Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Isobel
Ron you could have popped in to see us. I will pm my address.

Today was a busy one ,had an eye appointment. Having my surgery in November , no date set as yet.
Hope the lunch date went well for all the gg pals in Glasgow
RonD
Thanks Isobel, I'll keep that in mind next time.
mamie
I;m having a nice lazy day. I was going into the shops in Argyle St, but the weather put me off. Anyway I enjoyed all the company at the big meet yesterday. So again to eveyone thanks for making us feel so welcome. Later tonight We will be going for a wee dance and a game of bingo at our local club. Cheers!!!!! so enjoy the rest of the day, whatever you are all doing.
Anne1
I am of shopping and a wee game of bingo then a wee nap the its party time again[wish a wis 20yrs younger]
stratson
Had a good rest today before popping out to shops for bits and bobs.

I envy you Annewan your energy, doing all that before "The Big Night". Hope you win at the bingo. biggrin.gif

Will relax tonight watching T.V. with my feet up.
Isobel
Not to great a day here, no doubt the remnants of that IKE.So just decided to start putting the summer gear into the closets in the basement. Brought up the winter boots and jackets and coats. Ok I know it’s a bit early. Just watch us getting an Indian summer. Anyway if that should happen I will be happy to bring a couple of shorts back up. So I’m ready, ha ha
petalpeeps
Linda has asked me to post a warm hello to everyone on gg boards . Would have done this sooner , had hubby got off the computer . laugh.gif Linda and Neil are enjoying their holiday . Coming to ours soon for afternoon tea , and to meet my lovely hubby , and children. wub.gif
stratson
Today I'd like to say am doing this or that, however, never know from day to day how my body is going to react. Sooner I get op. the better, and start feeling in control of my life.
Some poor souls are housebound, must be terrible for them. That's when I realise how lucky I am. smile.gif
Isobel
Petalpeeps hi to Linda ,Glad they are having a good time. Wish I was there with all of you . Stratson hang in there before you know it you will be having that op and it will be upwards and onwards from then on.
Anne1
Spent ages trying to get on here today wae nae luck but thankfully alls well now, just been speaking with Glasgow Lass and she sends her love to all I am meeting her and her sister tomorrow for lunch, looking forward to it cant believe its a year ago since she was here, will keep you up to date laugh.gif
penny dainty
Think there was something wrong with the server Anne , I couldnt get on either.
Anne1
it was of most of the day penny smile.gif
penny dainty
Never mind , it's all back to normal now.
Got a bit of housework to do today seein I was away 4 days, back to work tomorrow.
murn
uff yees were all banned, somewan talked on my behalf and got me back on, tks PD wub.gif

Jist as well it was off I had too much work to day, still do so I'll say good night Eileen wink.gif
mamie
Anne you are right I thought I had done something wrong, but there yoyu go It was'nt me , it was something to do with the server. ( we learn someth rolleyes.gif ing new every day)
stratson
Looks like a day in the house for me.! rolleyes.gif

Have a nice meet Anne1 with Lass and sister. Enjoy your lunch folks.1

Martin on G,G, news topic, apologised and explained the host server was doing work on G.G.
yesterday. smile.gif
mamie
I think I will have to get out today, hail rain or snow! I have to buy birthday presents for my 2 daughters so Argyle St, here I come....... smile.gif
angel
up Sauchie ,doon buckie and alang argyle st, happy shopping Mamie. tongue.gif
penny dainty
Wouldnt mind that wee trip either ladies, especially on the run up to Christmas .All dark and cold , drizzly or sleet falling outside and the bussle of the shoppers and the windows aglow with fairylights and snow scenes, santa and stockings.Oh the very thought brings a wee tear to my eye.Its been a very long time since I was in Glasgow at Christmas.
Anne1
well its back to Gartnavel for us today to see Nevs speciialist then we have a wee social evening in our wee hall, then hopefully a nice early night laugh.gif
stratson
In much the same frame of mind as Mamie, stuck at home yesterday so watch out for me in Argyle Street Mamie. laugh.gif
mamie
sorry I missed you Stratson, what shops did you go in to? I was in t j hughs and Marks /s. P/dainty I saw people buying christmas presents, I'm never that well organised
Heather
Well Mamie while you and Strastson were gallivanting about the town, I had a hard day doing the ironing. When that was finished, I had to read a book one of my friends gave me, it was a hard days work indeed. laugh.gif
mamie
Later on today, I was in the company of my family. As I have already said two of my daughters birthdays are on the 12 and 17th of Sep. Well we all gatherd tonight, and had a lovely time with the family, and with all the grandchildren. It is one of my favorite pastimes. biggrin.gif
stratson
Mamie, I didn't make Argyle Street, my g/ daughter was en route to me as I left the house, it was a pleasant surprise as I got to do like you, have time with my g/kids. Zak fills my heart with joy, we went into the park and he loves being pushed on the swings. Hadn't seen them in four weeks, amazing how Zak has grown, running around, counts , climbed the stairs(I live 1 up) by himself.
My g/daughter is taking me out tomorrow, praying it stays dry.

