Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif not doing much today, going to ma wee neighbour for a cup of tea and a natter, she loves o be kept up wae aw ma familys comings and goings[nothing exciting she just loves a natter]
going to bingo this afternoon its called Free till Three only pay for link and jackpot and its a wee day out and I meet my friend for a chat when there, so thats me for the day nae excitement
stratson
Just relaxing with a cuppa. Zak and his Mum were here early. "My little Devil "costume on, just adorable. Have sent pic. to see if witsisname can upload it for me. Tried, unsuccessfully myself.Not a nice day, am staying indoors today, some stuff to catch up. Hope your lucky Anne1 at the Bingo. biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Aye lassies ahm jist aboot tae go put mah face oan fer the wee trick or teaters ( mah nice wan )lol,,,the weather is lovely up here oan the mountain so its gonny be a great nite,,, youz aw done oor there were there lots'a weans running aboot,,, ah'll save a wee bitty candy fer later so we cin huve a blether and a cuppa eh tongue.gif ,, see yi aw soon, Lass
glasgow lass
treaters,,, its this darn puter so it is,, tongue.gif
Heather
My two g'daughters and one of their friends came in tonight all dressed up. I took a couple of picture's of them with the Digital camera, but the picture's are very dark and not worth Posting. sad.gif

Their friends mum was driving them about and keeping her eye on them.

I'll have to get them to dress up the next time they come round, so I can get a decent picture. smile.gif
penny dainty
just been down to the washing line and got bitted by a flamin mossie , they are rife just now with the humid weather , I blister almost immediately when the bite, damn things, thatll teach me to think I can go out without spraying aerogaurd on first

mad.gif just been down to the washing line and got bitted by a flamin mossie , they are rife just now with the humid weather , I blister almost immediately when the bite, damn things, thatll teach me to think I can go out without spraying aerogaurd on first
lindamac
sad.gif awwwwee Penny doll jist rub a tate of vinegar oan it they hate the smell of it & the itch eases with vinegar. smile.gif
petalpeeps
A sit and wait till efter 1 in the early hours tae use the computer , swear blind hubby puts super glue on the seat before he sits doon unsure.gif
glasgow lass
Candy anyone,,ahm geein no askin tongue.gif
murn
no fur me GL, did ah jist say that?
Like every year I buy far too much and eat more than I give out.
wonder if any wan wants a wunderbar their wonderfull no wonder I ate them awe, noo a feel sick sad.gif
glasgow lass
ahm the same ,,, aha want somebiddy tae hide then oan me ,,, bit then ahm yi askin were's they sweeties tongue.gif
glasgow lass
Thats me aff tae sleep ,,, aha'll jist have one merr wee treat'n that it ,, cin somebiddy hide them,,, rolleyes.gif nite all see yiz in the morning afor work
keelie gal
Got my grandaughter today thankfully its dry and sunny so we are going to head off to the park for a long nice stroll biggrin.gif
RonD
We hud aboot nine weans that a' came at wance oan a hay wagon. Wan wee boy wiz the best, he wiz dressed up as a robot. Square aluminum foil box for teh body, erms made fae aluminum flexible pipe,. The body hud wee lights blinkin' oan and aff , it was great.
celtic-chic67
Well my day will be spent cleaning up after the weans trashed my hoose
last night at my daughters halloween/birthday party.
I don't mind,cos the weans all enjoyed it smile.gif but I'm no looking forward tae it ohmy.gif
glasgow lass
Aye ahm going oot the door soon,, its raining the noo, still its no snow eh,,, have a nice safe day all ,, Lass smile.gif
Heather
After doing the weekly shopping, I came home to a much needed cup of tea and decided to do as little as possible. Then decided to clear out a folder where we keep a lot of household documents/ bills etc. I shredded electricity, gas & telephone bills 2003 to 2006, then other old letters.

Among all the paper's I found a cheque from September 2006, too late to Bank it now. Luckily it was only for 6 and not 60. I think I'll write to the Company who issued it and ask them to re-issue, well 6 is 6. wink.gif
I also found 175 Euro's in Travellers Cheques, worth 122, from last year. I must have been having a senior moment when I put them away and forgot about them. They'll come in handy when I go to Poland next April, as I can get them changed into Zloty's. smile.gif

I checked it out, I'll get 640zloty's for those Travellers Cheques.
stuarty
thats a zoloty money you hit the jackpot H wink.gif wub.gif
Heather
Stuarty, it will probably cost half of that for a cup of tea. laugh.gif
maryhillgal
Going to Gartnavel today to get my eye checked out after cataract op. Early appointment so will have to be up sharp. Guess I'd better get tae bed.
stuarty
mellow.gif im calm] hope all is well for you maryhillgal I have every faith that you will be fine wub.gif
maryhillgal
Thanks Stuarty, it really has been a great success and I can see so much better. It is just a routine checkup. Hope they will do my right eye now.
Heather
Good luck MHG, I hope it all goes well for you. smile.gif

My husband had that Operation done on both eye's 3/4 yrs ago. One eye at a time, and his eyesight has been great since, and he has had no problems with it. He got his done in Stobhill Hospital.
betty2
You,ll be fine Mary rolleyes.gif

