Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
stratson
Important thing Anne1 is all is well. I wold not be without my alarm as have no sense of smell.#
I am all the more careful because of this. However if my toaster happens to be at wrong setting it can set it off.

It does sound fnny though your mishap laugh.gif

Today am out of here while is dry. Going to have to get a new P.C. set up. Thank ful for laptop else I'd be out of touch with everyone.

Warming to know Penny Dainty and Lindamac are enjoying themselves together again.
Am sure you were having a good chinwag! Glad you are safely home Lindamac and Neil with your children near you. biggrin.gif
stuarty
Ron you can do it in britain cause witshisname told me what a had in my back garden and my old car parked in the disabled bay at the time spooky big brother stuff right enough eh and he was looking from canada that was 3 years ago unsure.gif
Anne1
Penny she will lead you astray ,at her party linda was drinking it out garden and Nev told her she get the wee Amerrato biscuits to go with it seems you dunk the biscuits in it whit a combination eh. laugh.gif
Isobel
Well like you Heather I had a bit of a mishap yesterday (By the way glad you are alright and it was nothing to serious) I was not so lucky. Went after Aqua to hang drapes for my daughter, Jim put the rods up, and while he was away over to the stores to pick up something for our lunch, I went up stairs to give the drapes a wee bit of an iron. Well on the way back down did I not trip over the drapes and landed at the bottom of the stairs. I was in agony I could not move, had to lay there till he go back. We had to go to the hospital, I went in with awful pain in my ankle I thought it was broken. Anyway to cut a long story short ended up having to stay overnight attached to all sorts of machines. Apparently my oxygen levels were dangerously low. If it's no one thing its another. Dam good job my sister is doing thanks giving I could not cope this weekend. I got home at six this morning and I am so sore all over. I don’t know if it was the awful silly trolley I was on or the fall.
Glad to hear about your husband Anne, that’s great news. Nice to hear that Linda and her hubby are back home and in their new house.
So today folks I am having a day of rest...beautiful sunny day here 22degrees.So going to hobble out to the garden with a wee glass of something and enjoy.
Heather
I took the two g'daughters ( 10 & 7 yrs old ) to see Mamma Mia at the Showcase in Bargeddie.
Although I enjoyed it, it's not a picture I would go back and see again. I know some who have been to see it 3/4 times.

We went to the showing at 11-45am but there are no Matinee price's like there was in my young days. It cost 5-25 each which made me add up what it cost for a day out at the cinema for the three of us.

Taxi 4-50, Cinema 15-75, two drinks 4-80, MacDonalds 7-36 ,taxi home 3-80:
A total of 36-21

Why is it a taxi going the same distance on the same day have different price's????

The bus to Bargeddie is only one an hour, that is why when going to the Showcase we have to get a taxi.
bilbo.s
You can do that for Scotland, at least the central belt with Microsoft Virtual Earth.. Go to www. maps.live.com
witshisname
Well i'm having thanksgiving dinner with my family today...gonna be 13 of us this year,So it's gonna be fun watching the fight over the two drumsticks biggrin.gif
The weather here at the moment is fantastic,ye would swear that it was summertime.

Glad tae here that Nev's keepin well Annewan,Don't do too much walking aroon Isobel..yer family can always fetch ye yer drink,just sit back and enjoy the day.
Congratulations on moving into yer new hoose lindamac look forward to seein some pics of you and miss penny lounging on the porch smile.gif
Anne1
well today I am going shopping with my daughter and g/daughter they are down from Ullapool for a couple of days and then maybe a wee afternoon at the bingo with them, they dont get to bingo unless when down here . Nev has declined our offer to come with us a wonder why laugh.gif laugh.gif
angel
We had thankgiving dinner with family and freinds at my sister,s house yesterday, a great day had by all, and the weather was perfect,
Hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving. tongue.gif tongue.gif
Heather
Well Anne if Neville is anything like Maurice he would rather cut the grass than go into town.
Did you really expect him to go into town with three women?????????? wub.gif

Maurice goes twice a year. Summer for holiday shopping. December, Christmas shopping.

