Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Heather
I'm off the UCM Christmas dinner tonight. So looking forward to a good time. smile.gif
stuarty
my neice elizabeth worked in the bar at shawfield about 6years ago and loved it a love the posh side of wimbledon dog track 5/3 pound reverse through the card was my numbers and a bookies runner places the bets for you and a 3 course meal silver service very nice indeed laugh.gif in the star attraction resturant look it up and see what i mean love the dogs
scoob77
im busy today, because the council say they've no houses "available", i am going out and looking for houses that are empty and then shove it in their faces!!! hopefully that should get me moved????
Heather
Scoob, tell the Housing Authorities you want a house befitting your status as an Immigrant. I.E. A five bedroom house that costs 12,000 a month paid for by the Social Security.
stratson
Good Luck scoob, hope you find something!

All depending on roads, if not icy will go out for an hour or so. other than that have plenty to keep me occupied at home. biggrin.gif

Anne1
been to Drs had blood tests got to back 4.30 for results hopefuly dont need redoing smile.gif
glasgow lass
I cant believe in this day and age people still have to fight for a house over there,,, good luck scoob.
glasgow lass
Keep'yir chin up doll.
joycewilson
Hi All...Going To Head Into Town For An Hour.....Got A Few Things To Get xxxxxxxx
scoob77
well ive been out, and after i was told there was no houses "available", i found 3 empty houses!!! so guess where im going tomorrow?????? mad.gif
angel
Scoob , hope it works out for you. smile.gif
angel
picked up my grandson today as usual,however the car got caught on an icy patch on the road and we went for a spin, I was able to control it thank God, and with the good sense from the other drivers no damage was done.
however I was truly shook up, but I was so glad that those other drivers were a reasonable distance from me.and driving according to the weather conditions
Heather
Angel that was frightning.
I remember my husband hit an icy patch one time and the car went full circle. He said it was hair raising when he saw the traffic coming at him from the other direction.

I cleared out the Unit today. Washed all the ornaments and the glass doors. The started on the cupboards and drawers below.
I filled a bag with rubbish and in the process found a wallet of mine with 150 in euro travellers Cheques, and 25 Euro's in notes.
I also found a $1 dollar bill.
Then in another wallet I found a 2000 & 1000 peseta notes. laugh.gif
Isobel
Scoob is that how its done now ,you can find a house and just tell them this is the one I would like. I remember years ago waiting for a council house ,When the word came my parents were thrilled.Anne I hope all the blood work and test go well.
Just a thought here. I have a friend who would like to try living back home again. We have talked them into renting their house here and not selling till they are really sure. How difficult would it be for them to get a council house in Glasgow when they arrive.
penny dainty
morning all, well finally got the tree up last night , have to go up to Tin Can and pick up the caravan this weekend , will only manage an overnight stay as too much to do at home.Mr Dainty has all the tiling to do in the new en suite then the builder has to come back and finish the plumbing,all this before Christmas , I'm not optomistic.
Was thinking about you yesterday Anne, that dye gives you a weird sensation doesnt it?
Scoob , I remember years ago going to the council after seeing an empty house I really wanted and actually got it, we were on the list for ages and had 2 children and another on the way, so we had no probs in gettng it.
stuarty
i got my last crown put into my lower mouth so thats my treatment done thank god and am at the royal brompton all day tomorrow all day for consultation breathing volume tests bone density tests and echo cardiogram what ever that entails so am being collected a 730 am approx and wont get home until 7 30pm approx so long day and am dreading it big time unsure.gif
joycewilson
Evening All....Wow Angel You were Lucky x Cold Out There Tonight Just Having A Chilling Night At Home xxxxxx
angel
maybe you will get a christmas miracle Penny and it will all be done in time. tongue.gif
angel
tongue.gif Hi Joyce, hope that you where warm and cosy in bed at least.
murn
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 10th Dec 2008, 07:49am) *
been to Drs had blood tests got to back 4.30 for results hopefuly dont need redoing smile.gif

So no heard, dis that mean yee dont have to have it redone ???
Yee dae know yer ma favorite wee pin cushion or as some call yee voodoo doll wink.gif
murn
Angel, years ago a did a spin wae ma wee Mum in the car. By the time we did a 180 she hud her seat belt off and the car door open tae make her escape a did not know whether to laugh or shout at her rolleyes.gif
Elma
I have done a few 'donuts' on the hill on the way ointo town from my house, and you're right, it is a bit scary to be on the wrong side of the road and another car is coming. ohmy.gif Thank goodness at least one lane was clear each time. smile.gif
Anne1
blood tests came back clear so can start diabetic medication again.
Had alook at woolworths sale today big posters saying 50% of tv was saying even more of when in store nothing fabulous then manager makes announcement not all goods 50% of check items before going to desk, on checking some items 10% some 15% and when I looked at large poster it said in small letter up to 50% of so not such a great sale, that kept Nev happy cos I kept my purse closed biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Morning All.yeah Anne I Went To Woolworths Too.....And Bought A White Elephant!!!! Saw A Shredder 30% Off And Thoughjt Treat Myself Its One Of Those Hand Turning Ones!!!! And I Cant Find The Receipt!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr Not Much Of A Sale I Must Say xxxx
RonD
Joyce, mibbe ye shredded it! biggrin.gif

