Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Isobel
Morning all. I have that problem and its awful. I was told by my doctor to take gravol as its not addictive. So maybe once or twice a week I do that . You need a good nights sleep every three nights. So I am told.
Not a very nice day here, rained most of the night and today its warm and showers expected best part of the day.Good for the garden ,but ma wee pal is having her big yearly BBQ and we were all looking forward to a nice afternoon by the pool. Looks like it will have to be inside. Thank god for basements
lindamac
We signed our contract of sale for our new home on friday afternoon plus We went to see our friends up at their farm sunday [ yesterday] we wanted to catch up with yvonne & waynes daughter whom has come down from Rockhampton[roxanne is my daughters best friend from childhood],we havent saw her in 5yrs as she has been away at university. Since Roxanne is staying to help look out for her grandma for a wee while whom is 83 & tiring,they live in stanthorpe the place of the apples which is next to vonnie & waynes farm in between warwick & Stanthorpe.

Since Vonnies ferm is in between stanthorpe & Warwick , we had a fair drive up of 2&3 quarter hours each way.We saw another baby alpaca [thats her got 6 now]which was as cute as a button our dog ashy almost copped a kick from the alpacas mammy cause he got to near tae her baby hehehe never saw ashy run away so fast in eez puff hehehe :lol:they have mostly cattle now but they are expanding each time we get up there we find theres plenty more coos n Bulls.after a nice wee walkaboot we had a lovely alfresco luncheon of chicken salad etc& just basked in the sunshine enjoying the amazing saroundings of farmland bush & mountain ranges even better than usual as the day was gorgeous weather like spring yet we are still in winter.

Neil & Wayne went off around the property shooting stuff [yeah ah know bad int it but boys will be boys ahm afraid]Vonnie got the whip out tae show us a few moves[settle doon fellas it isney like that]hehehe as she whipped cracked away Neil near copped a nose skinning aff Vonnie cause she was too close tae him hehehe now he was a sight tae behold he froze furra second then ran aroon efter vonnie tae confiscate that bliddy whip hehehe wish I had thought tae film them on the video hehehe we had a hilarious day.

Turns out that roxanne is here to become a police woman after deciding she no longer wants to be a teacher she was looking great & wonderfull to see her & Heather reconnect so she will be down to see Heather in a few weeks to stay for a wee holiday.Had Mr Mrs Dainty here saturday night for stew n Mash wi vegies we all enjoyed ourselves as well as us having a wee giggle oer a couple of red wines which ahve never realy liked before but I found a fruity red tae try & liked it. laugh.gifa great wee weekend had by all I say.
Isobel
Sounds like a great time was had by all. My weekend turned out better than expected . Alan and Pat had the BBQ but we were all inside as it poured rain.We all just laughed and said a real Glasgow day, what could be better None of us remember weather like that in July.
Our drive home was awful. Oh well it was worth it .Good food and great friends. thats what its all about eh?
Today is a much better day looks like it could be very nice the rain got rid of the humidity.
Going to the print shop to get the programs for the church printed them Kathryn My sister and I are going to put them all together this afternoon. Hopefully in the garden.
Hope everyone has a great day.
stuarty
thanks for the cuppa tea annie laurie a needed that ahhh best drink invented by whom ever discovered it laugh.gif
Heather
It was a lovely morning here, so about 11am my husband and I got a train into town then a coach down to Ayr, we just got back home about 8-30pm.

Ayr was very busy and choc-a-bloc with cars parked along the prom on both sides of the road as far as the eye could see.

The beach was busy with plenty of children having a good time in the water.
Across from the beach there is a really good play park for the children, swings, chute's, climbing frames. There were so many I can't remember them all and they were free. Along from that was a park where the children could play football, and run about to their hearts content. These place's were all busy especially with people having picnics as there are plenty cafe's where you could buy a selection of food for eating out.

