Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
angel
Happy anniversary to both of you petal, have a merry christmas and a healthy and prosperous. tongue.gif tongue.gif 2009, cheers
penny dainty
Happy 25th Petals.
Usual day , went to work , then the gym, then home to make the tea.
wellfield
Well today I finally got on to melody's and jimmyd's singing site and got up the guts to try singing again after all these years,so I hope this wee song will brighten uo your day,being as you've spent aw yer money on Christmas gifts---Wellfield.

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/r/b610c187c
wellfield
That old Kay Starr Glasgow favourite song I made today was to celebrate exactly my first years anniversary today on this great site!
wellfield
Happy Anniversary Petal to you and your husband!
Elma
You sounded great there Wellfield and congrats on being on GG for a whole year, hope there will be many more.
Elma
Happy Silver Anniversary Petal, you must have been married very young..... wub.gif
joycewilson
Mornign All Happy Anniversary Petal......Wellfield...TRAVELLING ALONG SINGING A SONG SIDE BY SIDE lol xxxxxxxxxxxxx biggrin.gif
angel
Morning wellfield ,thats a nice happy song to take me through the day,
you sound pretty good ,, A merry christmas to both you and your wife
and family, Cheers.. tongue.gif tongue.gif
Tori G
Wellfield,...You dark horse you,...that was great!!! I listened to your other ones aswell, I like your voice, and such a cheerfull singer too, onya matey, loved every minute of them, cheers!
glasgow lass
Smooth welly, tongue.gif cool.gif
petalpeeps
Thankyou everyone for your messages on our 25th anniversary . Elma , thankyou for the lovely compliment , but i was 27 when i got married , not that young , although hubby was only 22 a wis a baby snatcher laugh.gif . I was 30 when i had our first daughter , so was quite an old first time mother too . biggrin.gif
Anne1
Best Wishes to Petal & Husband on their Silver wedding

Heather
I've started to make my Sherry Trifle, and I've left the sherry to soak into the sponge overnight.
Had a wee glass of sherry while it was open. Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. tongue.gif

Will put in the fruit and jelly tomorrow and make a pot of Minestrone soup for Christmas Day. I'm also making a Waldorf salad for starters.
wellfield
Now see what you've done Heather!you just had to mention Sherry Trifle!!
Heather
Wellfield, what have I done??????????? wub.gif
stratson
Sorry Petal I missed your silver anniversary, many more happy years together in Good Health. biggrin.gif

Never mind the Sherry Trifle, Please may I have the starter, Waldorf Salad. mmmmm smile.gif

Am so tired now, hopefully be refreshed in the morning, have to go into town for one more present, here was me thinking all were wrapped and ready, ah well, will rack my brain thinking of some kind of surprise gift.

Heather
Stratson, if there's any left over I'll save it for you. laugh.gif laugh.gif
stuarty
happy belated annaversary pettlepeeps 25 years well done
penny dainty
Trotted off into town today and got a lot of lovely things in the sales for my holiday .Mr Dainty promised me some pennies as an incenive to help me with my weight loss and I got them so I hit the shops big time.Going away in the van on Boxing day. biggrin.gif
wellfield
QUOTE (Heather @ 23rd Dec 2008, 04:52pm) *
Wellfield, what have I done??????????? wub.gif
I've been asking my wife for ages to make a trifle,to no avail,she used to make them quite often,but I see she's making an apple crumble with birds custard for our Christmas dinner dessert,so thats a close second.
wellfield
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 24th Dec 2008, 12:11am) *
Trotted off into town today and got a lot of lovely things in the sales for my holiday .Mr Dainty promised me some pennies as an incenive to help me with my weight loss and I got them so I hit the shops big time.Going away in the van on Boxing day. biggrin.gif
Hope its no the "black maria" penny dainty---good on your weight loss
penny dainty
LOL no Welli , just the caravan laugh.gif
annie laurie
Good For you Penny great fun spending the other half's money is'nt it
glasgow lass
wish I could say that I was taking it easy the day,,, bit naw ah've got lots to do ! laugh.gif .Have a nice time penny at the caravan, no rocking the boat noo tongue.gif . so see'yi aw efter then. Lass.
Heather
Me too Lass, I'm up to my ears in preparations.

