Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
penny dainty
Was off to the farmers market this morning bright and early , got my weeks worth of lovely fresh fruit and veg , very good prices too.
angel
good Sunday morning Anne are you sober after another night oot on the tiles. tongue.gif
RonD
Today is the Celebration of the Arts. Local artist open up their homes or studios and you get a chance to see what can do. Mrs. RonD loves to go on this tour and I know a lot of the artists from past occasions. We are finally having some decent weather so I hope it keeps up. I',m sure we'll come home with some new treasure. biggrin.gif
Anne1
am fightin fit angel have laugh.gif laugh.gif nae fears
stuarty
[quote name='penny dainty' date='21st Sep 2008, 03:05am' post='211912']
Was off to the farmers market this morning bright and early , got my weeks worth of lovely fresh fruit and veg , very good prices too.
[/quote am glad you can go to the farmers market is that way aww the pubs money penny dainty???? can a have some corn on the cob please fankewe laugh.gif
Isobel
Our farmers market will only be available for about four more weeks, Hate when that's it, feel like summer is over. Just love to go up the main street on a Saturday morning, get all the fresh veggies and see what else is going on, Have lunch in one of the wee cafe's and home.
Heather
Curled up on the couch reading another book. It's hard work all this reading.
The book is not all that great, reminds me of the Da Vinci Code and that bored me half way through although I did finish it, then gave it away.

This book is called; Sign of the Cross by Chris Kuzneski.

The other day the wee g'daughter asked what a bookworm was, hubby told her, " someone who looks like your gran, her nose is always in a book ". laugh.gif
Anne1
off to Gartnavel Hospital with Nev who will be in a couple of days wub.gif
angel
thinking of you Anne.. fingers crossed tongue.gif
Heather
Anne, I will light a candle for Neville that everything goes well for him.

Mind and lock the door at night. wink.gif
Isobel
Thinking of you both Anne.Hope all goes well.Keep us posted.
toerag
John's brother & wife arrived Friday from Glasgow, so today we took them to see "We will Rock You" in Toronto, then went to a wee Irish pub for dinner, (the one downstairs where we had our last Toronto meet!!) we all enjoyed our day, nice weather too, they said it was so nice to walk out without an umbrella!!!!
murn
Annewan I will be thinking of you today wub.gif
penny dainty
Banged my leg on a door at work today , you should see the bruise, it's HUGE , not happy mad.gif
Annewan , you know I'm thinking of you both.xx
stuarty
QUOTE (toerag @ 22nd Sep 2008, 02:34am) *
John's brother & wife arrived Friday from Glasgow, so today we took them to see "We will Rock You" in Toronto, then went to a wee Irish pub for dinner, (the one downstairs where we had our last Toronto meet!!) we all enjoyed our day, nice weather too, they said it was so nice to walk out without an umbrella!!!!

Toerag a went to see we will rock you in the dominion theatre and brian may was in a box seat and the show was fantastic never have a sang my head off what a night to remember thanks for bringing back the memory of my time a went ,,,,your a star

annewan big huggles to nev he is a great man and hes got a great wife but dont tell her a said that
stratson
Neville and Anne are in my heart and thoughts. My Ideal Man, so likeaable. smile.gif Anne's a Diamond.

My son broke the fifth metetasil on his right foot this afternoon. Went to Victoria Infirmary with him, he came out in crutches, they gave him painkillers, goes back 6th Oct. That's him out of action for a few weeks. It's very painful. So much for plans, have to get mobile and catch up.

Meeting Elma tomorrow, weather forecast is not bad, some sunshine. Makes for a good day out. biggrin.gif
tammy
delete?
tammy
Made a large pot of homemade vegetable soup, tastes quite nice. My youngest is a vegetarian so thought I'd make it, the rest of us can always do with more veggies in our diet too. Turning into a cool day today.

