Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
penny dainty
Sending love to you and Nev Anne, all the best. wub.gif
Anne1
thanks doll not long back, now hes in bed it hits him like malaria roasting hot one minute freezing the next but sleeps best for him just now smile.gif
lindamac
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 21st Aug 2008, 02:50pm) *
thanks doll not long back, now hes in bed it hits him like malaria roasting hot one minute freezing the next but sleeps best for him just now

Then I sympathise with dear Neville Anne since Iam on 2 forms of chemical therapy via pill form a daily one & a weekly set of 3 & I have also had a mammoth strain of Malaria/Ross river fever/virus[which stays in the body forever so I still fever every now & then outa the blue wet hair & allsorts God Love Him] having personaly faced this to a mass extent I so completely understand how he feels. God Bless his big heart may he feel better quickly. :wub:My sympathy is for him poor soul he is. wub.gif
Heather
As it's our Parish day at Carfin, we went there today. The coach left the Parish Centre at 11-30am and Carfin at 2-30pm. We go back tonight for evening prayer starting at 8pm, the coach leaving at 7pm.
Thankfully the rain has kept off so far.
Elma
Keep your spirits up Anne and Neville, you have so much to look forward to with that new baby wub.gif
stuarty
a have been in bed all day hot and cold and feel like shaving all me hair off laugh.gif
Heather
Go for it Stuarty. laugh.gif
Elma
Oh don't listen to her stuarty!!!!!!!! laugh.gif
betty2
As little as possible its relaxation time for me efter aw the hard work ah,ve put in this past 2 weeks biggrin.gif

Jimmy d if youre lookin in how about "When youre too tense its common sense to relaxevous"
lindamac
Serving my husband & son along with their friends Food & drinks since they are all here to watch the Rugby so BORING FUR MOI! rolleyes.gif Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
stuarty
hair is still intact so far and am a leo and am pullin it oot look laugh.gif wink.gif
Anne1
been a long long day for me, had to take Nev back into Hospital last night some complications, but seeing Dr tonight an hopefully get him home with me thanks friends for all the good wishes for him much appreciated so have been having a wee bubbly day so better get ma face done to go get him smile.gif
Heather
Anne i'm sorry to hear about all these troubles your having. I hope you find Neville in better health today.
glasgow lass
Anne its good tae let'it oot, a very painfull time for you, am sure he'll be on the mend soon hen, we are here for'yi wub.gif
Elma
Sorry to hear Neville had a bit of a set-back, you know he's in good hands and when he gets home again he's in even better ones. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. wub.gif
Anne1
Well got Nev home last night so we are both having a very very chilled out day today, thanks again folks laugh.gif
stuarty
QUOTE (Anne1 @ 22nd Aug 2008, 03:37pm) *
been a long long day for me, had to take Nev back into Hospital last night some complications, but seeing Dr tonight an hopefully get him home with me thanks friends for all the good wishes for him much appreciated so have been having a wee bubbly day so better get ma face done to go get him smile.gif
sorry aboot nev but you are a strong lady and he is a great positive man and he will be ok oh just read the rest of the posts wub.gif
Anne1
I have just sat and watched the Tattoo on TV it was brilliant all the different nationalities ,dancing the pipes and Drums, all the service personnel very uplifting and as young Rossmckenzie wid say it wis awesome
witshisname
Remembering ma wee Mammy,today is the 11th anniversary of her passing.Gonna go put some flowers doon for her.
Anne1
thats nice Bob to remember your Mum like that
wee mags
aye Anne it is nice of Bob to remember his mom ,just like you are kind enough to remember my mom when you visit your mom,s grave ,thanks wink.gif
wee mags
aye Anne it is nice of Bob to remember his mom ,just like you are kind enough to remember my mom when you visit your mom,s grave ,thanks ;)as I read this I thought of the night we went to Edinburgh,and we went to the castle [naebuddy wis there ]so I came waliking down fro the castle where the Tattoo takes place and said I might no be here when its going on so I may as well take ma ain wee walk ,
penny dainty
Anne I hope Nev is feeling better and you too, keep your chin up , I'm thinking about you.
Anne1
well back to doctors today for results of my last blood tests, then visit with practise nurse . and when thats done will take us to afternoon bingo smile.gif
penny dainty
well fingers crossed for you to get a win biggrin.gif
Anne1
thanks penny laugh.gif
witshisname
Hi Anne,hope all is well with your results today wub.gif I hope that Nev is keeping well smile.gif
Heather
Went into town today and had a look around the shops. I saw a nice dress and when I tried it on it was a perfect fit, so I bought it. smile.gif
Elma
Heather, are the fall fashions into the stores yet? I hope so, my wardrobe could do with a bit of a change.
Heather
Elma,I never noticed any Autumn stock, but there are plenty of sales in the shops. I think they are trying to get rid of the summer stock, because of the miserable summer we have had they have been left with too much summer stock.
Elma
Oh I fancy a day's shopping, how about it Heather? smile.gif
lindamac
since it is 20 minutes untill it is Thursday the 28th here I shall be boarding & leaving oan a jet plane straight hame tae ma Glesga toon again! hehehehe see yees awe soon wegies catch up with the rest of the worlds GGers when I return Bye for now friends take care & stay well pals.tata wub.gif laugh.gif I just know I won't sleep tonight hehehehe
Anne1
A safe and pleasant journey Linda & Neil see you both soon laugh.gif smile.gif
Heather
Linda, you'll be in time to catch a lot of the end of summer sales. I say 'end of summer' tongue in cheek as it's the wettest summer I can remember.