We played a game of Putting and my husband won 10-4, he even got a hole in one. tongue.gif
penny dainty
A day at the seaside Heather, sounds lovely .I guess Ayr must still get its share of the Glasgow punters during the Fair.
I went to work as Usual , then had coffee with a colleague whos rat of a husband has just told her he is leaving her for a younger model, poor soul is so upset.
For a woman to do this to another woman is dispicable, but when the woman is your own best friend !!!!!! Well I say Karma will have a say in both their lives.
lindamac
biggrin.gif It is a tate early by sounds of things but Iam actualy gonna pack my Glesga cases today as I think it will get me started oan packing up this hoose afterwards,cannae believe it is like 30 days untill we leave OMG anyhoo I figured dain the pack up fur holidays was a wiser move tae motivate me onward tae getting awe the rest done hehehehe rolleyes.gif
lindamac
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 21st Jul 2008, 11:17 PM) *
A day at the seaside Heather, sounds lovely .I guess Ayr must still get its share of the Glasgow punters during the Fair.
I went to work as Usual , then had coffee with a colleague whos rat of a husband has just told her he is leaving her for a younger model, poor soul is so upset.
For a woman to do this to another woman is dispicable, but when the woman is your own best friend !!!!!! Well I say Karma will have a say in both their lives.

My heart goes oot tae yer pal as I was sharing with ye thats what happened to my pals 3yrs ago Penny it was very tragic my girlfriend Rose had a dreadful time afterwards almost broke into a nervous breakdown so she did & she got terrible depression tae so watch oot for yer wee workmate she will need some sorta support hen.God Bless her wee heart that must be the worst sort of break up there can be so traumatic poor darls she is.I like you feel Karma will get it's way with him one day he will have to answer to God about why he didn't Honour 7 cherish his beloved wife untill death did they part & I believe theres only a few good reasons that God would allow for splits but certainly not running away with yer best pal huh thats sick!
Anne1
thanks for the cuppa Annie just the job smile.gif
Java
Ah'm puttin a plaster oan....ah've jist got a paper cut fae a passport application....ah could sue...come tae think o' it...maybe that's thur sneaky wey tae get a DNA sample...huh.gif ah'll stitch them right up...it wisny ma application....laugh.gif
Anne1
well that will stump them DNA wise java laugh.gif
Java
If ye suddenly hear that aliens are suspected tae have landed, ye'll know they checked it...laugh.gif laugh.gif
Anne1
your as mad as a brush lassie laugh.gif laugh.gif
Java
Oh they can take DNA fae brushes annaw ye know....laugh.gif
Anne1
laugh.gif laugh.gif bampot
Heather
Well Penny, so much for the loving husband and the best friend. They have probably been having the affair for a while, right under her nose. Shame on them both.

With a friend like that, who needs enemies.
glasgow lass
Hello everybiddy, not doing too much today maybe a wee look aboot the shops,,,jist a look mind'yi tongue.gif , its not lookin that promising weather wise so angel a might have to wear my rainmate afrer all tongue.gif
angel
Hi Lass, I consider an umbrella to be a dangerous weapon in a downtown situation,... glasgow in particular in the rain...you are probably
going to get your eyes knock oot o yir head, and the darn thing is jist useless trying to keep you dry anyway so for me I prefer a rain mate and the use of both my hands , so as I can to stick it right back to those inconsiderate citizens of that dear grean place. and make them eat their bliddy umbrellas....cheers tongue.gif tongue.gif
glasgow lass
Aye all of that is true angel,,,,,, but wouldn't you still luv tae be there tongue.gif
angel
shut up...
lindamac
ohmy.gif OMG it is back tae the packing drawing board fur me int it! Bliddy Heck I packed my suitcase today awe chuffed thats a start made oan getting ready fur ma holidays ,startit today since al huvty be packing up the hoose tae.

