Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
scoob77
today i will be doing what i do every day - housework, housework and probably some more housework rolleyes.gif
stratson
Am awaiting Parcel Delivery by courier, could be still waiting at tea time. In the meantime will get on with some hoosy things.
Would like to get out as have some errands needing attended too. biggrin.gif
Elma
Off to decorate the Church sanctuary and hall this afternoon. First Sunday of Advent coming up on the 30th as well as being St. Andrew's Day. Our church as well as a whole lot of others is called St. Andrew's Presbyterian so we have a wee mention of him during the service. Have to get the Advent wreath and candles up and also the Jesse Tree prepared.
joycewilson
Hi Alll...Slept All Day Working Nights...Never Mind Two More Nights To Go Till The Weekends Here Again xxxxx
stuarty
a went and did a wee bit of shopping and banked some money to pay for some of my trip as am paying it in insallments and a want to book the trips also as it is about 300pounds each just to have some days out not all as that would be a lot more a want to go on the pope trip and thats on a sunday and then a want to se piza also and thats another trip again wub.gif 6months to go whoopee
stratson
Stayed home today, didn't feel like facing the elements. Watched Loose Women", at lunch time, on t.v. is a laugh!
Tidied out my linen cupboard, have made up a sack for the Marie Curie charity shop, silly keeping stuff I will never use, only taking up valuable space.
Made a steak pie for dinner with some cabbage and new potatoes.
Going to watch "I'm a Celebrity" at 9p.m., guess will be ready for bed time when it ends. biggrin.gif
Heather
I went into town today. It was busy but not too busy.

I bought two new Baker Boy style hats, a black one and a red one. Also bought new cushion covers. New Christmas tree lights in Woolies and of course some tablet, macaroon bars, cadburys caramel and couple of bars of galaxy for my Nephew to take over to my sister and her husband on Monday.
Anne1
well folks just finished wrapping the very last xmas present, so feeling pretty chuffed wae maself, all my overseas mail ready for post office tomorrow. wae to go anne laugh.gif
Heather
Anne, I have not bought one Christmas present yet!!!!!!!

Still waiting for a list from my son for himself and the children. Maurice like myself, has not got a clue what he wants. I'll probably get some jewellery and as Maurice has good taste it is always something nice.
Heather
Today Saturday we have our St. Andrews Day Mass at 10'0'clock then into the Chapel Hall for a buffet breakfast. smile.gif

We have been doing this in St. Bridget's for quite a few years now.
lindamac
absoloutly nothing to do today & didn't want to do anything either iam having a lazy hazy day today! LOL
Anne1
Also having a lazy day just been to Post Ofice and sent away my overseas mail and now going to meet friend for coffee then old faithful BINGO, a want tae win helppppppppppppppppppppp laugh.gif
stratson
Going out for an hour, want to stretch my legs. Is really cold but dry and crispy,Go into Argos to pick up something I ordered, have to Monday, will see how I feel once am out. My son can always pick it up for me.

Hope you enjoyed your Xmas buffet at St. Brigid's Heather.

Lindamac, if I were living in your climate I'd be having a few lazy days in the air conditioning at home. Can't stand the high temps. I know is lovely wakening up to those blue skies, fantastic. biggrin.gif

