Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
glasgow lass
Was it a nice fresh christmas tree scoob cool.gif
and stratson how lucky can you be eh,,, your own fresh tomatoes in winter biggrin.gif .
Heather
Washing all the windows. Stopped for a bite of lunch.

Seven windows done, six still to be done. sad.gif
angel
your slow ,Heather. tongue.gif
Anne1
she would be quicker if she stayed out of pub and left the red alone tongue.gif tongue.gif
stuarty
a have stayed in but out tonight am exhausted the day a feel as if a haven slept and the dog found a chicken bone the binmen must have split the bag so now a will need to watch her as they are danderuos all bones are for dogs as they can puncture the gut fingers crossed and the gate was left opened grrrrrr bin men are getting worse down here
Heather
Windows all washed including the frames inside and out which I always do when washing windows.
The Window Cleaner was here today, so the outside windows are also sparkling.

Here you two, Angel and Anne, I'd like to see you both get through all the windows we have. tongue.gif

Hopefully we will get the decorations up some time this week, that's if I can coax Maurice to get up into the loft. rolleyes.gif
angel
I wash the outside of my own window,s ,,, Heather dear....downstairs, ground level and upstairs
and garage, tongue.gif tongue.gif also Laundry room...lol
joycewilson
Hi All....Just Home From Irvine....My Fella Leaves For The Rigs On Thur And Thats Him Away Till 4Th Jan So We Had A Nice Weekend Together wub.gif
glasgow lass
back from having another mugshot done for my permit / visa into south america aha hate having mah photie taken rolleyes.gif , then I started to do some of my christmad baking >>> flour all over the place and Ive jist been told its on my nose as well laugh.gif
Heather
Angel it's just since the beginning of the year we got the Window Cleaner for the outside windows. I'm almost tempted to ask him to do the inside as well, but I don't know if thats allowed. laugh.gif

What are you baking Lass??????????

Joyce, thats hard luck the man being away for Christmas.
stuarty
heather am sure he will do the inside of the windows as he would be greatful for the heat a think so and just say can a have it a wee bit cheaper instead of double the money if you dont ask you wont get
glasgow lass
Hi Heather I made lots of pie crusts for my fresh apple pie's, then I made some canollie shells but doing the shells is too much work so think Im going to buy them in future, they keep for a couple of weeks and then I fill them as I need to with chocolate, or white cream fillings. A made a few small pizzas as well for dinner might as well make the most of it once Ive started. cool.gif
lindamac
biggrin.gif I was out at the Movies yesterday & also had a wee christmas break up dinner with my newfound movie friends It was a huge day out but loved every bit of it was out from 12 noon untill 9pm at night phew.I was awake a lot last night due to Neils snoring more as he was at Dentist for some work & a filling so very sleepy right now

I need my bed since ahve had tae be up early[ended up from 3.45am with light doses throughout the night so was best tae get up rolleyes.gif anyways I had to let in the guys [Joiners]into my home to fit my Plantation shutters theyve been here since 7am this morning ,I don't mind them taking their time as I want it all to be right & I do love Plantation shutters theyre my favourite window covering.
angel
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 17th Dec 2008, 12:33am) *
Hi Heather I made lots of pie crusts for my fresh apple pie's, then I made some canollie shells but doing the shells is too much work so think Im going to buy them in future, they keep for a couple of weeks and then I fill them as I need to with chocolate, or white cream fillings. A made a few small pizzas as well for dinner might as well make the most of it once Ive started. cool.gif
my Lass your a right wee homemaker. biggrin.gif
penny dainty
Lass kin I come to tea at your house ......pleeeeaaaase!!! biggrin.gif
Anne1
I am packing our wee cases cos we are off tomorrow on our xmas travels doin santa, 2days in Newcastle, 2 days in London, 8days at New Forest at youngest son , I will be asolutely shattered when we get back but worth t to see the youngest G /kids xmas morning laugh.gif
Heather
Lass, I used to do a lot of baking, but hardly bother now.