Heather, my heart bleeds for you, I mean, having to read a book rolleyes.gif

Anne1, hope all went well at Gartnavel for Neville..( Are you elevating your feet for an hour?)
mamie
Yes Ann! I hope it is all good news, you are both such a friendly couple, God Bless you both.
Isobel
I picked up that book The holy City from my mail box. Elma had sent it to me. Well I got my nose into that and not much else was done.
murn
got that at home, let me know if it is any good, although a don't know how many books ave started lately and only read the first few pages. Supposed to have been working today but way layed, a know its ma ain fault big mouth me unsure.gif So now I will huv tae catch up sad.gif
Anne1
also having a quiet day , murn any sign of nieces baby yet. Stratson Monday will tell for Nev doing exploraty again will keep you up to date, thanks mamie laugh.gif
murn
baby is here, ive ordered pictures, will tell you all info later wink.gif

hope Nev is doing ok wub.gif

still plodding away at work here (sad smilie) only allowed 2 (sticky out tongue smilie)
Isobel
So how did Nev make out ,hope all is well.Murn ,good news on Baby. I have just come in from the pool go almost everyday to the aqua fit, great bunch.Feeling good and ready to do anything. Tonight group of us going to the races, wish me luck.
murn
everything is jist fine Isobel, I am waiting on pictures being sent, both Mum and Baby fine now but it was not an easy birth, ended up C-section sad.gif
Got my gym tonight, will pump some iron wink.gif
Anne1
Nevs got exploratory Monday Isobel will find out then, come on smile.gif Murn get the beautifull baby on here
stuarty
Good heavens babies visits hospitals a just read this as a havent caught up with all the topic's ,

I went to tescos today and bought 3 cards as 2of them are for my twin's birthdays tomorrow and am such a numpty a forgot to get the envelopes so a made 2 up for the boys cards but a will need to go back the morra and get the envelope ,,,,duh what am a like eh rolleyes.gif ,

oh a bought a kingsize creame bed spread for 15 pounds instead of 30 so am well chuffed and a bought LOTS and lots of stickers for Lydia and am not normally biscut mad but a bought tunnocks teacakes big pack twix and a bought tescos value snowballs again very nice they are indeed oh and a bought 3 frozen chicken breast with butter joints reduced from 6 to the price of 1.50 what a bargain eh must have timed it just correct for bargains the day and thats ma day done wub.gif .oh annewan a hope all goes well for nev on monday and murn canny wait to see the baby .
stratson
Will be rootin' for Neville on Monday Anne1. smile.gif

Hope your niece is recovering well after her C section, is the baby a boy or girl?
You must be fit pumping iron Murn.

Isobel, I did the aquarobics for 3 years, loved it, so exhilerating. Hoping to return soon to my Leisure Centre. Your ready for anything after the pool. is also such fun in time to the music.
Seeing Elma on Tuesday, talked yesterday evening.
We didn't make the allotment today, was far too wet. We did local shopping, Jordan came to my house directly from school, to join his Mum and brother Zak for tea. just love having them around me, Zak keeps us all going with all the new words and actions he is discovering. Sheer joy. laugh.gif

Just saw you on there stuarty, can just picture you in Tesco's, bet they love seeing you come in the door. You are lucky with the bargains. I s the new bedspread for your newly decorated room. Cream is lovely. Go easy on the snowballs!
Oh yes, almost forgot, Richard wonders if that long journey will make Trudy sick. Do you have a cage for her? Am sure you'll have had her before in the car and know her capabilities.
penny dainty
Anne , when you say exploratry , do you mean surgery? hope all is well regardless.
Had a busy , busy day at work today , so glad it's the weekend.Might even open a bottle of red tonight with dinner, plus I have to wet the heads of Meghann and new baby Murns neice. Aye ah know , any excuse, but two very good ones if you ask me. biggrin.gif
stuarty
QUOTE (stratson @ 18th Sep 2008, 07:56pm) *
Will be rootin' for Neville on Monday Anne1. smile.gif

Hope your niece is recovering well after her C section, is the baby a boy or girl?
You must be fit pumping iron Murn.

