Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
joycewilson
Morning all in here.....just going to mess about in doors today back to work tonight for 1 night then Im off till next Tue YIPPPPEEE X
stratson
Mystery tour cancelled, will catch up on ironing and geneally have a relaxing day. smile.gif

Enjoy your break til tuesday Joyce. biggrin.gif

Time is 11.30.a,m,
Heather
The schools are off for a couple of days, so the three g'children are here and taken over the PC. They have allowed me on for five minutes.

At least the older one has his own Laptop with him or it would be blue murder timing them all.rolleyes.gif
joycewilson
Hi all, Thanks Stratson I will enjoy my time off got a few things planned. i am meeting my friend Dian from other site in Shawlands for a pub lunch on Thur, so looking forward to seeing her....
Lol Heather I have to do that too with my two grandkids time them with the computer lol xxxxxx have Fun x
Heather
The 17yrs old & 7 yrs old went home, but the 11yrs old decided to stay over.

She has been on the Laptop all the time chatting to her school friends and making faces at each other as there is a Webcam on this PC which I never use.

She is now running her bath and kindly told me I can use the PC until 8-30pm as she and her friends will be chatting again at that time. rolleyes.gif
joycewilson
Lol Heather Kids!!! have a good night then hope theres something good on tv for ya x rolleyes.gif
Heather
I ended up putting on the Mamma Mia DVD. It's not the best film I've seen, but the Abba music is good. smile.gif
stratson
Nice mild morning, though dull.
Today accompanying g/daughter to a medical appt. Not until late afternoon so she and I are going out for lunch.
Zak is staying at his dad's parents for the day.
After Jeremy will do the usual top and tale of the house. smile.gif

Have yet to see Mama Mia Heather. At least you enjoyed the music. smile.gif
joycewilson
Hi All, like you Heather aint seen Mama Mia either biggrin.gif
My son was over tonight to start the first coat of paint...so...at least I feel its started now....will get there...hope you all have a good night xxxxx
stuarty
Heather a was not overly impressed either a think it was over rated by the media and people talk about the kids of today getting pregnant what about in the 70ies and 80ies and in that film 3 men could have been the father so nothing changed then me thinks oops off topic a went shopping today and I had to buy 3 cards for people a think they rip people off but a do like the stuff you get written in them so a suppose if you want a laugh you pay a hefty price these days laugh.gif
wellfield
Been up at the Courts all week(jury duty) will know tomorrow if I have to be a juror on a 4 week attempted murder(3 defendant's) trial,not looking forward to that,but it's a civil duty.
Heather
Stuarty I think Mamma Mia is a re-worked story from a film Gina Lollobrigida was in.
She was getting money from three Americans who were stationed in Italy during the war, then they all came back at the same time for a old war mates re-union, and all thinking they were the dad to her daughter.

Do you remember that film???

I think it is the Abba music that made the film good.

My sister in America did not rate it very good either. So that's three of us. laugh.gif

It's not in the same league as the, ' Sound of Music ' which I have the DVD of the 40th Anniversary Collectors Edition. My son bought it for me when it came out a couple of years ago.

There's two DVDs in the pack showing the actors who played the children, now grown up of course, talking about the fun they had making the film and what they are doing now.
TeeHeeHee
Mary made me promose to clean inside the sink drain today.( double connecting sinks) so I removed the first pipe and when I saw what had all accumulated there...how can all that stuff adhere to a plastic pipe... I went up to the local market and bought new pipe fittings, so there !

Went to unscrew the stainless steel drainage cover from inside the sink...the one that connects to the main fitting under the sink... and I could have unscrewed it till the coos came haem, the thread insert in the plastic fitting was turning with the screw.
So I had to put a bucket under the drain, removed the second fitting and...........shoved a toothbrush up the pipe and scrubbed....and scrubbed....and scrubbed...... and....any one want to buy some half price unused pipe fittings for a sink ?
I'll throw an old toothbrush in too !
stuarty
a never seen that film Heather with gina witeverher name is a think a was a wee bit too young as a only remember my life starting at the age of five a dont remember anything else being younger than that a wonder why awonder if im blocking somthing out of my life who knows NO ME laugh.gif
Heather
Stuarty I saw it years ago and it was on TV last year.

