Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Anne1
she canny see green chesse that yin
Lennox
If she's buying I want a Black pudding, or I will greet

I am going to vist my wee neighbour who is in the hospital
Lennox
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 26th Sep 2008, 09:34am) *
she canny see green chesse that yin

Excuse Me!!! I am still here you know.. huh.gif
Anne1
shame about your wee neighbour doll but maybe for the best eh
Lennox
Don't know Anne, best for who ? they have lived there for over 45 years.. sad.gif
Java
First of all, ah never made any mention of buyin anythin...ah've a credit crunch oan ma hauns ye know...huh.gif

Secondly, we know yer still here...d'ye want us tae talk aboot ye behind yer back? That would jist be wrong...laugh.gif
Anne1
dont really know whats best for them its a shame
Lennox
Might be wrong, but has it stopped you before ? dry.gif

Credit crunch ? I thought you were using cash....
Anne1
it hasn't stopped us before just you keep interrupting
penny dainty
laugh.gif
stratson
Usual routine for me today. smile.gif Nice'n'Easy does it!

Annewan, please take note smile.gif
angel
looks like a change in the weather ,so I will be getting a washing done and cutting the grass and a tidy up outside today, before it rains. smile.gif
stuarty
the day is fantastic a was singing that wee song the sun is shining brightly but forgot the words so a made my own words up as a sang the sea is warm and blue ,,, I HAVE NOT GOT A CLUE due to daft seniour moments again ,,, oh getting aww excited even more oh my beating heart is in overload mode gettin to see some of the gger's and my hame again wub.gif
glasgow lass
Is that the Lovely Month Of May that you were singing stuarty, a like that one also, so ah'll jist sing along wae'yi pal>>>>La La La La Dee Dee Dee Dee smile.gif wub.gif
Elma
I'm home!!!!!!!!! Got in late last night and went to bed 24 hours after getting up, still a bit tired this morning but I'm here trying to catch up. Have a huge laundry to do, just a minute got to change some things into the dryer......... OK that's done. Where was I?
I had two great days this week on Tuesday with stratson and on Wednesday with Maryhillgal, lots of chat, lots of fun - and very good eats biggrin.gif I'm going to have to walk a lot to get rid of some of the pounds I've put on.
Had a great holiday, roll on the next one.
Today - well, it's back to the old usual dry.gif
tammy
Glad you had a great time Elma. smile.gif Today I'm doing laundry as usual and still searching for a dress to wear to my brother's wedding! You wouldn't think it woud be so hard to find a dress!!! rolleyes.gif Where have all the nice dress shops gone?
Heather
Elma glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday. It was nice meeting you.

Tammy it's the same here when it comes to finding a nice dress. They are few and far between.

But a few weeks ago I was in town and saw a nice dress. I went into the shop and tried it on, perfect fit, so I bought it.

The following week back in the town again, I see another nice dress. Went into the shop, tried it on, perfect fit, so I bought that one too.
A case of, strike while the irons hot. It may be a long time before I see another dress I like.
tammy
Oh Heather lucky you! You want to go shopping with me? Maybe you should buy a lotto ticket you seem to be on a lucky streak.
Heather
Tammy, I saw a couple of nice dreses in a shop in Buchanan Street last week. No I did not buy them. They were both black, a colour some would not wear to a wedding.
Your air fare would cost more than the dresses. But they looked really nice.

I'm afraid my luck in the lottery has run out, I haven't won a penny in months. The most I ever won was 46, but quite often won 10, now I can't even win that. sad.gif
tammy
HA!HA! Thanks Heather and I don't think I want to wear a black dress to my brother's wedding either.
glasgow lass
Hi tammy, Ive not bought a dress in a few yrs only coz am so hard to please and cant find the right one, speaking about black at a wedding I was at one not so long ago and the whole wedding party where in black ( bride in ivory ) all the girls in black dresses , I thought they looked out standing, I have several black dresses and I think one can be worn at all times so when Im stuck I jist pull one out add a wee belt of a scarf and good to go laugh.gif laugh.gif
Elma
Funny you should say that, I was in the Kibble in the Botanic Gardens a couple of weeks ago (boast..boast biggrin.gif ) and there was a wedding party there getting their photographs taken, the bridesmaids were all in black and the two wee flower girls were wearing cream with black sashes. They all looked lovely but it did look a bit funny. Incidentally, the men were all in kilts, now they did look good laugh.gif
Java
So glad to see you back home safely Elma....it was a real pleasure meeting you again. biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Hey Java while I remember that wee book you sent me is now floating aboot in Glesga laugh.gif tongue.gif
Anne1
Just spoken with Linda shes still a bit sore and bruised but is now able to laugh about the indignity of it all, she is in good spirit and she reckons she will need another holiday at home to recover.
Having a quiet day of to Bingo with my friend just luv ma Saturday afternoon bingo laugh.gif
angel
Juat a wee thought ..... many years ago we were at a friends wedding were the bride wore Mauve and the bridal pary wore a very light shade of green, they ,all of them looked so good .
Anne1
Trying to organise myself gong away to Newcastle way to Eldest Son & family for a few days hope the weather stays good for journey, meeting him first for a wee shopping spree in Metro Centre, need tae mind and take Nevs visa wae me dont want tae use mine laugh.gif laugh.gif
bilbo.s
Off to Castillo de Banos for a cheap menu del dia lunch- 8.50 euros 3 course including wine. no bad, ehN
stratson
That's great Annewan, have a nice time, glad Neville is up to it. Wiz a bit confused, thoat fur a min. ye needed Visa(Passport fur Newcastle1 Penny jist drapped, it's Nev's cash ter efter. laugh.gif