I don't know about Elma catching the sales, unless she gets a fast jet from British Columbia.

As for what have I been doing today, well the truth is NOTHING. I have sat here all day reading, watching tv and doing a bit of crochet. I'm not really good at crochet, I just do the ordinary crochet stitch to use up any wool left over from my knitting.
Who remembers the crochet blankets we did when we were young?? well that's what I'm doing, and it's not very big as the g'daughters took the other one I was doing, and it was a nice big colourful square.
stuarty
lindamac you can tempory join the libary aslong as you give your mammies address and you can use their phooters for an hour and if quiet they will let you stay on if you ask nicely am a member of clarkston libary and its no bad so give it a try hen and we have cyber cafe,s with internet but a wee bit expensive but usful if you need quick accsess to it wub.gif
penny dainty
Well oor Linda musta slept , cause she's no awake yet .I sent her a text to let me know when she was up and she's not replied yet, mind you maybe she didnt hear it , benifit of the doubt there.
Just wanted to say bon voyage.
lindamac
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 28th Aug 2008, 12:13am) *
Well oor Linda musta slept , cause she's no awake yet .I sent her a text to let me know when she was up and she's not replied yet, mind you maybe she didnt hear it , benifit of the doubt there.
Just wanted to say bon voyage.

sorry dolls ahve been up fur hours talking online via msn tae faimly so al call ye the noo pal tok in a wee minute heheheheClick to view attachment
penny dainty
oh there you are, lol on the phone laugh.gif
Heather
Elma I didn't realize you were actually coming to Glasgow when you said about a shopping trip.

I thought your were kidding. laugh.gif
Anne1
Heather your not paying attention girl laugh.gif

Hi Mags lovely chatting with you tonight biggrin.gif Nev sends his best to you
Heather
Good grief Anne, behave yourself.
I thought I was well away from the days of " sit up straight girl, stop fidgeting and pay attention ". sad.gif
Anne1
aw right dont pay attention relax and see if a care laugh.gif laugh.gif not long now to the meet looking forward to meeting up again with you
Elma
Well, I have had a terrible day sad.gif I thought I was being clever when I booked my flight to Glasgow through ZOOM, direct flight from Calgary to Glasgow, non-stop, sounded wonderful. However..........you all probably know what has happened and now Zoom Airlines are no longer in operation. I have spent today calling my travel agent, thankfully I booked through an agent and also calling MasterCard. I am delighted to say I have got booked once more, this time on Air Canada, albeit $600 more!! AND I now have to come through London..... oh well, at least I will get there, thank goodness it didn't happen during my holiday. I am so sorry for all those passengers left stranded.

So look out Glasgow, I'll be there next Sunday afternoon smile.gif
penny dainty
I am so envious of you Elma and linda, I would love a wee trip back home , think it's Linda that's got me in the notion, she should be landing any time now.
Had a nice day shopping with my mum, got some new jeans, pale blue ones , been looking for the right colour for ages.
Anne1
what a worry to have had Elma but now just relax and enjoy, looking forward to meeting with you laugh.gif
wee mags
Mike and I are off to New Hampshire today ,we are taking his mom to visit Mike brother who lost his wife 2 years ago.
I would rather be on a plane heading for Glesga maself sad.gif
penny dainty
And I'd like to be sitting right there next to you Mags smile.gif
Anne1
Daughter & G/Daughter taking us out to lunch today, looking forward to it smile.gif smile.gif
penny dainty
Went to Rocklea markets and got a few dvd's cheap , I am Legend, Water Horse and Spiderwick
stuarty
have a good time wee mags and a know that glasgow feeling a miss i badly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.