Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
joycewilson
Hi All.....Grandkids just left, gonna get a coffee sit on here for a wee while then get this place sorted to relax tonight xxxxx rolleyes.gif
stuarty
went to doctors and been told to see doc in hospital within 2 weeks and a have a few lumps in my head but been given antibiotics for this due to swollen glands up in my neck oh and a went to my meeting tonight it was very good wub.gif
stuarty
QUOTE (joycewilson @ 18th Jan 2009, 11:54am) *
Hi All.....Grandkids just left, gonna get a coffee sit on here for a wee while then get this place sorted to relax tonight xxxxx rolleyes.gif
aww joyce a never knew you had grandweans as a had it in my head you were a young woman ????????????? go girl
Elma
Had my annual eye exam today, no change in fact one eye seems to have improved a little, hooray.............but I still need my glasses wink.gif
glasgow lass
Helo everybiddy, today am staying home, well after a get back fae the gym that is rolleyes.gif .
Have to do some packing for my holidays coming up soon as from here on in am going to be very busy so must take advantage of ma day home eh.Have lots of washing to do, calls to make and must watch Obamas inauguration, have about four hrs to do all of this so >>>> ready, steady go>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ha ha , see'yi all after, Lass wub.gif

stratson
Am staying home today. Do usual housework, etc, Plan relaxing on my chair and watching T,V, coverage of BARAK OBAMA'S inauguration. Like the majority am delighted he will be the President of U.S.A. . MAY GOD PROTECT HIM and guide him through the coming years. biggrin.gif

joycewilson
Hiya All...Lol stuarty iAM A YOUNG GIRL lol.........im 48 in march....got two lovely grandkids murron 7 and darron 6...handful at times as my mammy always says lovely to see ya lovely to see ya go...i feel the same with them now lol x wub.gif
penny dainty
Joycee you are just a chicken at 48 like myself , I'm round about there too laugh.gif
Got the caravan all packed up today ready to go off for the weekend tomorrow after work, off to Tin Can.
Anne1
your fibbin dainty laugh.gif
stuarty
aww annewan how can you say that to PD shes still a wee lassie well look at he photos and a think she has a stand in or a good air brush myself laugh.gif my brother william is coming down as he is playing 10pin bowling in belgium this weekend he is a great bowler won lots and lots of tropheys over the years as did kenny they both used to work in the brunswick bowlingalley when it was at hampden does anybody remember that laugh.gif
Heather
Penny, I tried the DVD on our other DVD player and it still did not work. But I took your advice and tried it on the PC and it worked. The only thing with that is, hubby does not want to watch it on the PC. He does not know how to switch a PC on or off and not interested in learning.

Men, there's no pleasing them. rolleyes.gif
joycewilson
Morning all......well just tonight to go and Im off work till Tue.....still got wallpaper to scrape....anyone fancy a wall paper scrapping party??? rolleyes.gif BRING YER OWN BOTTLE ....and ONE FOR ME biggrin.gif
angel
happy wallpapering joyce, have a good weekend. tongue.gif
Heather
Doing the housework. Just stopped for a bite of lunch.
RonD
I'm closing the gate after the horse got out. Just outside while its mild to tape up the water discharge pipe from the washer tha tis frozen up. Off to the Launderette!
Heather
Hey Ron, my husband's Plumber. I'll send him right over, he'll sort things out for you. laugh.gif

I choked the sink tonight. Not the main one, it's a small one next to it.

I was draining off a pot plant that had too much water in it and had the cold tap running at the same time to wash away the dirty water, then the soil fell into the sink choking it.
As hubby was upstairs, I used a cloth as a plunger, I didn't want to ask where the real plunger was as I would have to admit to what had happened. It worked. laugh.gif
Elma
Good one Heather, we'll never tell smile.gif
joycewilson
Morning all up bright and early gonna pop to shops get my papers...then scrape wallpaper...its got to be finished today!!!! had enough ! huh.gif
stratson
Right now am lazing on my P.C., Check mailbox then G.G.

Gonna get mobile and get the dinner going in the Slow Cooker, it's great to forget about it thenyour time is free. Be back later>>>I hope, don't plan on visitors today, unsure.gif
Anne1
just had a nice morning at the Forge market got some Baby stuff ,cot sheets, pram sheets, moses basket sheets, some nice wee blankets and a few other bits and baby bobs just wish the time was here but a will just have to wait laugh.gif
Heather
Congratulations Anne, I did not know you were pregnant, when are you due?????????? laugh.gif laugh.gif
Anne1
god forgive you heather nearly hid a heart attack no these are for my g/g/child due in 7wks
Heather
Aye so you say. laugh.gif laugh.gif
stuarty
anne wan is this the first great great grandwean so that is five generations welldone some families dont get to see the grandweans am well pleased for you and seven weeks will fly by go GGG go laugh.gif wub.gif
Anne1
No its four Generations Stuarty my g/daughters due soon laugh.gif
Of to own Centre got Drs appt today instead of Tuesday so its all go laugh.gif
witshisname
Congratulations on the upcoming baby Anne1,7 wks will just fly by. wub.gif smile.gif
Melody
Aw Anne, you must be so excited about a new arrival to your family. smile.gif
Anne1
yes melody very excited about the baby wishing my life away waiting , but not long now laugh.gif
Melody
It's the everyday miracle that makes life worth living Anne. wub.gif Nothing nicer.
Anne1
I just love babies love the smell of them nothing nicer than a wee baby cuddled in at your neck,
stratson
Right now is 3twenty a.m. Was a bit shivery last night so went to bet at 8 p.m. Now feeling o'k' Great having a P.C. to while away an hour. Off back to bed, Will get the ear-phones on and watch t.v. , Have often fallen asleep with earphones still on, at least am not bothering anyone with noise from t.v.

