Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Anne1
lennox get a painter in look whit happened when you tried to fix cupboards in kitchen the house nearly fell down laugh.gif laugh.gif
Melody
Thanks Ron, that's whit it is haggis season ah'm always kept busy then ye know. laugh.gif Ah like yer style, just let the day roll on. smile.gif How's that lovely wife of yours doing? Hope she's well.
Tori G
Got up late (had a lazy lyin) Started the washing, done the dishes, dusted, vaccuumed and mopped the floors, washed the windows, hung up the clothes on the line as per wash, in other words done a full day's work, well you could call it a major spring clean, and then relaxed, now its nearly time to go back to bed, laugh.gif
Roll on tomorrow were going for a ride on the bikes, (motor-bikes) to take in some sun, its going to be 33degC, yippee, about time.
Elma
Wow Tori, that was some day's work unsure.gif Think I'm going to go shopping in our nearest 'big' town which is 30K away. All the main stores are there, we only have boutiques and souvenir shops. Got to get started on my Christmas shopping although I did buy some things in Glasgow. smile.gif
Heather
I almost burnt down the house today, well not really.

I got my Hubby Ham Ribs (which he loves ) for his dinner tonight. I cooked them this morning as he likes them cold. So I decided to make soup with the ham stock. Put the soup on and forgot about it. I was curled up on the couch reading when it occured to me there was a terrible smell of burning. The pot was burned black and all the veg sticking to the bottom.

Then tonight I was over in the Supermarket. I had no pound coin for the trolley, so I asked a couple just going into their car if they had a pound coin. Walked the two/three steps back to get the trolley which I had left my nice warm wooly gloves on, the gloves had gone. I couldn't believe that someone pinched my gloves when the three of us were only a few steps away. I searched all round the area, but they were not there.

I finally get home and the house is still stinking with the smell of burnt veg and to make it worse, Hubby had fried onions to have with his Ham ribs. The house stinks, and made worse for me as I hate onions. sad.gif
angel
and a good day had by all rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
stuarty
QUOTE (annie laurie @ 18th Oct 2008, 06:22am) *
great News Stuarty,
Heather looks like a lovely Sweater, you have your work cut out for you i have none one of those Irish Sweater lots of concentration I enjoy knitting though,
Anne1 enjoy your New Bed you have earned it,
Stratson, I am sure you will be fine to-morrow good to have a wee moan noo and again,

OMG Forgot I am away off the subject
To-day I did my 4 hours Volunteering at our Church Thrift Shop,
Later my hubby and I went to visit the New Walt-Mart Store that open a few weeks ago, [westside] Elma
Elma it is hugh biggest Walt-Mart in B>C> Interior they say
Spent to much money as per usual but bought a few gifts as well for Christmas

Stuarty what a bargain for the curtain does Oxfan sell New things as well ?????????
Enjoy your extra week in Glasgow Stuarty cheers nite nite

Annie Laurie my curtains wwere still in the origanal packaging and stratson seen them today .

Stratson and I had a great time in the charity shops and A got a beautiful coloured maxi skirt ans a nice next top for my cruise Stratson treated me to them and then we went back to stratsons and ate and gabbed for hours a really enjoyed my day out and a could have stayed all night but the wee dog had to get her supper etc THANKS MAMMY 1 (Stratson)A always enjoy your company huggles
stratson
QUOTE (stuarty @ 18th Oct 2008, 10:01pm) *
Annie Laurie my curtains wwere still in the origanal packaging and stratson seen them today .

Stratson and I had a great time in the charity shops and A got a beautiful coloured maxi skirt ans a nice next top for my cruise Stratson treated me to them and then we went back to stratsons and ate and gabbed for hours a really enjoyed my day out and a could have stayed all night but the wee dog had to get her supper etc THANKS MAMMY 1 (Stratson)A always enjoy your company huggles

Stuarty, your curtains are beautiful, what a good deal you got.
Re. your maxi skirt and the top, they are top of the range designs real class.
Were I going on a cruise like you are, I would have jumped at them (am not a size 10 mind you,)
When I saw you today, have to be honest, didn't recognise the beautiful young woman, you are looking 100% better in every way. You seem to be a much more confident person too.Love the smile. biggrin.gif
So glad you are taking good care of yourself. Your company today was a tonic to me.
Have just finished watching my programmes on T.V. Just waiting on the results at 10.10.p.m. for X Factor.
Looking forward to our next meeting before you head south.
Hope Trudy was in good form when you got back, Woof, Woof. tongue.gif
Anne1
glad you and stuarty had a nice day stratson hoping to meet with her laugh.gif near end of week
Isobel
Hey Anne, waiting to hear how you like the new bed. We thought of buying one of them. However they are just so expensive, I am afraid to spend all that money and then what if I don't like it.