Ah've hud ma share o' 360's oan slippery roads. Luckily it wiz always wi' nae traffic comin' at me. Scary aye, but whit gets me is that it always seem stae be in slow motion when it happenin' sad.gif
Anne1
We are of to our first Xmas dinner its in our lounge in the complex, nice 3 course meal a few drinks a wee dance and a raffle and only forty yds from our house so no problem getting home, and all for free as well smile.gif
murn
huv a drink on me Anne wink.gif
bit bring me back a doggy bag biggrin.gif
stratson
I sobel. it's not that simple getting a council house, if you are already a tenant, or on the waitin list and have enough qualifying points, your in with a shout, if your an asylum seeker>>>>a dawdle!!! If she was a homeless single Mum wae a wean in her hand>>>Probably get housed.
Bearing all that in mind I wish your friend luck getting a council house, must be honest, don't fancy her chance's sad.gif

Glad to hear Anne1 no need to return to Dr,s. When will you get cat scan result?

All you driver.s take care, sounds scary to me.Watch the B.P. rolleyes.gif

Went to Victoria Rd. My local shopping area. The cold was raw, caught my breath, glad to get back indoors. Piece of good news. Somerfield in Victoria Rd. has been bought by Lidl's, this is good news.

All my chrissie decs(all that I am doing) are ready to switch on, will do Saturday. don't like them on too soon. Quite a few have them on now, must say some are lovely this year.
angel
QUOTE (murn @ 11th Dec 2008, 02:41am) *
Angel, years ago a did a spin wae ma wee Mum in the car. By the time we did a 180 she hud her seat belt off and the car door open tae make her escape a did not know whether to laugh or shout at her rolleyes.gif
Now thats scary Murn, and your poor mother terrified.
angel
I,m off to get my grandson now and also the flu shot, so hoping no more driving mishaps. tongue.gif
scoob77
well, i went down the council today, with list of empty houses in hand, and im still not being moved!!!! they said the ones ive wrote down are 2 bedroom and i need a 3 bedroom as ive got 3 boys, and i might not hear anything til jan/feb!!!! the thing that gets me is my eldest is deaf, and on disabilty living allowance and he starts a new school in jan, but its about a 15 minute drive away from where i am at the mo, and theyve known this since august!!!!! and i dont drive!!! mad.gif
glasgow lass
awcht scoob thats bliddy terrible , they sure dont go out of their way to accomodate one of there own ( and one who has a special need )do they, am sure you get mah point,,,,
Heather
Scoob, I was not kidding when I said you should pretend to be an Immigrant, you would get more attention.

I did my grocery shopping today then came home and washed the kitchen blinds and windows.
I'm worn out as the windows and blinds are about 6ft wide. sad.gif
angel
you should have told me Heather, I would have helped you out wi they big windaes. biggrin.gif
Heather
Aye right Angel.

There's still plenty more to be done, so I'll expect you tomorrow!!!!!!!!

The window in the Utility room is 8ft wide and the Venetian blinds the same width, I'll leave them for you. wub.gif

Why anyone would put a window that width in a Utilty room, is beyond me. rolleyes.gif
stuarty
I got back from the royal brompton today and a have a bruise in my wrist because they could not get the deep vain grr and to top it all a have been crying allday because as of tuesday Ishall be attatched to a oxigene cannester and holder when ever i need to go walking ie shops stairs etc and a am now going to be attending the harefield transplant hospital as the took test and walkin my blood gasses dropped from 93 to61 without oxy and when put on in a trial it stayed static so as of tuesday that it and now my fear has come after keeping it at bay for 5 years a want to cry well a have been crying all day but hay i might get my dance with my granddaughter afterall and to walk a bit more sprightly a hope so anyway am shaking with fear . but it is on tuesday and it will give me time to get used to it so a said a didnt want the transplant until after my cruise they said it will be a lot of tests first today a had bloods and the walking test and the bone density test and lung function and am just aboot wiped oot so am no stayin on long my brother william came down on the sleeper from glasgow to listen to the doctor so the BIG TRANSPLANT ball is rolling and am bricking it bigtime so pray for me oh and my wee mammy passed away 21years ago tomorrow the 12th oh a miss her but a talked with my mammy1 so a was in good hands to talk to about it as she knew what pain i have been in walking and climbing stairs oh mountains a hope might become wee mole hills fingers and anything else crossed wub.gif
glasgow lass
stuarty we will pray for you, for the return of good health and everything that comes with feeling well. Its fantastic to hear that the TP is on its way , and stuartu a really hope that your not taking any unnesesary risks by waiting till the cruis is over,, you go girl the best has yet to be wub.gif wink.gif
Anne1
you take it easy stuarty, youve waited a long time for this, put your trust in god and you wil be fine, and I will be praying like mad for you and remember One Day At A Time girl smile.gif
stratson
You are going to be fine stuarty, it's a step forward getting your oxygen, you will walk without having to stop so frequently. Lydia and you will soon be skipping ropes together.
You may even get a dance on your cruise and get around without your chair.
All the prayers for you and good wishes of all on G.G. are for your recovery.
Relax and Tuesday and your oxygen will be here. Speak over the weekend. Love you.x

