Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whit Ye Dae'in The Day?
Glasgow Boards/Forums > GG Chit-Chat > General Chit Chat > Chat Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210
Melody
laugh.gif laugh.gif That's true.
Isobel
Well i'm off to my daughter place god love her she just moved back in and she is insisting we come over for dinner.Joanne loves to cook.
lindamac
QUOTE (Isobel @ 28th Jun 2008, 08:56 PM) *
Well i'm off to my daughter place god love her she just moved back in and she is insisting we come over for dinner.Joanne loves to cook.

We had dinner at our daughters house last night also Isobel ,she has been in her Brothers home for 1year exactly yet that is the first time she has had us around to dinner whereas our son has had us for dinner heaps of times as he adores cooking & entertaining. laugh.gif

We had chicken cannalonni ,salad & fanned roast potatoes then Pavlova it was a lovely enjoyable dinner however me & my daughter ended up having words which sort of came from no where & was a silly pointless debate that got disrespectful on her part towards me.I quietly endured it then I went home feeling sad & upset but such is life we have to move along & get on with it, forgiving them the disrespect they sometimes show via their youth & lack of life experiences. rolleyes.gif
stratson
Have no plans as yet, hopefully get out and about, perhaps do some hoeing up at gardens, with all this rain the weeds keep popping up.For now am off back to watch Jeremy. laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Hello everybiddy, I woke up the day and thought that it was Monday but naw its Wednesday , silly having a long weekend on a Tuesday I think, back to work for me today anyway Im not like these teachers sad.gif who have the whole summer off work, so its going to be a lovely day weather wise and aha cant wait to get out there and get it going ,,,, have a smashing day whatever yooz are doing and see'yi aw efter eh wub.gif Lass.
stratson
Am having a day at home, really quite enjoying it. My son popped in at lunch time, so now on the P.C. Hoping to watch Andy Murray at 4 p.m.(no relation) Wimbledon. Think this one will be tough for him, he is good, will be rooting for him. biggrin.gif
Elma
Running around today doing all the last minute things then packing my case as we leave tomorrow morning. Can't wait, we are driving to Spokane tomorrow, on to Seattle on Friday and we leave on our cruise on Saturday. Going to be great......... biggrin.gif
Heather
I started to dead head the roses and a neighbour passed by and stop for a chat. My husband came out to join in and we stood there chatting for two hours. Well the roses will keep for another day. smile.gif
wee mags
well today am off for a Bone density test ,I had one a couple of years ago and the dr said ma bones were weak,heck a could hiv told him that rolleyes.gif
Anne1
snap Mags my bones are the same maybe we got it from our wee mammys eh laugh.gif laugh.gif
stratson
Popped into Argyle street this morning, got taxi back. Thank goodness I was home before the thunder, the rain wiz stoatin' oaf the grun! It's no finished yet. Hope is dry tomorrow as I have hospital appt.>>>>If nice weather I can walk there. smile.gif
Java
Hope everythin goes well Stratson biggrin.gif D'ye want me tae tell Jermy where ye ur? laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Well guys the weather has been terrrrrific the day , I have just finished trimming my shrubs and ahm aw scratched and bleeding wae the bliddy things ,,I want to move to a condo!!! tongue.gif. noo where did aha pit that soothing camoline lotion unsure.gif
angel
I,m going to get some yard work done myself today lass, and then my sister and her husband are comming for supper to night,.... Hope your erms don,t fa aff. cool.gif
brian432
Heading up to Aberdeen this morning for the Aberdeen Highland Games. Hope to have haggis for lunch cool.gif
glasgow lass
Have a nice time angel ,hope'yir a good cook, my erm's did hurt today angel but they'll get a nice wee rub doon the night tongue.gif .Brian your lucky wish I was going to lovely Aberdeen but not to the games or for haggis laugh.gif but to the majestic cliffs hight above the ocean where I used to play as a child.
wee mags
this is where am going the day 5th July Iam off to the Round Hill Scottish Games
penny dainty
Have fun Mags.
We went grocery shopping today and that is about as far as we are going , it is raining so hard it is coming off the pavement and bouncing right back up again.Still nice to aee the rain , it has been dry for a while .
Anne1
Supposed to be going shopping today but its awfy wet and cold but a could be coaxed, last night Son & girlfriend took us out to dinner at posh place in London OMG food to die for sheer indulgence[wae prices to go wae it] but a lapped it up think I was meant for that lifesyle nice while it lasted but back to normal the day smile.gif smile.gif
brian432
QUOTE (glasgow lass @ 4th Jul 2008, 11:07 PM) *
Brian your lucky wish I was going to lovely Aberdeen but not to the games or for haggis but to the majestic cliffs hight above the ocean where I used to play as a child.