Anne1, no wonder your feelin chuft wae yersel hen, you have so many pressies to wrap.
Enjoy yer lazy day. laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Hello everybiddy, Im going out with sister-in-law she is looking for a new condo,,,,they say its a buyers market right now, so might pick a few up for maself laugh.gif laugh.gif. I would love a nice day at home jist to relax a bit, tomorrow I'll do that tomorrow,,,,cheerio everyone have a nice day.
penny dainty
One of these days , just one I might get a nice relaxing day.Cooked all the dinners for the coming week and will freeze them when they cool.Going to do an ironing this afternoon and clear out the en suite for the builder coming next week he's puting in new windows and building a new wall to split it into two , half en suite other half walk in robe, oh and he's puting in a new bath , loo and vanity.
stuarty
going to lydias 7th birthday party its late but the only place that had the space for the party and am a wee bit upset because kirsty,s family wont come due to the wee baby girl that passed away and she would have been six today holly was a lovley wee girl and passed away 2004 at 21 months but life goes on and instead of celibrating lydias birthday they want to grieve instead and thats sad as they always had the pardy on the 30th so holly and lydia could have a joint party but we are all different and am sure lydia will have a good time del made her a mr men cake with 4 of the carachters in it so a will take pics and try and put it up in the gallery when a get back home ok wub.gif
joycewilson
Hi All....Im Working From 5Pm Till 11Pm Not Doen Much Today Lazed Around...My Son left For The Highlands Today Hes Off rehearsing For Romeo And Juliet...he Got The Part Of ROMEO yipppppppppppeeeeeeeeeee xxx
stuarty
pics in gallery of lydia and her mummy today wub.gif
angel
Hi Ron,, today I took a quick drive down to,, Niagara on The Lake,,
and checked out the loft, I got the rasberry Ruffles, so thanks for the advice, although I did end up spending a small fortune but what the hell,
tis the season after all, int it.. tongue.gif rolleyes.gif
RonD
Ah never said they wurr cheap!! biggrin.gif
Heather
I gave my Nephew a bag of candy as my sister would say to take over to her and her husband. Macaroon bars, Scottish Maid Tablet, Cadburys Caramel, Aero, Fruit & Nut, & Raspberry Ruffle Bars.
My Newhew also took, Chocolate digestive biscuits, potato scones, oysters, the wafer kind you put the ice cream in which my sister loves, and a few other choice bites she misses.
Anne1
Just received my 1st Xmas Card all the way fae Sunnybank Australia thanks doll.
Of to shops to get baby gift for my friends new g/g/daughter maybe give bingo a wee try laugh.gif
stratson
I received my first Xmas card yesterday.

Today am taking dowm my inner curtaining to wash and whiten,
When windows are washed hopefully end of week, will be hanging my beautiful new drapes and pelmet.
At the right time will be putting Xmas decs on windows.
Having a bath, then cooking a late dinner.
My son's hospital appt is 5 p.m. rather late in the day I think. Hence late meal.
His consultant must be very busy
You never stop worrying about your children, do you?.

Anne1, I wish you luck at the Bingo, all those presents you buy must dig a hole in your finances.

I don't play bingo, however I do gamble on the Lottery and Euro millions,
You've got to be in it to win it. biggrin.gif
Heather
Today I tried to avoid breaking my legs as I have never known it so icy. I had to walk across the lawn to the gate as the driveway was sheer ice. I held onto the gate while I got myself onto the pavement, then slid right across onto the road.
I tottered down the road like a toddler learning to walk.
Tonight it is no better, and if it is the same tomorrow then I'm staying indoors. wub.gif
bilbo.s
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 2nd Dec 2008, 01:25pm) *
Of to shops to get baby gift for my friends new g/g/daughter maybe give bingo a wee try laugh.gif

Got our first last week fae Aiberdeen.

QUOTE (Anne1 @ 2nd Dec 2008, 01:25pm) *

Got our first last week fae Aiberdeen.
Elma
Got a Calendar and card last week from sunny Surrey.......... wub.gif
stratson
Today much the same as yesterday, cannot go outdoors, Is bitter cold here and roads are dangerous. Do bits and bobs, keeping warm and active. Right now am going back to bed to watch "Loose Women"and te "News". By then will go into kitchen and prepare evening meal. smile.gif
joycewilson
Hi All.....Stratson thats a good idea not to go out the streets are like sheets of ice here...Im working tonight so have to venture out at 9.30Pm. Hope Your All keeping Warm! Is The Kettle On ? unsure.gif
stuarty
went to dentist for crown prep and made an appointment to see the doctor for a review on bits and pieces then read most of the topics old and new and then am going to make some dinner biggrin.gif oh it is so icey out there when a got back from dentists brrrrrrrrrr and news said snow for most of the country except here down to the coast boo hoo unsure.gif
penny dainty
Up at 6 this morning , washing on the line, builder currently knocking big holes in the en suite wall, I'm off to the gym to get way from the noise.Need my sunnies on today , it's to be 35 degrees outside phew! cool.gif
stuarty
Aww Penny gonny send me your sunshine as uk has hardly had any this year about 3 weeks in total in so called sunny surrey well no so sunny noooo laugh.gif
RonD
Ah', still deliverin' Christmas stuff, anywan want a mince meat tart or an East Fife calendar?C'moan they won the FA cup in 1938.
Heather
We're going to a 50th Birthday Party tonight.
It's a surprise party, and will be interesting to see the look on the woman's face when her partner brings her into the hall. wub.gif

It's in the same hall we had our party in October, so it's only five minutes walk from our house.
RonD
50th????jings they're jist weans! rolleyes.gif
lindamac
Re post 3083 by Heather...............Hiya Heather could this world be so small [Internet does make the world closer & smaller at times sure it does?]

