Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
stratson
G/lass, you,ll love it, It's great watching big shows on the big screen. Ye think yer at the theatre.

Am sittin, here ready ,to take a maddie, the two weans above are jumpin mad on the laminate floors, they should be in bed. Hate complainin; aboot weans, am usually very tolerant but they are out of control. Oh, to have a house instead of a flat, nobody to bother you.

The houses are not really for children, far to small, outside the noise am really quite fond of the weans. rolleyes.gif

Feels better getting that off my chest
glasgow lass
Your right stratson kids should be taught how to be considerate of others wink.gif
glasgow lass
Mt new TV has arrived its being set up and programed, where did the push to start and the push to stop button go Lol. anyway its really nice. Its a LG 70 stands for Life's Good a big 47inch on swivel stand.
With a name like that this TV was made for me laugh.gif laugh.gif
Heather
Lucky you Lass. I keep trying to talk my husband into buying a flat screen TV, but he says we don't need another one in our house as we have four TVs already. So I said we should throw the oldest one out. laugh.gif

Two of the TVs are portable one of them being a flat screen.

We have a digital box so can watch digital shows, but hubby does not know how to work the digital so I tell him it would be easier with it built in.

He does not even know how to switch on the PC as it is of no interest to him.

He put a DVD on one day and it would not work, so he said I would have to take it back. When I checked the DVD it worked no bother. It turned out he had put the DVD on upside down. laugh.gif
stuarty
been driving all 400 miles to surrey just me and my dog a dont know if a want to be here as a had a great time up hame nearly 6weeks in glasgow is the longest since i left ib 1978 a will be back laugh.gif laugh.gif
angel
did a little shopping this afternoon, bought myself a new winter jacket, ! quite pleased with it!

window shopped for a while, came home had supper and now I,ve just came back from my grandsons, ice hockey game , so thats me home for the night... the rain is comming down in buckets....... lost all my smilies on my pc,, need to find out what I,ve done wrong.
Elma
Glad you are home safely stuarty, now rest up tomorrow you've had a busy 6 weeks.
Heather
I did intend going into town today to start my Christmas shopping, but it is very cold and the wind would blow the head off you. So I stayed home and I'm doing some knitting and watching,' The Song of Bernadette'. smile.gif
angel
Have to take this puter to the puter hospital today, Tues,,, I think I darn near killed it..
RonD
Busy today delivering selection boxes but I will pull over for two minutes at 11 a.m.
stuarty
Waiting on the plumber to fix my boiler and a leak in my radiator it never rains but it pours grrrrrr laugh.gif
Heather
Going to the UCM tonight and we are having a Retreat. unsure.gif
Elma
As today is a stat. holiday almost everything is closed in town. I was at the Cenotaph service this morning then into our store for a warm-up cup of coffee as it was snowing. Our store is open of course, everyone wants a DVD on a cold day rolleyes.gif The bi-plane that flew over at 11 o'clock flew so low that he nearly clipped the top off some of the trees!!

I am now going to finish off the financial statements for our strata meeting tomorrow night.

Such excitement.......... huh.gif
stuarty
plumber arrived shut down boiler and fixed radiator leak,,,,,, but now only gas fire to heat all the house and no hot water,,,,, he said 2 days and a said you will fix it tomorrow as im a vunerable person,,,,, and all it is needed is a wee bit of wire why can these idiots not carry them with them,,,,,,,, no wonder they are the highest earners in the uk allegidly well am glad am not footing the bill its the councils property
penny dainty
Did a combat class at the gym this morning then did a bit of shopping before coming home and making some muffins and a steak pie.
joycewilson
Home From Nightshift Heading To Bed Soon mad.gif Take Care All xxxxxxxx
Anne1
sleep well joyce. today im going with my wee neighbour to the physio dept, she is suffering fromstiff neck so going to run her up[wee soul is 88 xmas] and wait for her, then maybe pop into shops with her rolleyes.gif
stratson
Had to go to Dr. this morning, have been unable to walk on right foot since rising Sunday morning,kinda walking tip toeing . Anyway e reckons I have torn a ligament. Gave me Difflam, to massage on foot.

No shopping for me for a while.(my favourite hobby now.) smile.gif

That,s a nice thing you do for your neighbour Anne1, wish you were my neighbour.