I figured tae massell this will be a rerr way tae enthuse me fur the packing if ah start with ma holiday case it will cheer me oan sorta hing.....Oh I was wrong so far wrong ah could greet boohoo it awe seems like a mountain noo cause when Neil took ma case tae be weighed today, I was Gobsmacked tae learn the case was..........A wopping 10.2 kg overweight limit Boohoo !

I wish ad no startit this noo ahve tae unpack tae repack OMG thats only ma claes nae toiletries or towels or anyhing as using mammys stuff save weight HUH! not tae mention ahve presents tae pack intae Neils ,he is ma only hope of taking what ahm wanting tae take hopefully he will have space since he is a sensable packer but ahm jist wanting everything ma ain way ahm urney able tae choose witt stays in the case & witt goes Boohoo! sad.gif
Elma
I haven't even thought about what I am going to take let alone actually packing, but......I'm not moving house either! It is a thought about the weight you can take now-a-days, I'm going to be wearing layers and layers of the heavy clothes so if you see someone rolling around in Glasgow Airport, that'll be me laugh.gif so help me up onto my feet again, thank you!!!
I need help anyway, how warm/cold is it now in Glasgow in September?
Heather
Hey Elma you better be careful in how many clothes you wear. I read in the newspapers last week that some Airports are weighing the travellers as well as their luggage. wink.gif wink.gif
Elma
Oh no ohmy.gif sad.gif
mamie
Yesterday, I and the lovley man in my life, took the train into Glasgow then the bus up to the Kelvin/museum.....A little bit of culture! I had'nt been for years and it was worth paying a visit. I particuly love the paintings and the sculptures. One in particular is the man with his little daughter sitting on his knee, they were so sad looking, I could have cried for them. If any of you haven't been for a long time it is well worth a visit. Glasgow has so much history, it is worth taking time to enjoy it.
Heather
Mamie, that is where my husband suggested we go yesterday, but I wanted to go to the seaside.

We have not been to the Art Gallery for years either.
Anne1
what am a doing the day well am off to Ullapool for 4 days to see my daughter and two g/daughters, havent seen them since may so looking forward to it and this daughter likes to run after you and fuss, ah luv it laugh.gif laugh.gif
penny dainty
Kin I come too Anne, pleeeeaaase!
penny dainty
Linda , does your case include Neilbo's stuff too , remember its a joint weight unsure.gif
Isobel
Relax and enjoy it Anne.
Isobel
Well it rained best part of the night here. Lots of thunder and lightening, Heard this morning that this has been the most rainfall every recorded here.What is going on???? Quite nice this morning , heading out to meet my friends for lunch later. Lazy day for me. Not getting many days like that right now. Busy time ,wedding fast approaching.
Heather
Well right now I am sitting here in fits laughing.

Yesterday was the anniversary of the Battle of Falkirk 22/7/1298. Edward 1st of England against William Wallace, and Edward won the day.

So today I am reading in the newspapers that the Edinburgh Dungeon, a top tourist spot in Edinburgh, jokingly banned the English for the day and told them they would only be allowed in if they signed an oath of allegiance to Scotland and William Wallace.
Some nutcase made a complaint the Police as they considered the ban racist. The Dungeon boss said it was a storm in a teacup.laugh.gif laugh.gif
glasgow lass
That is funny Heather laugh.gif
They should cinsider it a privileger tongue.gif
penny dainty
acht some folk have no sense of humour sad.gif
penny dainty
Well it's been a dreich miserable day here, rained non stop.
Got the ironing done and made a lasange for tea.
lindamac
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 23rd Jul 2008, 04:15 AM) *
Linda , does your case include Neilbo's stuff too , remember its a joint weight

laugh.gif HEY pENNY HEN AH CANNAE STOAP LAUGHING AT THE THOUGHT OF WITT nEILS GONNAE DAE TAE YOU FUR CAWIN HIM THAT OAN THE WORLD ARENA HEN HEHEHEHE YER GONNAE GET FERR SKELPT OR MARMALISED wanna the two ah h8uvty hope he wullney read this yin HEN HEHEHEHE sorry ahve hit the caps ahm that awe oer the place with this laughter N hilarity of yer situation Penny hahahaha