Glad you had a nice time Angel. smile.gif
Isobel
Well yesterday we had Thanksgiving dinner at my sisters house. Sixteen of us, one family were unable to come had to go to the in-laws, (only fair) Great day fantastic food and because of my wee mishap the other day they were all running after me. Is'ent life just great. We sure do have lots to be thankful for. Weather played a great part in the day we were able to be in the garden all afternoon, just glorious.
Today another relaxing one and its still beautiful, just finished lunch turkey sandwich. gobble gobble .
Heather
At our party for our Golden Wedding we had gold coloured ballons with 50th anniversary on them, on each table. The g'daughters took a couple and there were still five of them in our utility room. So today I took the weights off them and set them free, they went flying off into the air. I wonder where they ended up. laugh.gif
Isobel
How romantic Heather.
Heather
Isobel I just hope they don't land in someone's garden with a bang and frighten the life out of them. These ballons are blown up with gas and are thicker than ordinary balloons.
RonD
Ah cleaned oot the garden shed this weekend and followed the fie year rule, ye know, if ah huvnae used it in five years ah don't need it. So a' the empty boaxes and bit pieces that cannae be recycled are off tae the the tip today. The things ye hud te tuv and never used again!!!!sigh.
Anne1
you sound so industrious Ron ave got plenty jobs needing done any offers[naw] well I am being extremely daft today in the fact im going out shopping with daughter & g/daughter again and this time they want to go to stirling or falkirk and ive only just recovered fae yesterday laugh.gif laugh.gif
Heather
Ah well Anne, all that galavanting around will keep you fit. smile.gif
stratson
Going to spend the day with g/daughter and Zak. Shopping of course then Lunch.

Hope the body moves in the morning. Somedays am like Speedy Gonzales then like others, have off days. Think is gonna be dry here. laugh.gif

See those poor sowls in Cumbria are getting heavy rain. sad.gif
Anne1
today I am doing absolutely zilch after last three hectic days with daughter & g/daughter who are of home back to Ullapool this morning laugh.gif
penny dainty
went to work , went to the gym , went to the vet, no for me you understand biggrin.gif
Anne1
you sure penn laugh.gif y
witshisname
I'm enjoying the lovely (warm) fall weather and and wondering how i can lose aww the weight i put om over the weekend,and the last few days. wub.gif
angel
tongue.gif today I am cleaning out the garage, a lot of garbage to get rid of. and also to make room for more garbage.. tongue.gif
stuarty
today my pal cut it sue took me up to Eastkilbride shopping centre and it was packed because that britain,s got talent the wans called signiture the 2 aisian dancers were there .But a was being hurrled aboot on my wheelchair and sue needs drivin wheelchair lessons as she must have bumped into aboot 10 people, and she left me in a mans shop starin at a wall talk aboot a laugh a wanted to do a little britain on her and say A DONT LIKE THAT.........,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,then a got out and was using it like a trolley in primark, a love that shop a got some nice new bits for ma holiday next year ,,,, and a went in oxfam and got 2pakets of brand new cream and gold curtains reduced from 30pounds a pair to 4.99 a pair so 60 pounds worth of curtains for 10pounds what a bargain AND A SHOULD BE CLEANING THIS HOOSE UP WELL DO THE CARPETS AS big brother is back the morra trudy dog is barking at everybody that passes the hoose cause she can see out the window she loves it here cause she can see everything she looks like wan of them wally dugs until she moves laugh.gif wub.gif
Heather
I've spent the last two days watching out for a Mail Van. My sister in America has sent me a parcel of wool and an Aran Pattern that my nephew wants me to knit for him. It was supposed to arrive yesterday but no sign of it yet.

I'm curious to see this pattern as my sister ordered it from Ireland and it's the clan pattern, for Curran, our own name. The knitting kit costs $99-95. to buy the sweater costs $230-00
Heather
I'm off into town today to meet my Aunt Barbara at 12-30 for a browse round the shops, a cup of tea and a blether. smile.gif
Anne1
Had a quiet day today took my wee neighbour down to Doctors for her flu jab and hearing aid batteries, then we sat and awaited the arrival of our new adjustable bed, you can put your feet up your feet down and same carryon for top of bed posistions well doctors kept saying I needed to sleep in more upright posistion because of fluid in lungs and at night pillows kept faling out of bed and then I would wake up stiff and sore all over, so a wee bit of luxury was the name of the game, so went ahead and lashed out, so heres hoping I will be able to do handstands wae nae pain laugh.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Oh Anne noo yoor imagination kin run wild(er) tongue.gif
glasgow lass
Me well I worked very hard today I cleaned all of the patio furniture from one side of the garden now its all stored away till next yr , took my big tent down aw that wiz a pest tae dae a wiz away up high on the ladders aboot twenty feet and a dont like hights>>>>help!!!! laugh.gif , but got the tent down and lived tae tell the tail, if am energetic I'll do the rest after. Am a no jist great. lol
joycewilson
I slept most of the day as I DO WORK NIGHTSHIFT sad.gif Spent some time cleaning then chilling on here... xxxxxxxx
stuarty
my oldest brother william came home today from a holiday and a said can a sty another week or so and he said yes then a went to se my poorly brother andy he gets out the morra get the fanefare oot thank heavens fur that ,,,,,ans am having a lye in the morra as am dog tired then a will see what a shall do next depending on the weather wink.gif wub.gif
stratson
Glad to hear Andy is getting home tomorrow stuarty, he will be more contented in the bosom of his family,also good you are getting another week in Glasgow, bet Trudy is a happy doggy>>Woof !
Woof! smile.gif

Anne1,( I mean Your Majesty,) that's some bed! Is it a double? Seriously, glad you got it, is important you sleep in upright position. Sweet Dreams.