Can't believe is only seven weeks until baby is due Anne1, Yes, nothing so lovely, the miracle of birth.Mind and let us know when baby arrives. Something nice to look forward too. biggrin.gif
lindamac
biggrin.gif Having a wee rest today as I had friends down from their farm at Stanthorpe to stay with us a few days plus my daughter had some of her friends over for a 21st BBQ so our weekend was full on phew need a sleep. laugh.gif
joycewilson
Morning all...awwww Anne nothing nicer than a wee baby wink.gif ....not doing much today as im back at work tonight...meeting my grandkids from school today...as theres a photographer in the Arcade doing the old fashioned pics of the kids dressed up...hoping my two will do it xxx
Heather
I'm off to the UCM Burns Dinner tonight and looking forward to it. smile.gif

I've had my shower and now I have to do something with this hair of mine. It needs cut as it gets too thick when left to grow and it's awkward to do anything with.
Heather
Our dinner was very nice last night.

Before the meal, one of the women said the Selkirk Grace.

We had haggis, mashed potato and turnip and two glasess of wine.
There was oatcakesand a selection of different flavoured cream cheese. Tea, coffee and shortbread. All that for 3-50, and of course scottish music playing all the time.
Anne1
that sounded like a nice wee night heather smile.gif

well we are of to Gartnavel today for Nevs pre med then fo for lunch someplace afterwards smile.gif
Heather
Anne, the UCM dinners are always nice and so cheap. You wouldn't get two glasses of wine anywhere for 3-50 and we paid that for everything.

Oh and I won a bottle of red wine at the raffle. I know you'll be pleased for me winning that. laugh.gif
Anne1
would have been shocked if you hadnt won a bottle heather laugh.gif
scoob77
today i will be cleaning, then a bit more cleaning, and then will be finishing off with some more cleaning!! laugh.gif
Heather
Don't be daft Scoob, all that cleaning is not good for you, it will damage your health. laugh.gif
scoob77
i dont care, at least my house will be clean - until tomorrow anyways laugh.gif
stratson
Good feeling when your home is all shiny and clean. Now you relax scoob and enjoy.

Hope all goes well for Neville and you both enjoy lunch.

Can't make up my mind what to do today. Should really tackle the ironing, time will tell laugh.gif

Talk about lucky Heather, you chose the right name, Pleased for your win. laugh.gif
Heather
Aye I know Scoob. As my dad used to say, ' a house is like the Forth Bridge, you finish at one end then you start back at the beginning. again". rolleyes.gif

Thank you Stratson.
Seeing as your at a loose end today, why don't you pop over and we'll open and drink that bottle of wine.

Don't tell Anne, she'll want some for her and Neville's dinner. laugh.gif
stratson
Thank you Heather, didn't you know, I don't drink spirits, mind you, a nice coffee is always welcome. biggrin.gif
Just you enjoy it, Anne will never know you drank it all to yourself. laugh.gif
Heather
Great Stratson, you can have all the coffee you want as I don't like coffee. I'll drink the wine. laugh.gif
joycewilson
Hi All....just popping through...No drink for me tonight start work at 10pm !!! Have a nice night x wink.gif
stuarty
well am at the breast clinic today for tests and feeling sick but if it is anything bad a know a can talk to marion niven dougan about it thank god for gg peoples experiances and you never know what help will come from any ilnesses and thats why gg worksand a got great news today a got a big oxygen machine installed and the wee cilender lasts just as long at the big ball and chain a was carrying so am rearing to go a had a bath tonight without stress of getting out of breath it was great a think a spent over an hour insted of a in out as quickly as possible so am gonny enjoy the plesent things again without getting breathless oh a feel brand new whooooooopeeeeeee and this is next on the agenda with my lovley Lydia a will surprise her by doing a wee dance routine just to see her wee face
stuarty
well am at the breast clinic today for tests and feeling sick but if it is anything bad a know a can talk to marion niven dougan about it thank god for gg peoples experiances and you never know what help will come from any ilnesses and thats why gg worksand a got great news today a got a big oxygen machine installed and the wee cilender lasts just as long at the big ball and chain a was carrying so am rearing to go a had a bath tonight without stress of getting out of breath it was great a think a spent over an hour insted of a in out as quickly as possible so am gonny enjoy the plesent things again without getting breathless oh a feel brand new whooooooopeeeeeee and this is next on the agenda with my lovley Lydia a will surprise her by doing a wee dance routine just to see her wee face
RonD
Good news on your new oxygen supply Stuarty!

As fur the rest of yooz ladies, ah wiz thinkin' that this place wiz the cyber pub wqi' a' this talk o' drink rolleyes.gif unsure.gif
lindamac
Ahm affsky oot the day tae get ma nails done & dae some food shopping not exactly motivating though is it? laugh.gif rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.