troubled halved so noo thats oot am catching up on my washing the bed ie settee is stripped and new bedding put back on , and watching britain's got talent inbetween the washing wub.gif
joycewilson
Hi Stuarty, Been a nice day today hasnt it? I got a lot done too shopping washing cleaning just settled down with a wee voddie now rolleyes.gif x
florrie
hi i have a son stuart lol mmmmmmmmmmm?
stuarty
QUOTE (florrie @ 12th Apr 2009, 12:16am) *
hi i have a son stuart lol mmmmmmmmmmm?

i also have a son called Stuart and a son called Derek twins and derek is after my father in law a great man and sadly missed and stuart is calle after my maiden name as my aunties called their son stuart also to keep the name in the family old traditions die hard eh
stratson
It was a lovely day today, My g/daughter, Zak(g/g/son) and his Dad came to visit early afternoon.
Brought me some lovely whit and purple colour Tulips.

I had Zak's Easter Egg , he said "Thank you Nana" so lovely and distinct. It was all kisses and cuddles, nice. His uncle (my son) had bought him a red London bus plus a model jaguar car which were sitting in his wee play corner of my room.
He was running it all round my coffee table saying Choo-Choo, his Dad explained they had him on a real steam engine so he thought the big red bus was a train.
Went a walk (after they left) with my son to my allotment, after half hour we returned to the house. The garden was looking even brighter as all the azalea bushes are starting to flower, have a red and lilac, the white always is later for some reason.

Have enjoyed my Easter Sunday and now almost ready to retire for the evening feeling alright.

Glad Joyce you too have had a lovely day. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.