Stratson tell you son to keep off his foot, follow Dr.'s orders! wink.gif
stratson
Tammy, thanks for that, believe me he is following Dr's orders. smile.gif

I spent a lovely afternoon with Elma, we had lunch at the Tramway Hidden Gardens We then went to my garden. Had a walk round most of the plots(There are 60) wher we had a chat with a couple of my fellow gardener's. New Victoria Garden's are situated in Pollokshield where Elma's husband was brought up, and where they stayed for the first few years of their marraige . We took some photos of the building and of each other . Incidentally, Elma was looking "Fab", think she has enjoyed her holiday. biggrin.gif

Went to my son's house with some fruit and bits and bob's . He's coping with his disability and knows to follow Dr's orders, has to see hospital Dr Oct 6th. It's a clean break so should mend.
No plaster or anything on it, answer is not putting any pressure on his foot. Have a shopping list for tomorrow, so that will keep me busy.
Isobel
Glad you enjoyed your day in Toronto Toerag. Also very happy the weather is so good right now, and it looks like it 's going to last for a while so your friends are lucky. Hope they enjoy the rest of their stay. Elma seems to be having a good time. I hope you are taking lots of Pictures Elma.
Heather
I have an 11'0'clock appointment to get my hair trimmed.

I will have to keep alert with the Hairdresser, because when you ask for a trim you can end up scalped. ohmy.gif
Isobel
Well guys just in from the pool and got a message on my machine from the bank. My debit card is amongst many that have been copied and I have to go to the bank this morning to get a new card and activate my account again. I just about dyed when I spoke to the fellow. First time its happened to me.Seems like its some big investigation going on.They picked the wrong card wont get much in my account, ha ha biggrin.gif
Heather
OMG Isobel, I hope you find everything OK.

No matter how much or how little any of us have in the Bank it is our's, and no one has the right to help themselves to it.
Catherine
The same thing happened to me a few years ago Isobel, and in the SAME SCAM would you believe also my sister in law and my pals sister in law.......all three of us totally unconnected in where we got ripped off.

Two thousand they withdrew from my account, by putting in the empty deposit envelope and taking out the amount straight after in one transaction.
First I knew of it was my Debit card wouldn't work, and when told to go into the Bank to renew it I was asked if I'd made the Deposit ......in Montreal !

They get you even when you think you're being careful.
In my case, it was in a Petrol Station coming down from the Cottage, a hidden camera above the Debit machine, or the clerk swiping the card twice......either way that's how they did it.
They caught them eventually.
angel
A number of years ago , I received a call from Visa asking us to check or visa cards, of course we had no idea that anything was wrong, however it was..... ,my husband could not find his card, turned out that he had lost it while at the hospital,.... then Panic.....the persons who had found it made purchases amounting to $11 hundred dollars and the first item was baby diapers and then they painted the town red, but thank goodness we were not held responible fot that amount . smile.gif
penny dainty
jings how awful, you were lucky you were not held responsible Angel.I dont use my credit card much and I try to avoid cash machines as much as possible.I take money out when I do the shopping.

Stratson , glad you had a nice day with Elma and I hope the "sore foot", gets better soon, tell him to stay off it.It's good it was a nice clean break , if your gonna do it then that's the best way.

Well I was up bright and early today and walked up the road to the gym , did my workout and walked home again, feeling so fit I could be dangerous biggrin.gif
Anne1
having a lazy day nae Doctors Nurses or Hospitals such is ma busy social life laugh.gif laugh.gif
bilbo.s
Just waiting for the sun to come out-oops, there it is! Had our first rain since May this week.
Heather
Anne, did Neville get home from the Hospital???

I went to the Supermarket this morning and although it's a ten minute walk from the house, it took me over an hour to get there. I kept meeting people I knew and stopping for a chat. laugh.gif

Well the sun has now come out, so I might go out and do a bit of gardening. Grass and weeds don't stop growing. biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Auch see am jist catchin up here, wont enjoy ma coffee till a tell murn CONGRATULATIONS! on the birth of the new wee wan a know your going tae be a wonderful aunty, kin jist see you teaching the wean lots of nice things tongue.gif so again congrats to all of you guys . Noo ah'll have ma coffee. laugh.gif
Isobel
Another beautiful day here, best make the most of it. Meeting the aqua group for lunch at the local pub. One of the Girls is turning 60.
Went to the bank yesterday, they said my card had been compromised, I said what do you mean is there anything out of my account. NO, Thank god. It's an on going investigation? Apparently my card had been copied and so had many others. This could have taken place sometime ago and perhaps in a raid or something my card had been found. This is what these people do they copy your card then sell it. Anyway I could not find out where this had happened but I am thinking myself it may have been Dixie Mall. Not the best place but lots of bargains. I will take cash next trip.
stratson
Glad your having a rest Anne1, do you and Neville the world of good.

