Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
bilbo.s
Having a quiet day- packing for the big Arctic expedition to Airdrie- have to get the semits & jumpers out of storage.
stratson
Wise man Bilbo, it's pouring from the heavens and cauld and dreich, yer gonny need them.
It's no exactly Arctic weather. Hope you have a nice time.

Am having a day at home, do catch up on housework. Also awaiting deliveries.

Hope P.D. and Lindmac ae safe and no damage from adverse weather in Queensland, heard on early morning T.V. they had bad storm.

No need to cook as have leftovers from Sunday dinner. smile.gif
bilbo.s
Hi Anne

Got the anoraks & brollies too. just going back for a week with sister 8 man who have been here for a month and so they'll feel it too.
Anne1
well bilbo I was shopping in Airdrie on Saturday and there was brilliant sunshine pity its no the same the day wub.gif
stuarty
a just phoned the ombius man about a wrong entry into a policy that was paid in full in feb and then found out they had cancelled my insurance unbekniwns to me then they left a message the other week to phone them a think they must have caught out the fraudulant enteries and who was doing them and it has taken all this time to notify customers they are no longer insured am bloody raging so a have to wait 8week for the outcome grrrr dont get insured with cis just phone up if you have only got contents insurance cause the thing that was added would only help house owners not tennant that is where the big boo boo bwas made so a know a have a case against them

then tonight am off to a meeting rolleyes.gif
joycewilson
Another Few Hours Till My Nightshift Begins... : sad.gif Never Mind I Had A Great Weekend In Irvine biggrin.gif
stratson
Am sure the night will fly by thinking of all the goings on in Irvine at the weekend Joyce!

Where are you this weekend, mibbee shopping with Mummy? biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Hi Stratson...Yep Will Do That And Am Sure mY Weekend Will Go By Quick rolleyes.gif Seeing Mum Sat Night She Is Coming Along To My Place Got Two Close Friends Popping Over For A Girlie Weekend rolleyes.gif You Got Any Plans? x
stratson
Hi Joyce, a day at a time for me at this time in my life. Am awaiting delivery of new Desktop and Monitor from P C WORLD, expect that will take up a lot of my time, have to download all my programs and import all the data I stored.
Have a house where family members come and go, am kept busy,hopefully weather will be dry and will get out for an hour. smile.gif

Enjoy your girlie weekend, time goes past so quickly so enjoy yourself. biggrin.gif
Anne1
we are off to Ullapool for a few days got to deliver the xmas pressies as we are going down south at xmas time and dont want to leave it till last minute and have a mad rush smile.gif smile.gif
Also trying to dotor myself up loaded with the cold so its lemsips to the rescue
stuarty
annewan you drive safetly and a think you do too much runnin aboot slap the wristies easy does it noo ok wub.gif oh update

