Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
joycewilson
Hi Everyone Hows It Going? Hope Your Set For A Good Weekend xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Everyone Hows It Going? Hope Your Set For A Good Weekend xxxxxxxxxx
stuarty
HELLO JOYCE WILSON

note Ogre my wubblewes r ok in capital letters and noo your aff topic and eating mars bars insteed laugh.gif laugh.gif
Lennox
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 24th Oct 2008, 04:04pm) *
will be hearing her dulcet tones on phone later laugh.gif

naw you won't ..... huh.gif Haw I remember that you used to be nice to me on Fridays, what happened

Don't worry Java , there be plenty of smiles when I get to Vegas!!!
Anne1
a never said a word
stuarty
QUOTE (Lennox @ 24th Oct 2008, 10:34pm) *
naw you won't ..... huh.gif Haw I remember that you used to be nice to me on Fridays, what happened

Don't worry Java , there be plenty of smiles when I get to Vegas!!!

can you fit me in your suitcase for vegas a feel lucky a could be your maSCOT and win mega dollars and the ogre will be trying to figure oot how to steal it aff us when we win on the 1arm bandits wink.gif
joycewilson
Going To My Bed Today was Nightshift last Night......have A Good Weekend All xxxxxxxxxx
Anne1
well of to my usual saturday afternoon bingo session a want tae win laugh.gif
stuarty
a was going to meet mammy1 but the weather put the kybosh on that wee day out a hat wind and rain as a canny breathe sad.gif
stratson
Today am doing only what's necessary. stuarty and I were going to do Rutherglen main St. shops, however I knew by forecast yesterday it just wasn't going to be. Too windy for starters. Had a long rest in bed to which will be returning after shower and dinner. T.V. is good Saturdays, Strictly, x factor etc. Love it. We are so lucky having all mod. cons. biggrin.gif
joycewilson
Hi All.....Good To Know I Dont Have To Go Out The Door For The Rest Of The Day....Stratson See You Were Gonna Head For Rutherglen Earlier...MHave Bumped Into You If You Had xxxxxxxxxxxxight
angel
hope all of you have a good day at whatever you are doing,,, for myself want be doing much of anything sad.gif
RonD
Loaded up the mini van to take Mrs RonD to her craft sale, then went to the hgihland games meeting. Having a little lunch then off to pick the crafter wink.gif then get ready for a Hallowe'en party tonight!.. I tell yah it's a full life! whew!
Heather
We had a lovely surprise this morning.
The postman deliverd a cylinder tube and I wonderd what it was and checked the postmark which said; Poste Vaticane, Elemosineria Apostolic.

It is a lovely parchment document 14 x 18 inches and is a Papal Blessing for our 50th Wedding Anniversary which our Parish Priest arraged for us.
It has both our names on it and the date of our wedding. It's very colourful with fancy print and also has a picture of Pope Benidict.
Maurice and I are thrilled to bits with it.

I was going into town to get a frame for it, but the rain was coming down in torrents, so will go another day.
penny dainty
Gee that was nice heather, mind you 50 years is no small feat these days.
We came home from the caravan sad.gif
Anne1
Having a nice peaceful day maybe a wee bit of knitting biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
stuarty
heather that must be so nice a blessing from the pope a bet no many people get that done a have never heard of it am pleased for you and maurice welldone wub.gif
Heather
Thank you Stuarty.

Usually the Papal Blessing is applied for when you get married. We spoke to the Priest about one when we were arranging our wedding and he was supposed to arrange it for us, but I think he forgot about it.

I think it's better known in Ireland.
stratson
Have had a busy day with family popping in and out.

Feels good all the dishes done and put away. smile.gif

Heather, am thrilled for you getting your special "Papal Blessing" for your Golden Wedding.
Have never known anyone getting one before.
Must ask my cousin in Ireland if she and Hubby got one on her 50th.
You look so young , (I know you were a young bride,)
you could easily pass for a woman in her mid fifties.
May you and Maurice celebrate your diamond! biggrin.gif
Anne1
Click to view attachmentHeather looking forward to seeing your blessing here is the one I was telling you about My Granny & Papas DiamondWedding 1950 it might not show up very well here cant get the right size up here
stuarty
hopfully Stratson and I are hitting rutherglen the morra fingers cross wub.gif
Isobel
Congratulations again Heather, Don't hear of many getting that now. I know a few friends who had the Papal Blessing when they were married.

