Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
wee mags
its cauld here the day so Iam making a big pot of soup ,i had a nice ham the other day so I decided to make a nice pot of veggie soup ,oh I forgot its ma day to watch we Andrew ,and Iam sure it will be 'Spooky movie granma" he loveds this darn movie with Elmo and he has seen it umteen times ,ach well it keeps him happy then when he leaves am off to see about a new Computer as this one is acting up too much rolleyes.gif ta ta the noo
betty2
Am goin shoppin an its no fur masel sad.gif Lee wants a black shirt fur friday nights do an ah goat the job o goin fur it. Noo ah dont mind efter aw its a trip tae the shops biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Aye ,,, got the day off work the boss told me tae take it easy ferr a few days as things are slow the noo ,,, whit a nice guy eh tongue.gif ),,, aye betty sounds like a good plan at least yi dont have tae wonder aboot whit colour tae get Lee,, have a nice time ,,,
stuarty
am gonny have a big long soak in the bath, and get ready to go see my pals the night as a havent seen them since scotland whoopeeeeeeeee laugh.gif wub.gif
Heather
I have had a lazy day. Aye right.

Changed two beds and put the bed linen in the machine, this morning

I have the valance's that goes on the bed base, but what a struggle getting them off and on. I have to stand the mattress up and that's a feat in itself as it usually falls over me, and now I'm worn out struggling with those mattresses. I felt like going back to bed by the time I was finished. sad.gif
glasgow lass
Aye Heather aha know whit yi mean,,, but at least you'll have a nice clean bed tae yiself ferr a while ,,, yi know before Mr Heather gets tae ti hen wub.gif
Heather
Lass, I don't let him in until I've had a few nights of the clean sheets to myself, he sleeps on the floor. Aye right, says you. laugh.gif
glasgow lass
oh Heather you amaze me hen,,,, cin yi no dae better than that ferr yir man like me ,,,,,,, aha have a nice wee bug hoose ferr mine tongue.gif
glasgow lass
DUG HOOSE ,,,,,,its this puter of mine, but bug hoose tae eh biggrin.gif
stuarty
oh ham and veg soup yes please and dugs and bugs go together laugh.gif laugh.gif
Anne1
unsure.gif we have been housesitting nearly all day then to finish we had our flu jabs to get a boring day.
glasgow lass
Anne ,,,,, dis a jab mean a shot tongue.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif aye lass a shot[a shot of what] laugh.gif
stuarty
hello anne1 a shot of the flu or a jag or a jab a[A JAB IS ALSO A HIT IN BOXING ] another piece of useless inforrmation laugh.gif
Heather
A shot is what you fire at men who try to get in to the nice clean bed before you.

Lass I was wondering what a' bug hoose ' was until I read down further. laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Aye aha shot in the dark ,,,, laugh.gif laugh.gif
stuarty
or a wee shot of tiquilla yuk way a worm in the bottom of the bottle oh nooooooooo imagine drinking that huh.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif laugh.gif Aye me either ,,,,,, is one suposed tae swally the worm or whit,,,
maryhillgal
Oh Goad G/L ah hope no. Could ye imagine it wriggling doon yer throat! Double boak.
glasgow lass
so who does one get it tae stay in the glass then laugh.gif laugh.gif
glasgow lass
whits up wae this puter tongue.gif ,,,,,,, how is the word,, awch tongue.gif
betty2
Everything ah should huv done yesterday biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Me to Betty,, jist going to do the iorning ( awch ) its a pain noo,,,back tae work the mora so better tae git it oot the way with smile.gif
keelie gal
Im making candy apples fer the weans when they come round and chocolate rice cripy cakes biggrin.gif getting the goodie bags ready fer the wee trick or treaters tommorow
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Keelie thats what i'll be doing later the night when aha get home,,,,,, this was my dads favorite time of the yr, we'd get a costume and dress up wae the kids take about 5 or 6 out with my own so the other parents could give out the candy, we were the bigist kids oot there we loved it,,, last yr aha was Dorothy from the Wizard this yr ahm the tin man,,,,,kids are big noo so dont go about the streets ferr candy,, so ah'll be giving out in mah get - up here lol
murn
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 30th Oct 2007, 03:09 PM) *
this yr ahm the tin man,,,,,

Don't biggrin.gif yee be fright'nin them GL ohmy.gif , huv a heart (or is that scarcrow)?
No. 10 Girl
I've also spent the day making up goody bags for the kids. Wander what I'll do with any leftovers?.... I'll be sucking lollipops for months, now where did I put the Rinstead pastilles? dry.gif
murn
QUOTE (No. 10 Girl @ 30th Oct 2007, 03:58 PM) *
Wander what I'll do with any leftovers?.... I'll be sucking lollipops for months

an thats a bad thing, I'll help, nae charge biggrin.gif
No. 10 Girl
Away an get yer ane lollies!!
Heather
Was out just after 9'0'clock this morning and did the shopping all along the Main Street finishing with Greigs for the tasty treats.