THH, my husband is a plumber just say the word and I'll send him over. laugh.gif
Catherine
Heather the Mama Mia movie is an adaptation of the Stage play.....and all the Actors even laughed at themselves singing as for most it wasn't quite their 'strength'. Pierce Brosnan took some slagging and laughed a lot at himself in Interviews.
I knew all this before watching the Movie and it really makes a difference{I think}, had I watched it not knowing this then I too would have been really disappointed.
I thought Julie Walters was hysterical in it.
I've been to the Stage Play 4 times and love it, movie doesn't come anywhere close to it, albeit the story is exactly the same, no much to it.

Don't ask me why but I know exactly the movie you're talking about with Gina L......interesting eh? Maybe they stole the whole play/movie idea from that biggrin.gif
Java
Buona Sera Mrs Campbell....it's brill....biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Afternoon all....just popping by having a coffee at the moment have Mum coming over at 6ish for dinner and a few drinks...Have a nice Friday xxxxx
stratson
QUOTE (Java @ 20th Feb 2009, 10:16am) *
Buona Sera Mrs Campbell....it's brill....biggrin.gif

Aw java, I was just going to post that. I saw the film, jings, it must have been 30=40 years ago..

tHOUGHT IT WAS FAB TOO. biggrin.gif
lindamac
Hello there friends of GG iam just having a very much desired catch up on GG today thank goodness the PC is behaving itself today .Feels like Sunday today since I didn't go shopping or wandering out of the home LOL biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Morning all just having a wander round this site again having a nosey at things....hope you all have a nice Saturday xx biggrin.gif
RonD
Its gaunnae bea sunny -10 the day. ASh've a few wee deliveries tae dae. There's a' kind o' folk that urr lookin' furr the next shipment of cheese & onion crisps cannae dissapoint them. Selfless that's me!!! rolleyes.gif
Elma
We are having a come and go tea this afternoon at the Church for our of our ladies who has just celebrated her 90th birthday. She is one of our most active ladies, lives by herself in her own house, drives everywhere and is always on the go. I hope I'm like that when I'm 90!
lindamac
Hope that tea goes well Elma good oan that wee 90 yr auld she makes me want tae dae better for massell.Today iam still catching up with whats went on with GG wilst ahve been away,tis rare tae be back. biggrin.gif
lindamac
Tydying up & cooking for me today goet my movie club tomorow cheers friends! biggrin.gif
Anne1
a wis trying to do handstands wae the physio didnae work, will try walking tomorrow laugh.gif
Heather
Anne are you serious about trying to do hand stands???

I must try that later on where I can't be seen or Maurice will think I have finally cracked. laugh.gif
stratson
Hope you manage the walking Anne, even just getting around the house would be a blessing. smile.gif

It was lovely today, went and got appt. for dentist, fortunately their was a cancelation for tomorrow morning, if not would have been March 24th first available appt. Was lucky. biggrin.gif

Hoping to get a walk up to the allotment, probably a lot of bulbs through, nice time of year when things are coming alive again.
stuarty
a never went to my meetin the night a went to the shops and did my shoppin cause am no gone oot the morra a need to do a wee bit a tidyin up well really its a big bit but a need to clear out aww the old clothes that are accumulating and stop it lookin like paddy's market or a jumble sale efter aww the punters have been in laugh.gif laugh.gif
stratson
Good Morning folks. Am off shortly to dental appt. probably come back for lunch then>>>>>? Take it as it comes.rolleyes.gif
joycewilson
Morning all a lazy day for me today Back to work tonight!!! unsure.gif
Heather
I made pancakes this morning and we have almost finished eating them.