Meeting one of my friends and hubby for supper tonight.so need to get a move on and get myself changed. Hey guess what ,just had a call ,I was at the church bazar today and I have won a bottle. Maybe my luck is changing.
stuarty
laugh.gif laugh.gif Isobel a hope the bottle wwas full of somthing nice to drink
Isobel
Let you know tomorrow Stuarty that's when I pick it up.
annie laurie
Good For You Stuarty,
Sounds like you got lots sof good bargains,
[Did not mean to offend just asking ]
I have shopped myself at the Oxfam stores when i was home on my last visit,
You lucky Day
You wont want to go home, but glad you are enjoying your visit

You can take the lassie oot of Glesca, But you cant take Glesca oot of the Lassie RIGHT ??????????????????Take care
Heather
I think the gremlins are following me around.

As if Saturdays mishaps was not enough, this morning when going in for a shower, I went into the linen cupboard to get a bath towel. Well the door stuck, so I gave it a tug and was left with the door handle in my hand. laugh.gif
Fortunately we keep a small linen box in the bathroom with hand towels in it, so had to use one to dry myself off. sad.gif
lindamac
rolleyes.gif Did some unpacking,cooked mince mash n broccolli for dinner, got a wee hauf oor on PC tae discover that wee hauf oor turnt intae 3hrs due tae things gaun wrang & the slowness was iritating the life oota me ,theres summit up with this internet Iam thinking as I can only turn one page of a GG topic at a time rather than getting usage from shortcuts etc me isney happy vegiemite the noo sad.gif

what did make me cheer up a tate was helping Neil [by haudin the drill or the screws etc] tae put up our new hoose name,we got a Rennie Mackintosh brass oval shaped name plate to put on the outside wall at the entrance tae the hoose, it looks nice having wee rennie mackintosh roses on a brass plate saying Dunroamin Braes LOL & number 10 in the middle [naw no downing st hehehe] aye the wee hoose is taking shape with the wee personal touches here n there pals cheers the noo if I don't get back online it will be because the connection has something wrong wi it ocht well tata the noo pals of GG.
stuarty
Heather blame it on the moon laugh.gif ,

am going to see my ex sister in law cause a still have a great friendship with her as does my brother. A will see her tonight oh Trudy has a wee sore throat so a have been giving her soft food to try and make it better wub.gif
Heather
When out shopping this morning I caught my eye on the Andrew Johnston' CD, One Voice. I bought, it and he really is a lovely singer for a young boy.

Andrew came 3rd in the Britains Got Talent contest on TV and was signed up by Simon Cowell.
I thought he should have won it. laugh.gif
Heather
Seeing that the sun was shining today, I got myself warmly dressed to go out and plant spring flower bulbs in the garden. Just as I got the anorak and a pair of gardening gloves on, the rain comes chucking down. sad.gif
Anne1
we are stuck in a kinda limbo waiting to hear which day a funeral will take place, ex brother in laws wife died suddenly autopsy was yesterday, she was only 52
stratson
How sad Anne1. Ypu'll be glad when it's over.

Yer a brave lassie Heather workin' oot in the cauld, mind ye, a did it for years, aye, and the rain. No more! It was a bitter cold wind today, felt icy!
h
Had to go into town for a new VGA connection as was changing monitors to my Samsung lcd t.v. It's neat and slim, the old wan wis aw bulky.
Fingers crossed it will stay good for me, as I canny take aw the hassle. rolleyes.gif

See that Andrew Johnson Heather, am also buying his C.D. He wiz robbed! ohmy.gif
stuarty
thats sad Annewan ,my da was only 52 hen he passed

I went shopping and got nice fresh lamb chops and some quick fry steak and some face products in aldi's today A never got to see ona yesterday so a went today , does anybody want a wee yorkie that has just come into season the fox keeps coming to my brothers door with her cent I have got another 20day's to deal with this grrrrrrrrrrrr rolleyes.gif

[size="5"][/size]help
Heather
Stratson I did not get the bulbs planted, too wet today and I have a cold as it is.

Right now I'm upstairs hiding from the football, playing some tapes. I have on a Jim Reeves & Pasty Cline Greatest Hits.
penny dainty
Sorry to hear your news Anne, that's very sad, 52 is too young.
witshisname
Sorry to hear your sad news Anne1,My dad passed away at that age,way too young.
Gonna get maself bundled up and go oot fer a wee walk.
Heather
I wrapped up well today and went out to the garden for a half hour and planted some bulbs. Still a lot more to plant.
stratson
Heather, you did well getting some bulbs in today. It was quite nice this morning. Just lie back and enjoy your music>>>>Maybe a little glass of wine?>>Purrfect!

"Desperate Housewives" for me tonight. Going to have a coffee now. biggrin.gif
Heather
Stratson, the sun seems to be dodging me. It was cold and windy, but I wrapped up well, or so I thought, but I'm sniffling away here.