Bilbo, enjoy your lunch!

Usual kinda day for moi, walk, shop, hame! Oh, nearly forgot, cook Sunday dinner. biggrin.gif

Hope Lindamac your feeling better and you and Neil enjoy the remainder of your visit home.
Am sure you will be glad to get home and into your beautiful new home.Sad of course having to leave your Mammy and family.
bilbo.s
Muchas gracias, Stratson. Will advise you of menu later.
bilbo.s
My friend & I started with Garlic soup & my wife had paella. We all had a mixed salad and a whole turkey leg beautifully casseroled- fell off the bone- with chips.. lemon mousse for afters & coffee, 3 beers. All for 9 euros each(7). lovely meal but too much.
stuarty
am still packing slowley has onybody got a sixfoot high suitcase am taking enoughh stuff to dress the wole a glasgow last time a took all tops and hardly any bottoms as a was in a quandry noo a have everything am no gonny be wearing me old tatty purple jacket or cream trakkie suit so am trying me best rolleyes.gif oh trudy knows shes commin anaw cause a packed her wee polar bear and her wee lion so shes no sulking as she normally runs and faws oot way me a feel terrible when a used to leave her with my sons looking after her she used to draw me durty looks and thats the truth wub.gif
penny dainty
Walked home from work today and nearly melted , it was and still is in the high 30's phew!! cool.gif
Java
Walked home from work today and nearly shrunk...'tis hissing down. laugh.gif
maryhillgal
laugh.gif Luv yer patter Java laugh.gif
stratson
Aw jings! Help ma boab, P.D. and Java, poor wee sowls, , kin jist see the pair o' ye, whit misery rolleyes.gif

Noo, mibbee a hiv the best end o' the stick, in ma warm hoose, lookin' oot the windae at the rain. laugh.gif
penny dainty
Aye well ther's a lot to be said for that Stratson laugh.gif
Hey Java , thought the icing sugar washed off years ago rolleyes.gif
Java
Ye've loast me Dainty...explain it tae me wan syllabub at a time...laugh.gif
stratson
Staying at home today, making a large Chili con carne with rice, my g/g/son is coming back today for dinner as he knows what's cooking. Have ironing staring me in the face>>>>>perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

Don't you just get sick of housework? I do. Remember when I was a cleaning maniac. sad.gif

Love Loose Women on t.v. right now. laugh.gif
maryhillgal
The house will be there when you're no Stratson so just you take it easy. I am downloading
music at the moment and forgot all about Loose Women. I love that programme so I am away
to watch it now.
Elma
Am off to my bowling league this morning, they started a couple of weeks ago but this will be my first time on the lanes since April so I'm not expecting to do very well. Actually the bowling is secondary, we enjoy the company and the blethers, I have a lot to catch up on smile.gif
Isobel
Well good luck to you Elma, no doubt you will have plenty to talk about. I am staying home today ,Jim is putting new built in's in the laundry room. Great what we get excited about now. I cant wait to get them all organized. ha ha . rolleyes.gif
Lennox
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 29th Sep 2008, 11:36pm) *
Hey Java , thought the icing sugar washed off years ago rolleyes.gif

Penny sh'e to mean to melt ?
Java
You've loast me as well noo....huh.gif
Lennox
Well that was really easy , laugh.gif
penny dainty
Aye wasnt it Lennox , let's do it again, hee hee hee. laugh.gif wink.gif
stratson
Well, the sun is shining on Glasgow so am no gonny let it go tae waste, am gaun oot, who knows, mibbee spoil masel if somethin' catches ma eye. ohmy.gif

Aye, yer right Maryhillgal. The hoose will be here when am no.

Nae worries, got awe ma work done yesterday so am gonny enjoy masel. laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Oh yooz lot have a great day in sunny Glasgow smile.gif me well jist almost off tae work , its dull here and may be raining but the show will go on eh laugh.gif
Elma
I'm off to work in our store today, I'm pinch hitting for my son-in-law who is off doing firefighter stuff. I'll miss the clear blue sky and warm sun, oh well, ice cream sales will be up tongue.gif
Marion Niven Dougan
Lovely day here in the Sunny South. I will tidy up, then go to the GARDEN and read my book. wie ma wee Heather
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.