P.D. remember that feeling returning from gym>>>if only!!!

Elma will well on her way now, she left Glasgow 8a.m. Safe home Elma.

This is me just about ready to go out, get's later by the day. When I return from shops will be going to my son's house where I will cook dinner. Have to get him some fruit.
This is my social life, not complaining, am a happy person. As long as all is well with those I care for.(Even the wans a don't) laugh.gif
maryhillgal
Hi Stratson,

Glad you had a lovely time with Elma. She told me all about it. Yesterday I took her to the Duck
Bay Marina for lunch and she loved it. Pity the sun wouldn't come out but we had a great old natter and she is a really lovely person. It was the first time I had met her. We then went to Luss and Loch Lomond Shores and she enjoyed that too. She will be winging her way home right now so I hope she has a good flight and is not too jet-lagged when she gets home.
Anne1
so much for quiet day forgot i had promised to take ma wee neighbour to hearing aid clinic so mad scramble to get organized in time but all done now so back tae easy does it laugh.gif laugh.gif
Catherine
Ahm paintin....Don't ASK......Don't GO THERR......Jist LEAVE ME ALONE......... laugh.gif

Why dae ah DAE this? Jist tell me WHY!! laugh.gif
glasgow lass
when your done come and paint for me cathy tongue.gif
Gemini
right now I am doing laundry then into the packing as i leave tomorrow for North Virginia, normaly when I plan to go away my packing us done well in advance but this time got a wee bit behind. Was out very early this morning taking stuff down to the yard waste, I had lopped my trees and wanted to get them down there before the rains come, so what am I going to do after laundry is finished NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING. laugh.gif
stratson
Sounds like you gave Elma a lovely day MHG. She did say she was seeing you.
She will have some lovely memories to take home with her. smile.gif
witshisname
with the weather being so nice,i went for a wee walk around the neighbourhood...stupid me went out with a coat on didnae realize that it was 25 degrees outside.
Only good thing is,I think i sweated off a few pounds laugh.gif biggrin.gif
wee mags
we are going out to the Hungarian Church for dinner ,they have dinners every so often
Marion Niven Dougan
Ahmmm slavin uwer the cooker making a Lamb Chop Casserole with carrots onions,,Potatoes and mashed turnip on the side. Wee choc. eclairs fur wur sweet mm mm good
stratson
Sounds delicious Marion. tongue.gif
maryhillgal
Did ye get Hungarian Goulash Mags? Sorry I didn't manage to come and see you when I was
in the US of A. Staying with relatives and couldn't move without them. Took us to Cape May which is in the southern tip of New Jersey and then across the Delaware River on the ferry to a place called Rehoboth Beach. Very nice but we only got away for 4 days so we felt a bit restricted and didn't get to New England as we had hoped. Maybe next time! Spent most of the time at Costco and Aldi's - it drove me mad as I see enough of supermarkets at home.

Went to a restaurant called "Outback" [apparently it's an Australian chain of restaurants] and got a dish called a "Bloomin' Onion". God it was fantastic. It was a huge onion, opened up like a flower and dipped in batter then deep fried. I am salivating thinking about it. They served it with
various dips and one of them did 4 of us as a starter. I also bought a Ricer so as I could make
my own hash browns as I absolutely love them, especially out of Denny's or IHOP [that's International House of Pancakes for all you non-Yanks]!!
wee mags
sorry you did not make it ,maybe next time ,we go to outback with the kids .I get Alice Springe Cicken ,MMMMMMMMMMMMMM,the kids like the blooming oinion,Dennys make a great breakfast eh?
stuarty
oh that onion sounds great and the chicken a have been here there and everywhere as a need stuff for my trip hame oh and a need to go shoppin again the morra small problems eh wub.gif
betty2
Going to have a whale of a time with friends rolleyes.gif
Anne1
not to long now stuarty till your back in glasgow eh laugh.gif
Java
Have a good time at yer swally Betty...biggrin.gif

Mornin' Anne...nice sunshine here the day...have ye any factor 15? laugh.gif
Anne1
nae factor 15 can a get you anythin else maybe a fish supper
Java
Oh make it a puddin and ye've got yersel a deal...laugh.gif Don't tell Lennox tho, she'll greet laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.