P.D. you are a wizard all the things you manage to do, mind you, I used to be like a Tornado.
How time changes everything.>>>Och well on the bright side I feel well and contented.
All the technology at our hands, we are very lucky. biggrin.gif
scoob77
well, i'm trying to get rid of a migraine that ive had for 2 days!!!!
stuarty
I reported the plumber today as i got a call saying wont be able to fix until tomorrow morning another day wasted grrr and he will get a piece of my mouth tomorrow am raging and foaming at the mooth with anger mad.gif mad.gif
joycewilson
Hi All......Hope Your Feeling Better Soon Stratson....Must Be Painful sad.gif Cold Here.....Got Up And Son Has Tore My Kitchen Apart. He Bought Paint And Flooring And Is Busy At It Just NOw...GOOD BOY Just Off To Get Ready For My Nightshift x
joycewilson
Awww Ann Thats Nice...Its Nice To be Nice. My Mum Is 85 She Is Good For Her Age And Gets Out And About...I Had A Brill Weekend Had A Few Good Nights Out In Rutherglen...Dont NOrmally Do Pubbing Here But It Was Good xxxxx
stuarty
QUOTE (joycewilson @ 12th Nov 2008, 07:03pm) *
Awww Ann Thats Nice...Its Nice To be Nice. My Mum Is 85 She Is Good For Her Age And Gets Out And About...I Had A Brill Weekend Had A Few Good Nights Out In Rutherglen...Dont NOrmally Do Pubbing Here But It Was Good xxxxx

joyce a used to drink in the tower bar that was in 1976 /78 and it had a bit of a reputation the bar staff used to do horrible things to one and other like shave a big strip of hair of if they got drunk or one eybrow etc but it was a laugh wub.gif as they took it in good fun
Heather
Stratson is it possible you strained you ligaments when you fell over????

Hope the foot gets better soon.

Scoob77, I suffered bad migraines for years and found the best thing to help was Askit Powders. I took one, then 20 minutes later took a second one.
But don't take them while your being sick or they'll just come up again.

I've not had a bad migraine since I retired, I must have been allergic to work. laugh.gif
stratson
Heather, I think you are right, mind you that happened almost two weeks ago, doesn,t seem to be any other explanation for it.

Feel so sorry for anyone having migraine, its a dreadful sickness.scoob, hope you feel better quickly.

Do you think Heather not having stress of work, running a home etc. is reason yours stopped.?

Joyce, that's marvellous having your Mum , for an 85 year old she is very active and going out shopping saturdays with you. You are very fortunate
.Hope tonight is a good one for you at work. smile.gif
stuarty
mammy 1 keep the weight aff that foot or else a will come stay way you for 6weeks oh stop cursin under your breath ha ha it would be the blind leading the blind stratson eh laugh.gif laugh.gif
joycewilson
Hi All....Stratson My Mums Brill For Her Age And I Feel Fortunate To Have Her To A Good Age...Im The Youngest Of Six....So Its Good To Have Her Here And Be So Close To Her...Spend Lots Of Time With Her...She Comes To Every Play My Sons In ( Even When She Has Seen It Before Lol) And Her Friends All Come Along Too We End Up In Sharkeys In Gorbals After The Citizens biggrin.gif .....Stuarty...I Prob Know You To See As I Drank In There Then Too...I Also Worked In Tower About 8 Years Ago Was A Dump But Handy And A Wage....... x
scoob77
im going to the council to get them to give me a new house to be closer to my son's new school, which he starts in january, but i know i'll get knowhere as i have been waiting since august!!!!
joycewilson
Good Luck Scooby.....Where You Wanting To Move To? Well Almost Work Time Again...Good To get To Work My Son Has Decided To Gut My Kitchen...New Flooring The Works.... Yippppeeeeee wink.gif
stratson
Seems like your sson is really handy around the house Joyce.
One more night and will be your time off. Saturday again, laugh.gif

stuarty, have not done a thing except surf the net, foot does feel a little better, the cream Dr. gave me is helping inflamation I think.

Hope you are now all fixed up with the plunbing, wish I could sat the same! laugh.gif

Having early night tonight>>>> Question Time !
stuarty
central heating got fixed at midday and he asked to use the loo a wanted to say comeback the morra laugh.gif went shopping tonight bought lots of nice stuff like natural sweeties from the natural sweetie makers oooooooo. a know there is no additives or colours and a got fish in butter sauce and a fish with cheese and potato and spinich pie then a pork and beef meatloaf with tomatoe sauce and a got grapes and some miniture bannanas called apple bannanas and milk and filo prawns and duck spring rolls bread and cheese oh and soap powder .so that was my shopping done but im just about to have a chicken curry with egg fried rice from the chinese take away .
Anne1
Well folks Im of to Airdrie to the Argos superstore to collect some xmas good I ordered as the one beside me didnt have them in stock and what a day ive picked the rain is bouncing af the windaes am gonnae get wet rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
joycewilson
Hiya All...Stuarty Hope Your Heatings Sorted Soon...........Stratson NOPE huh.gif My Son Aint Handy At All HELP....But He Is Giving It A Go Made A Good Bit Of MOney At SECC And Think This Is My Treat...TREAT!!!!!!!!! Him And His Friend Are In NOW Doing The Flooring AND I AM JUST FINISHED NIGHTSHIFT XXX

Have A Nice Day Ann xxxxxxxx
Heather
I just heard a few days ago that there is a Keep Fit class from 11-12 pm on a Friday in our Lady Hall, so I'm going to check it out as I need to get fit.