I still make my sultana, maderia and cherry buns for the New Year. smile.gif

Anne, have a good time on your travels.
scoob77
i'm doin a bit more xmas shopping, then i might eventually get round to putting the tree up later!!!! thank god it's only wee wan - 3ft!!! laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Well I've got it >>>>> snaw that is rolleyes.gif , Anne wan safe travels to you and Nev and have a lovely time away pal,,, will'yi have a laptop to keep in touch wae'us.

laugh.gif Everyone is welcome>>>>>>> everyone!!
glasgow lass
scoob the wee tree sounds very nice >>> enjoy it.Lass cool.gif
Heather
Went out today and finished my Christmas shopping. smile.gif

Hubby is now getting the Christmas decorations down from the loft, so hopefully the tree will go up tomorrow.
stuarty
I have wasted 2 days of my life waiting in ot the oxegen arriving and when a called yesterday it was said 3 working days it was book on friday and was called and told tuesday a said to the person on the phone that a was a new customer and this was not a very good impression for new buisness so a said what if a was an old customer and had run out am raging at them as a have built myself up to accept a need to have the dammed stuff and now 2 days wasted and most probably another day tomorrow a cant get my last cards posted am seething and a still dont know the company name a only got their number as my phone holds numbers of the callers so when a do find out a shal e mail my speialist and tell him the shoddyness of the company am moany the day but a think a have reason to be rolleyes.gif
Java
Anne, hope ye have a great time doll....biggrin.gif

Stuarty, ye do right tae put in a complaint hen...shout at them in yer best Weegie accent...laugh.gif
Heather
Stuarty, I had that problem before and found out that Saturday & Sunday are not classed as working days, only Monday to Friday. So you should have got it today as you put the order in on Friday.
penny dainty
Was at the gym bright and early, then home to spruce the house up for the veesitors at the weekend. biggrin.gif
Java
Ocht nae need tae tidy up for me PD...ah'm blin as a bat...laugh.gif
RonD
Lass: ye've think ye've hud snaw, they're talkin' aboot a "snowmagedden" this weekend! rolleyes.gif
stuarty
it was sent in on thursday by e mail and i got it today thursday so that is 5working days no 3 and they only brought 1 cylnder and it should have been 3 and a condenser flilter they are such a crappy firm even the delivery guy never took a lot of time he must have been in all of 5 mins and a said am not a wee dottery woman am 51 and got my whits about me a said a dont even want the stuff but if am having it a want consistancy in my life not slip shod and waiting wasting time as its somthing that is preshious to me as it is without these idiots not getting the orders correct what if a was in dire need of the stuff and was a 15hour a day person a would be in hospital by now so 2 and a half days were wasted on the company not good enough me thinks grrrrrr
stuarty
QUOTE (Heather @ 18th Dec 2008, 12:10am) *
Stuarty, I had that problem before and found out that Saturday & Sunday are not classed as working days, only Monday to Friday. So you should have got it today as you put the order in on Friday.
Heather it was them that phoned me and said tuesday so they should have called back and they said we will get the manager to call you and did he NO he didnt so its the company at fault am getting bad vibes from them and thats not good for my stress levels
Heather
Stuarty if your Oxygen is ordered through the Hospital then put a complaint in to them or to your Doctor.
angel
yesterday I bought a bunch of leeks and wrapped around them was a recipe for Leeks and potato cakes, which I will try ,anyway the leeks come from Boot,s Farms, in Scotland Ontario. Lots of scottish names in Ontario
but until now,I,d never heard of Scotand as a place name here. unsure.gif
joycewilson
Hi Everyone.....Just Having My Wake Up Coffees Then Neeed To Get Ready For Work...... tongue.gif
stuarty
Thanks heather have sorted it out

today i managed to go out and climb the stairs and go to the postoffice in double quick time the oxygen works whoohoo a new lease of life no huffing and puffing and standing hanging onto railings for 20 mins at a time still a cant walk and talk but am no complaining as maybe this is a sign to shut up and start listening to others talking and that might be a no bad thing so a need to find away to get the oxygen to no catch on skipping roaps a will need to buy a pair and practice indoors without lydia knowing or my sons then a will surprise them a will wait until next week when a get extra cannisters and a will try a bit of dancing anaw the worlds my oyster A love dancing so a nice pressie for the 3 of them on christmas time eh wub.gif
Heather
I not only did my usual grocery shopping today, I bought all the Christmas food as well. I made out a big list and ticked everything off as I got them.