Today am staying home by choice, and footerin' aboot doin' this and that. Aye, great bein' a lady of leisure. biggrin.gif
Anne1
same here stratson having a nice easy day wae nae rushing to Drs ,hospitals and such like a life of leisure for me laugh.gif
Tori G
Stuarty sounds like things are starting to look good for you, like Stratson said, you'll be fine, and get to skip with Lydia....Hugs from me and I'll also pray for you too.

Well I've had a full week of cleaning myself too Heather. I've had the evening for myself, been sitting here reading lots, and in-between organising all the christmas prezzies, I havent wrapped them yet, just getting them read for that, at this time it looks like tomorrow now.

Scoob have you thought about maybe going to your local MP and give him/her your thoughts about your situation.

Heather
I finally got the list from my son for the g'daughters Christmas presents.

I'm laughing because my g'son is staying over and has offered to go into town tomorrow and get his wee sisters pressies. It will probably cost me his train fare and a MacDonalds for him and his friend but I consider it cheap at the price because of the hassle it will save me. laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Well its moving day for sister-in -law, so am off tae lend a wee hand>>>aha better get ma skates on then tongue.gif cool.gif
Anne1
Well today Sunday we are having a Xmas Lunch at my G/daughters her Mum will be there as well, we are of on 18th so wont see them till after xmas so its early celebrations for the four of us, and exchanging gifts I have been warned not to open mine till Xmas, spoilsports, they better not open theirs either laugh.gif laugh.gif
lindamac
biggrin.gif I was busy awe day yesterday so today is lazy hazy summer sunday for us[Neil ha a hangover LOL.I went to get some shopping yesterday morning just to get some footery things & had my manicure and enjoyed a cool drink .

Neil & I went to his works christmas party that beganat 3pm but we didn't go untill 4.30pm as Neil wasn't into the fishing moreso for the food & free booz LOL,it was on an eco/fish farm,plenty fathers & kiddies were fishing then throwing them back etc but the sarroundings were quite lovely& serene.

the weather didn't let us down too much just one light shower for a few minute then all was well.The boss supplied all food drinks & fishing fees etc there was games for kids so itwas a lovely family type of day, then afterwards most kids left around 6pm.

Inevitably the adults that stayed on got into the free booz & the cheese & fruit Platters that was for the evening, the day went onward untill 10pm last night.

I enjoyed the good company of some of the wives & had a laugh at others at play[plenty water fights especialy with the boss getting drowned in icy water by the workers stolen from the eskys], a good day was had by all which was nice since I thought it would be horrible so all turned out better than I expected them days often are the best. biggrin.gif
penny dainty
Sorry to hear things are not going so well Stuarty, keep your chin up , were all with you.
Well got back from Tincan today , only got up for an overnight stay to bring the van home as we are off on Boxing day for a week .When we got there yesteday a couple we meet there sometimes had prepared us a lovely dinner, a lovely surprise , the park owner told them we were coming and they knew we wouldnt be bringing much with us for such a short stay , so they had it all ready and a wee bottle of red for yours truly, and do you know what?I drank the lot and enjoyed it laugh.gif
Today back home and did the usual cook in for the week.
scoob77
i'm off today to try and get a xmas tree!!! wish me luck, there's not many out there!!!!
glasgow lass
Ive had the same wee tree for yrs, jist love it, eezy peezy so it is. Had a great big wan one yr , trying tae dae christmas like the Canadians but ma wee wan kept pulling it down on top of himself and creating a lot of work and worry fer'me. Found this lovely small one that mine could stand and gaze at without it falling over whit a difference it made to the enjoyment of having a christmas tree, and of course the questions that were asked because of its size>>>>> never ending laugh.gif laugh.gif
scoob77
well, i went to argos, and....... I GOT THE LAST ONE!!!!! how happy am i??? smile.gif
stratson
Glad for you scoob, have fun decorating your tree. biggrin.gif

My son walked me to my allotment where the Treasurer was collecting annual rents.Hadn't been for a few months, would you believe 4 small tomatoes , the pampas was blowing away so high, I wish I had my camera with me. Other than that was barren.
Look forward to Spring and hopefully good weather,lot of work ahead..

Now going to see to dinner. smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.