Could it be perhaps that my friends John & Sharon McKay whom were also going to be attending a surprise 50th on Saturday night actualy been at the very same do?you all may well have been attending the very same surprise 50th Birthday party LOL what dyee think ?dyee know Sharon or John mcKay from Springburns Colston Road? I just wondered can the world be that small that could happen LOL how cool would that be! stranger things have happened haven't they.
lindamac
Got all my bits n bobs to wrap & pack gifts up so that will be me finished all xmas stuff including the food ahhhh the days building to christmas should be peaceful for me.LOL
Heather
I don't recognise the name Linda, but I knew very few who were there.

The party was in St. Bridget's Parish Centre, Baillieston.

It was funny when Sandra came in, Gerard had told her they were going to a party for one of his mates. As soon as they came in the Disco chap played, 'Congratulations & Celebrations ' and we all joined in singing and Sandra did not have a clue what was going on.
It was a good night and we all enjoyed ourselves. smile.gif

I think it was time I was in bed.
Heather
I knitted a childs aran sweater for the Church coffee morning next Sunday.
I had wool left over, so today I decided to use it to knit childrens mitts. I was just about to finish off a pair when I discovered I had knitted two for the right hand. laugh.gif
lindamac
Hi Heather I will ask my friends when I talk to them on the weekend where their party was. Just had a wee laugh at yer 2 rh mittens LOL

Iam going to be sorting out some gifts which I will also start to wrap etc Happy days eh.
stuarty
I went to doctors today and yet again got another new bloodpessure pill to go with my accuretic as that helps but still no quite there so a need to get that dispensed and had a chat about telling the brompton doctor on thursday that am not doing the E A S E trials the transplant is all am going for that is the biggest trial a think a will ever do ........ am out tonight as a need a meeting so thats me the day
Heather
I finally took myself into town and did some Christmas shopping.

I bought seven presents but could not get some of the items I had in mind. Now my poor feet a sore after walking about the town for five hours.
joycewilson
Hi All....Cant Sleep So Thought I Would Pop On here...Was At Shawfield On Sat Night Good Night And I Had Three Winners biggrin.gif
Anne1
Cant sleep either got to go for CT Scan today never had one before so a wee bit worried about it.Havent been at Shawfield in about 30yrs Joyce, I did have a couple of winners then really enjoyed our night there
glasgow lass
Hope you get some sleep pal, all will be well, you'll see. wink.gif smile.gif
Heather
I'm also sleepless in Glasgow. wacko.gif
joycewilson
Good Luck With Your Scan Anne....Hi Heather...Well Its Into Town For Me This Am Got Some Things To Get xxxxxxxxx
bilbo.s
Just rewired a socket in the kitchen with not too much effing & blinding. Gotta pick up the wife from the peluqueria later, then start assembling kitchen units. This retirement ain't all it's cracked up to be- haven't worked so hard in years. Have to watch it, as expats drop like flies around here due to taking on too much. That's why I do things in the winter- well it's about 16 degs. today.

Anne, all the best- I'll be thinking about you, as I hate hospitals.
stratson
Guess you will be off to hospital by now Anne1. You'll see it is not a problem having it done. Good Luck with result. smile.gif

Joyce, went to Shawfield once with my friend and husband, must have been 40 years or so ago, I can still hear her hubby shouting, "Come on the Black Douglas">>>It won., it was a Glasgow Fair Holiday.

Have to get one more present today than Dr. appt. 3.30.p.m. Just for reports>>>I think.?

G/daughter popping in for a coffee before hairdressers shortly..

Heather, it's very tiring in town, nothing worse than girny feet!
You did well getting seven of your presents.

Have to mail small package to my late sister's g/g/kids in Paris. Cost of postage restricts size of package now send. rolleyes.gif

bIlbo, s'nice havin' a handy man around the house>> Well done you!
scoob77
im gonnae do a bit of christmas shopping today, which im dreading awready, and im no even oot the door yet!!!!
Anne1
just back from hospital after CT Scan, scan was easy but whit a palaver getting needles put in to my arm for dye to go thru, by 3rd try Im standing on tippy toes wae pain then doctor comes along and does it in one go . now got to go to Drs in morning for more blood test for diabetes[mair bliddy needles] should get results of scan in about 14days[ more imagination time for ma brain] sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.