andy can walk a wee bit on his gammy leg without the leg brace woohoo wub.gif
joycewilson
Thanks Stratson I Will Enjoy My Girlie Weekend wink.gif By The Sound Of The Weather Forcast...Jammies ACarry Oot Meal And Voddie Sounds Good By The Fireside xxxxxxxxxxxx
angel
a bit of shopping to day for me, going out with my sister and probably do lunch as well. tongue.gif
Heather
Was at the Dentist and got a tooth pulled out. That was almost two hours ago and I'm still bleeding.
I'm sitting here with a wad of cotton wool as I keep having to pack the bleeding gum. wub.gif
stuarty
heather try and leave the same piece of cotton wool as it wont congeal otherwize and hope it stops bleeding soon no drinking the night or you will hemmorage ok wub.gif
Heather
Stuarty, I was told, nothing to eat or drink for two hours. I have had nothing to eat since my porridge this morning and all I've had to drink was soluble solphadeine for the pain 3hours after the tooth was removed, but it's still bleeding.
I think it will be a plate of custard for my dinner tonight. I don't think I could face chewing anything. sad.gif
joycewilson
Hiya All....Just having My Wake Up Coffees Before Shower And Ready For Another Nightshift xxxxxxxxx
penny dainty
Heather Pop into the pub and I'll give you a wee thimble full of brandy to dip into some cotton wool to hold against the socket , that'll fix you, now don't say I never give you anything. smile.gif
Well after a night of flooding and battering rain , the day has dawned into a scorcher.Been to the gym and having coffee now and a bit of toast before I start the housework, you gotta love a day off!!! wink.gif
Heather
Penny sounds like you have had a bad storm there in Brisbane. My relations live in Goodna, is that anywhere near you????
lindamac
Well I was up at the cracka dawn the day letting in the workers to dae the concrete slab for our shed that has to get built shortly.My daughter showed up to do her laundry & she also did my housework since I sacked my wee cleaner for becoming too unreliable & she wasn't cleaning with the same stamina as she used to ,so I had to let her go 2 wks ago. so Now my wee lassie does it for me for some pocket money,the best paRT WAS THAT HER BOYFRIEND HAD TO HAVE A DAY OFF WORK TODAY DUE TO FLOODS OUT AT iPSWICH THE ROADS WERE A MESS & THERE WAS NO ACCESS TO HIS WORK WHERE HE IS A PAINTER SO HE CAME BACK TO MY PLACE TO CONTINUE TO PAINT THE FRONT DOOR & THE eves since we didnae like the horrid Broon colour the builders used we are painting over it an Oak red colour which appears tae be a lot better looking as the broon was yoan orangey broon eek!.Iam off oot later at 6pm to get a massage wilst my sore feet get done so theres plenty rest for wicked little me tongue.gif laugh.gif Life is grand when ye get awe that help i do appreciate it for sure.
stuarty
just paid 243 .23pence for an 18foot pole and am still no getting aww the free programmes then he tried to get another 100 for a booster a said my name is not lilly hint or words to that effect a could have gone oot and bought a big pair a ladders a big pole and a booster for that the bar stewards a hope they can sleep at night and a hope the boggie man gets them grrrrrrrrr
Heather
Stuarty, what is the pole for???Have you taking up Pole Dancing??? laugh.gif

I think I'll get one of those face veils, as the left side of my face is so swollen I look like an rhinorcerous. I was going to start my Christmas shopping today, but I'll have to stay in until the swelling goes down. sad.gif
stratson
Have sat here all day waiting on delivery from DHL EXPRESS, you can track delivery progress, it said this morning, Out for delivery 8.48 then just now it said, out for Delivery , awating IOD, now I have no idea what that
means IOD. It,s now half past five>>>>>>>Why am I waiting?

Just a wasted day!!!

Heather, I hope the bleeding stops soon smile.gif
stuarty
naw the pole is to reach the crystal palace mast as my pole was to short but am still not getting all my programmes grrrrrrraww that money for so little to show but we did have a laugh him and i as a said you forgot your balaclava and a said is your horse outside he was a nice lad and shook my hand a said aww a thought you were gonny gie me some money back ph34r.gif laugh.gif
penny dainty
QUOTE (Heather @ 20th Nov 2008, 02:40pm) *
Penny sounds like you have had a bad storm there in Brisbane. My relations live in Goodna, is that anywhere near you????

Aye Heather not too far , it's over Ipswich way, they've been hit fairly bad as well with the storms I hear.
Heather
Well I finished off the aran sweater I was knitting. It's all sewn up ready to go off to America next week. smile.gif

I hope it fits my nephew.

Stratson, the bleeding has stopped but my face is badly swollen and I'm on pain killers.
I have to stay in as I might frighten the children with a face like this. They might think I'm a late comer out for my halloween. laugh.gif
penny dainty
Have you tried a wee ice pack on it Heather?
Heather
No Penny, I have not. Quite honestly I never thought about that, thanks for the tip. smile.gif
angel
Hi heather, reading your posts about your dental work, I,m thinking you might do well to see another dentist in future, a wee bot o the sweeney todd... i,m thinking.... unsure.gif
lindamac
wub.gif Neil & I are gonnae watch dvds in the aircon since it is close to 100 degrees roasting hoat ootside,so it is gonnae be a day in oor cool lounging claes in front of the aircon also Neil[he cooks on weekends] is making us homemade butternutsquash soup for tea tonight[his 2nd time ever cooking from a recipe] Iam looking forward to it since I didn;t get to eat his 1st masterpiece chicken ala'orange [I was pregnant & too sick at the time] Iam in fine fettle the day so will likely enjoy the soup it smells great throughout the hoose mmmmmmmm.