Isobel, I did the aquarobics for 3 years, loved it, so exhilerating. Hoping to return soon to my Leisure Centre. Your ready for anything after the pool. is also such fun in time to the music.
Seeing Elma on Tuesday, talked yesterday evening.
We didn't make the allotment today, was far too wet. We did local shopping, Jordan came to my house directly from school, to join his Mum and brother Zak for tea. just love having them around me, Zak keeps us all going with all the new words and actions he is discovering. Sheer joy. laugh.gif

Just saw you on there stuarty, can just picture you in Tesco's, bet they love seeing you come in the door. You are lucky with the bargains. I s the new bedspread for your newly decorated room. Cream is lovely. Go easy on the snowballs!
Oh yes, almost forgot, Richard wonders if that long journey will make Trudy sick. Do you have a cage for her? Am sure you'll have had her before in the car and know her capabilities.

Stratson ,,trudy has done the trip a few times as the boys have been up hame with me so doggy had to ncome ,she somtimes sits on the back shelf like a wee nodding dug or she sleeps on the front seat and noo and again looks out the window to watch the traffic so she is a seasoned traveller
stratson
That's great stuarty, so we can look forward to a few wee "Woof, Woofs." laugh.gif

Today am so tired, maybe is the overcast days we have.

Zak's paternal G/G/mum had a stroke, they say she is in a vegative state and is on a life support machine. They were turning off the machine but doctors have decided to keep her on it. Am so glad as you just never know. She is 91 years old.

My g/d/ will be here soon, we are going to Clarkston. Better class of Charity Shops. laugh.gif
angel
I have a busy day ahead of me, got new furniture being delivered for my dining room and also grandson comming for dinner and the weather is beautifull . tongue.gif
Anne1
Quick trip to shops then tonight we are of to Linda & Neils Silver Wedding Party should be good laugh.gif
stratson
How wonderful for you and Neville Anne,your guaranteed a lovely night, please convey my heartiest "Congratulations" to "Linda and Neil". They are the best. biggrin.gif

Am hoping to get to my garden with the children weather permitting, after which they will come home to Nana's and eat all this soup, the hard work will give them an appetite. laugh.gif
Isobel
Have a great party Linda and Neil. good company your in Enjoy. Congratulations
murn
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 19th Sep 2008, 03:41am) *
Anne , when you say exploratry , do you mean surgery? hope all is well regardless.
Had a busy , busy day at work today , so glad it's the weekend.Might even open a bottle of red tonight with dinner, plus I have to wet the heads of Meghann and new baby Murns neice. Aye ah know , any excuse, but two very good ones if you ask me.

New baby's name, Kayla Marion wub.gif
and nae red wine for me but a glass of bubbly went down nice, Pen you kin open another bottle if yee want wink.gif
Anne1
What a beautiful name for baby, a see a wee bit of you there murn, wheres the pics and please dont encourage Penny laugh.gif
penny dainty
I dinny need encouragement , but seeing yer celebrating........ WOOHOO!
She is absolutely beautiful Murn. wub.gif
tammy
Enjoying my coffee while the rest of the house is asleep..including my wee dog. laugh.gif Then my plan is to drag poor Phil around the shops to get him something decent to wear for my brother's wedding...he doesn't know about this plan yet. wink.gif
stuarty
QUOTE (stratson @ 19th Sep 2008, 01:29pm) *
That's great stuarty, so we can look forward to a few wee "Woof, Woofs." laugh.gif

Today am so tired, maybe is the overcast days we have.

Zak's paternal G/G/mum had a stroke, they say she is in a vegative state and is on a life support machine. They were turning off the machine but doctors have decided to keep her on it. Am so glad as you just never know. She is 91 years old.

My g/d/ will be here soon, we are going to Clarkston. Better class of Charity Shops. laugh.gif

stratson my sister in law lives in clarkston road and loves the charity shops and gets real great bargains and up at the toll my brother lives in stamperlands and the quality of stuff is well named clothes makers so a hope you had a great day

sorry to hear abooy the wee yins great great nanna its a horrible thing to see huggles to all

ANNEWAN and nev have a ball at lindamacs wedding anaversary party and hope it alll goes well
Anne1
Just back from Linda & Neils Silver wedding party very enjoyable evening great food[thats all ive done since Lnda arrived is eat eat] very pleasant company and looking forward to seeing her again before she goes laugh.gif
stuarty
annewan when is linda gone hame as a would love to try and see her a bet you must have gained a stone way aww the eating out och you only live once eh so enjoy it ok wub.gif
Isobel
Just in ,feet killing time for a rum and coke. Trailed Jim down to Toronto to the home show. Not worth the trip saw nothing I wanted. Should have stayed home and spent the day in the garden .It was a beautiful today 25% and no humidity.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.