A hot toddy is on order tonight. smile.gif
lindamac
smile.gif Ahm gaun shopping thisafternoon since I saw a nice outfit for xmas that I want to get but I couldn't be bothered trying it on when I saw it the other day ,I was too sore so figured today I feel a little bitty better so will go try it on & buy if it looks ok on me.Also want to get last minute xmas gifts wilst out today too then thats me awe done untill january sales. rolleyes.gif
penny dainty
Linda ....mair clothes???
Well I'm off to the gym this morning, then off in the caravan tomorrow for the weekend.
Heather
Christmas gifts all bought Linda, cripes I haven't given Christmas a thought yet. wub.gif
angel
laugh.gif you buy all the clothes you like Linda, don,t listen to that Penny. laugh.gif
angel
there she goes there she goes peerie heals and pointed toes. tae her wee trailer, hiv a great weekend Penny amongst the bluebells. laugh.gif
lindamac
QUOTE (Heather @ 22nd Oct 2008, 11:04pm) *
Christmas gifts all bought Linda, cripes I haven't given Christmas a thought yet. wub.gif

Aye It is true pal,the shops here are fully kitted oot fur xmas noo well where I live it is,Heather it's the wann thing I like tae dae each year pal,every year around the january sales I buy as much gifts as I can plus buy the odd wee thingy if it is on sale throughout the year tae put away fur xmas then once October comes along ,I buy up the last odds n ends so I can relax through the months of November[Neils Birthday Nov] & December withoot a single worry.

I also always buy a few wee extra things in tae have some ready made Birthday gifts & cards for male & females tae, jist in case I forget or we have any wee additions tae oor gift lists, which we have got this year. my daughter heather has brought home the new love in her life & they have both told Neil & I that they are serious about each other enough to believe they will spend the rest of their lives with each other ,so it is just as well Neil & I liked the young fellow wasn't it hehehe laugh.gif
lindamac
biggrin.gif Have a fabulous weekend Penny shame ah furgoet tae gie yer Mr Dainty the 2 wee things ah brought back frae Scotland for ye int it ye couldve used them at the caravan this weekend..........Noo she is gonnae go mental trying tae figure oot witt it is ave got her that she can use at the caravan laugh.gif aye hen you have a loverly time amidst the blebells see ya fur dinner next saturday evening hen if we don't catch up on the phone 1st pal.cheers!
penny dainty
Ahm no away yet , so you can tell me Linda , just whisper I'll no tell anyone huh tell me , tell me! laugh.gif
Anne1
dont be nosey penny just wait and see laugh.gif
Anne1
what a yukky morning would like to be staying in but promised a would take my wee neighbour to health centre today shes getting new digital hearing aid. Will pop in and get some more baby wool for forthcoming baby [hurry up baby] laugh.gif
lindamac
well thats Neil & I gotta go oot & attend tae merr Bank & insurances business but we may also go have a late lunch or an early dinner oot if we feel like it.I also have to go to another branch of thaT SHOP i WAS GETTING MY XMAS OUTFIT FROM AS THEY SOLD IT & HAD TO ASK ANOTHER STORE TO KEEP ME ONE SO JUST AS WELL IT IS ON MY TRAVEL PATH TODAY OR i WOULDVE MADE HER GET IT COURIERED TO THEM FOR ME BLOOMIN CHEEKY TOADS SELLING MA OOTFIT tongue.gif ocht ahve taped the daft caps key ocht ahm urney chinging it noo ,ahm in a great mood and ahm urney shouting honest injun isney me laugh.gif
RonD
It's official!!!!!! Ah delivered ma first selection boxes yesterday....only two months tae go!!!!! Ah know ye needed tae hear that! tongue.gif
Java
Deck the wans that mention holly...tra laa laa laa laa....laugh.gif
Anne1
hope its lennox laugh.gif
Java
laugh.gif laugh.gif No enough smilies for that wan....
Anne1
will be hearing her dulcet tones on phone later laugh.gif
stratson
Am giving Xmas a miss this year. Don't feel like being festive. rolleyes.gif
Java
Aw don't say that Stratson...ah wanted ye tae be the fairy godmother in ma pantomime...huh.gif Ah'll let ye wear a big flouncy dress and everythin...ah'll even let ye put a spell oan Lennox...go on...ye canny resist that noo kin ye...laugh.gif
stuarty
Pantomime its always that on chit chat some days ,,,,,can a be idow twankey or wishy washy way the weather we ur havin am washed away anyhow a wont need to drive hame a will be gettin a boat at this rate laugh.gif
Java
QUOTE (stuarty @ 24th Oct 2008, 09:27pm) *
...can a be idow twankey ...

Aw, is yer wubbleyoo wonkey again hen....laugh.gif
stuarty
WIP IT WIS laugh.gif laugh.gif AM A WONKEY DONKEY
stratson
Thank ye kindly java, am fed up bein' a Fairy Godmother, noo, if ye wanted tae make me the Wicked auld Witch, wid gie it serious consideration. tongue.gif
Java
Ocht that's nae prob Stratson...we can yase the same costume and they'll no even see it comin'...laugh.gif

Jist tae keep me oan topic...guess whit ah saw the day?

Everythin' ah looked at...laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.