Today breakfast then hairdresser, then nails done back home for a light snack , then shower ,then the makeup an finally ma best clobber newly bought fur the occasion. After the ceremony dinner , and an imperatiff. Then homeward bound exhausted , but happy rolleyes.gif
murn
good luck Mary and huv a great time Betty

am shufflin off tae Buffalo see yees when am skint sad.gif
glasgow lass
have fun murn,,, spend spend spend;)

wink.gif
glasgow lass
Mary,,, ahm happy ferr yi hen nothin like good health eh, enjoy biggrin.gif
murn
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 2nd Nov 2007, 06:57 AM) *
have fun murn,,, spend spend spend;)

dae yee want tae play hookie and we'll pick yee up on the way tongue.gif
glasgow lass
murn ,,,,,, Aye next time hen,, ah'll need'tae save up furst , aha wiz there last week,, good luck at border eh,, long line ups,,
keelie gal
Good luck mary hope it all goes well for you biggrin.gif

Heather that was a good wee find eh its amazing what you find when you have a clear out eh wink.gif
maryhillgal
Thanks everyone for your good wishes. Hospital visit went great, if a bit long. Everything is fine and they will contact me in roughly six weeks to get the other eye done. Can't wait. It is great to see properly again. Glad it worked out well for your husband too Heather.

Marjy
Heather
MHG, that's good that your check up went well.

Did it get you out of doing the house work for a week, or have you a lot of catching up to do??????

My husband had a bit of luck when he got his check up, they gave him a date for the following week to get the other eye done. We were really surprised at that, as we thought he would have to wait a few months in between.
maryhillgal
That was really quick Heather. Maybe I might get a cancellation and have it done for Christmas. That would be great.
Heather
MHG, as long as you don't spend Christmas with a big patch over one eye. sad.gif

If so, you could wear a bobbly hat and put a patch over the other eye and kid on your a snowwoman. Oh don't forget the pipe. wink.gif
RonD
Ah'm away tae my highland games' meetin' don't know where ah'm goin' get the time tae help oot, but ah cannae help maself, ....love the cause!!!!
Java
Good on ye Ron....you keep the flag flyin....biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Me, well jist the gym ferr noo its very cauld at 7.35 wae frost oan the cors they say the sun'll be oot later,,,,nice. smile.gif
maryhillgal
Well, ah've got the grandweans coming the day so really looking forward tae that. Jist love them tae bits. Ah've no seen them for a couple of weeks as my wee grandson was loaded with the cold and his Mum wouldna bring them up because I only need to be in contact with a sniffle and I get a chest infection. I fair miss them when I don't see them.
penny dainty
Have fun wi the grandbairns MHG and glad your eye op went well.
I was at a farmers market this morning, got heaps of fresh fruit and veggies at a very good price, got a few succulents for the garden as well to put into an area Mr. Dainty has just pebbled, due to the drought.Got some nice cacti as well for a tub I have .Used to be a water feature , but too many mozzies , so filled it full of soil and put little white stones on top and some pretty cacti, looks good now, and no nasty mozzie bites for me. smile.gif
Elma
Went to a great Celtic Night tonight. The entertainment was fantastic, the Kimberley Pipe Band who sponsored the whole thing, the local Highland Dancers, groups and solo singers. Great fun. Was talking to a member of one of the groups, the Blarney Pilgrims, he is from Sydney Australia, his wife from Knightswood! He has been in Canada since 1967 (a good year Jakka and I both came that year laugh.gif ) Now I'm ready to go to bed, imbibed quite a bit!!! tongue.gif
keelie gal
Im making a big pot of homemade soup today and i tell you all that grating is like a wee mini work out Phew glad that bit is out the way biggrin.gif gonna leave it and have it tomorrow as i think soup always taste better the next day wink.gif
betty2
Today ah huv tae go fur ma euros fur ma trip tae Ireland tongue.gif Then get ma wee suitcase doon fae the loft an pack , dont need much as its a short trip

Today ah huv tae go fur ma euros fur ma trip tae Ireland tongue.gif Then get ma wee suitcase doon fae the loft an pack , dont need much as its a short trip
jakka13
Thought you wur goin' tae bed wummin ???.I'm off goodnight all .
Elma
How's the soup Keelie, can I have a wee bowl?
celtic-chic67
me tae keelie,I'm starving my wee belly thinks my throats been cut laugh.gif
have you any pudding for afters,I just love pudding,fav part of a meal laugh.gif
celtic-chic67
betty2, where about's are you going in Ireland ?any room in
your wee suitcase for me ? laugh.gif I've only ever been tae Dublin
and I love it,the people are so friendly,just like us glesga folk wink.gif
glasgow lass
AYE,,, chilly this morning ,,,time tae get the show oan the road,,,ahve goat a lot of energy the'smornin so aha think its going tae be a gret Monday,,Monday Monday La La La La laugh.gif
gardenqueen
I'm not working today, thank goodness. I've got workmen in replacing my bathroom suite, tiling etc. so am sort of stuck downstairs with intermittent water/electricity.

But I have managed, in between times, to get all my ironing done and I have a big beef and onion casserole in the oven, got some dumplings to stick in it before my husband comes home.

It is only lunch time now but I think I have done quite a bit, considering. Going to sit down and rest this afternoon, maybe with a good book.

GQ
RonD
Its recycling day, does it get any better? rolleyes.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif Ron d have you still got stuff left for recycling your always doing it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.