Our UCM are having a Mock Auction tonight. It's a good chance to get rid of all unwanted Christmas Gifts

I'm handing in 3 DVDs.
The Queen, starring Helen Mirren.
Elizabeth 1st, starring Cate Blanchett.
Walk the Line, starring Joaquin Phoenix. It's the story about the life of Johnny Cash. My husband had two copies so I have acquired one of them.

The two Queenie DVDs were a Christmas present and I don't like them. I am in two minds about getting rid of Mamma Mia. rolleyes.gif

Come along and get some bargains it's 2 entrance you also get tea/coffee sandwiches and home baking.

I have made a loaf of sandwiches for tonight. I made half with lunch tougue and the other half with salmon.
joycewilson
Sounds like a good night Heather pity Im back at work or would have popped along. Where is it? xxxxxxx
Heather
Joyce, it's in our Parish Centre, St. Bridget's Swinton Road.

After the Auction we have our tea/coffee and eat all we want, and a good blether. smile.gif

joycewilson
Aint heard of that Road before Heather..... Anyway have a brill night...loved the Johnny Cash film bet it sells right away xxxxxx
Anne1
this is what I did yesterday, first nurse came ad removed 27clips from my wound[very squeemish] then for fun the physio turned up and for next 30 mins or so a thought a wis dying have you ever tried puttin your leg up round your neck [thats whit it felt like] when your wee & fat like me, and even more fun shes coming back to day , and Nev being a great help saying just take it easy and do it , its a simple exercise programme[wont tell you what I said to him but dash comes to mind], so any tips folks would be helpful laugh.gif
Heather
Now Anne just do as your husband tells you. He's older and wiser than you and knows what's best. laugh.gif

I went to 9-30 Mass this morning it being Ash Wednesday. The Chapel was packed, so it was nearer 11'o'clock by the time Mass finished
Came home and had a cup of tea with a nice crispy roll in butter and blackcurrant jam. Then I did all the ironing. smile.gif

Our UCM Mock Auction raised over 400 last night.
What a feast we had, sandwiches, scones, chocolate biscuits, snowballs fruit cake, dumpling and many more, all for 2-00.
Anne1
our wee priest is calling in today at 3pm to give us ashes and Holy Communion
Heather
Just make sure the Priest doesn't catch you with your legs around your neck. laugh.gif
Anne1
Heatherrrrrrrrrrrrrr as if a wid laugh.gif
Catherine
No THERRS a mental picture Anne...thanks Heather laugh.gif

Anne good to read you're back home recuperating, cripes easy done right enough.

Ah find Arsenic works when Geoffs buggin me, small doses an oafen laugh.gif
Heather
Aye Catherine, could you picture the Priest's face and his thoughts, unsure.gif a right kinky pair. ohmy.gif
Catherine
laugh.gif

Here Anne's beena bit quiet mind you since you said that Heather , hope ye'v no gied her any ideas laugh.gif
Anne1
naughty girls wae naughty thoughts laugh.gif laugh.gif
Heather
Or just wishful thinking. laugh.gif
stratson
Hope your soon painless Anne1, hang in there. smile.gif

Am having eyes tested at half past two today, feel I need upgrade.. Wish I was brave enough to go for the laser eye treatment,,,,,,,,,,,,am feart. rolleyes.gif

Just checkin' ma mailbox before I go, be back on later.
Elma
Good luck with the eye test stratson, be thinking about you.
joycewilson
Oh stratson I would go for the laser treatment without a thought if I had the money. x
Just catching up on My District on this site really is a great site x
stuarty
stratson it is supposed to be pain free a do know people that have done it and they say it is so great to be glasses free after enduring them for years but it only lasts 10years approx but at 500pounds per eye a think it would pay for its self with the price they want for specs these days these are the spec BUDDY HOLLY OOPS wore and they are the most expensive ones in the world aledgedly
Anne1
Lets know how you get on Stratson smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.