Sorry Lass, Aberdeen NSW, a small rural town in the Upper Hunter Valley. No majestic cliffs, and about three hours drive from the nearest ocean laugh.gif
Click to view attachment

Didn't have any haggis but still had a great day and Michelle made a new friend laugh.gif
Click to view attachment
RonD
Stratson while flyin' oot o' Glasgow ah'm sure ah saw yer allotment!!! smile.gif
glasgow lass
Hi Ron I didn't know that you were in Glaasgow was it the Glasgow over the pond Ron or another Glasgow laugh.gif nice to see you back aha hope you had a smashin time ,,,Lass tongue.gif
glasgow lass
Aye brian that was funny, aha had a good time reminiscing anyway great photies ,,cheers , Lass. laugh.gif
glasgow lass
Well aha missed my class the smorning ,,, but who cares laugh.gif ah'll go do mah own thing at the gym later, might stay home today and enjoy my wee hoose and back yard after all I have done aw the yerd work so its easy peezy now. My cousin bought me some CD's last yr when I was in Glasgow one of which is my favorite bands/groups Maroon 5, so think thats my choice of music for the day ,,, have a gret weekend everyone smile.gif
Anne1
well am travelling home today great holiday but dying to see ma ain wee hoose and rest of my kids smile.gif smile.gif
penny dainty
It's always nice to get home Anne, glad you had a nice holiday , but glad to see you back as well.
Lass I like Maroon five they are good arent they/
Well we got the office gutted today , there was shelving right round the room , the previous owners did that .It is so airy and light now, we need new paint , flooring and a computer table and it will be just braw. smile.gif
stuarty
a have just had a spitfire fly over the house as kenley aerodrome is stil in existance and they are having a fun day and also I just had a nice wee look in the gallery as nobody ever says theres been new pics added so its good to see the new pics in all the sections thank you all for the cotrabution a have seen aroon the world the day laugh.gif
Java
Hope yer home safe Anne....it's your turn for the tea and toast in the mornin...biggrin.gif
stratson
If the tea and toast is served around 8a.m. please remember me. while I remember, java, wiz nice o' ye to let Jeremy know where a wiz. Gettin' a bit sick o' 'im pittin' oan repeats lately. Mibbee folks jist want tae soart their ain problems and he's runnin' oot o punters!

Rond, hud a known ye were flyin' oot o' Glesga wid hiv made a point o' staunin in the rain at ma allotment an' waved tae ye. Pity ye couldnae hiv sprayed some weedkiller ower it laugh.gif
(I jest, we are organic)
Hope you and Ingrid had a great time.
Looks like we will hiv a full house for tea an' toast Anne1, evrybidy's comin' hame.

Watched Nadal win the men's single tennis championship. What a game. The adrenalin was runnin' over time. Great tennis. biggrin.gif
Java
Ah know Stratson...ah tried tae get oan tae Jeremy tae confirm ma suspicion that ma dug's buried ma shoe, but he says he canny get the lie detector strapped oan...oan the plus side he says if she ever gets a bonio addiction ah can gie him a call...
Heather
I missed the Tennis Final as our water was off today, the second time this week.

I was up early and had my breakfast then put a washing on. Went up for a shower and there was only a trickle of water. Went back downstairs to check the water and noticed the lights on the washing machine flashing, what a carry on that was.

I phoned the Water Board but it had already been reported. Phoned around the family who live in the area, they were all in the same boat, no water. Phoned my cousin who lives not too far away, she had water so we went there for dinner.
Just after we came home, one of our neighbours came to the door with a couple of bottle's of water, he had heard there was a water tank up in Easterhouse, so he went up there and filled the boot of his car with as many bottle's as he could get then went round the neighbours and handed them out. It was very good of him and we really appreciated it as we still had no water.

