Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
lindamac
laugh.gif Hehehehehe guess who likes tae test the grunn ?.........................oor wee penny dainty hahahahaheheheheshe got caught a 3rd time calling Neil the BO she sent me a txt msg which Neil read oot aloud as he was fixing ma new mobile at the time she got caught red haunded heheheeh she is gonnae get it she is gonnae be for it! hehehehe ................Telt ye ah was a grass Penny hehehe my brothers always got mad at me fur tellin oan thum when ah was wee noo ahm jist wee Grass that grew up hehehehe laugh.gif so ahm helping Neil tonight tae set up oor wee PennyDainty tae get her back hahahahehehehe This is much better fun than worrying aboot packing hehehe
lindamac
biggrin.gif Success at last regarding my over the limit packing woohoo,Neil went to the post office to find out how much it costs to post some of our essential things,It turns out we can express post 10kgs of goods with Insurance inclusive for 220 Aus dollars,seems my wee problem will be solved where theres a will theres a way eh pals. rolleyes.gif We are gonnae be packing up that parcel ready for posting on Monday as it takes 10days to get there so it will be there afore us thank goodness.well thats the rest of the weekends duties taken care of we are gonnae be packing up the hoose stuff frae noo oan.
penny dainty
Aha !! forewarned is fore armed , bring it on Bo!!! laugh.gif
Had a wee trip to Bunnings the day to see about some pine paneling for the study walls in the house.Its a bit pricey so we might have to re sheet the walls instead.Hmm back to the drawing board.
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Morning all, been up since six am so I have no excuse for missing my class this morning a really dont like the new hours , too early. my son is going to a party the night ( every one bring a dish kind of thingy ) so I'll be cooking this aft,,,Hey mom I'll be taking the meat,,ok sayes me whit would you like me tae make >>>>>>>>>oh about twenty breaded veal cutlets would be great please!!! unsure.gif
angel
O you can do it lass, he is jist your wee boy. tongue.gif
stratson
G.L. Yer wee boy has excellent taste! laugh.gif
Heather
Yes kids are great. We have our g'son here staying over night again, so for his dinner tonight he fancied a Pizza. He phoned Domino in the Main Street so he could have a fresh Pizza. It was delivered and the full price was 6 which he paid himself. wub.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Well am all done cooking the veal cutlets I thought that it woud be nice to have some roast potatos to go with them so Ive done a big tray of them , awch'yi know how growing kids are always starving wub.gif
RonD
Well, day two o' the highland games is ower. It started pourin' at hauf nine in the mornin' and ah thought we're toast! We usually have people came fae the eastern part of the Greater Toronto area. So ah'm thinkin' they'll look oot the windae and say
"Och we're no gaun!
It cleared up enough that we didnae huv tae move the highland dancers inside, and it got quite pleasant.
Ah wiz at the openin' ceremonies and glanced up at the car park and it wiz full!! That wiz jist magical. Ah think that people huv hud so much rain this year that they wurrnae gaunnae let it stoap them. It wiz a long tirin' day, ( ah wiz there at five in the mornin' puttin' up clan tents.) but everywan seemed tae huv a good time watchin' the dancers, the heavies, the dugs, the bands and in the beer tent and band shell, as well the kid's Celtic area.
Ma only disappointment wiz bein' tae tellt that our own "Chookie" wiz there and wiz lookin' furr me. Ah fun oot wiz fae Val Cairney o' the Scottish Banner. Ah'm truly sorry that ah missed ye, Chookie. sad.gif Today is the last day and it's supposed nice weather so away we go again.
mamie
Today I have taken it easy, tomorrow I start again watching the grankids, so I will be up bright and early ..............They are all lovley, so it is a pleasure haveing them.
Isobel
Beautiful day here after the dreadful one we had yesterday.We have had our fair share of rain this summer. Awful......Never seen the grass so green in July. I am heading out to the garden to paint my bench seat. Don't want to throw it out so I will give this a go and see how it looks.
CAT
Evening all ! Wit another glorious day we've had the day again. Took the granson's through to Mussleburgh yesterday whilst it was hot but dull in Glasgow the sun wis splittin the tree's through there. It was their fair week end and there was a galla day at the racecourse it wis braw. They had a procession through the toon wi everybody on horse there must have been at least 200. Ah think everybody in Mussleburgh has a horse.
Today went shoping, bought ma daughter a new bed and then went tae ma mother-inlaws for sunday lunch.
Now I'm sitting chillin with a small libation my first of the weekend. I went tae ma friends barbecue last night and jist drank water. Same on friday jist long glasses of Glasgow's finest. I'm startin tae worry aboot me. laugh.gif
glasgow lass
A so enjoyed the water while in Glasgow , it was one of the first things that I did when I arrived was have a great big drink of it LOL, its still as wonderful as I remembered it tae be,,,then I graduated to the other stuff tongue.gif laugh.gif
Dont yoo be getting too good on us noo, LOL.
Heather
Lass, my sister and her American husband were here in April and he could not get enough of our water, he thought it was great. He was drinking it by the pint glass, and said it was lovely and refreshing.