I'm getting too lazy in my old age. rolleyes.gif
angel
In the news here ,the last couple of days,, they are saying that those new energy efficient light bulbs are causing migraines and also skin problems, .....something to do with the ultra violet rays these bulbs produce, and we should not sit to close to them ,until they start doing tests that were never done in the first place... smile.gif
stuarty
Angel a belive that as i put them in my bedroom next to my leftside and that is where my headaches started looking back as i dont sleep upstairs at the moment my headaches have gone so out they shall come when i move back up when my room is finnished being decorated laugh.gif oops off topic slap my handies
Anne1
well after being at Airdrie today I ended up at Celtic Park[70yrs of age and 1st time ive been there ma da wid have been proud] was getting a couple of presents for my sons 40th birthday and you have to order early, had tried doing it on line and couldnt complete it so ended up there then we went to forge market then forge shopping centre came home shattered but happy with what I had managed to get done, so its Falkirk tomorrow and thats me finished all my xmas shopping. yippee laugh.gif laugh.gif
Heather
Anne you have nearly finished your Christmas Shopping!!! I have not even started. I'm waiting for a list from my son for the g'children. I always prefer to get them something they want, that way there is no disappointment.
I always mean to start early but never get around to it.

We have been using the Low Energy bulbs for a few years now and have no problems with them. We have them in every room except the sitting room ceiling light as the bulbs for that light are very small and the LEB are too big, but we have them in the table lamps.

So Anne, you made it to Parkhead?? next time we see you, you'll be wearing a Celtic Strip. laugh.gif laugh.gif
stuarty
QUOTE (Heather @ 14th Nov 2008, 10:22pm) *
Anne you have nearly finished your Christmas Shopping!!! I have not even started. I'm waiting for a list from my son for the g'children. I always prefer to get them something they want, that way there is no disappointment.
I always mean to start early but never get around to it.

We have been using the Low Energy bulbs for a few years now and have no problems with them. We have them in every room except the sitting room ceiling light as the bulbs for that light are very small and the LEB are too big, but we have them in the table lamps.

So Anne, you made it to Parkhead?? next time we see you, you'll be wearing a Celtic Strip. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Heather they make really small lights now that fit better and dont stick out the lampshade as much as the original low energy ones
angel
QUOTE (stuarty @ 14th Nov 2008, 05:36pm) *
Angel a belive that as i put them in my bedroom next to my leftside and that is where my headaches started looking back as i dont sleep upstairs at the moment my headaches have gone so out they shall come when i move back up when my room is finnished being decorated laugh.gif oops off topic slap my handies
...... hi Stuarty, some people I guess are more vulnerable than others , so I guess you just have to do that,which makes you more comfortable, cheers tongue.gif
stuarty
A SUPPOSE SO Angel did a tell you a had a great neice she was still born but called angel as her half sister choose the name wub.gif
penny dainty
got a wee bit more shopping done for Christmas, nearly there now.Went to the gym for a weigh in and I am doing just splendid , they want to put me in the next newsletter as inspiration to some of the other members , others.Yes Annewan ME!!Just as well they don't know about the cyber pub eh!!! laugh.gif
Anne1
well done Penny I wish it as me doll, I cant get started well I start then I fall by the wayside.
Well today Im of to Falkirk quite early a few more bits and pieces and thats me done for xmas pressies thank goodness got to get back in time for afternoon bingo luv ma bingo laugh.gif laugh.gif
stuarty
am staying home today as it is cold outside brrrrr wub.gif
angel
QUOTE (stuarty @ 15th Nov 2008, 12:06am) *
A SUPPOSE SO Angel did a tell you a had a great neice she was still born but called angel as her half sister choose the name wub.gif
.... that was nice Stuarty ,but also sad, life can be such a bitch. smile.gif
penny dainty
Was out with Lindamac last night for a lovely meal at a Greek seafood restaraunt, Had Atlantic salmon , very nice.
Stinking hot here today so not going to far, wanted to do a cook in for the week ahead , but maybe a bit too hot to slave over the stove today.
RonD
Hi All:

Whit a week, a funeral last weekend, rushin' aroon' with the Christmas stuff tae a' the shops. Found oot oan Thursday ma wife's 93 year old Aunt died so another funeral oan Saturday. Friday ma brother and his wife steyed ower, did the deliveries yesterday morn then the funeral. Ma wife's pal and her hubby droapped in fae their place, last night 3 hours a way and steyed ower. He's gone aff tae see his pals and Mrs. RonD and an' pal urr away tae the shoaps. Ah'm blissfully alone in the hoose dae'in' whatever takes ma fancy...or not!!
angel
have a nice Sunday Ron. tongue.gif
RonD
Thanks Angel. I'm sitting in front of the wood stove most of the afternoon and getting stuck in to that "or not" option.
penny dainty
A wise man indeed biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.