We each get 20kgs & we have yet to weigh Neils we will dae that today or tomorow but dinnae furget hen he has that wee coupla things fur ma mammy so they weigh a fer 6-7kgs oan thur ain so huvty wait n see sorta hing cripes ahm that fed up with the hale idea of packing seeings a failed so miserably at dain ma holiday case,ahve no packed anither thing ither than Neils case since hehehehe laugh.gif whit cin ah say ahm oer moving n packing.I need tae get ma ersengraces intae gear soon though as time does fly dint it?
lindamac
QUOTE (Heather @ 22nd Jul 2008, 10:45 PM) *
Hey Elma you better be careful in how many clothes you wear. I read in the newspapers last week that some Airports are weighing the travellers as well as their luggage.

ohmy.gif Are ye serious Heather?Well thats a shock fer me ahd be as well staying here then cause ahm a 2 ton tesse, thurs gonnae be nae chance fer me noo wot wiff the case & ma boady baith being a nono OMG ahm done fer sad.gif I would refuse tae be weighed by an airline ahm afraid my ain Dr barely gets tae weigh me never mind a bliddy airline wow thats pure cheek & whur widd they dae it ahm wunnerin? Heather you better be kidding hen or ahm cutting aff yer free dreinks at the pub ahve ma contacts ye know hehehehe.
Java
Haud oan till ah put ma serious face oan.....

Linda, if the luggage is proving to be a serious problem, it might be worth booking extra weight in advance...most airlines let you do it and it'll be at a much cheaper rate per kilo than the rate you'll be charged at the airport.... biggrin.gif
Heather
Oh Linda, I'm having a good laugh at you thinking I was serious. laugh.gif

That's as funny as the person who complained about signing the allegiance to Scotland and William Wallace. laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Well a dont know how funny this wan is coz I've been hearing the same things aboot being
weight at the airports tongue.gif laugh.gif
CAT
Hi all, the sun is shinnin an it's jist a beautifull day here in sunny Brigeton (am at ma work) Ahm dyin tae get oot there an enjoy it. Ma wee grandson is having a tropical beach party at nursery. Ah bet he's havin a ball.

As for the luggage situation we met loads of people coming back from our hols that had problems with weight on previous trips . We were a bit worried but as it turns out ours was just within our limit but there were others on our flight who had almost twice what we had and never had a problem.

Well lunch has arrived so I think I'll pop oot tae the sunshine and eat al fresco cool.gif
mamie
I haven'nt done very much today...............In fact I am going to have myself a wee nap. It is too hot for me, I do'nt handle the heat very well. Anyway one good thing is, this morning at long last, I have got set up with a mike , I still don't know how to use it but I will get there.
CAT
we'll be lookin forward tae hearin ye in the Kareoke club Mammie. biggrin.gif
glasgow lass
Now the airlines are talking aboot cutting back on fuel >>>>>>>
Noo that would worry me some huh.gif , Id much rather pay extra than have fuel cut backs let them take away aw the food and snacks , alcohol and all othe drinks except water, movies and TV screens,,,but lots of fuel please rolleyes.gif
lindamac
QUOTE (Heather @ 24th Jul 2008, 08:11 AM) *
Oh Linda, I'm having a good laugh at you thinking I was serious.

That's as funny as the person who complained about signing the allegiance to Scotland and William Wallace.