Jim and I have just come in from a 70th birthday lunch. It was beautiful we went to one of the many winery's in this area. What a beautiful spread. It started at 2:30 and it was 6 by the time we left. Nice day meeting some old friends. Happy I dont have to cook tonight Jim and I are both feeling pretty stuffed.
Heather
Anne you should keep that Blessing in a frame. If it was my g'parents I would frame it and hang it up.

Thank you Isobel.

Stratson thank you for your kind remarks,yes I was in my teens when I got married.

Here's a cheeky story about it.

A couple of years ago a group of us were talking about how long we had been married and I said 47yrs. A woman said to me. " you must have been a teenager then" and I said " yes I was ". She said " oh were you pregnant ".
I told her, " no I was not,and if I had been I would not have been standing here today, my mum would have killed me ".

What a rude person she was.
joycewilson
Hiya All.....Cant Sleep Think My Body Is In Nightshift Mode Still,.......Hope Everyones Having A Good Weekend xxxxxxxxxxxx
lindamac
Aweeeee Stratson aHM haein a dinnae want xmas day tae pal ocht jist the way wurr feeling nae doubts............ocht ahm missing ma wee mammy tae it aint a great day for me today wish ah could sleep untill it passes oer . sad.gif hamesickness is realy people sickness jist missing everyone today.so witt ahm ah dain .....sigh absoloutly nowt in particular feel lazy & fed up & sorry fur massell annawe ma weans drive me nuts thought it was sposed tae get better when they were adults awe ah cin see ur adult issues bigger than they need tae be annawe! dry.gif
penny dainty
Work today , same as usual.Roll on the weekend Linda , what for dinner?Oops wrong topic laugh.gif
lindamac
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 27th Oct 2008, 07:25am) *
Work today , same as usual.Roll on the weekend Linda , what for dinner?Oops wrong topic

laugh.gif @ PD............yer getting T-Bone steaK N MASH ETC jist buy a wee cake in fur desert ah think mibees al gie ye a wee pkt of choccie Buttons hen if yer good. tongue.gif
Anne1
nothing special on just a visit to health centre for our flu jabs oh the excitement rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Heather
I hope if the weather stays dry today I can get more bulbs planted in the garden.

Other that gardening, I'm knitting a Aran sweater for my nephew in America.
The wool and pattern just came last Thursday and my sister expects me to have it knitted for the end of November, as our nephew Brendan and his girl friend are going over to visit her 1st December. rolleyes.gif
stratson
How wonderful Anne to have this document of your G/parents "Blessing" from 1950 on their "Diamond Wedding".

A family heirloom I should think. smile.gif

Well stuarty, the morras now here and am almost ready for you picking me up at 1p.m. Can't believe it's dry and not windy>>> Hope you are fit! laugh.gif

Hope your out planting your bulbs Heather, a good day for it!
angel
ahm jist daen wee bits a paintin here n there aroon the hoose the day smile.gif
stratson
Stuarty and I had a blast. Got lots of great bargains on our shopping expedition to Rutherglen. My, the cold wind when we came out the shop, it hit us both, fortunately there was a seat so stuarty was able to sit and gather herself together. Got back to the car and headed for Tescos for some bits and bobs, mainly to find a ladies room for moi! Is a very large store, we did well with our purchases. We then headed to Kings Park where stuarty is staying with her brother William, to have our tea. Thank you stuarty, it was delicious!!!
His home is magnificent, lovely Bungalow, I was impressed. Been a while since I've seen such good taste in decor and furnishings. Most importantly was made very welcome, Exactly my taste, were I to win the Lottery>>>Ah well, dream on stratson. laugh.gif I don't see stuarty returning to Surrey any time soon, she is loving it here.
Have not enjoyed myself and laughed so much in ages.
Thank you pet for a lovely afternoon. smile.gif

Trudy ,Woof, Woof.
stuarty
A was with Stratson aww day and my arms were sore with aww my bargains and Stratson carried the bags as a was oot of breath,,,,, and the tesco's in rutherglen is huge a couldny belive the size of it.
a wasnt sure here it was but a rough guessed it would be on the main drag and a was right and a got parked in the second disabled bay,,,,,,, see tesco,s must have known a as comin shoppin the day.
oh see that pound shop a could go mental in it buying Lydia wee games pencils and quirky things for grannys and lydias special drawer just for her and myself ,,,,,,,she always asks if there is anything new and a always put 1thing new in her special drawer so she will be missing me ,am no to sure when to go home annewan is comin for a bite to eat on thursday a bought trudy some hard tripe chews big mistake they stink like the sewers bolk and she loves them . laugh.gif great day am shattered noo.but its a nice shattered cause it was nice company and stratson was dancin in the isles of the pound shop cause the music was great we spent 2 hours in that wan shop.time flys when shopping eh ???????
Elma
Glad you both had such a great day shopping, sounds like you got some good bargains. Would love to have been with you!! smile.gif
RonD
Belated congratulations to Heather and hubby. We jist had oor 23rd and ah'm hopin' time aff fur good behaviour wink.gif