I hope I don't get any nasty surprises and find at the last minute I've forgotten something. rolleyes.gif
glasgow lass
How were the leek cakes angel laugh.gif , well Im going to do some christmas visiting if I can get oot the street. All the kids ,,,well young men a should say, have just left my house and are on way to Pittsburg by car going to Pittsburg and Toronto game tonight most of the guys were working all night removing snow, not mine as he is the designated driver , but he worked aw day yesterday in the snow so had a pretty good nights sleep as its a long drive ( 6 to 7 hrs ) and had to have his sleep. Yesterday a made a big pot of home made soup so a told the guys tae each bring a flask so they will have something hot to drink with lunch. Im so proud of these boys.
Have a great day everywin laugh.gif
angel
Hi lass, hope those young men take it easy on the roads, I don,t think we are out of the woods yet, : weather wise: ...The cakes turned out Ok
but If I don,t have them again ,It won,t be a great loss, Cheers.
joycewilson
Evening All...Just Waiting On My Mum And My Friend To Come Over For A Wee Girls Night In. Hope You All Have A Nice Night xxxxxxxxxx
wellfield
QUOTE (stuarty @ 17th Dec 2008, 09:44am) *
I have wasted 2 days of my life waiting in ot the oxegen arriving and when a called yesterday it was said 3 working days it was book on friday and was called and told tuesday a said to the person on the phone that a was a new customer and this was not a very good impression for new buisness so a said what if a was an old customer and had run out am raging at them as a have built myself up to accept a need to have the dammed stuff and now 2 days wasted and most probably another day tomorrow a cant get my last cards posted am seething and a still dont know the company name a only got their number as my phone holds numbers of the callers so when a do find out a shal e mail my speialist and tell him the shoddyness of the company am moany the day but a think a have reason to be rolleyes.gif
You know stuarty,an item like that should be hand delivered immediately after the Doctors say so!
wellfield
QUOTE (joycewilson @ 20th Dec 2008, 11:34am) *
Evening All...Just Waiting On My Mum And My Friend To Come Over For A Wee Girls Night In. Hope You All Have A Nice Night xxxxxxxxxx
Hi Joyce,enjoy your evening and have a wee drink for me,and don't want to hear of hangovers in the morn! Merry Christmas.
penny dainty
Did all my shopping yesterday as well Heather, stuck to the list , so hopefully I have everything now, the shops re CrAzY wacko.gif
stuarty
QUOTE (wellfield @ 20th Dec 2008, 07:09pm) *
You know stuarty,an item like that should be hand delivered immediately after the Doctors say so!
aye wellfield try telling them that so now am waiting on the portable concentrator and 2 more cylnders so a need to monitor the oxygen when going out but it was a great feeling yesterday going out and feeling normal again breathing and only stopping once practice makes perfect so a will be a new woman when my transplant happens as a got a letter today saying a will be hopfully attending the harefield in six months time for a consultation with doctor martin carby so the ball is rolling and am hoping to get back to work if a get the transplant whoopee
joycewilson
Hi All Well I Only Had MUm Over Last Night mY Friend took A Wee Turn For The Worst, Shes Fine Though But Felt It Best Not To Go Out Of Her Own Home When Feeling Like That...had A Nice Few Hours With My Mum And A Few Refreshments Before She Headed Off To get The Bus Home Hope You have A Nice Sunday. Im Off To Shower And Go To Tescos To get My heavy Things While Son Is Around With His Van xxxxxxxxxxxxx tongue.gif
glasgow lass
angel I had a call fae the guys saying that they had arrived safely, thanks Lass cool.gif
angel
I see the leafs clobbered the penguins, hope those guys are happy about
that. tongue.gif tongue.gif
glasgow lass
aye angel some will be >>>> mine not! he's a penguins fan. laugh.gif
Heather
I'm doing nothing today, well maybe I'll start to wrap up the Christmas Presents. rolleyes.gif

The dinners made and I'm sitting her just relaxing, maybe do some knitting.
stratson
Am a similiar position to you Heather, dinner's made. G/daughter is coming at four thirty so am having a wee sit down at my desk and checking out the posts on G.G.

My pressies are all wrapped. Yesterday g/daughter and family were all here with mine. They took all theirs away, had them all in a huge Xmas bag, They are driving through T He's nearly seventeen now, Tuesday night to Berkshire to Cal's sister's for Xmas. All his family are also going. I was invited, however I like being in my own home for my son, the elder boy is having Xmas with my son and I.
He has evening dates with his friends.Lots of parties. biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
I put a nice big roat into my slow cooker for late dinner , will have a few hungry young men coming in from Pitsburg, I know that they will enjoy that with roast spuds and a couple of different vegetables, home made apple pie and ah'll make a nice pouring custard, so hope this hits the spot , so for now its out tae the mall to get last of christmas things , food and a few extra presys, have a great day everybiddy.
petalpeeps
Got in a Chinese carry out and a bottle of wine , to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. biggrin.gif
Heather
[b]Happy Anniversary Petal[/b].
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.