The soups made and simmering away. I thought I would start wrapping the streaky bacon around the cocktail sausages, then discovered they were still in the freezer. rolleyes.gif

So I'm having a break and a wee cup of tea right now.

I got a beautiful table decoration delivered today from my sister in America. smile.gif
Tori G
Awrabest everyone! Im away to have a sleep before doing the family thing.

Heather, enjoy your cuppa, it sure helps to calm the nerves before you get back into it.

PennyD, have a great time going away with the caravan, sounds really good....dont park on a slant, lol. and dont forget the aerogaurd....ps hope you bought your self something nice to wear in the caravan, lol.

Glasgowlass get back to your wrapping, lol, an no oan the flerr eether.
glasgow lass
aye Heather if a help you >>>> will you help me LOL.
Aye Tori, aha wiz jist saying to Mr Lass that aha should clean mah drawers oot, awcht dont bother Lass naebiddy's gonnae be lookin in yer drawers. tongue.gif tongue.gif
Heather
The trifle sponge was still too wet this morning because I put too much sherry in it. I had to take some out and put more dry sponge in. The bits I took out I threw into the garden and the birds ate it. So if you see some birds staggering around, they came from the East End of Glasgow laugh.gif
stratson
laugh.gif Oh Heather, you are a one,the birds just might stay and chirp while you are asleep!
Looking forward to my Waldorf Salad, am sure when you set it in your glasses or whatever it will all be gone...... ..Nice thought though.

Went into town earlier today after a lot of searching got Ralph Lauren Polo Eau de toillette for my son, it's the only after shave he uses., also got a couple of nice v kneeck cashmillon fine sweaters for him, could not believe how cheap they were..
Will wrap them tonight as he is in my house right now so will have to wait til he leaves.
The town was so busy and it was so warm, mind you I was dressed like Nanook of the North. When I got home went straight into shower so am sitting in my lounger right now.

Would love to go to Midnight Mass, howeve will content myself and go tomorrow morning.

Heather, your table will be gorgeous with your sister's gift, centre of your table.
I wish you and everyone of my dear friends a Very Happy Christmas.
Joy and Blessings everyone>>>>x x x x x x x x x x x x
Heather
Well I've just got the potatoes to peel. The table is all set for six of us, the good china, cutlery and wine glasses.

Isn't it amazing the nice tableware we all have and very seldom use it. rolleyes.gif

I think I deserve a wee cup of tea. Then I'll peel the potatoes, and have a shower.

I'm on 10-30 Mass tomorrow.

Stratson that was some nice bargains got.

penny dainty
Merry Christmas to everyone from here downunder.
Table is set and looking beautiful , just going to start preparing all the food now.
Santa brought me a diamond ring ,a gold watch and Channel No 5, what more could a girl ask for.Spoilt did you say? OH YES ! laugh.gif Have a great day all.
RonD
We normally go to Mrs. RonD's sister on Christmas Eve but its been raining and expected to freeze overnight so we stay in tonight and will traipze over tomorrow morning and enjoy the day there. I was that little shop again today helping out. It was very busy but its fun helping people out with their last minute shopping and as I predicted to the grand daughter of the owner, an hour before closing it was mostly men who came into the shop with a panicked glazed look in their eyes, grabbing at anything for a last ditch effort at Christmas shopping! huh.gif mellow.gif
stuarty
today I opened lots of gifts and when doing so it gave me a lift. no matter where i go in my home a travel the world in every room ggers gifts are here today dreamcatchers and magnets biscuts and scarfs little toys that make me laugh the punk rocker duck all in black and a red studded collar and a peroxide quiff he looks like a spive, then the koala,s are on my fridge as is magnets from canada spain and australia the chrismas tree canadian father christmas is on the tree the one that tammy sent a few years ago to me, then theres the keyrings that I adore and lots of presents from people I met in a box , so all of the nice people who thought of me on this fine day that I have met on GG so peace and good will to you all my friends my home has A world of wealth from Glasgow to Cumbria and across the seas Europe and Aussie Canada are all my memories so here I am sitting in my home but not feeling alone thanks to all Martins GG CREW this we jock would like to salute you merry christmas and a happy new year wub.gif
stratson
Just relaxing on my Desktop and thinking is time I went to bed. Today when I awake and have had breakfast am off into town, I received many gifts, however have to return a beautiful sweater to M & S, such a pity, a pair of the most gorgeous slippers also to a larger size. Am dreading the crowds so am hoping to get in early and perhaps avoid some.