Stratson ,,Annewan, and Stuarty, sounds like ye hud a great day, this is the sort o' thing ye cin only blame oan GG. That wee shoppin's pree o' yours constitutes anither GG meet" biggrin.gif Giud oan yeez!
lindamac
I agree wi ye Ron that hustae be anither GG meet fur sure. I wish I had the time to have had a wee shopping day oot with yees lassies yees sound like professional shoppers if yees ask me & ah jist love pound shoaps big time! biggrin.gif Today ahm taking it easy as the weathers way too hot tae day much of anything ahve emtyed a couple merr boaxes this morning when it was cooler but had tae stoap the perspiration was blinding me thats ma story fur telling Neil anyways tongue.gif
joycewilson
Hiya All.........What A Small World It Is....You were In Rutherglen Then went To TESCOS...Thats Where I Work Nightshift...Nice To See You Had A Good Day xxxxxxxxx
angel
hi joyce good morning to you, tell me ,were is tescos in Rutherglen
is it at the mitchell arcade and is tescos open 24hrs tongue.gif
RonD
I have ma wee velvet dice (3" sq.)with St. Andrew's flag oan them hingin' fae my mirror that ah boat in Poundland in Argylle St. this summer.
joycewilson
Hi All....Yes Angel Its Open 24 Hours And Is Just Two Bus Stops From Main Street...Across The Road From Arnold Clarks...Just At Farmelon Rd....xxxxxxxxxxx
Heather
Going to the UCM Halloween Social tonight.

Fancy dress optional. Just as well, as I don't have any fancy dresses. laugh.gif
stratson
Went into town with my g/daughter and Zak, thought LIDL'S new store was opening, is Thursday so guess will be going back again. Woolworths were selling kids toys 3 for 2. ie. cheapest one free. So that's Zak's xmas taken care of, he was asleep in his pram so did not see any toys I bought.. Had a quick look in Primark, Tesco's Metro and home. Will not rock the cradle tonight. laugh.gif
glasgow lass
That sounds like a nice sort of a day stratson, I loved Premark that Anne wan told me about it, some great deals in there and lovely gifts for Christmas also.
lindamac
Ive got to go get my hair dyed & styled tonight,get some girl time with my daughter as she is coming with me too biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Well I should be at the gym by 8.30am rush an hr workout if a can, then get tae work for the day till about 5.30pm, have a great class tonight at the gym called 'step class' so I'll try to make that one as well a jist love step.Have a great day everybiddy, dont worry nippy ah've got you covered tongue.gif
stratson
Heading for the shops right after this. Get home a.s.a.p. as is bitter cold out there.
Gonna make a pot of stew loaded with veggies in my slow cooker. Have a nice savoy to steam also the mandatory spuds.
Warm food in this weather. Mind you, can eat salad anytime. smile.gif

G/Lass, good to see you going to the gym, will keep you a fit woman as you age.
Am sure your a bonnie lass. Enjoy yersel hen. laugh.gif

Lindamac, happy to see you and your daughter enjoying time together again, you must have missed her a lot.
stuarty
a went to the carboot at polmadie and got a wee pink jumper but a as frozen to the bone ,,,am just finnished ma dinner it was great mmmmmmmm laugh.gif see whats for dinner wink.gif
joycewilson
Evening All..Looks Like Its Been A Cold Day...Thats When Im Glad Of Nightshift Slept All Day Long zzzzzzzz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
RonD
Hi Joyce: Is that you up afore breakfast? biggrin.gif
penny dainty
Was up bright and early and walked to the gym, did a work out plus and walked homw again .Getting a new suite delivered today, bit of a bummer as they cant tell me if they will be in the a.m or p.m.So I have to stay in all day. sad.gif never mind , the sun is shining biggrin.gif
Anne1
well today we are meeting and lunching with stuarty looking forward to it laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.