G'son has informed us he will be staying over night again. I asked him what the attraction was as he only lives two minutes away. He said it was nice and quiet without his two wee sisters, they are 10yrs and 7yrs old, and he was 17yrs old at the beginning of the month.
At least his parents know where he is and he went home for a change of clothes for tomorrow, because he only brought one change with him.

I had to pracitically fight him to get my Laptop off him. He has a Laptop but he does not have a wireless router.

Up until a few weeks ago he used to ask to stay over, but now since he turned 17yrs he just tells us, " I'll be staying over tonight." laugh.gif
stratson
Started the day by stripping my bed ready for son to turn my "LUXURY" mattress(Hyacinth Bouquet).
It has been so hot at nights decided to put a top sheet on, so I can leave the duvet at bottom of bed, in I go to the linen cupboard, well, ended up I emptied it, rearranged all matching sets ..Found sets I had forgotten about, was great, better than shopping.

Was after 3 o,clock before I got out to garden, the poor tomatoes were so thirsty. Right now am kind of out of action so can only do light work. After this friday will get stuck in as my allotment is large. When my daughter returns to N.J. am leaving the allotment in hands of my g/daughter. rolleyes.gif

Heather, is it any wonder your g/son stays with you, is all those lovely meals you make, he's feeling like little "Lord Fauntilroy. laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Heather there's nothing like grannys hoose, I stayed over at my grandmothers wee house in Lochburn rd at least two to three times a week and I was eighteen and loved every ninit of it wub.gif
glasgow lass
ooops >>> minute tongue.gif laugh.gif
mamie
HI stratson you have been busy!!!!! It's great when you clear out a cupboard, it is very theraputic, so good on you. You must have a lovley garden when you grow tomatoes. Anyway my day is over, I am off to bed, so goodnight and god bless, everybody.
Anne1
exciting day for me of to Doctors and Nurse for Blood tests, Diabetic tests ,change of prescriptions, new blood sugar machine[last one fell in the bath] any other maintenance checks will be carried out later smile.gif Its a great life if you dont weaken eh smile.gif
Heather
Yes your right Anne, just keep going.

Well the g'son went home today, he said he had to keep an eye on his two wee sister's because their dad was on a nightshift last night and his mum works the usual 9-5. So I told him if the girls wanted to go swimming then bring them over, which he did.
We set off to go to Easterhouse swimming pool but the bus never appeared. It's bad enough the bus is only one an hour, but when it does not turn up then it's time to start walking. It took us a half-hour to walk to Easterhouse.
The pool was great and the water very soothing on my old legs after all that walking. We spent an hour in the pool then it was time for Mickydees. By this time the g'daughters had asked to stay overnight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So here they are. Their big brother brought over their nighties and a change of clothes for tomorrow, and I was kidding him he is fairly dodging his sisters these days. Actually he is really great with them and I think the big difference in age has a lot to do with it. He is 6 1/2 yrs older that Megan and 10yrs older that Emma. He gave each of them a hug and a kiss before he went home. smile.gif
Anne1
sounds like a nice lad Heather smile.gif
Heather
He's a gem Anne, but then i'm biased. smile.gif

He reminds us a lot of his dad at that age, although he never had any sisters or brother's. But he really is good with his sisters. He goes into 6th year after the summer, and it's just as well he will leave school next year as Megan goes on to the High School next summer, she started school at 4 1/2 yrs. She is small for her age, and if he was there to see anyone picking on her, and although he is an easy going good natured lad, I think he would get angry and sparks might fly.
Anne1
well we are going to have a wee wander round shops at Falkirk tomorrow as a havent been there for a while got to buy baby present great great nephew[makes you feel old when you say all the greats] laugh.gif
Anne1
to wet for Falkirk stayin home
Heather
Yes the weather was a big let down today.