we are just making the most of our time alone before the staying guest & my kids come back from holidays tomorow,we have had a lovely time of being alone for a week [we haven't been alone since we sold our old hoose]alas all good things come to an end don't they? My daughter is moving back home for xmas so I suppose we best get used to the company again. rolleyes.gif
penny dainty
Got all my Christmas cards written and addressed, will have to get them in the post next week , well all the overseas ones anyway.
As Linda said in the previous post , it is a stinker here today, poor Mr. Dainty has sweat dripping off him as we speak .We are renovating the en suite and he is in there ripping out baths and toilets and things, just heard a few oaths being uttered , think he hit his head huh.gif Hmm , might just keep oota the way laugh.gif
Heather
Aye Penny, go shopping or hide out somewhere. Always best to stay out the way when the men are working. biggrin.gif

Mind and make him a cool drink, it will keep him sweet. smile.gif
joycewilson
Morning All brrrrrrrrrrrrrr Cold Here Today Glad Im going To Bed Soon Get A Good Snooze So Im Alive For My Wee Night The nIght xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
angel
I,m cleaning out the basement today Joyce, no more Saturday nights for me. smile.gif
penny dainty
Made a really nice fruit bread today , it's good toasted with butter, also made soup , savoury muffins , frittata and two different pasta dishes.Used a heap of fresh veggies.
Well it's hard coming in from work and having to cook something when your tired , so it's all done for the week.At least it's all good wholesome food and no packet or tinned stuff which I don't like using.
bilbo.s
Gaun tae the Forge at Parkheid- a long way fae Albunol. Went tae the Fort yesterday- rubbish for folk wae money an nae brains!
Anne1
hope your enjoying our lovely weather bilbo laugh.gif cool.gif
bilbo.s
Thank you Anne, but not really. Back on Wednesday though and hopefully consign the semit to the garage.

You seem to do a lot of gallivanting- in my day peoplle from Glasgow had never been to exotic spots like Airdrie & Falkirk. smile.gif
joycewilson
Hiya All....Off To Meet My Friend In Shawlands For A Pub Lunch xxxxx biggrin.gif
TAC1
Took ma dog to the vets for his weekly jab, then watched Mr Darling, there was nothing in it for me sad.gif
witshisname
went oot to do ma grocery shopping,and threw ma first snowball smile.gif
joycewilson
Hi All mad.gif getting myself ready for work just adding to a few forums first xxxxxxxxxx
Heather
Was at the UCM tonight. A wee cup of tea and a blether. Nothing exciting on tonight. Still it's good to have a laugh and a blether. smile.gif
stratson
Glad your getting out Heather, you must be feeling better. smile.gif

Went to Argyle St for some shopping, was busy as usual , everyone carrying lots of parcels.
Santa is going to be busy.. biggrin.gif
Heather
Thank you Stratson, the pain has eased off a lot, but I have to be careful when eating.

I have not started my Christmas shopping, and although I bought my Christmas cards a few weeks ago I have not written any yet. rolleyes.gif
stuarty
im at the hospital tomorrow for some tests to see if a can go on the E.A.S.E.TRIALS but am not doing it as there is no facts and figuires and am sorry but they can find a nother am frightened enough as it is aboot the transplant so them putting me out for 2 hours and might do nothin g they can run up my hump grrr sad.gif
lindamac
We Took oor wee dug Ashy tae the vet for his yearly Booster needle tae keep him healthy. did some shopping & spent forever & a day trying tae restore my lost visuals & access tae awe Photographic matter oan these boards ahm at a loss on how tae get it awe back,ah cannae see anyones avatar even???? tis weird,my boards page has chinged Ive lost all my shortcuts & ability tae quote & reply tae wunner witt the heck ahve done???? so today ahm Blue cause ah cannae find you or you or you! Boohoo!
stratson
Had to do some food shopping, then home and make dinner.
Got dishes and kitchen tidied and got on here for first time today. Going off to watch I'm A Celebrity" after which must write out my Xmas cards for overseas and mail tomorrow.
biggrin.gif
lindamac
ahm gaun oot tae the shoaps tae buy something nice fur ma wee hoose ,jist something a saw that took ma fancy so ahm hoping al get it & their not al sold oot,it's lovely wall candle holders with Candles woth 50 bucks gaun fur 20 so hope ah get 2. thereafter ahm affsky tae sit doon and get my nails manicured jist a wee day fur me today I like it! LOL
penny dainty
Off to the gym first thing , then off into town and did some Chrissie shopping , made a big hole in it , not much to get now.Should manage to avoid the shops in December altogether apart from food shoppng, I dont like the crowds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.