The water is now on but the neighbour said it might be off again, so we had to fill kettle, pots, bath and anything just in case.
It was a burst pipe in Bargeddie that caused the trouble.
Isobel
You had quite a day Heather. I thought you only got burst pipes in the dead of winter.
My day was also a busy one . We had a shower here for Kathryn .I had 26 people . Happy to be going to bed now. She got lots of beautiful gifts. Her shower gifts are better than we got for wedding gifts.Changed days eh?I have posted a few of the pictures in the gallery.
CAT
Poor Heather what a rotten Sunday you had. That was a really nice thing your neighbour did. Restores your faith in human nature.

I'm back at work today and foolishly had a couple of drinks to chill out last nigt so I'm not feeling at my best sad.gif
I had a lovely relaxing day yesterday. Late breakfast, a wee bit of house work and a wee trip tae the barra's and then the Forge .
witshisname
I'm having a nice day in with ma feet up,as i went on a wee walking tour of Montreal yesterday.
The weather was famtastic here,so i thought i'd go around taking some photies.

here is the link to my pics.hope you enjoy them.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5vRb5VANcs
Isobel
That was just great ,beautiful city .I recognized some of it some parts I don't, but its years since I have been. Would love to know how you do the viio and how to post it.

Today I am having a nice down day at home. Just hope it don't get to hot and I can enjoy my garden.
stuarty
a loved the 3 bronze women
angel
I enjoyed your photos Wits. tongue.gif
glasgow lass
laugh.gif Good morning everybiddy, I hope all is well at your house now Heather, going to be a very long and busy day for me one of those twelve to fourteen hr days so aha thought that Id pop in to say hello,stuarty hope you feel well soon hen, its going to be a lovely day again so thats a big help when the sun's oot and I hope yoo aw have a smashing day,, cheerio for now,,Lass tongue.gif
angel
I did a bit of shopping yesterday and today I will take half of it back. tongue.gif
CAT
At least it wis your's Angel if only fur a short time tongue.gif
glasgow lass
Must be a girl thing wub.gif
witshisname
went to see the new Will Smith film ''Hancock" it was a good film,but i think i appreciated the Air conditioning in the cinema more...lol.
Isobel,I used'' Windows movie maker'' which is a program you'll have on your computer if you're running the windows operating system.
Stuarty i nearly fell ower when I saw the wee bronze wimmin,i walked right past them and it was only when i heard someone say ''take my picture with them'' that i turned aroon and seen em.
It's a shame they don't have any Names.
RonD
Aggie, Bella and Sadie!
glasgow lass
Aye great choice of names therr Ron,,, a love the name bella tongue.gif
Anne1
gonnae have to go to Doctors my chest has been very tight and wheezy and last night in, bed couldnt get my breathe sheer panic got appt 2-15
stratson
Anne1, glad your seeing Doc. Trust all goes well,let us know how it goes. smile.gif

Be glad when I get my op. over with and get back to normal.
!!Feel have taken up residence in the "LOO".
This is how am spending my day rolleyes.gif
CAT
There's only one thing for it Stratson. Ye'll need tae get a wireless laptop biggrin.gif
I took mother out last night fur a wee drive and I took yer suggestion of the chippy in calder street. Now I'm not sure if it's the right one as I have just read your post again and you metioned Tina's. Well we went to tony's is that the same one ?
I've been out all morning at a meeting and now I'm giving myself a well earned break.
glasgow lass
Anne and stratson a hope yous are ok wub.gif a have a nice photie in the mail to you Anne that should fix'yi pal,,,, ,didn't know you were ill stratson.
Cat your a good lassie so you are smile.gif
stuarty
when a went to the chippy in caulder st he was called danny's nothin like a big bag a chips efter swimmin

was at dentist and am nearly there am to get a phone call for the date for final fitting a hope then shopping never shop on an empty tummy a bought bikkies and stuff a wouldnt normaly buy 27pounds and only 2 dinners in that lot oh and some chinese finger food and junk food oh well what shall a eat first choccy bar bisciuts advocados with juicy prawns a will make up a nice sauce for my prawns and then suff my face and feel sick laugh.gif laugh.gif
stratson
Cat, my son has just informed me the name is Tina's Fish Bar. facing the school(red build) definitely not Tony's. Your mammy is lucky having you for her daughter. biggrin.gif

Danny's, the one stuarty refers to is not called Danny's any more. It was sold off a number of years ago.It's just round from Campbell's boys shop in Vicky Rd. in Calder Street.

Cat, I have a wireless laptop but I prefer using p.c. on my desk. Am getting a special table for over my bed so I can use it when am convalescing.

Waiting to hear how our Anne1 got on at the Dr's today.???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.