Have footered about all day doing this and that, went out for an hour, my whole body and legs, were aching, felt my ankles were about to snap. Looking forward to my bed tonight.
Gosh, I sound like an old moaning Minnie. Will be brand new tomorrow. smile.gif
Elma
Good news about Andy, stuarty, and also that you will be staying for another week in Glasgow. I'm sure that will help Andy recover quicker having you there.

Have a good rest tonight, Stratson and You'll feel as good as new in the morning, can't keep a good woman down smile.gif
penny dainty
was up bright and early and walked to the gym, then met my Mum for coffee.Oh I did go to the gym as well by the way biggrin.gif
annie laurie
great News Stuarty,
Heather looks like a lovely Sweater, you have your work cut out for you i have none one of those Irish Sweater lots of concentration I enjoy knitting though,
Anne1 enjoy your New Bed you have earned it,
Stratson, I am sure you will be fine to-morrow good to have a wee moan noo and again,

OMG Forgot I am away off the subject
To-day I did my 4 hours Volunteering at our Church Thrift Shop,
Later my hubby and I went to visit the New Walt-Mart Store that open a few weeks ago, [westside] Elma
Elma it is hugh biggest Walt-Mart in B>C> Interior they say
Spent to much money as per usual but bought a few gifts as well for Christmas

Stuarty what a bargain for the curtain does Oxfan sell New things as well ?????????
Enjoy your extra week in Glasgow Stuarty cheers nite nite
Anne1
got to go and get three g/childrens birthday cards and presents all three in one week 12,11. 10, then have a coffee with friend then afternoon bingo, after that a nice quiet night in watching tv and doing a wee bit of knitting for new baby when it comes, sounds boring but enjoyable to me smile.gif smile.gif
bilbo.s
Daein' a "spring"clean coz ma wee sister & her man are comin' on Monday for a month. She's never flown since 1953 and she's extremely feart. We're havin' tae drive 200 miles to Murcia airport coz that wis the only direct flight fae Scotland but it'll be worth it to get her airlegs again.
Melody
I hope you have a lovely time with your family Bilbo.s. Enjoy. I'm sure she'll be fine once she's on board. smile.gif
bilbo.s
Thank you Melody. A wee bit worried though, as they are used to Benidorm type Spain and not "Real Spain". Also they don't have the same eating & drinking habits as us. They're not very adaptable I fear. Nevertheless we can only do our best to entertain them and at least it'll be a bit warmer than Airdrie! smile.gif
Melody
I'm sure they'll love it Bilbo.s. Sure it'll be great for them to experience the real Spain. One of my daughters has her university degree in Spanish and she loves everything about the real Spain. Myself, I've never been to Spain believe it or not. Everyone else in the world seems to have been to Spain. laugh.gif I will one day though.
stratson
Sounds like y'all are gonna be busy!

Nice to see you Melody, have missed you recently, hope all is well in your world. smile.gif

Bilbo, enjoy your sister's visit, am sure she will be alright, as Melody says, once she is aboard.
Have a happy time together.

Anne1, your day sounds terrific, T.V, is good Saturdays, Strictly Come Dancing and the X Factor for starters, not bad eh?

As for me, am meeting stuarty at 1 p.m. Be nice to see her again. We will endeavour to walk round my local shops(Great Charity ones in my area. )Hope we can last the pace , my walking at present is very slow , stuarty will have an aid for her walking. stuarty will park her car close by, We will come back here for a bite to eat. Hoping it stays dry! biggrin.gif
Anne1
have a nice lunch Stuarty Stratson laugh.gif
stratson
Thank you Annewan! biggrin.gif
Melody
Thank you Stratson, yes things are fine with me thank goodness. I hope your feeling a bit better yourself and thoroughly enjoy your day with Stuarty. See if you can find a few wee treasure in the charity shops. smile.gif Take care.

Oops sorry Hello Anne.
Anne1
Hi Melody nice to see you posting again hope lifes good laugh.gif
joycewilson
Afternoon All...Hope Your Weekend Is Going Good... xxxxxxxxxx
bilbo.s
Aye- no bad. The sun has jist come oot again efter a struggle- still 22 degs smile.gif

Jist had luncheon- a dod o breed & pate wi a cheeky wee boatle o Jumilla crianza n some plums n cheese fur efters. Feel a siesta comin oan.
Lennox
I think I am gonna be painting a bedroom the day , just what I want to do ! dry.gif unsure.gif
Melody
Bilbo.s your luncheon sounded lovely as does your weather. smile.gif Lennox best o luck pal with your paintin'. smile.gif
RonD
Lovely tae see ye Melody, have nae seen ye in awhile. Then again it's almost haggis season, that why! laugh.gif
Today is cool but sunny, ah've decided ah'll dae whit huz tae be done if ah feel like it. so let the day roll oan!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.