No need to cook tomorrow as have plenty from Christmas Day..

My thanks for the very nice gifts I received particularly a little book on "HUGS", it will remain in my heart forever..
Have had the most happy Christmas day with the favourite men in my life. biggrin.gif
stuarty
im hopping to get to superdrug as they are having a 90%off some items so if a dont try a wont know and a dont need to change any of my gifts as am well pleased oh a got a box set of the still game seris1-6 and 2 holiday editions and the jackie triple cd and aww the music is of my era laugh.gif oh a will listen to them al in the car
lindamac
I shopped untill I literaly dropped ,I had to call Neil to come get me as I was that tired oot hehehe laugh.gif got myself a few good bargains at the sales today several xmas gifts for 2009 already. rolleyes.gif[yeah I know it seems early but it is what I do every year then I don't feel the pinch come chrissy]
Mhoira
I was working early shift this morning ,although it has now been proven I am a donkey as I went in for myshift at what I thought was starting at 6 only to find out the petrol station was not meant to open until 8 ARGHHHH.NOW
I have my mother, big brother John, his wife mags and daughter coming for dinner and more than likely some alcohol will be consumed
joycewilson
Hi Mhoira...OMG....Poor You Away In To Wrk Too Early! Im Working Nightshift Tonight Then Having Mum Over For Dinner Tomoz So Looking Forward To That x
stuarty
a have just had a soak in the bath and exfoliated everything that can be and gave my feet a pampering and they feel so soft and did my nails and cut my hair as it had to many dead ends on it so a feel all nice and shiney and smell of mango and bananas as a got some really nice smellys from head to toes and my hands had a nice manicure so am relaxed and gonny watch a bit of telly wub.gif
toerag
well I.m sitting here and wishing the hydro would come on!!! It has been off for 7 hours, high winds here the day, and no hydro! It will likely be back on soon, you think????
toerag
Yippee!!! Hydro is back on after 7 hours!!!!
stratson
Today I headed back to M & S, managed to get a nice blouse reduced from 19.50 to 9, also a nice lilac V kneck sweater , regular price. , am quite happy about that.

Got myself settled on my recliner to watch "The 39 Steps" on T.V. Must have drifted off to sleep and awoke ten minutes before it ended at 9.30.p.m.

My g/daughter and family got back from Berkshire today. I will be having a Zak attack in the morning laugh.gif
Looking forward to seeing them. No doubt we will be hitting the shops Zak will be 2 on Jan. 3rd.
Taking him to Clark's for some new shoes.(no more toys.)

stuarty, your skin must be shining ! smile.gif
joycewilson
Hi All....Had A Weird BUT Nice Day....Went To Town Got A Nice Winter Coat In Marks With Money My Mum Gave Me For Christmas(she thinks i need a warmer coat for going out late at night for work) aww bless her............Went Round To Local Shop Later On And Bumped Into My Brothers Friend Of Over 30 Odd Yr Ago, He Was A Neighbour Of Ours In Castlemilk. Went For A Few Drinks With Him Caught Up And Had A Good Old Laugh Chin Wag About The Past xxxxxxxxxx
angel
well you had a nice day Joyce, it,s nice to reminisce with an old friend.
I,m off to the stores today to return a few christmas items. tongue.gif
Anne1
Ive been trying for 1& 1/2 days to get on this computer came back and its totally clogged up and on a go slow, ive defragged it then ive got virtual low memory so thats my next problem to fix a want a new wan help smile.gif
angel
Anne get more memory added to your computer,...worked for me...
or get rid of what Nev says it,s full of biggrin.gif or buy a new one, hope you had a nice trip biggrin.gif
Heather
I'm doing nothing today but read and knit.

Tomorrow I'll need to bake my maderia, sultana and cherry buns for the New Year.
Anne1
At last my pc seems to be working[touch wood] again thank goodness,havent been able to post much then cut off so heres hoping its ok laugh.gif
Anne1
just realised wasnt logged on properly till I went to see Gallery[must be an age thing]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.