Came home, had a cup of tea and then ironed all the bed linen I washed yesterday. Put the dinner on, peeled the potatoes and left them ready for the dinner tonight. I then did more ironing singing to myself that song Dave Anderson wrote for, ' The Steamy '. Isn't it Wonderful to be a Woman'. Aye right. sad.gif
glasgow lass
aha widnae scare them,,,,, bit the tin man might ,,, tongue.gif tongue.gif
No. 10 Girl
QUOTE (Heather @ 30th Oct 2007, 08:20 PM) *
Was out just after 9'0'clock this morning and did the shopping all along the Main Street finishing with Greigs for the tasty treats.

Came home, had a cup of tea and then ironed all the bed linen I washed yesterday. Put the dinner on, peeled the potatoes and left them ready for the dinner tonight. I then did more ironing singing to myself that song Dave Anderson wrote for, ' The Steamy '. Isn't it Wonderful to be a Woman'. Aye right. sad.gif

Did ye get any iced-ring doughnuts shall I put the kettle on?
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Heather, Heather Heather,, yi iron the sheets ,, aw youre amazing aha've no done that in mah life , your good, woud yi like tae come tae mah hoose ferr ah wee while. tongue.gif
Heather
No.10 Girl, I don't like iced doughnuts, just the sugary one's and I bought a bag of them, some Belgium Buns, and Fruit Square's. But there are some doughnuts left, so put the kettle on and help yourself. Yummy. smile.gif

Lass, the hand I hold the iron with is worn out. I had to iron the sheets because they have frills around the edges. I don't like creased frills. laugh.gif
keelie gal
Heather i will do your ironing for a few sugar donuts laugh.gif
Heather
Aye now you offer, when it's all done. sad.gif

Never mind, have a doughnut. smile.gif
keelie gal
Awww Thanks Heather yer a pal biggrin.gif
stuarty
oh heather any cream rings way the icing on the top please laugh.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif they are fattening stuarty
Heather
No sorry Stuarty, and your too late, as Greigs will be closed now. sad.gif

No doughnuts left either, Keelie ate them all. laugh.gif
Anne1
did you wash them down wae a wee baileys laugh.gif laugh.gif
stuarty
am gonny sulk in the corner as a set myself up to eat it ,will you buy me wan the next time in the bakers please heather laugh.gif
Heather
Anne, of course I washed them down with a Baileys, a Vodka, and a wee Sherry. unsure.gif

Stuarty, Greigs the Bakers is down our Main St. and there is always a big queue in it. I'll get you a couple of your choice on Thursday. It's so cold I'm staying in doors 'till then, and do some of my knitting. smile.gif
betty2
The morra wink.gif ah,ll take it ias it comes , dinner ,s a dawdle mince an tatties mashed turnip, followed wae custard an apple pie. Baked by mine own fair hands. See am good at a lot o things tongue.gif when ah try Then its girls night out barn fur bingo heres hopin am good at that
RonD
JIngs that sounds lovely Betty, ah cin smell that mince!!!! .. Oh here its hallowe'en ah better get some sweeties oot the back o' ma van furr the weans!!
keelie gal
Aye betty mince n tatties sounds grand to me oh i love that dish Ron dont ferget me when yer dishing oot the sweeties i will have my trick or treat bag open and waiting laugh.gif Heather those cakes were lovely next time the treats are on me ,well folks im dressing up today as every year in the salon us girls all dress up fer halloween its a good laugh and the clients love it and a good excuse to have some fun mind you think of the looks im gonna get this morning walking to work all dressed up laugh.gif

Happy Halloween Folks
Java
Ah'm too far oot the town tae get weans round.....Keelie could ye put Blossom in her pram and gie her a really really big push...ah'll catch her, honest....
keelie gal
Ochh nae bother Java ye will know when she arrives Java ye canny miss her she will be dressed as a wee pumkin laugh.gif
Java
Is she allowed candy apples? whit aboot monkey nuts? laugh.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif keelie dont send her to javas youll no get her back laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.