Aye but at least a cin take a joke & ahve no called the polis Heather laugh.gif ye ever heard a friend tell ya tae SHUP YOU! well ye jist did Heather shame oan ye extracting the michael oota me when ahm up tae high doh or is it overload!heheheeh ya wee badyin the day urnt ya Heather Bells will be ringing fur ye when ah meet ye at the luncheon meet oan the 12th wee pal hahaha laugh.gif Isney ma fault ah trusted ye n bleeved witt ye telt me that Pennys always dain this stuff tae me tae yees urra perra wee naughty GGGEMS! in the best taste of course hehehe
Heather
Linda laugh.gif laugh.gif
lindamac
QUOTE (Java @ 24th Jul 2008, 08:01 AM) *
Haud oan till ah put ma serious face oan.....

Linda, if the luggage is proving to be a serious problem, it might be worth booking extra weight in advance...most airlines let you do it and it'll be at a much cheaper rate per kilo than the rate you'll be charged at the airport....

sad.gif Java hen the luggage is proving tae be a nightmare & I couldney detect yer serious face Greenyin ya wee cheshire cat ye urr at times hehehe ,thats Neils case actualy 7kgs overweight annawe noo so realy has tae be back tae the drawing board unless I can dae witt yeev mentioned ye see weel no huv hauf o the stuff returning hame thats witt buggs me aboot it awe.I cannot leave too much out as we have gifts tae take & we need plenty claes in case it rains & ah cannae get ma claes dry as mammy disney hae a dryer,ocht mibees al buy her wann when hame & just huvty take stuff oot & wear the same old same old every day. rolleyes.gif witt dyee call that thing yer talking aboot pre booking weight? gonnae send me a wee pm oan witt tae dae Greenyin thanks.
RonD
Ah'm knackered! Ah huv doon a the park where urr preparin' furr the hielin' games. It's been miserable weather bit wiz awfae nice in this part o' the wurld anyway! It's a lot o' work and too few volunteers, mostly us "sexygenerians" dae'in' a' the work. Wait a meenute that's no fair, there's a few 50 somethin's in the bunch. The weather forecast is gettin' better by the meenute. We jist huv tae fit everybody in tae their slots. Theres the dancers stage tae assemble, Gad aah love watchin' they wee four aulds oot dancin' their herts oot and struttin' aff the stage oh so very serious! We huv the Scottish breed dog show wi' 13 breed includin' the border collies, deerhound and a' the terriers and collies. There's the hielin coos , Clydesdales, Angus and and Aberdeen cattle. Then the heavies wi' their cabers and hammers. A' the pipe band lookin' really grand in the massed bands. We work so hard and its ower so fast (sigh!!)
penny dainty
Hey Linda , if you don't tell The Bo I said it , he'll never know laugh.gif An whaddaya mean I wind you up , MOI! never !it's my evil twin that does it, I'll have a word wi her.HEE! HEE! laugh.gif
lindamac
QUOTE (penny dainty @ 25th Jul 2008, 04:06 AM) *
Hey Linda , if you don't tell The Bo I said it , he'll never know An whaddaya mean I wind you up , MOI! never !it's my evil twin that does it, I'll have a word wi her.HEE! HEE!

Well thaTS ME HUVIN TAE EMPTY OOT MA CASE & ORGANISE POSTAGE FOR SOME OF THE THINGS AHVE GOT FOR MA WEE MAMMY AS EMIRATES ARE CHARGING 90 AUS dOLLARS PER kg OVERWEIGHT OMG ohmy.gif THAT IS GONNAE ACCUMULATE TAE JUST UNDER 1700 BUCKS FOR CLAES N PRESENTS OMG THATS ALMOST A WEANS HALE AIRFAIR INT IT AL LEARN TAE DAE WITHOOT CLAES AS YE SAY PENNY HEN OAN ANITHER POINT OOR WEE PENNY DOLL al hae ye know ahm thinking yer telling us a Likely story wee yin laugh.gif

ahve telt Neil oan ye anyhoo cause ahm a grass hehehe eez gonnae batter yer melt in hen hehehehe
He siad yeel keep, he will bide eez time & yer gonnae cop it hehehehe Neils reading this as I type & he said thats 2 strikes noo 3 strikes & yer oot!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.