I was playing tennis with the g'daughters in the back garden. We had garden twine across the garden tied from one fence to the other, then the rain came lashing down, so play was suspended. laugh.gif
Anne1
where do you get all your energy from your such a tiny wee thing as well smile.gif
Heather
Not that wee, I'm 5ft 2 1/2ins. Some people take me for taller because I'm slim. It's all the energy I use up keeping up with these energetic g'children. wacko.gif
mamie
Well I had a great day!!!! I met a dear friend and we took the tour bus around Glasgow. I was born and bred in Glasgow, and I knew most of the places but did not know a lot of the history that was connected with them. The only problem was the rain, but when you are in good company, a little thing like bad weather is not important. We were most impressed with the Glasgow cathedral and all the history surrounding it. Also The Neocropolis was something else. It is strange throuout the years I have walked passed these historical buildings and never thought to stop and enjoy them, in fact it was mostley forieners, who were there > Anyway again I am tired and it is baw baw time for me once more . so good night and God Bless
glasgow lass
laugh.gif laugh.gif Your so lucky mamie to be able to do that >>>>>> enjoy every minute.
penny dainty
Annewan , dare I ask how your glucometre fell in the bath???? dry.gif
Anne1
It was lying at side of bath and I leant over to get more body lotion and oops in it went, nothing weird dainty laugh.gif
mamie
I agree GL. I know I am fortunate with my health, as the old saying goes ,"health is wealth" So back to watching the g/weans today. I hope you all have a good day whatever you have planned, take care.
Anne1
unexpected housesitting for my g/daughter for electricity between 12 and 5 yuk laugh.gif
Anne1
quick visit from electric folk couldnt do job needed access to some mains situated in a neighbours outside cupboard but they were at work so back again next week sad.gif
lindamac
Mibees al go look at ma wee hoose today see how faur it is coming along then Gotta go see oor lawyer re oor buying the hoose & dae a wee dauner aroon the shoaps tae get me a wee walk aboot then go see an early afternoon movie perhaps biggrin.gif Then hame fur dinner which is Porterhouse steak ah guess ahm haein a hoosey typ o day tongue.gif
penny dainty
Cleaning , washing , ironing, cooking argh! I need a drink ohmy.gif
Tell you what though , the hoose is gleaming. biggrin.gif
maryhillgal
Wid ye like tae come over and start on mine Penny? Ah'm sitting watchin' the rain comin' doon in torrents - ma man hid tae make a mad dash tae get my washing in [Ah don't huv the breath tae hing it oot or take it in]. The weather in this country drives me mad. Roll on the holiday in September. Cannae wait.
lindamac
biggrin.gif Yip I did most of what I said .we took some piccys of oor new hoose thur in the Gallery if yees wannna wee look.Also went tae the movies tae see The Bank Job it was good too.I managed tae get a rerr few underwear bargains at Kmart as they had Triumph bras fur 10 bucks & some nice hoisery gaun cut price as well as underslips gaun furra tenner so a grabbed some of everything hehehe laugh.gif well we always need extras sooner or later daint we?PS I still didney put awe ma washin away yet penny hen hehehehe ahm I bad .............Yipp I sure ahm!
bilbo.s
Hi Maryhillgal,

Here's a wee tip- move to Spain. It's easier than you think. You'd be very welcome and your man could do at least three washings and dryings a day.
angel
Hi Maryhillgal, I see you had enough air tae get tae the cyber pub ok.. EH.. tongue.gif
Anne1
cheeky angel laugh.gif
Heather
Aye Angel, but the weather drove Maryhillgal to it.

The rain is pouring down right now. sad.gif
angel
same here Heather ,we need or rainmates. tongue.gif tongue.gif
Guest bilbo.s *
Ah telt you lassies- come on over to sunny Spain. You're all welcome1
Isobel
We have had a really nice day. Went shopping in the morning ,quite a few good sales about. Sat in the garden for an hour or so this afternoon ,just thinking of next week(wedding) lets hope its a good day. Tonight I am about to do a little bit of catching up with the ironing.
glasgow lass
OMG a woke up tae the sun splitting the trees. Think its safe tae put my rainmate away for the day so a doo. Staying at home today and resting, had a lovely time last night at my friends home we were eight for dinner they were reminding me that its my turn next, oh a shudder at the thought of it :lol
Well a should get ready for the gym>>>>>>>>the resting part comes after the gym rolleyes.gif
Have a great day everybiddy,,,,Lass wub.gif
lindamac
biggrin.gif I have to go out to the Drs this afternoon ,nowt wrong as Iam going to see him to get all my paperwork to carry all my drugs through customs so I guess it is a good visit hehehe tongue.gif
Anne1
well am off to Bonnybridge first to see my daughter for her birthday then on to Falkirk for a wee look at shops, need a few odds and ends[my excuse] laugh.gif
bilbo.s
Off to Adra- first to library to exchange DVD's (free) and then maybe a coffee in a nice cafe (80p) . Next shopping at Lidl to stock up on booze and maybe a wee bit of food thrown in.
Anne1
Lidls is quite a cheap shop out there for booze my husband bought his drink there, we were in a place called Cabo Roig not to touristy just nice smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.